style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5373 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

You listen to a child scream non stop - and I mean non stop - for 6 hours a day and tell me then if I'm going over the top. I'm not exaggerating about the times or duration or misusing the word "screaming".

And cannabis, if you have not noticed, is an illegal substance. Just because everyone else does it.....

And yes I have asked them to turn the music down numerous times. And the bumming? Of course I told them no. I mentioned it as it shows what kind of people they are.

• Replies 203
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

they smoke pot.. hmmmm so do a lot of people it helps you relaxand is illegal.as long as shes doing it when her kids in bed whats the problem.Do you have kids? It doesn't matter one bit if they're in bed?? What happens if they are so 'relaxed' from smoking that they fall asleep with their lit joint and cause a fire? What if the child wakes up ill/in distress/scared and the parents are so 'relaxed' they don't bother going to them? Does them being in bed stop them inhaling second hand pot smoke? Would you say it's fine for someone to drink themselves into a stupor because their kids are in bed? How about shoot up - that shouldn't be a problem; the kids are asleep. It is an utterly ridiculous statement to make that it's fine as long as the kids are in bed! they play loud music... have you asked them to turn it down? if they refuse ask the housing to get involved and they will send noise abaitment team inHave you read this thread at all or just decided to jump in on one post and not read any background?. as for borrowing money an fags say no . problem solved and hardly a reason to call social servises . none of those things above mean that there child is neglected.No, but constant crying/screaming does not indicate a child that is happy and welli would only phone social services on somebody if i believed that there child was being beaten or starved or abusedAnd how would you tell that? Would the constant crying give you a clue? Even if it's nothing the parents are doing perse, it's still a massive warning light that something is wrong with the child. Babies should not and do not cry constantly every day unless there is something very wrong. ..your going way over the top here in my opinion

Helpful post there - I hope there's never a child in trouble near you as it clearly would not register as a problem.

Time flies like an arrow...

Fruit flies like a banana.

I think you are right Lexi.....OP has not fully read the thread.

A baby does not cry for nothing and if it is a happy baby. I would have reported this weeks ago. I bet the neigbours of baby P wished that they had done that !

It is intolerable and unnecessary in this day and age to have to put up with this kind of behaviour.

Go get em Gyzmo you deserve better than this

Gyzmo,

Can you tape the child crying? Any mother reading reorete's post would be horrified. Lexis has summed up all the dangers here. Social services MUST be involved and you should ring them every day. If anything happens to that baby they will be held responsible if they have ignored your concerns. I am surprised they are not alarmed at that thought. Call them and say if they don't take immediate action you will get on to the local/national press and if they don't do something then that is what you must do.

Also, report them to the police and tell them of your concerns for the child.

We've all seen how many people ignored baby P's situation. Let's not have a repeat here.

If you really don't want to do that send me a pm with all the details and I'll do it for you.

DD

On the reporting bit, I've told the council, social services and also the police (who said it's nothing to do with them).

I have tried recording it, but my dictaphone and mobile are not sensitive enough.

It has actually been quiet for the past 3 hours. Thought it might have died, but no other noise so they must have gone out, thank god. It's costing me a fortune in bus tickets getting out of the house (because I wouldn't walk around my neighbourhood for the life of me).

gyzmo.

phone childline NOW!

let them deal with it.

trust me......

0800 11 11

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Gyzmo,

I have just called the Daily Mail. If you call Steve Doughty on 020 7938 6000 and give him the details he'll phone the relevant social services department, and say they have been called about the situation. That's all he can do, but it should make them take notice if they think the press will be watching them.

DD

He has told me that they cannot do a story or be involved. He knows absolutely nothing about you and you can do it anonymously, but if social services get a call from a national newspaper I'm sure they will act because they'll know that if anything goes wrong and the child is hurt, the press, as opposed to an individual, has alerted them to the situation.

No baby cries non-stop for six hours unless there is something the matter. He is either ill, hungry because he's not being fed, or hurt and in pain. He cannot help himself, so social services must be forced to intervene.

DDxx

i think your all going way over the top with this. i have children and yes some children cry a lot for nothing. and yes lexis i have read all the posts on this and not just jumped in on one post. the posts here are for people to read and give help or an opinion and that was mine.there are children out there being beaten and starved and the social servises are there to help. not for cases like this though.the parents smoke pot play loud music and ask to borrow money.... hardly a good enough reason to report people to social servises..oh and i forgot the child cries a lot ...im glad im not your neighbour is all i can say as nearly all of my kids have cried a lot at some point

i think your all going way over the top with this. i have children and yes some children cry a lot for nothing. and yes lexis i have read all the posts on this and not just jumped in on one post. the posts here are for people to read and give help or an opinion and that was mine.there are children out there being beaten and starved and the social servises are there to help. not for cases like this though.the parents smoke pot play loud music and ask to borrow money.... hardly a good enough reason to report people to social servises..oh and i forgot the child cries a lot ...im glad im not your neighbour is all i can say as nearly all of my kids have cried a lot at some point

That's the point precisely - not all the time but 'at some point'

And no, on a one off basis it wouldn't be cause for concern, but the things noted above are not happening occasionally, as you can see from the posts.

I seriously can not believe that anyone would be happy for parents to be getting high with kids in the house - whether they are asleep or not (like it makes a difference). If you want to do stuff like that do it when the kids are being looked after by someone else. We all need to wind down in whatever way we choose, but most of us would have the nonce to do it when we know our children will not be affected by it. I'm perfectly happy to go and get trollied, but I do it when my children are being looked after by someone who will be able to see to them if they need it.

And if you really want me to get on my high horse, having been bought up in a family of 6 where 4 members chain smoked until my early teens, and knowing exactly what it feels like to have your eyes constantly hurt and your throat always feel like it's red raw, not to mention what it does to you internally, I think smoking around kids full stop is awful. Smoking pot round them just takes it to another level as it's doing all the same damage and then some. Playing loud music frequently is going to damage their hearing, and they wouldn't need to bum money or fags if they didn't spend it on drugs.

You appear to be the only person on here who thinks this is acceptable behaviour, so I too am damn pleased I'm not your neighbour.

Edited by lexis200

Time flies like an arrow...

Fruit flies like a banana.

I couldn't agree with you more, Lexis.

My daughter screams and yells and can really go into a strop. However, I don't get reported to Social Services because anyone in the street who talks to her can see what a happy little girl she is. She is clearly not being badly treated.

We are talking here about a young baby who cannot speak for him/herself. Children do cry a lot at some point as you say, reorete, but not on the regular basis Gyzmo is hearing. How do you know that this baby isn't being hurt or starved? If a baby isn't changed enough, it can be scarred for life by urine burns which are agonizing. I do know about this stuff.

Why are these parents borrowing money? Doubtless they'll be getting enough benefits to pay for the baby's needs, so they probably want the neighbours, like Gyzmo, to give them money for cigarettes or pot.

What if these appalling people get so drunk/drugged up they start a fire? They might survive it, but I wouldn't bet on the baby getting out alive.

Poor, poor baby.

DD

there is a crying baby helpline because some babies cry none stop.this is a fact.this thread started with smoking pot loud music and borrowing fags. its now escalated to child abuse urine burns and god knows what else .you people scare the hell out of me

Perhaps you could post the crying baby helpline number here and Gyzmo could pass it on to the parents.

Some babies cry nonstop because they are being hurt, starved or abused. We know this. We have all read about it in the press.

Forgive me, reorete, but you seem to be more concerned about the rights of the pot-smoking parents than the baby here. If social services find that the baby is in perfect health, then there is no more to be said, but they must investigate.

