allied international

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4666 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 187
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

:mad2: Hi everyone. I didn't think I would be coming back to you so quickly! It's nasty west again but this time its about a credit card account. I have been paying this account off slowly and not missed any payments. The reduced payments started off at £5 a month about 5 years ago and have slowly crept up. Last year they told me to pay £38 per month which I was doing (reluctantly) But now after filling in another i'o form I offered them £20 per month because of rent rises food going up etc. They got back to me asking for £47 per month because they said I should pay an equal percentage of my money going to debts to each company i owe. I pay £10pm to one, £22 pm to another just going with what has been asked for and seemed reasonable. The thing is after May, I will be losing about £320 per month in tax credits and child benefit when my daughter leaves full time education so i have no idea what i'll do then never mind having to pay more per month. Any ideas i will be grateful for.

It is for you to TELL THEM what YOU will pay, NOT the other way round. make the offer of £20 (which is very very generous) in writing, if they refuse, just pay it anyway, they will not take any action against you as they will be ridiculed in court.

Have they sent you a copy of your CCA for this alleged debt? What about all the others?

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!

Hi, Thanks for the superfast reply, you guys are brill. I was thinking about the CCA and looked at all the stuff I had from NW about the loan but found nothing about the credit card in that . Do you think I should ask for one? For all I know, they may not have a signed agreement as it seems the loan people don't. Although I must admit ,these credit card people seem a bit more on the mark. The other debts I have don't seem to be a problem, they have not been aggressive and seem to leave me alone to just pay them a small amount each month. 2 of them are almost paid off now (TG) . I did make the £20 offer in writing on the I/O form but they refused it and say that they want £47.19 per month for the next 6 months after which a full review of financial situation will be required and with this arrangement no interest will be charged. Should i default on any monthly repayments they will place account in hands of external DCA without warning or delay. Nice.

Yeah well their puerile letter is all bluff and bluster, they seem to think that by sounding aggressive they somehow have the upper hand when in actual fact they are lucky they breathe the same air!

If it is for a credit card, and these have already rocked the boat and are getting greedy, then a CCA request won't hurt at all, it will at least send them the message that maybe they should have accepted your first offer and been happy.

When was the card taken out? Pre 2007?

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!

Hi, Not absolutely sure but have found a letter dated April 2006 when I was offering to pay £1 per month to them so the card must have been taken out either in 2004 or 2005 , definately could not have been later than 2005.

CCA request then HH,

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/content.php?414-CCA-request-letter.

£1 postal order, send recorded OR 1st class and obtain proof of posting.

Thanks for that, will send off my postal order soon as. In the meantime I have a direct debit set up for the £37 per month that I've been paying and its due to go out on the 10th of April. They obviously expect that to be changed to the £48 this time. What would be the best thing to do, Change it to £20 or cancel direct debit altogether?

Thanks for that, will send off my postal order soon as. In the meantime I have a direct debit set up for the £37 per month that I've been paying and its due to go out on the 10th of April. They obviously expect that to be changed to the £48 this time. What would be the best thing to do, Change it to £20 or cancel direct debit altogether?

Hi Hippy! I hope you're in fine form! I'm sure Bazooka and others will be along soon, but may I just mention that a direct debit is a very bad idea. I would cancel this immediately! I would also withold any payment until you get the CCA back. If you really want to pay something I would pay £1 maximum. This is a non priority debt, you have other issues to contend with, such as rent, council tax etc.

Just remember, the odd magic mushroom now and again never did anyone any harm!

Best wishes

OK the direct debit should be cancelled immediately, how long have they got to reply to your CCA request?

IMO it would be a bad pre-emptive strike to stop payment if they are still within the time limit laid down, the choice is yours, but if they do come up with the goods, then no payment at all would not look good if it got to the legal stage.

So if you don't want to pay them THEIR chosen amount, cancel the DD and pay them £1.

• 5 weeks later...

Hi all, I sent for the CCA and have given them the time to get back to me but so far have heard nothing from them. I sent the postal order 1st class with proof of posting and have kept the receipt. Do I have to send them another letter now? If so, what do I say? Thanks.

Well if "Helpful banking" have failed to supply you with your CCA request, then the "FAILED" letter is the next step, along with reciprocating their childish attitude and ignore them. Open up their own complaints procedure with the sole intent of exhausting it so you can then escalate your complaint.

Once again 2nd class, and obtain "Proof of posting"

Hi all, I sent the ' failed to comply' letter to nasty west by recorded delivery. Unfortunately, this morning I received a letter from them containing everything I had asked for including a signed copy of the agreement (ho hum) It is late getting to me, passed the 12+2 days on Friday last week. Should I now concentrate on offering them less per month ( I will actually be getting much less income in about 2 months as my daughter leaves full time education so I will lose child benfit and child tax credits, probably be about 280 ponds per month worse off.) Or do I keep up the in dispute thing? Thanks for all your help so far.

Without sight of the docs they sent you it would be impossible to advise. The 'in dispute' argument has now gone as they have complied to a certain degree, if you can scan & post the docs on here, then others will be able to advise, but PLEASE ensure yo remove ALL identification from the docs, bar codes ref numbers etc.

Hi, having tried and failed miserably, i cannot seem to scan it properly. I scan but cannot copy and paste it to here, sorry. Am expecting a letter from NW to say account not in dispute after all (although they were late) My only idea is to tell them my money is going down and make another offer. Does that sound right? Thanks again for all your help.

Is that all of it??

If that is all they have sent you then you can reply with this http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/content.php?415-POSSIBLE-Letter-when-a-questionable-agreement-application-is-sent.