allied international

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4650 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Have a read through this, but IMO if the rest of the documents are as illegible as that then I would still dispute this, do they say whether it is a copy off the actual document itself, or a copy of a microfiche?

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?162851-Consumer-Credit-Agreements-a-guide-to-enforceability

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!

• Replies 187
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I can see personal details on some docs you need to remove them asap.

Any Letters I Draft are N0T approved by CAG and no personal liability is accepted.

Please Consider making a donation to keep this site running!

Nemo Mortalium Omnibus Horis Sapit: Animo et Fide:

Illegible IMO. Demand they send you legible copies, as without those, how are you supposed to know if you were disadvantaged by any of their T&C's at all?

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!

• 1 month later...

Well, of course they are going to try to hide behind Section 78, but they are not answering the question. I have to rush out now, but you can make a request under CPUTR 2008. There is a fabulous letter on one of the threads I am on and I'll find it for you later. tinky posted it up in the last four or five days if you want to search for it in the meantime. Basically they are obliged to tell you if they have, or have ever had, a properly executed agreement which you have signed.

DD

Hi DD, I'm afraid they did send me a copy of the signed agreement and a lot of other stuff but I wrote to them about the copies of the T &cs they sent me. They could hardly be read they were so small and faded so I told them I could be disadvantaged because of this and they sent this reply. Not sure where to go with this now. I offered to pay them 25ponds per month before but they asked for 48 pm and I stopped paying while this query was going on. Should I offer the 25 again because I cannot afford more than that.

Hi HH,

Just send them what you can reasonably afford if you want to pay,

take all priority payments into account plus a sufficient amount for contingencies.

If you do this they have little or no chance of getting more awarded by a court.

Any Letters I Draft are N0T approved by CAG and no personal liability is accepted.

Hi Daniella, I took the agreement and everything else off cos I keep leaving my name on things! A couple of people have seen it though and say it looked lawful so I not sure what to do now. I disputed it because the T&Cs they sent were pretty much unreadable but as you can see from their last letter to me, they don't agree. Do you think I should make my offer again?

Amazingly, one of the cards I am not dealing with is NatWest so I'm not too familiar with their agreements. However, like every other company they must have the prescribed terms within the four walls of the agreement and not on a separate piece of paper or leaflet. Did they have the prescribed terms in the document you signed?

Hi, just had a look at my NW agreement pretty standard and all is in place, signatures dates and T's & C's

this is 4moths old.

Leaflet containing T's &C's sent with card as well.

Sorry for the delay, hippy. I must have missed the alert.

Well, I can't see any prescribed terms on it, can you? I can't read it properly but I think all I think you are agreeing to by signing is the data protection stuff. Personally I would send them another letter saying that you wish to make it completely clear that the document you are asking for is the one with your signature agreeing to the prescribed terms and quote them, then quote the 'four corners.... Tuckey' bit, and then ask the CPUTR question about whether they have or have ever had the document you are requesting.

That is what I have done with several and so far I have had no responses whatsoever.

DD

• Confused 1