AK Claimform - MBNA card 'debt'

MeeBroke
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3365 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Oooh! I've now had an email from an email address that I can actually reply to! The person that sent it seems to be completely unaware of the endless communication going on as they have acused me of ignoring them :confused:

• Replies 964
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

LOL- nice one,I have read this entire thread and boy have you been put through the ringer ont his one, but I doesn't stop me following in your footsteps. I have however, changed the phone numbers on the online access to the accoutn so that they cannot bother us on the phone as I have a baby who needs to sleep.

Well I am only almost a month from requesting my husbands CCA. SO what has happened regarding your "CCA" what they sent you is not legal for what reasons? SO I take it that since they sent you what they consider your "agreement" then they can demand the money STILL?

LOL- nice one,I have read this entire thread and boy have you been put through the ringer ont his one, but I doesn't stop me following in your footsteps. I have however, changed the phone numbers on the online access to the accoutn so that they cannot bother us on the phone as I have a baby who needs to sleep.

Well I am only almost a month from requesting my husbands CCA. SO what has happened regarding your "CCA" what they sent you is not legal for what reasons? SO I take it that since they sent you what they consider your "agreement" then they can demand the money STILL?

One of the first things I did was remove my numbers from the online form. It made no difference at all. The calls keep coming to this very day.

I have two very young kids as well. MBNA could not care less :(

Hi Meebroke

Did your email from them quote the last 4 digits of your card number which they state should be used for security purposes and to confirm that it is a genuine email from them?

The email I had didn't and replied accordingly, then had another a couple of days later quoting the numbers but this one was the usual one telling you not to respond via email, call instead.

I haven't!

Hi Meebroke

Did your email from them quote the last 4 digits of your card number which they state should be used for security purposes and to confirm that it is a genuine email from them?

The email I had didn't and replied accordingly, then had another a couple of days later quoting the numbers but this one was the usual one telling you not to respond via email, call instead.

I haven't!

No response to my email. Did not have numbers you mention.

I did get a text today on my mobile that said:

Subject: Call Me

MeeBroke call me when you get this message (MBNA Number)

That's all it said!

Does anyone know if there is any systematic way they decide how to contact you? Is there a cycle which decides that today you get:

letter threatening charging order

letter from 'legal' company

phone call from in-house DCA posing as external company

phone call to work decieving your receptionist into thinking you're a family member

Form email, does not allow reply

personal email from named MBNA employee

postcard advising of imminent phone call

post card advising of imminent visit

statement of arrears

text asking you to ring back from MBNA

'personal' looking text with no mention of who it's from

letter reminding you of impending Default

letter reminding you that you have ignored their communication

empty envelope sent recorded delivery, requiring signature

or, as is my suspicion, is it all a bit random? How could any judge anywhere think this was acceptable behaviour?

• 3 weeks later...

Hi Meebroke,

Yes it does all seem very random, doesn't it?

I have received another email today quoting last 4 digits, as required, it was one that I couldn't reply to but said that they may register a default which would be on my file for 6 yrs and they may legally assign the debt to a third party etc!

On arrival at home I have also received a letter, similar to others that appear to have gone out this week, offering a 'Reduced Payment Plan' or 'Partial Settlement', please call etc!

The best ones that I had were from a company, not MBN@ I may add asking me if I wanted to set up a secure loan to clear outstanding debts.

Another time a lady phoned me up and hinted big time that maybe their was some other way I could raise the money. Not sure if she meant a secure loan or maybe "money to be made down the docks" very confusing:)

Pumpytums

Might help us if we list them here. I'll start:

MBNA recently sent an envelope to my place of employment. The envelope was sent SD so it had to be signed for. Inside the envelope was...a folded piece of ruled paper with nothing on it.

Why did they do this? Two reasons I believe:

1. to confirm my place of employment

2. to gain my signature (our postroom signed for it so they failed on this count)

How do I know it was them? Luckily, I've saved every letter and envelope that has ever been sent to me by MBNA. A recent letter was also hand-addressed, with the identical handwriting.

I hope to one day be able to show these documents to either a Judge or the Police.

Anyone else have any dirty stories of MBNA's shockingly illegal behaviour?

where do i start i could write a book lol, oh i know how about altering a DN to make it appear legit to the courts PF

Finally if you succeed with your claim please consider a donation to consumer action group as those donations keep this site alive.

R.I.P BOB aka ROOSTER-UK you have always been a Gent on these boards and you will be remembered for that.

I'd like to build up a dossier on all of their illegal tactics and present them to my MP who is a VERY powerful man in this country. ;)

At this stage I only need a list of tactics. SOMEONE has to defend us against this company who seem to feel they're above the law (although they are fequently proven wrong on this score in court).

well im more than willing to help u ill draw up a list and post it here this evening and yes they need inhouse investigation PF

Finally if you succeed with your claim please consider a donation to consumer action group as those donations keep this site alive.

R.I.P BOB aka ROOSTER-UK you have always been a Gent on these boards and you will be remembered for that.

MBNA have

- refused to acknowledge receipt of the SAR even though it was sent recorded.

- Neglected to comply with the SAR for the first two attempts.

- Eventually sent a three page document showing 'all charges' and when compared to my own statements, they did not add up.

