style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5373 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Put a complaint in to the Housing about, well, everything, including the attitude of a member of staff.

Alas, the staff member I complained about is the very person who responded, which I think is unfair, and he didn't even address any of the problems I raised.

• Replies 203
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Nice to see you around, Gyz! I'm not surprised.....

I called my HA a liar yesterday, since that is what she is. 1 stone lighter and on prescrition drugs all for her 'yes, it is a very quiet building' lies, made worse because she knew just how important quiet was to me.

I am getting out of this hell! With rent arrears is the only way. People will judge me for that, though they will have been paid 80% of it, and my health is more important than those crooks' lies.

Now you're working, I hope you get somewhere nicer -with decent people for neighbours rather than ****. :mad:

Put a complaint in to the Housing about, well, everything, including the attitude of a member of staff.

Alas, the staff member I complained about is the very person who responded, which I think is unfair, and he didn't even address any of the problems I raised.

Surely that's not right!!!???

I'd be complaining again about that, specifying it must be looked at by someone else!!!

Time flies like an arrow...

Fruit flies like a banana.

Get on to the Local Government Ombudsman my good man.

Local Government Ombudsman • Home (i think)

Well, this one's about the other neighbours, but might as well keep it here.

They started another party at about 1 am (30 minues after I went to bed) and finished at 430. Managed to get to sleep at about 5 am only to be woken up at 0730 by the little trampy bitch of a whore who lives there shouting obscenities in the street at one of her ex boyfriends.

I did call the police who did nothing except log it, and have sent a nice little email to Northward's chief exec.

I await he usual zero action by the deadline.

Hi Gyzmo,

I can't even assume the amount of frustration you must be feeling under these outrageous circumstances. It seems you would get more rest if you camped out on a motorway.

Will you be able to get better accomodation once you start your new job?

Have you actually complained to your local MP as well? If not, keep bending his/her ear about the council and the police's lack of action. Give them as much of a hard time as you're having.

Spam.:)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

They say money talks......mine just keeps saying "Goodbye"

There is apparently a relocation allowance with the job, so I will be looking into that.

Ahhhh - downstairs baby has just woken up. A bit late this morning - usually starts at about 7am.

Now I have 6 or 8 hours of constant screaming to look forward to.

Now I have 6 or 8 hours of constant screaming to look forward to.

If The baby screams for more than hour my instinct would be to call the police and hint at the possibility of abuse or neglect.. they would have to do something about it. Sod the social services they are a waste of space.

Seriously.. the police are your best option they would have to come round and check the child is ok, and if it's not they can remove him/her and put him/her into interim care for its own safety. You could be doing the kid a big favour!

Just a thought.

Spam.:)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I'd be inclined to agree with spam - a baby should not cry for that length of time , prolonged periods of constant crying would indicate distress and if the mother/father are not doing anything then someone else needs to.

I've already called social services and complained to housing about the noise.

There's also another post in the landlords forum about my garden which is linked to this problem.

So basically there isn't anything you haven't tried to rectify this. It's utterly ridiculous that this is not being acted on - really, what more can you do than tell the right authorities?

I just find it incredible that after all the furore lately about kids not being checked on by SS that they are still not doing anything.

With regards to the screaming child... An anonymous phone call to the police saying you suspect the child is being neglected or abused MUST be followed up by them, they cannot afford not to because if anything happened to that child they would be held responsible. The social services ARE a waste of space as far as that is concerned because everything they do is 'paperwork and appointments'. I personally have no time for them whatsoever... and I apologise to any social workers reading this if it offends but when a child has been abused and died recently it's always come down to their lack of interest/involvement and inability to organise decent care.

Take it from me... I speak from genuine experience and first hand knowledge of child abuse cases. If that child is in a constant state of distress it needs to be dealt with.

Regards. Spam.:)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

We had (and still have similar problem). Used to have great neighbours living next door, but they lost their business about 10 years ago and lost their house. House went up for auction and unfortunatley for us was bought by scummy landlord who doesn't care what scummy tennants live there or what they do. The first one who moved in was a mother with 2 young toddlers. All we could hear all the time was screaming and crying children constantly. Even through the night. One night the neighbour from the other side phoned the police as she was worried and had enough of the noise and when the police came thay ended up breaking in as nobody was in the house but the 2 screaming kids (which was suspected). They then had to hunt for the mother, who as it turns out had just left them and gone on the lash round town! She wasn't there much longer, but the one who moved in after her has been equally as bad. Again a baby making machine who doesn't care about the babies she makes. All have different Dads, there's so many different people she has living there with her it's insaine. Her kids do what they want, she doesn't care. She doesn't say anything to them and if you do you get a mouthfull. Have come home on many occasion to graffitti on our house and car, they break people's windows and jump on people's cars, are abusive when you are trying to leave or enter you house (on occasion). They chuck rubbish in people's yards (dirty nappies and allsorts) and all over the back street. No respest for people at all. Police don't seem interested in them at all. I do worry though as they have been there for a few years now and her eldest lad is getting to teenage years and I worry what his future will bring us if we are unable to move and escape them. Partner has already been swung at my one of his mates and with all this knife crime it makes you not want to go out and confront them to protect your property. it's so stressfull when they are mucking about outside and you can hear them, you can't relax in your own home as you are wondering if it's your property they are damaging. I do feel for you, it's a horrible position to be in, police and council should do more. Maybe sterilise them all. But that's just my opinion.:eek:

Mungy Pup

I want to live in a world where chickens are free to cross the road without their intentions being questioned. :razz:

Gysmo totally now what you are going through.

We used to live next to some one who came home from the pub and fell asleep with his stereo on!!

After reporting him to the Council and many conflicts later we sold up and moved next to a loveley quite pensioner!!

And if I ever win the lottery I am goint to buy my old house back, install the loudest music system money can buy, turn it up full wack, brick the windows and doors up and let the Ba**tard suffer:D

Well, after a huge row with the council about the neighbours (both of them), the garden and many other things, I finally have a senior manager agree to come to the property to talk things through.

When they are sitting in the house, they can witness the noise and problems first hand. I'll ask them if they would be happy living like this and try not to smack them when they give some lame excuse.

And I'm recording the conversation.

Interestingly, I also had a call from EH. They said that the noise (from downstairs) is not unreasonable in that it is general every day noise and agreed that it is more likely a problem with sound insulation. They said however that if the property was built according to the regulations in existence at the time, then it cannot be classed as being inadequate. However, I am sure the property has been converted since (that it was not originally a masionette) and that could mean that it is now inadequate. Something I'm trying to look into but I hate housing law.

Another near-sleepness night thanks to next door (not the new ones downstairs).

Woken up by arguing at about half past midnight and ended up calling the police out. The ex boyfriend has been kicked out (again) and was back demanding some belongings. The b***h who lives there with two thugs refused and set her two thugs on him who commenced beating the crap out of him.

I know I've already got a job offer, but last week when they had an all night party and I was up all night because of it, I had an interview for a decent-ish job the next day (it's a backup in case anything goes wrong with the one offered). I couldn't attend because I felt too unwell due to being up.

And the council moans about the garden.... Expect another email.

:grin::(

The new neighbours who have moved in, following the eviction of the ****** druggy who used to live below us, are seriously doing my head in.

They are a couple with a 1 year old kid.

And they smoke pot (the mother told me when I first met her).

And they play their music louder than the previous tenant did.

And they're already coming round to me to bum fags and money. I wouldn't mind if it was sugar or something you would expect to be short in supply of when moving in.

And they're shoving all their rubbish into the side garden path.

How / why do people live like that? Smoking drugs in the same house that your kid lives in?

Am I being unreasonable?

they smoke pot.. hmmmm so do a lot of people it helps you relax.as long as shes doing it when her kids in bed whats the problem. they play loud music... have you asked them to turn it down? if they refuse ask the housing to get involved and they will send noise abaitment team in. as for borrowing money an fags say no . problem solved and hardly a reason to call social servises . none of those things above mean that there child is neglected.i would only phone social services on somebody if i believed that there child was being beaten or starved or abused..your going way over the top here in my opinion