Shakespeare62 - v - a NastyBank

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4725 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Ok the attached directions were served on the Respondent at 10:24 hrs today by Special Delivery and also filed in Court.

Draft Directions ID REMOVED.doc

Please note that the right to reproduce any part of any post I make on this forum is restricted under copyright law and litigation privilege

Please see the following copyright statement

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

My nominated expert(ID removed)

I filed his CV in Court yesterday and on the Respondent this morning with Draft Directions.

Edited by shakespeare62
edited grammar

Please note that the right to reproduce any part of any post I make on this forum is restricted under copyright law and litigation privilege

The experts role is to act impartially and produce an independent report - I'll apply for permission on Monday to instruct him.

All comments welcomed..he should fit the bill..

Edited by shakespeare62

Hello S62!

I filed his CV in Court yesterday and on the Respondent this morning with Draft Directions.
That will do nicely!

I bet Arsemex will pay through their nose for an Expert of their own (no doubt USA based), mainly to try and duck the issue via a diametrically opposing Expert view in an effort to buy a stalemate on the document's authenticity.

Bring it on.

Cheers,

BRW

Hello S62!

That will do nicely!

I bet Arsemex will pay through their nose for an Expert of their own (no doubt USA based), mainly to try and duck the issue via a diametrically opposing Expert view in an effort to buy a stalemate on the document's authenticity.

Bring it on.

Cheers,

BRW

i seriously doubt they will produce an expert witness,firstly they must produce the guy who constructed this document under cross examination i dont think the bank will enter a courtroom knowing what they know brw

patrickq1

He sounds fab, S62. In a fight he's on my side. :D

With that CV I think you would have even more grounds for an appeal if the judge refuses permission, but I really don't think they will.

I know we are all rooting for you, so please try and do something nice this weekend and relax.

DDxxxxx

Hello Patrickq1!

i seriously doubt they will produce an expert witness,firstly they must produce the guy who constructed this document under cross examination i dont think the bank will enter a courtroom knowing what they know brw
I'm not disagreeing with you. Just suspect they could try the unexpected out of shear arrogance.

Another, probably more likely, possibility is they will bribe some minion to fess up to having made a huge error. The thing was indeed a re-creation, intended to portray what their Agreement would have looked like, had they not elected to destroy it.

The minion will no doubt say they misinformed their Global Securities Department, who in turn advised their slippery lawyers, in good faith, that the thing was original.

It was all a dreadful mistake, ever so sorry, it won't happen again, honest!

They are going to squirm and snarl, and whimper, then get snotty and say it would've looked like this anyway so, what's the problem.

I'm taking bets, winner donates to CAG!

Cheers,

BRW

So, BRW, if that scenario is correct, what do you think happens to S62, and to those of us who are (or will be) challenging our agreements because they are reconstructions?

And if they say it's never going to happen again, how can they ever do it again (at least not to caggers!!!).

DDxx

Hello Patrickq1!

I'm not disagreeing with you. Just suspect they could try the unexpected out of shear arrogance.

Another, probably more likely, possibility is they will bribe some minion to fess up to having made a huge error. The thing was indeed a re-creation, intended to portray what their Agreement would have looked like, had they not elected to destroy it.

The minion will no doubt say they misinformed their Global Securities Department, who in turn advised their slippery lawyers, in good faith, that the thing was original.

They are going to squirm and snarl, and whimper, then get snotty and say it would've looked like this anyway so, what's the problem.

Cheers,

BRW

Yep agree this'll be the more likely path they follow, would expect them to apologise to the court and try and introduce the manchester rulings and reconstructions allowable for enforcement.

S.

Yep agree this'll be the more likely path they follow, would expect them to apologise to the court and try and introduce the manchester rulings and reconstructions allowable for enforcement.

S.

I think that it has long gone past the point where an apology to the Court for such an 'error' would be an end to the matter.

If saying 'sorry' for committing perjury and/or attempting to pervert the course of justice is deemed acceptable by the Judge then it would be a very sad day for the our oft reverred legal system.

Hello Patrickq1!

Cheers,

BRW

my money is on a late withdrawal and generous settlement with a gagging order

Hello MM and DD...and the other DD!

I think that it has long gone past the point where an apology to the Court for such an 'error' would be an end to the matter.

If saying 'sorry' for committing perjury and/or attempting to pervert the course of justice is deemed acceptable by the Judge then it would be a very sad day for the our oft reverred legal system.

I could not agree more. The problem being, you need to allow for the unbelievable arrogance of the Claimant/Lawyers in this issue, and the strokes they will pull to get what they want.

IOW, don't ever underestimate the games they will play. I'm quite sure they are not yet out of ideas.

My bet is on a cringe making apology of such depth and desperation they may well be allowed to get away with it, however insincere it sounds.

This is also an option for them too...

my money is on a late withdrawal and generous settlement with a gagging order.
If so, S62 deserves every penny. Only shame will be they will get away with it but, money is money, and the bribe to S62 could be big enough to solve many other problems for him. IOW, despite the disappointment, nobody here must hold that against him.

Cheers,

BRW

My bet is on a cringe making apology of such depth and desperation they may well be allowed to get away with it, however insincere it sounds.

An honourable Judge would never accept such an apology as it would be seen for what it was.........

BUT

such an apology if accepted by the court would save 'NastyBank' many,many tens of thousands of pounds in the future and would condemn other claimants completely.

The other alternative,compensation and gagging order.....

Although money wouldn't do it for me as I need a clear conscience I can quite understand if that is the way this case ends and would not apportion any blame to S62 as he is the man who has stood up against them and not us.

i am one of those ,who once crossed my principles overtake logic,to accept monies i could nt i am very unforgiving its like tunnel vision and would only see them as every letter every threat that crossed my mind the sleepless nights and all the worry I WOULD WANT MY DAY IN COURT ,but i would not blame s62 one iota if he accepted appropiate funds as compensation ,otherwise the bag of silver could nt compensate the past worries and stress caused by what they see as simple little lies to us were a mountain

get off me soap box

patrickq1

They did that with Monty in Scotland, I think, and his thread was discontinued.

Personally, I would like to think that I would refuse any such offer on a point of principle, but I wouldn't. My life is absolute hell financially, and if they offered me a generous settlement I would take it.

Sorry, everyone, I'm just being honest. Would I lose my house on a point of principle? No. I think anyone who would do that would be an absolute saint and I would have nothing but total respect for them, but I couldn't do it.

However, I'm a bit confused about why it would necessarily stop others from challenging them in the same way if they tried it again. They are so arrogant I believe that even if they did apologize they wouldn't be able to resist trying it again. Not everyone is on CAG. They'd just probably stop proceedings immediately as soon as this forensic expert issue is raised, and say a mistake had been made.

The problem is that the very best thing would be publicity for what they have done and public shame. It would be nice if a judge could see that.

DD

Despite having had a brush with a deeply unpleasant character myself today - I was introduced to Broon on his visit to Camp Bastion - I imagine it is as nothing compared to the unsavoury combination of Amex/Pishcon.

I'd be inclined to quote Horatio Caine to Pishcon: "If I find out you did this, I'll get you!"

I'll report back after tomorrow's hearing, may not be till a few hours later - but it should be interesting.

(BTW good luck Scarlet Pimpernel - wondered where you'd got to !)

Edited by shakespeare62

Good luck for tomorrow - I'm sure it will be interesting whatever happens .....

If you find my advice helpful - please click on my scales

<<<<<< - they're over there!

Well, it's a funny black star now ...

The small print - any advice I give is freely given on the understanding that I am a layman and am not legally qualified in anyway.

All the best for tomorrow.

seconded:)

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

Hello S62!

Obviously, keep your wits about you, and be ready for some desperate new tricks in Court. Likewise, I can't imagine them not trying to dump something new and confusing on you either just outside the Courtroom, or handed to you just as you walk in. The latter designed to keep you busy reading it, while they go for broke on what ever verbal acrobatics they have dreamt up for the Hearing.

It will indeed be interesting. Best of luck, I hope the Judiciary do not play any silly games or exhibit any sudden and suspicious changes in direction since the last Hearing.

If you can, it may be a good idea to take any observant friends or family along with you, and ask them to make detailed observations and related notes while sitting in the background as informed spectators.

Cheers,

BRW