why you shouldnt use section 77/78 CCA 1974 if you want the signed agreement

pt2537
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4888 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Sorry guys.. cant say too much, currently thinking about my response.

S.

Response to the court, I hope

Not the drivel above

Hi Guys!

sorry I'm not getting any responses on the other forum?

Anyhow, I sent the following Part 36.16 Request to Robinson Way/their pimp solicitor; Horwich Farrelly (in the broom cupboard) and all they sent me back was an old CapOne application form circa 2001, which was sent 18 months ago (unenforceable) nothing else?

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/show-post/post-2278621.html

Suggestions please, on how I make them disclose.

Thanks

AC

Oh, it is back in limbo then?

The docs are needed in order to issue a claim; Horwich Farrelly solicitors have been told that!

ARGHHH, they really don't want to disclose the docs...

Trying to pin them down.

AC

Right, ok then today I received notice from Lovells who are now acting on behalf of Barclaycard, they want to adjourn the hearing next week and want to increase the time to 2 hours!!!

I've already booked off the time and cant get my holiday back so I shall emailing them tomorrow asking for compensation of holiday time in return for agreement... after all their clients have only had 40 odd days to get this sorted prior to today :-(

Was spitting feathers this morning.

S.

hello

i'm new to all this but did see a post that said the only stupid question is one that isnt asked so here goes

there are agreements and executed agreements

the only difference i can see is that an executed one is one signed by us and them.

the act says that when i ask they must send me a true copy of the executed agreement, vis a vi the one signed by us and them, if they dont they break the law.

has this not been tested anywhere..........

hello

i'm new to all this but did see a post that said the only stupid question is one that isnt asked so here goes

there are agreements and executed agreements

the only difference i can see is that an executed one is one signed by us and them.

the act says that when i ask they must send me a true copy of the executed agreement, vis a vi the one signed by us and them, if they dont they break the law.

has this not been tested anywhere..........

The creditors signature can be simply a rubber stamp job, anywhere on the agreement document.

Also it is well established a 'true' copy does not have to show your signature.

I certainly wouldn't like be the one to test that in court because as sure as eggs are Eggs (pun intended .. sorry!!) the creditor would arrive in court with a freshly stamped up agreement !!

Also if they don't produce an agreement they are in default but it is no longer an offence (that bit was repealed in 2006).

The creditors signature can be simply a rubber stamp job, anywhere on the agreement document.

Also it is well established a 'true' copy does not have to show your signature.

I certainly wouldn't like be the one to test that in court because as sure as eggs are Eggs (pun intended .. sorry!!) the creditor would arrive in court with a freshly stamped up agreement !!

Also if they don't produce an agreement they are in default but it is no longer an offence (that bit was repealed in 2006).

the regulations say that a "True" copy of the agreement is not a photocopy of the original agreement but can be a reconstruction of it

the regulations also state that the signatures signature boxes and personal information may be omitted

hence the unsatisfactory nature of the beast

Am I going to have to separate you two?

Any more dreadful puns like that and you're both going for a time out:D

An official censure!!!!!!!!

Woo hoo

My first one :lol:

Right, ok then today I received notice from Lovells who are now acting on behalf of Barclaycard, they want to adjourn the hearing next week and want to increase the time to 2 hours!!!

I've already booked off the time and cant get my holiday back so I shall emailing them tomorrow asking for compensation of holiday time in return for agreement... after all their clients have only had 40 odd days to get this sorted prior to today :-(

Was spitting feathers this morning.

S.

Why do they want to adjourn the hearing? WTF are the hoping to prove? Don't you think the judge will look upon this unfavourably and deny them the adjournment?

Why do they want to adjourn the hearing? WTF are the hoping to prove? Don't you think the judge will look upon this unfavourably and deny them the adjournment?

They say they have obtained counsel that the hearing needs to be longer.

Who knows, I've been reasonable.. I've told them if they compensate me for my lost holiday day I'll agree to the re-arrangement, however I've asked for more information re: the expansion of the hearing time.

guessing they'll try and contest the usage of CPR 31.16 in a small claims value case.

S.

They say they have obtained counsel that the hearing needs to be longer.

Who knows, I've been reasonable.. I've told them if they compensate me for my lost holiday day I'll agree to the re-arrangement, however I've asked for more information re: the expansion of the hearing time.

guessing they'll try and contest the usage of CPR 31.16 in a small claims value case.

S.

The problem tho' is that if you don't agree they'll turn up at court explain that the hearing is likely to last two hours and the DJ will adjourn anyway...

If I've helped feel free to add to my reputation.

I am not a Practising Lawyer. My comments are my opinion only. You should not rely upon those comments and should always take your own professional advice from a practising Solicitor or Barrister

Submitted my N244 to my local court.

Received my notice of hearing from my local county court.

Date is in mid November for my application for disclosure!!

Jesus thats 4 months away !!

Is it really this slow or is it just my local court ?

Anything I can do ?

Cheers

Fingers

The Story So Far...

Barclaycard - Fingers Vs Barclaycard

Egg - Egg Credit Card CCA Agreement - help

Halifax - Halifax Credit card CCA

IF - CCA received

Lloyds - Lloyds CCA

MBNA-CCA received, challening

Virgin - Virgin Card CCA May 2006 - Help Required

OH Barccard - 2 s78 letters, on 2nd cpr

:DSympathies fingers, but that's quite encouraging for the rest of us, may the queues get longer and longer......

Submitted my N244 to my local court.

Received my notice of hearing from my local county court.

Date is in mid November for my application for disclosure!!

Jesus thats 4 months away !!

Is it really this slow or is it just my local court ?

Anything I can do ?

Cheers

Fingers

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4888 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks