why you shouldnt use section 77/78 CCA 1974 if you want the signed agreement

pt2537
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4886 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Interesting.

I'll jump off this thread for now as I've hogged it long enough. Learned a few things, but would still like to know what the name is for an account that has been CCAd and in incorrectly set out document supplied.

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Interesting.

I'll jump off this thread for now as I've hogged it long enough. Learned a few things, but would still like to know what the name is for an account that has been CCAd and in incorrectly set out document supplied.

Not sure I understand the incorrectly set out document bit means... for a s78 response read the following:-

http://www.creditlaw.co.uk/Documents/true%20copies.pdf

If the creditor complies with this then its deemed a valid response to a s78 request.

If the document doesnt have the prescribed terms or not signed by yourself then its unenforceable in court, however as the truecopy may not contain the signature they can at a later date produce a signed agreement, Hence the whole point of this thread in trying to get sight of said document without using s77/s78.

S.

Edit: Forgot to say Enron found that PDF, so I've just copied the link

Not sure I understand the incorrectly set out document bit means... for a s78 response read the following:-

http://www.creditlaw.co.uk/Documents/true%20copies.pdf

If the creditor complies with this then its deemed a valid response to a s78 request.

If the document doesnt have the prescribed terms or not signed by yourself then its unenforceable in court, however as the truecopy may not contain the signature they can at a later date produce a signed agreement, Hence the whole point of this thread in trying to get sight of said document without using s77/s78.

S.

Edit: Forgot to say Enron found that PDF, so I've just copied the link

Short-speak for a copy of the signed agreement with prescribed terms on the same document.

As there is no other way to see these documents, I had to uses s77/78. The bank eventually complied, but not after much prevarication and attempting to pass off one account withe the details from another! The 77 accounts are enforceable, the 78s are not. I guess all I can do now is leave it at that and see what they do but, as Stubie says, I think the would have gone for me by now if the 78s were enforceable.

Many thanks for all your input.

Short-speak for a copy of the signed agreement with prescribed terms on the same document.

As there is no other way to see these documents, I had to uses s77/78. The bank eventually complied, but not after much prevarication and attempting to pass off one account withe the details from another! The 77 accounts are enforceable, the 78s are not. I guess all I can do now is leave it at that and see what they do but, as Stubie says, I think the would have gone for me by now if the 78s were enforceable.

Many thanks for all your input.

you can use 31.16 if you are considering starting an action against them and if they fail to respond then apply to the court

Hi, am following this thread with interest. After CCA requests for me and the OH 3 x Barclaycard ending in nothing I am now going down the CPR route.

Sent off CPR letter to all three and have recieved what I assume is a standard reply, they say they have fulfiled their obligation under S78 ( which I have never seen any form of agreement - even a blank one !)

They also say :-

'The CPR does not confer an automatic entitlement to documents before proceedings start. CPR 31.16 provides that a party may apply in certain limited circumstances, which do not apply here'

Do I just ignore and carry on as with the process ?

Thanks

Cosalt

Hi, am following this thread with interest. After CCA requests for me and the OH 3 x Barclaycard ending in nothing I am now going down the CPR route.

Sent off CPR letter to all three and have recieved what I assume is a standard reply, they say they have fulfiled their obligation under S78 ( which I have never seen any form of agreement - even a blank one !)

They also say :-

'The CPR does not confer an automatic entitlement to documents before proceedings start. CPR 31.16 provides that a party may apply in certain limited circumstances, which do not apply here'

Do I just ignore and carry on as with the process ?

Thanks

Cosalt

From what I've seen and heard, Barclaycard seem to be the worst of a very bad bunch when it comes to CCA/CPR.

I don't understand their intransigence! They know they are going to have to produce it at some point in time.

I think, in England, you can take them to court to force them to produce the correctly signed agreement? I'll let other forumites confirm that.

From what I've seen and heard, Barclaycard seem to be the worst of a very bad bunch when it comes to CCA/CPR.

I don't understand their intransigence! They know they are going to have to produce it at some point in time.

I think, in England, you can take them to court to force them to produce the correctly signed agreement? I'll let other forumites confirm that.

Yep, they dont like to send them out.

They think people will give up.

Yep, I'm in court next week with a CPR hearing :-D

S.

Yep, they dont like to send them out.

They think people will give up.

Yep, I'm in court next week with a CPR hearing :-D

S.

Not near Lancs is it ......can i come and lend support ???

Edited by Beck1968
keyboard

Beck

"There are two ways to conquer and enslave a nation. one is by the Sword. The other is by Debt."

Barclaycard PPI Refund £4300:whoo:

Barclaycard = Mexican Stand Off

TSB = Mexican Stand Off

Santander = :mad2: MungyPup is coming to get yahh :mad2:

Good Luck anyways ;)

Beck

"There are two ways to conquer and enslave a nation. one is by the Sword. The other is by Debt."

Barclaycard PPI Refund £4300:whoo:

Barclaycard = Mexican Stand Off

TSB = Mexican Stand Off

Santander = :mad2: MungyPup is coming to get yahh :mad2:

I am sure this may have been done-to-death in this thread already, but with over 1200 posts it's going to be a job to digest it all.

Is there any point in going down the 31.16 route if you have CCA'd a creditor and the forms they sent back indicate the application was made online and the signature is just a tick-box on a computer printout?

The REAL Axis of evil: Banks, Credit Card Companies & Credit Reference Agencies.

alpha i would say yes

OFT debt collection guidance

Please remember the only stupid question is the one you dont ask so dont worry about asking the stupid questions.

Essex girl in pc world looking 4 curtains 4 her pc,the assistant says u dont need curtains 4 a computer!!Essex girl says,''HELLOOO!! i,ve got WINDOWS!!'.

Hi TGM. Thanks for the reply.

If you have been keeping up with this thread, would you mind expanding on why you think it would be worthwhile please?

The REAL Axis of evil: Banks, Credit Card Companies & Credit Reference Agencies.

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4886 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks