Child Tax Credit SUSPENDED - Computer Error!

loobyloo35
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5043 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

My payment hasnt gone into my bank - I did put up a separate thread but as this is still ongoing I thought I would start a new one.

It seems that my payment from Tuesday hasnt gone through - it seems that any little error can cause the suspension of payments.

Up until yesterday my WTC was still going to be paid on 23rd June but I have been told this evening that its been suspended as well NOT HAPPY!

Everytime I call up they tell me the payments have been suspended and an error note with a reference number is on my file. The department that are trying to sort this out are on telephoned based so I only have the main number as a contact.

Apparently this does happen (never happened to me in the 10 years I have been claiming!) has anyone ever experienced this before?

No one seems to know how long this is going to take or will take,apparently there are no notes on the system.

Surely if it was something more serious then they wouldnt just tell me it was a computer mess would they???

The telephonist I spoke to tonight did say that I was entitled to the money and that I would receive it she just didnt know when.

Can someone help or put my mind at rest please because if my payments are stopped indefinitely then I am well and truly screwed!

A very worried LL :mad:

Don't think so as the page shows it was last updated in 2003.

One definite way of finding out why the payment has stopped is to send a subject access request to tax credits. This does not cost you anything - all HMRC and DWP subject access requests are not charged for.

The form for this can be found here

Expect to receive half a forest back within 40 days :D Mine was 6 inches thick!!!!!!

The advice I give in relation to benefits should be viewed as general advice and not specific to your individual claim circumstances. I cannot give specific advice on your claim as I cannot access the claim.

If you find the advice useful please click on my scales.

yes I realised that after I had posted it DOH!

They keep telling me I will get my money and it just hasnt been sorted out yet and they have informed the relevant department of the computer error!

The thing is if I SAR them this could take weeks and what's the point, this isnt going to get my money is it?

Surely if it was something far more serious they would ring me or write to me or turn up on the doorstep and I have had nothing! Even when I ring the 5 times I have been told every single time its computer error related! GRRRRRR!!!

If there is no problem with your actual claim and you are entitled to the money, ask them why a clerical payment cannot be made (giro).

Payments that people are entitled to should not be suspended unless there is a problem with the claim, such as you haven't provided the correct info, or someone named in the claim dies.

I had problems with Tax Credit and didn't have a payment for 3 MONTHS. Every time I rang, it was "being sorted". I lost my rag waiting and went to the local inland revenue to ask for an interim payment as I would soon have to pack in my job as I could no longer pay my childminder. They discovered it was a Tax Credit error and I got my payment within 3 working days.

My advice is based on my opinion, my experience and my education. I do not profess to be an expert in any given field. If requested, I will provide a link where possible to relevant legislation or guidance, so that advice provided can be confirmed and I do encourage others to follow those links for their own peace of mind. Sometimes my advice is not what people necesserily want to hear, but I will advise on facts as I know them - although it may not be what a person wants to hear it helps to know where you stand. Advice on the internet should never be a substitute for advice from your own legal professional with full knowledge of your individual case.

Please do not seek, offer or produce advice on a consumer issue via private message; it is against

forum rules to advise via private message, therefore pm's requesting private advice will not receive a response.

(exceptions for prior authorisation)

I have just rang them again and asked if it had been sorted and they said no they are still suspened, "bear with me whilst I look at the notes". I asked what the notes said and he wouldnt tell me, I said I had been told about the error etc., and he said it had been sent to the tax credit office to find out why they had been suspended.

I asked him if a giro payment be sent and he send one was requested on Tuesday, I asked him the outcome and he said this can take anything up to 2 weeks. i said I could be without money for nearly a month then and he said yes, so I said how am i meant to surive and his answer..... I CANNOT COMMENT ON THAT! :-x:-x

I had to put the phone down on him!

I really do not know what is going on and I don't know what to do, I have lost all my appetite and I am now getting to the stage where I just want to cry!:(

• 1 year later...

If your tax credits payments are suspended for no apparent reason and they don't sort it fairly quickly, complain.

In the same situation, my payments eventually turned up 3 weeks late. My complaint was upheld and I got £30 compensation.

RMW

"If you want my parking space, please take my disability" Common car park sign in France.