Anatomy of a Default Notice

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4569 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• Replies 541
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

How long have you got? Do you have time to send them a part 18 request asking whether it was normal practice to note issuance of a DN on the comms log? Followed by a 31.14 request for copy of comms log once they mention it in their response. Just thinking out loud.

Is a witness statement provided by the claimant sufficient to demonstrate service of a DN when they unable to provide a copy?

Pretty much. The originator of the DN rarely keeps copies. They would usually give a WS and a copy of a screenshot (or similar) from their "system" to demonstrate when it was issued plus a copy of a template of the DN issued to demonstrate its form/wording.

You'll find it tricky to argue against this unless you have the original + envelope that shows that what they're saying is wrong.

Mike

Pretty much. The originator of the DN rarely keeps copies. They would usually give a WS and a copy of a screenshot (or similar) from their "system" to demonstrate when it was issued plus a copy of a template of the DN issued to demonstrate its form/wording.

You'll find it tricky to argue against this unless you have the original + envelope that shows that what they're saying is wrong.

Mike

agreed. on balance (and remember it is on 'probability'), if it shows on their log that a dn was issued, plus an affidavit with a template, and it was not returned as undelivered, then it would be difficult to rebut service/form without any evidence to the contrary.

imo

By comms log...do you mean a SAR?

Record of communications to/from creditor/debtor

Any Letters I Draft are N0T approved by CAG and no personal liability is accepted.

Please Consider making a donation to keep this site running!

Nemo Mortalium Omnibus Horis Sapit: Animo et Fide:

Sorry, probably asking a thikko question here which has probably been answered (but it's a long thread to go through)

Just received a dn from BOS, nothing in bold, although there are a lot of caps.

Anyway, the dn is dated 3rd Oct, but I only received it today. Does the 14 clear days start from date of receipt or the date on the dn?

I'll post it up over the weekend anyway.

Thanks all

PS, remedy date is stated as 24th Oct

Mike

just going on from this

to comply with the default and termination regs, the default notic must be in the correct form etc

a scanned copy would need to be kept by the creditor if any discrepancies came to light later on

failure to rectify within adaquate timescale for instance (dates)

being a default notice is needed prior to any enforcement action we can then bring into the equation

woodchester v swain

if they produced a witness statement then i would be demanding a true and certified copy of the default notice that was sent out being the cause of action

BUT THATS JUST ME:madgrin:

Seems Like a Loan and maybe a consolidated

overdraft, mentions monthly payments

and overdraft limit.

Any Letters I Draft are N0T approved by CAG and no personal liability is accepted.

Hi Post, the wording does suggest, loan

and or overdraft, cannot be sure until

the OP tells all.

Thanks for the input.

To explain.

BOS got themselves in a real pickle with these accounts. They describe them as a bank account with an ongoing o/d facility, but they're not. They are registered as a credit card with cra's. It's a running credit agreement and therefore bound by the cca1974, but they try to tell you it's not.

The agreements on these are known to be 100% u/e and they have already lost / withdrawn from court with these.

Does that help?

hatesdebt

As far as dates are concerned - unless my maths is wrong - the DN is compliant.

You received it yesterday the 8th, so the 14 clear days start from today the 9th. They state before 24th, so you are given 15 days to comply.

Alan

Edited by alangee