We also all know that many social workers will tend to avoid abusive people choosing to spend their time instead with people who can be easily bullied, and don't know their rights. We've seen ample evidence of that in the press too. Maybe that is why these social workers aren't showing up too much. Again, I am NOT making assumptions.

Reorete, aren't you at all concerned that this baby may be neglected, hurt, or in danger? You say you have children. Surely you must be worried about this baby?

no im not simply because i dont think theres a problem with a baby.i think theres a problem with loud music and bumming a few fags a little pot smoking that a vey lot of people do. and its escalated to making a mountain out of a molehill .start again from the very first thread and you will see all this for what it is. nothing but spite

no im not simply because i dont think theres a problem with a baby.i think theres a problem with loud music and bumming a few fags a little pot smoking that a vey lot of people do. and its escalated to making a mountain out of a molehill .start again from the very first thread and you will see all this for what it is. nothing but spite

I think you have to have experienced noisy neighbours to appreciate how it affects you. I used to get an aching gut feeling when the noise started years ago, it got that bad with only ten hours sleep in a full week, that my wife had to point out to me the time i would do if i stuck the knife in the neighbour responsible, believe me i was willing and able at the time, as i was really losing it and needed medication of my doctor because of it.

Even now years later after having no problems, the slightest thing canset you off, so i understand how he is feeling with all the other noises on top of it.

Unless your going to physically stop them, as the powers that be seem not interested, then you need to move now. You will only get into trouble if you do what seems the only way out for you at the moment, im impressed you have controled yourself this long with all the things that are going on. The baby crying is just another noise on top of the music, and the way the neighbours are ignorant to their effect on you shows me they wont change willingly in a hurry.

All my problems stopped years ago when a closer neighbour went out to ask these people to stop playing the music so loud and not to all sit in the street laughing and talking till all hours in the summer, sometimes one in the morning, but after a number of times of doing this had a heart attack and fell in the street banging his head, it was the head injury that killed him. Going on the stress and emotions i was feeling, im convinced the noisy **** were responsible for his death.

These ignorant and selfish people need stopping, but finding a way is the difficult part.

I feel for you and hope something is done soon.

Nothing but spite? You either dont understand the problems it causes, or you do this yourself to others, and are ignorant and selfish too.

I think you have to have experienced noisy neighbours to appreciate how it affects you. Absolutely. I used to get an aching gut feeling when the noise started years ago, it got that bad with only ten hours sleep in a full week, that my wife had to point out to me the time i would do if i stuck the knife in the neighbour responsible, believe me i was willing and able at the time, as i was really losing it and needed medication of my doctor because of it.

It starts of OK, then the slightest noise makes one uneasy, and then you need a good friend to understand how it goes. Which Gyz needs. The aching gut gets real tiresome. Glad you didn't go too far, and didn't end up in a worse situation.

Even now years later after having no problems, the slightest thing canset you off, so i understand how he is feeling with all the other noises on top of it.

Me too.

Unless your going to physically stop them, as the powers that be seem not interested, then you need to move now. I agree You will only get into trouble if you do what seems the only way out for you at the moment, im impressed you have controled yourself this long with all the things that are going on. The baby crying is just another noise on top of the music, and the way the neighbours are ignorant to their effect on you shows me they wont change willingly in a hurry. EXACTLY

All my problems stopped years ago when a closer neighbour went out to ask these people to stop playing the music so loud and not to all sit in the street laughing and talking till all hours in the summer, sometimes one in the morning, but after a number of times of doing this had a heart attack and fell in the street banging his head, it was the head injury that killed him. Going on the stress and emotions i was feeling, im convinced the noisy **** were responsible for his death. Oh my god.

These ignorant and selfish people need stopping, but finding a way is the difficult part.

I feel for you and hope something is done soon.

Nothing but spite? You either dont understand the problems it causes, or you do this yourself to others, and are ignorant and selfish too.

Well said.

I hope Gyz gets out of this situation and gets no more very unhelpful responses.