style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5373 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• Replies 203
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Is it wrong to agree! I am certainly being civil. :) I am just disagreeing with reorete.

Is it wrong to agree? Err..... no?......yes? Depends what you are agreeing with and who is judging whether it is right or wrong.:D

Yes you are being civil. I didn't say you weren't.

Ah but are you disagreeing with reorete? I think you just believe reorete's comments are not relevant on this thread.:wink:

Edited by freakyleaky
Spelling.

I have to say that if it was just the sounds of giggling and the occasional party then I wouldn't mind at all, as I'm sure most people wouldn't. It's the constant screaming, shouting, extremely foul language (even used by the youngest children), the damage that is being done to my property i.e. house (bought) and car that is getting on my nerves!!!! The fact that you are always on your guard for what they are doing next, you have to be can be very frustrating. I think the only thing my 'bad' neighbours (the other side are very nice as is most of the rest of the street) would come round to offer would be drugs! As I said in my previous post maybe people who do not understand why we have an issue with these anti-social types of behaviour are people who are very lucky and not been the victim of it. From the sounds of your post Reorete it sounds like you have lovely neighbours, the kind that we all wish we had. You are very lucky indeed, and I hope you never have to face the problems that some of us have/are experiencing. I for one am geatefull for this thread, we have tried the police to name just one department we've contactd redarding our problems and nobody seems interested. It's nice to know that we are not alone in our struggle, but that said, it's also sad to see that cases like this are becoming more and more common. No pun intended :p

Mungy Pup

I want to live in a world where chickens are free to cross the road without their intentions being questioned. :razz:

i do feel sorry for your troubles mungy. and yes im lucky to have nice neighbours. your complains seem genine .have you asked about noise abatement? if you contact your housing officer they should arrange this for you.its there job to sort that kind of abuse out because your troubles sound quite severe.

ive lived at my present adress 10 years freaky and its been bliss so far. before i moved here i lived next door to 2 elderly ladies and it was hell im not joking when i say i had a visit from the police one night because my rabbit escaped from my hut and was in there garden and she complained my rabbit ruined her lawn... she never even knocked to ask me to retrieve him she just called the police.. i had my baby a month early due to stress. i was also caring for my child who was very poorly with cystic fibrosis and she even phoned the dissability place to inform them she had seen my son climbing a tree and i shouldnt have a dissability car . cystic fibrosis is a life threatening illness and my son was 5 at the time . it was sheer hell for me and i was glad to move as i was so harassed.so theres a flip side to that coin.since moving ive gone out of my way to be nice to my new neighbours because life is too short and theres bigger things going on in the world . but if people are making your life hell by playing music at all hours and damaging your property and cars etc well thats just so wrong and i feel sorry for all concerned

Wow, that does sound a bit over the top reorete (the reactions from your neighbours). I have lived here for nearly 12 years now and it was a lovely street when I moved in. Still is for the most part. There was a lovely couple living there for my first few years here that we got on very well with. I am about at freakylady's level, have been for about 2 years! I would love to move but it's just not an option at the mo. I work from home now too so I can't get away from it, that said at least I can keep an eye on the house and they don't tend to put graffiti on if we are in. I have to go to the states in a month to visit my parents, my mother has had a stroke so I'm going over to see them but my other half is staying here. I do worry about him going out to confront them and them getting violent and it's putting me off going away. To be honest if it wasn't for the stroke I wouldn't be going.

Edited by Mungypup
bad speller, lol

Mungy Pup

I want to live in a world where chickens are free to cross the road without their intentions being questioned. :razz:

The human alarm clock downstairs has woken me up again at 0630.

And I've just been serenaded by next door. One of her "friends" has just passed the house screaming something about her being a "F s" several times over, but he has now, thankfully, buggered off.

At this very moment, I am being treated to my usual morning symphony of coughing, wretching and puking from the mother downstairs.

I spoke to the council yesterday about moving to another authority's area, was advised that there is a national homeswap scheme and that I should go try it.

She didn't quite see the joke when I asked if people list whether or not they are deaf, blind and anosmic (no sense of smell), because unless they were, I wouldn't put my worst enemy in this house (with one or two exceptions).

I can just imagine the advert:

Wanted : small and cheap detached or semi detached with good noise insulation and a lawned rear garden [plus a drive for my car if/when I start my new job]. Will swap for semi masionette with following features:

1. Vibrates every time a bus goes past. Very good as a substitute massage

2. Never oversleep as you will be woken at 6 or 630 AM whether you like it or not.

3. Experience a mad party without any expense - just listen to next door.

4. Front garden that you can look at (but can't use)

5. Ability to wind up police dogs sniffing for marijuana. Just open your window of an evening / weekend and allow the smell of it to waft into your home and all over your clothes.

