CSA after chasing freind for £42k help!

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5462 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I would appreciate some advice or a nudge in the right direction concerning a good friend of mine.

My freind of 15 years is an asian uk citizen. His family made him enter an arrranged marriage in 1994. His wife came to join him in 1996. A few months after she came she fell pregnant.

A few months after the marriage was not working and she went back to her country. My freind had a lot of doubt that the baby was not his. His wife came back to the uk in dec 96 and had the baby the same day she arrived.

My freind had chased for dna test for 8 yrs but his wife never agreed. Then when the child was nine my friend went through solicitors and dna was done and the child turned out to be his

The ex wife has never allowed my friend to see the child or have contact, and my friend does not want nothing to do with then anymore.

The big problem is that the CSA are sending him demands for payment and he owes them £42,000.00. His has left work 3yrs ago as they stated deduscting payments from his wages, he had a very good job. Now all he does is sit at home and is suffering severe depression. He has no assets, no savings and feels there is no way out.

He honestly tried very hard with his ex to come to some sort of arrangement but now he has just given up on life. I do not know what to do and worry deeply for him. This debt is growing and growing and there is no way out.

Please could someone help or advise, because my friends depression is increasing day by day and I do not know what he will do.

thanks

The best thing your friend can do is set up a payment plan with the CSA. If he can show he is willing to make payments then they should back off as no-one could come up with £42,000 in one go unless of course you are a MP.

:cool::cool: Blondmusic :cool::cool:

Thank you for all who have replied. I will suggest to him to contact the CSA. I believe he has in the past offered to pay but they have not accepted his offers.

Maybe he should fill out some kind of income & expenditure form

If he has left work I assume that he is on some form of benefits, if so the CSA will know exactly what his income is through the DWP. If he is still working is he actually claiming all his entitlements through family tax credit?

If you make a reasonable offer and co-operate by proving your income (P60's?) or lack of income over the last few years you will probably find most of it will be written off anyway as unreasonable and uncollectable.......it will help them hit their collections targets which are usually hilariously unrealistic anyway.

A lot will depend on the individual who's dealing with your case. ;-)

HOIST BY THEIR OWN PETARD.

Blimey it works....:-)

sorry for interupting your thread guys.buit i wondered if the 42 k owed was in the form of a liability order through the courts? could this be statute barred being over 6 yrs if the csa have not contacted him for payment?his assesment should be altered if his circumstances have changed, claiming benefits and being out of work should put him on a nil assesment for the last 3 years if he has informed the csa about any changes in his circumstances if he didnt then they will keep his assesment the same and say he didnt inform them of any changes?the csa use debt collectors to recover the amounts owed and say that these have to be cleared up in 2 years,he should request his infomation under the data protecion act,to check if there are any errors in his file he can complain the csa about,the csa are dont care about your expenditure and house hold income as long as they are collecting the arrears owed