• Tweets

• The firm has benefited from the AI boom, making it the third-most valuable company in the US.View the full article
    • Former billionaire Hui Ka Yan has been fined and banned from the financial market for life.View the full article
    • In terms of "why didn't I make a claim" - well, that has to be understood in the context of the long-standing legal battle and all its permuations with the shark. In essence there was a repo and probable fire sale of the leasehold property - which would have led to me initiating the complaint/ claim v SPF in summer 19. But there was no quick sale. And battle commenced and it ain't done yet 5y later. A potential sale morphed into trying to do a debt deal and then into a full blown battle heading to trial - based on the shark deliberately racking up costs just so the ceo can keep the property for himself.  Along the way they have launched claims in 4 different counties -v- me - trying to get a backdoor B. (Haven't yet succeeded) Simultaneously I got dragged into a contentious forfeiture claim and then into a lease extension debacle - both of which lasted 3y. (I have an association with the freeholders and handled all that legal stuff too) I had some (friend paid for) legal support to begin with.  But mostly I have handled every thing alone.  The sheer weight of all the different cases has been pretty overwhelming. And tedious.  I'm battling an aggressive financial shark that has investors giving them 00s of millions. They've employed teams of expensive lawyers and barristers. And also got juniors doing the boring menial tasks. And, of course, in text book style they've delayed issues on purpose and then sent 000's of docs to read at the 11th hour. Which I not only boringly did read,  but also simultaneously filed for ease of reference later - which has come in very handy in speeding up collating legal bundles and being able to find evidence quickly.  It's also how I found out the damning stuff I could use -v- them.  Bottom line - I haven't really had a moment to breath for 5y. I've had to write a statement recently. And asked a clinic for advice. One of the volunteers asked how I got into this situation.  Which prompted me to say it all started when I got bad advice from a broker. Which kick-started me in to thinking I really should look into making some kind of formal complaint -v- the broker.  Which is where I am now.  Extenuating circumstances as to why I'm complaining so late.  But hopefully still in time ??  
    • At a key lecture in the City of London, the shadow chancellor will also vow to reform the Treasury.View the full article
    • Despite controversy China's Temu is becoming a global online shopping force.View the full article
  • Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 160 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf
  • Recommended Topics

bitesizedeals.co.uk - Refusing to cancel order!!!

SMJones
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5089 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Not realising that this was a sham UK site I ordered a Panasonic TZ7 digital camera. I received an acknowledgement of my order for a TZ7 and then received a week or so later a DCM ZS3. This is apparently the N.American equivalent of the TZ7. What has infuriated me is that Panasonic do not give a world wide warranty on the DCM ZS3 so if I have a problem I have to risk returning it to Bitesizedeals in Los Angeles who say they will pay for postage both ways !!!! Another problem is that if the camera needs any attention even after the warranty period then it will probably have to be sent to the States for the repair as I have been informed by Panasonic UK that the two cameras are not identical and certain parts of it are only obtainable from the States. This I find to be very unsatisfactory and have e-mailed Bitesizedeals twice so far asking for their instructions regarding returning the camera and obtaining a refund.

I think that acknowledging my order to the effect that I would receive the TZ7 is dishonest. This smacks of sharp practice and the company is just out to cream off some of the UK camera business knowing full well that they cannot supply what is asked for. This company should be barred from trading under the guise of a UK website.

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

My experience will be useful for someone. I was more "lucky" canceling the order before item availability and delivery. Although it was claimed on their website about 32 items available in stock.

Below is my story with the company.

=============================================

28.09.2009 I placed an order for Canon Digital IXUS 870 IS Camera which price was £188. I was sure that they are the UK based company.

28.09.2009 The order confirmation email was received.

29.09.2009 The money was withdrawn from my MasterCard: 29 Sep 09 28 Sep 09 ORDER FROM BITESIZEDE INTERNET 188.00

03.10.2009 I received a call from the company representative who told me about delivery delay and asked to wait one week more for the order delivery. I asked to cancel this order because I didn’t want to wait and he told me that he would cancel it.

Later that day I received cancelation email from them. The refund would take 5-7 days to process.

12.10.2009 I sent an email asking for the refund.

14.10.2009 I received an email from bitesizedeals.co.uk that the refund is in progress

23.10.2009 I again asked about the refund

26.10.2009 I repeated my query

27.10.2009 I received email with information about the refund delays

27.10.2009 I sent email asking when I could expect my money back.

02.11.2009 I received apologies for the great delay with refund

=============================================

I asked my bank if this transaction is fraudulent based on information about this company. They asked my to send

"... all documentation and correspondence relating to the transaction to our Customer Transaction team whose address is mentioned below, along with a covering letter. If you cannot supply with these documents please provide the reason

The letter must include the following:

Merchants name and the nature of the goods.

The date and address to which they were due to be delivered.

Copy invoice and voucher if any.

The amount.

Confirmation that you tried to contact the merchant to resolve

It will take 7-10 working days to receive an initial communication from the

Transaction Enquiries team. However, the full investigation may take longer"

I made copies of correspondence and coveing letter and sent it to the Customer Transaction team.

There is no any information from bank so far.

Thanks,

doctofor

• 4 weeks later...
My experience will be useful for someone...

I received money back from my bank in 4 days after completing forms sent by bank.

They also wrote a letter saying that they get this money back when bitesizedeals makes refund to me.

After 1 day I received one more email from bitesizedeals about the order cancellation and after 2 days received refund from them as well. So had refund twice. : )

Thanks,

doctofor

Hi there,

I have been reading through all of your bad experiences with this company, as on Tuesday 1st December I looked on the internet for an Olympus 9000 and had a link from Amazon for Bite Size Deals... It took me straight to the camera which I wanted - £149.00, which was £100 cheaper than all the other reputable companies, so stupidly I put in my card details etc, and the camera was ordered. I paid extra for the camera to be delivered with 1-2 working days (thinking that the company was based in the UK). I checked my emails and was suspicious that I hadn't received confirmation of my order. By Friday 4th December no camera and still no email, I decided to speak to my bank ( Barclays) who advised me to ring back on the 10th December and raise a dispute. They have reassured me that I will get my money back, when... I dont know. In the meantime though I have had 3 missed calls on my house phone from an internationally caller, which I am assuming is BSD... I have sent them an email asking for a full refund as they are in breach of their terms and conditions, as I paid extra for the item to be delivered with 1-2 working days.. Also, when I try and log into the webpage using my username and password, it says ' INVALID', god knows whats going on. I cant even track my item.. Great!! I will keep sending them emails everyday until I get a response. Hopefully I will have a good outcome like some of you have had by receiving the camera, which is fine, thats all I want. Fimgers crossed, I will keep you posted..icon7.gif

Hi all

I'm new on here, and like others, I only 'stumbled upon' this site when I realised that I had purchased unwittingly from a USA based site! I placed my order on the 5th Dec and got a phone call from BitesizeDeals today (6th Dec) checking my postal address. As the guy had an American accent I looked on the site to find out where they were based. I only found out that they were based in the USA by digging into their FAQ (I know, I should have done that first, but hindsight is a wonderful thing)

I e-mailed their support first to verify where the goods were being despatched from. Got a 'automated' response. Went to try to cancel my order, said I couldn't do it at this stage and to send an e-mail to their support team. I have done this and have received another 'automated' response.

I am going to try to ring my credit card company about this on Monday (it's now Sat, so they don't work weekends) and see if I can get this transaction stopped by them. I doubt it as they have been very unhelpful in the past - unless I bow to their 'rip-off' credit card insurance - this used to be provided free of charge.

I will keep you posted. I am so disappointed as this was to be a Christmas Present!

Hazel

I also received a camera from BSD weeks later than expected and it was the US version - so asked for a refund and was told yes (in the end!), so sent it back to the address listed on the website - the package couldnt be delivered as the address was 'incorrect'. Did ask my bank for my money back through section 75 months ago and they said i should carry on persisting with BSD (well of course they would!), have got to try again now...wish me luck.

Quick update..

Yesterday I received a telephone call from someone at Bite Size Deals, they were american.. they wanted me to confirm my address, delivery address, the colour of the camera!! my email address and also wanted the last four digits of my card with which I purchased the camera. I confirmed all my details but when it came to giving them the card details I asked them why they needed this when the money left my account within 24 hrs of purchasing the camera!! She made some story up that they needed to verify who I was!! I dont think so. Anyway because I wouldn't give her my details she said that they couldn't proceed with the order and would refund me within 5-7 business days.. Im not holding me breath! Anyway, I will keep you posted.

Thanks

p.s By the way Chocolate Maniac, that was very interesting reading.. Can't beleive they are still taking peoples money!!:x

i bought a nintendo dsi from this company, placed the order on the 1st december...order arrived on 4th december, from america...no problems..ho hassles, even spoke to customer services and they confirmed my order.

I was sent a tracking number to track its process, paid by debit card not credit card, didnt pay any extra shipping charges was free postage, even got an extra fiver off with a discount code!!

Edited by FLORENCE77

***UPDATE TO MY POST BELOW***

I rang my credit card company to try to stop the payment to BSD the day after I placed the order (this was because I tried to cancel the deal on their website and it didn't let me)

The credit card company said that they couldn't cancel the payment and that I should persevere with trying to cancel and to check their 'refund' policy. I checked and it said that I could cancel as long as the goods were not marked as 'shipped', I checked and it wasn't. I took a screengrab to prove that I tried to cancel BEFORE it was dispatched, but it was like trying to stop a runaway train! I got an e-mail asking me if I still wanted to go ahead with the cancellation. I said yes! And today (2 days later) I got an e-mail saying it has been shipped!!

I am now at my wits end because

a) I'm going to be away when it arrives (I originally thought it was coming from UK)

b) I am now going to be charged VAT and import duty, which will make the camera about £100 dearer than I could have bought it from a GENUINE UK site

c) If I return it I am unlikely to get a refund of the duty and VAT

I'm not happy with my credit card company either!

Hazel

Hi all

I'm new on here, and like others, I only 'stumbled upon' this site when I realised that I had purchased unwittingly from a USA based site! I placed my order on the 5th Dec and got a phone call from BitesizeDeals today (6th Dec) checking my postal address. As the guy had an American accent I looked on the site to find out where they were based. I only found out that they were based in the USA by digging into their FAQ (I know, I should have done that first, but hindsight is a wonderful thing)

I e-mailed their support first to verify where the goods were being despatched from. Got a 'automated' response. Went to try to cancel my order, said I couldn't do it at this stage and to send an e-mail to their support team. I have done this and have received another 'automated' response.

I am going to try to ring my credit card company about this on Monday (it's now Sat, so they don't work weekends) and see if I can get this transaction stopped by them. I doubt it as they have been very unhelpful in the past - unless I bow to their 'rip-off' credit card insurance - this used to be provided free of charge.

I will keep you posted. I am so disappointed as this was to be a Christmas Present!

Hazel

and will then be cancelling order (If I can!) and starting proceedings with my bank (barclays) to recooperate the funds they have taken. Have tried to cancel the order online, but get a message telling me it can't be done during the "holiday period" - what holiday period!!!!!

:mad:

Good luck with that! See my post . . . it's like trying to stop a runaway train! :-x

Hazel

Surely you can definitely get a refund from your bank if you did as BSD instructed and they still shipped the goods? Of course the bank will try and get out of it but persist and act fast as I think there is 120 day limit on claims. :)

I did ring them again and they said that I would have to hope that "the company didn't actually send the goods out and that way, I could put in a claim for not receiving it."

I pointed out that, 'not receiving it' wasn't my worry. My worry was that I will not be here to receive it (I thought that it was coming from the UK and so I would be here) also, that I will have to pay duty and VAT, which means that the camera would cost about £100 more than what I could have purchased it for in the UK.

The credit card company wasn't very helpful at all (of course) and so I said that if this did happen, after I had tried to get them to cancel the transaction and I have kept all proof - that I would cut up my credit card and return it to them, so they could shove it.

Credit cards were originally advertised as the 'safest way to buy' and that if you were duped, you could get your money back. Now all they keep saying is that their hands are tied, through law. So they are powerless!

Shifty bar stewards!!!! I thought that you could get a refund if the goods were not as expected...that means you were not made clearly aware they were from USA therefore, the warrantee will be invalid in the UK and you will poss be charged for duty (though this is not likely).

Even if you DO receive the goods you will not receive what you thought you were ordering as there wont be a valid warrantee so you need a refund anyway!

Speak to them again, if they dont say yes, ask to speak to their manager, and their manager and their manager etc. I have been asked to write down all my details and send them in so they can take a look at all the details... I too am expecting a battle...and I wont lose!

Hi,

I also purchased a camera from bitesizedeals it was advertized as a british model but i received an American model with no British warranty, it arrived within 10 days but its got a two pin plug instead of the british three pin.

I have e-mailed them for a refund.

I have done some research into this company and it seems you are not the only person to have been deceived give this guy an e-mail tell him your situation he has been looking into their tradeing methods seems he knows quite a bit about them.

Good luck.

James A Prunty

Federal Trade Commission

Bureau of Consumer Protection

Division of Advertising Practices

601 New Jersey Avenue, N.W., Room 3212

Washington, DC 20001

DDN 202-326-2438

Fax 202-326-3259

Email: [email protected]

Hi,

Everybody who has a problem with bitesizedeals please e-mail this man tell him your problems he knows they are passing off as a british company this is deception its against the law.

James A Prunty

Federal Trade Commission

Washington, DC 20001

DDN 202-326-2438

Fax 202-326-3259

Hi,

I also purchased a camera from bitesizedeals it was advertized as a british model but i received an American model with no British warranty, it arrived within 10 days but its got a two pin plug instead of the british three pin.

I have e-mailed them for a refund.

I have done some research into this company and it seems you are not the only person to have been deceived give this guy an e-mail tell him your situation he has been looking into their tradeing methods seems he knows quite a bit about them.

Good luck.

James A Prunty

Federal Trade Commission

Washington, DC 20001

DDN 202-326-2438

Fax 202-326-3259

Thanks for that. My camera arrived a couple of days ago too - after I had received an e-mail from them asking me to confirm that I'd still like to cancel - I confirmed that I did, and lo, it arrived two days later!

As you say, it wasn't a UK model. My credit card company refuses to do anything about it, as they now say that I received what I paid for . . . useless!! I feel like cutting up my cards and returning the pieces to them.

The camera seems fine, but I don't want to have to send it back to the USA if anything goes wrong!

I wll send this guy an e-mail and send him copies of all my correspondence with this company!

Thanks again!

Hazel

• 1 month later...
BSD's decision to threaten MSE is one it'll likely live to regret, seeing as how the mass of documented evidence developed on the MSE thread was impressive. (But then, why else would BSD seek to get the thread shut down?)

In the temporary absence of the MSE thread, it's possible that other prospective or actual BSD customers might alight on this thread, and this forum -- good news for all concerned.

However. . . I'm a little concerned over an earlier post here which states that the guiding light behind BSD is also responsible for the Chicago-based King of Software.

My name is Tim Baldwin I am the Sales Director with King Of Software, I am writing as one of our customers told us about this review. I wanted to let all consumers, know this statement is false and these remarks are false and slanderous and untruthful about our company. If you have any questions you may contact us anytime at Via E-mail [email protected] or Phone us at 020 3239 4817 Our company has nothing to do with this company Bite Size Deals or any other company's listed in any of these reviews. Customers are our #1 value, mostly because we're customers ourselves. We know what it's like to shop online and think... "Who am I ordering from? Visit our web-site anytime (Edit).

Nothing in the FAQ / About Us / Terms & Conditions of the KoS website indicate to me any similarity with any operation run by Jaivin Karnani.

It would be helpful if posters to this forum would be kind enough to validate any allegations made rather than simply reeling off lists of websites.

The absence of such validation not only calls into question the accuracy of the posts, it also has the potential to damage the reputation of a perfectly honest online enterprise -- and to place at risk a forum such as this.

My name is Tim Baldwin I am the Sales Director with King Of Software, I am writing as one of our customers told us about this review. I wanted to let all consumers, know this statement is false and these remarks are false and slanderous and untruthful about our company. If you have any questions you may contact us anytime at Via E-mail [email protected] or Phone us at 020 3239 4817 [/b] Our company has nothing to do with this company Bite Size Deals or any other company's listed in any of these reviews. Customers are our #1 value, mostly because we're customers ourselves. We know what it's like to shop online and think... "Who am I ordering from? Visit our web-site anytime at www.kingofsoftware.co.uk.

Edited by ukaviator
Commercial link removed, against site rules

• 3 weeks later...

I initially purchased a Panasonic TZ7 from BSD, but on finding reviews, cancelled the order within 30 minutes. This was on 28 December 2009.

To date, I have not had a refund. Numerous emails from BSD, saying they will "prioritize" my refund etc, but nothing so far. This was the last place I used my credit card, now Barclaycard have also informed me that there has been fraudulent expenses on my credit card - draw your own conclusions from this.

Let us use the power of the internet and inform as many people as possible - via Facebook & Twitter

BSD are nothing but low life thieves.

ANS

Hi all. I have been 'done' by these rip-off merchants too. I bought a camera just before xmas 09. Then I saw some posts about the company on other forums and became suspicious. I decided to cancel. They sent confirmation and said it could take up to 30 days. ((It didnt take them 30 days to snatch my money) £160))!

After 30 days, i e-mailed and just got back the stock e-mail sent to me in the first place. I sent all this info to MSE and told them I would be willing to stand in evidence if need be.

During all this, I had contacted my credit card co and informed them of the situation and asked them to monitor it and I put in a claim.

Then, yesterday. I got a call from their fraud dept. Apparently someone had 'compromised' my credit card. £600 in 2 seperated transactions (from different locations in the world!!) were done using my details.

I stopped the card, of course. The credit card co know what the score is and are sending me 'more' claims forms.

The good news from all this was I was told i had been refunded (from or by who, I never saked?) my £160 from the camrea deal.

I wonder how, considering I have not used my CC since, this person(s) got my details?

I am hoping my CC Co is on there case. I am considering writing to my MP about it.

Anyone else who has been fleeced by BSD should think about doing the same!

Hi Red Dog,

Write to James A Prunty (email & address above). It would appear that the accounts processor for BSD has frozen its accounts. Although it is strange that they are still taking money!

Write to your MP, I was also thinking of writing to BBC Watchdog, and VISA/Mastercard etc - to stop their cards being used on this website.

ANS

Well I`m back lol, see posts starting #23 I received this email a few days ago from BSD

Dear Mr xxxxxxxx,

I am working with the asset recovery department for bitesizedeals, and I see that you have filed and won a chargeback with your credit card company from us. Following the agreement we now need the merchandise back. If you have already sent the product back to us, please provide the name of the courier and the return tracking number that was used. If this is not the case, please send the item back to our warehouse at the following address:

645 W. 9th Street

Los Angeles, CA 90015

U.S.A

For reference, below shows the summary of your order with us:

Product SKU Quantity Unit Price Price Panasonic DMC-FZ28K 10MP Digital Camera with 18x Wide Angle MEGA Optical Image Stabilized Zoom (Black) FZ28K

1 £218.00 £218.00

Order Time: May 29 2009 15:00

Shipper: 9343646771 (DHL)

Shipping Option: standard Subtotal: £218.00 Tax: £0.00 Shipping: £0.00 Coupon: £0.00 Discount: £0.00 Total: £218.00

We await your reply about your intentions on this matter. I'm afraid we will have no choice but to file a claim with your local police if no action has been done about the return of the item.

Thank you for your cooperation.

Regards,

David

After checking my records I see that I was repaid but I hadn`t noticed at the time because I didn`t use online banking.

Now I`m willing to pay for the thing again if I have to but I don`t want to give them my details again after the last time.

Any ideas on what to do ?

Any ideas on what to do ?

I'm confused - if you received the item why have you filed a chargeback claim with your credit card company?

Anyway, this is quite simple - you either need to pay for the goods or return them, to do otherwise is theft.

Opinions given herein are made informally by myself as a lay-person in good faith based on personal experience. For legal advice you must always consult a registered and insured lawyer.