6. Miss conversation? You can experience it when neighbours downsatirs have friends round. Again, on a like it or not basis.

Any takers?

Edited by freakyleaky
swearing

Sorry Gyz... I get peed off when my Bus Driver neighbour slams his door and makes my house rattle at 5 in the morning or when my other neighbour leaves the toilet extractor fan on for hours on end droning and vibrating on my bedroom wall when I'm trying to sleep, or when any of the teenagers around my way come home in the early hours of the morning and have a loud conversation in the street over the top of their cars booming stereos before they slam the doors and screech off beeping their horns.

Fortunately, those incidents are not a regular occurrence so I do get respite in between but your situation sounds worse than the Chinese water torture.

Your circumstances would either send me to the loony bin or prison... as I said before, I'd rather camp out on the motorway than put up with what you do... In fact I just don't think I could.:(

I genuinely sympathize and hope you get out of there soon.

Spam.:)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

They say money talks......mine just keeps saying "Goodbye"

Another blissful weekend.

Saturday night involved calling out the investigator who this time heard the music. Alas, he cannot do anything about it so I was left with thumping all night, and I nearly lost it.

My flatmate had to restrain me and locked me in the house. I had a metal pole and a big brick ready to take to next store. It lead to a huge row but now OK. I know my behaviour was stupid and the worst thing I could have done, but that's how its affecting us.

Have also got a surveyor coming out on Friday to assess the property for noise insulation and general fitness to inhabit.

I'm praying for a condemnation.

They have. I was crying by the time the investigator came out.

The HA said that the neighbours were supposed to get a warning but didn't turn up. Nor did the HA keep me informed like they said they would.

It would not be that bad, but I have to put up with their noise of a night. Then during the day I've got to put up with the noise from downstairs all day. There's seems no end to it, but light is at the end of the tunnel.

It's just whether I can keep myself from being committed / imprisoned by the time I get to the end.

I'm a couple of steps closer to starting my job and getting my car, so I'm trying to keep focussed on that and being grateful for everyone's support on here and, of course, my flatmate who deserves a medal or ten.

I really feel for your pradicament, awfull, as I found myself close to getting into trouble as it felt like the only way out. But you must resist the overpowering urge to silence them.

Im shocked as to how slow or uninterested the authorities seem to be with your problem?

Can you not withdraw rent payments until something is done, Im just thinking out loud here and am guessing you cant, but surely there is something that can be done to get action?

I don't believe in tit for tat like that. I like following procedure, because when things go tits up as they inevitably do, I have recourse.

I am keeping my temper in check, I know I cannot and must not do anything that will get me in trouble. But it is difficult.

Yes, keep calm, I know its difficult, and I have a problem with my temper sometimes, i really have to take a deep breath and bite my tongue. But it can be done, and there will be an outcome to all this, and when there is you will be shown in a favourable light. They are taking rather a long time over things though aren't they? Fingers crossed it won't go on for much longer.

About 3 pm today heard more loud thumping music so called the HA (twice) who eventually sent someone down.

They said that the reason for the loud music is a party (as there are birthday streamers up) as though that was justification. They eventually went next door and told them to turn the music down. The music has been off since.

There are now about 4 or 5 males outside effing and blinding, "joke" fighting in the street and getting rat arsed.

And this is a kids party.

About 3 pm today heard more loud thumping music so called the HA (twice) who eventually sent someone down.

They said that the reason for the loud music is a party (as there are birthday streamers up) as though that was justification. They eventually went next door and told them to turn the music down. The music has been off since.

There are now about 4 or 5 males outside effing and blinding, "joke" fighting in the street and getting rat arsed.

My friend, the longer you have to endure this kind of nonsense - the sweeter your new life will be.

Fighting feeing band blinding and getting rat arsed at a kidz party.

Now that were i went wrong at the w/e the kids did not go home drunk.

Sorry gyzmo i thought we had a bad life with all the anti social behaviour we experiance but this is disgraceful. I am amazed they have not trying to accuse u of being a bully as the council did me when i complained about our neighbour. He was brought a pa system for his bedroom one christmas, 2006 TBH, and for over a yr spent from 4am to mid morning every w/e making noises down the mic ever time i complained i was accused of being a bully and discrimination agains a child with behaviour and other problems. Luckly after nearly 18 mths the council done summing about it and i have not heard a peep since.

OFT debt collection guidance

Please remember the only stupid question is the one you dont ask so dont worry about asking the stupid questions.

Essex girl in pc world looking 4 curtains 4 her pc,the assistant says u dont need curtains 4 a computer!!Essex girl says,''HELLOOO!! i,ve got WINDOWS!!'.