- Ignored most of my letters for SAR and refund. (sent numerous letters!)

- Eventually offered a good gesture of £86 (MBNA A&L) even though the claim is for over £1800 - and that's with the statements I did have (needed the money and couldn't delay claiming any longer.)

- Had the same issues with with MBNA's abbey SAR. Also claiming £2000, offered £125 and not heard back about the rest.

- Still to this day, MBNA have not provided all of the statements / breakdown of all charges for the last 6 years.

Slightly repetitive but they never complied the first few times. Waiting until I complain.

Dunno if they are dirty tricks on their part or me just having a moan.

Edited by _hennessey

Mine has to be asking my 12 year old for another number for me (i.e mobile that they don't have) and I NEVER give out as it's for family and friends only - then asking personal questions and if she was on her own as I was out. She wasn't, but what a dirty trick.

Also, blatant porky pies that are about to catch up with them and their solicitors!

x

I've contacted BBC's Watchdog and hope they take up the case.

I'll add:

ringing my place of employment and trying to get through to my extention by representing themselves as my wife and claiming it was an emergency.

Of course, we all know that threatening to place a chraging order on your home when they are in no legal position to do so it completely illegal.

Ok, I've had a few letters of the same ilk- ignoring any notion of the dispute and just suggesting that I hadn't been in contact etc.

Today I received quite a flash looking letter-loads of colour ink etc. this letter for the first time talks about how they may have to "write off" the debt. It goes on to mention their options for collection etc.

I'm actually wondering about this one. What do they mean by 'write off'? I have not received any default notice yet.

Effectively they are saying they will pass the debt to a dca,writing it off doesn't mean they'll wipe the debt,just move it onto a 3rd party to collect.

At some stage you will receive a default notice and then a letter from the dca that has "bought" the account.Don't think they won't take this action because you have placed the account in dispute and they won't inform you of it being assigned either.

I'm in the same boat as you,albeit it at a more advanced stage as i've actually written to capquest who bought my account and told them to return it.They have placed the account on hold for 30 days pending investigation which i'm interpreting as them checking out the cca to ensure validity and asessing whether or not i'll contest any action,which of course i will.

Effectively they are saying they will pass the debt to a dca,writing it off doesn't mean they'll wipe the debt,just move it onto a 3rd party to collect.

At some stage you will receive a default notice and then a letter from the dca that has "bought" the account.Don't think they won't take this action because you have placed the account in dispute and they won't inform you of it being assigned either.

I'm in the same boat as you,albeit it at a more advanced stage as i've actually written to capquest who bought my account and told them to return it.They have placed the account on hold for 30 days pending investigation which i'm interpreting as them checking out the cca to ensure validity and asessing whether or not i'll contest any action,which of course i will.

Thanks for that. I wasn't for a moment expecting the debt to disappear. I just thought it was odd that they were discussing 'writing it off' before any notification of any impending default was made. MB

I've supplied all of my details to BBC's Watchdog in regards to my problem with MBNA. I've also sent them a link to this section of the forum.

It would be very useful if anyone that was willing would supply the details of MBNA's activities. You won't need to give any personal information, it's just that they'll take more notice of the story if more people complain specifically about MBNA.

Please use their online form here: I selected 'Finance' and then 'Banks and Building Societies'. BBC - Watchdog - - Got a story

This may be the only way we can actually get MBNA to follow the rules. Please help if you can.

Thanks MB

This from the American website 'OpenSecrets':

MBNA Corp

MBNA Corp is the nation’s top credit card company and one of the world’s biggest finance companies. The company was also the biggest campaign contributor to the Bush-Cheney ticket during the 2000 election cycle and has been one of the Republican Party’s most generous contributors over the last decade. For the last five years, MBNA has been pressing lawmakers to pass legislation that would make it harder for individuals to file bankruptcy—a bill that, if approved, stands to earn MBNA at least $100 million in additional revenues each year, according to press reports. The bank also has lobbied against legislation to protect consumer privacy rights and was a leading proponent of banking deregulation.

It is also worth noting that the current American Vice President has been under investigation in regards to dodgy dealings with MBNA and that his son was a Junior VP of the company up until recently but remains on a $100,000 a year retainer to MBNA.

So, what chance do all of us little guys have against an angry giant like this that is used to getting what they want by simply 'owning' the right politicians?

This ain't America.

OR HOW ABOUT :

I requested all documents they were relaying on in court via a CPR PART 18 request this I sent of on the 16th July 2008 and did not get said documents until 30th December 2008 and this was 6 weeks after them applying for summary Judgement on the 13th November 2008.

They totally stink.

PF

• 3 weeks later...

Ok, two letters from them this week. First was one from Gail Powell telling me they are now 'investigating my complaint'- although I have never made one, only a request for my Credit Agreement, which they have still not provided. The letter says they will get back to me within 28 days.

The second letter is a default notice. I have kept the envelope although there is no decernable date of postage on it-just a bar code.

Any updated advice?

Edited by MeeBroke

Hi Meebroke,

is your DN for the full amount? The DN is invalid, count the working days 2 for 1st 4 for 2nd.

Is there a S top right?

If so post no more information that can trace back to your account ie dates and amounts.

Pumpytums