Attention: the Rankines Panorama BBC1 20:30 10/11/2008

robcag
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5632 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Anyway were have 65 people on this thread suddenly appeared from? :eek:

The power of CAG! And it appears the server is even having problems keeping up with the furious!! ;)

Any knowledge I possess or advice I proffer is based solely on my experiences in the University of Life. Please make your own assessment of legality, risks & costs before taking any action.

• Replies 415
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I refuse to pay £140 a year to the BBC too.

No way am I paying for a diet of reality tv and one sided propoganda.

quote]

The BBC forget that they are the worlds worst for harassment when you have no TV and no licence, do they listen when told...........I think not:roll:

Capitalism is the legitimate racket

of the ruling class.

Al Capone

And another thing!

How come the only aparently real person was the lady dealing with Worst Credit?

Showing the Rankines on the balcony of their penthouse, a man with £800,000 assets who is too stupid to realise that he could sell a property to pay his debt, then bangs on about losing his 'home' and someone whos father can afford to pay twice the price of a sofa.

Is it just me or does this not relate to many real debtors worlds?

I notice the absence of any mention of the lenders greed, often lending to desperate people, money they knew that they would struggle to repay, and their recklessness in not using or keeping proper credit agreements.

As the saying goes 'you reap what you sow'

Still angry Pookey.

I'm in the DCA kicking business ..........and business is good!!!!

Anyway...that woman speaking on the phone to 1st crud needed a good telling off, she had a yes,no 3 bags full attitude towards them on the phone - i was screaming at her to tell them to get lost :mad:

She did the right thing.....very polite, calm, abiding..... it allowed 1st credit to show how they take advantage. End result.....3 recordings painting a more accurate cag picture of their true antics:-D:-D:-D

Why are these people? the Rankines still getting publicity. What a load of twaddle!! Had to laugh when I seen 1st cretins offices- looked kind of familiar where have I seen them- oh yes a fuzzybobble production:D This was a joke- Richard Kerr a bear!! (I'm a poet!!) to me he just made himself look a right to**er. OOH 16 guests, hope richard isn't amongst them, he may roar:eek: :rolleyes:

<<<If I have helped please tickle the scales;-)<<<

Have you started you own thread about your SD ? If so then you will receive advice & assistance in abundance from the CAG !

If not, im sure someone wud be kind enough to post the how to guide on here so that you can...

Please don't worry ! They are not worth it...

Thank you, did start my own thread, and I am feeling more confident, but until I get this SD set aside, I will not sleep easy. thanks again, the site is really excellent, with lots of help..... :):)

LilythePink

If you liked what I said, and if it helped in any way, please tip my scales..... thank you:)

Sorry Fuzzybobble, I forgot DO NOT SPEAK TO DCAs ON THE PHONE - unless you are familiar in the art of 'Fuzzybobbling' and have a recording device to hand.

Love your work!!!!

Pookey

I'm in the DCA kicking business ..........and business is good!!!!

Why are these people? the Rankines still getting publicity. What a load of twaddle!! Had to laugh when I seen 1st cretins offices- looked kind of familiar where have I seen them- oh yes a fuzzybobble production:D This was a joke- Richard Kerr a bear!! (I'm a poet!!) to me he just made himself look a right to**er. OOH 16 guests, hope richard isn't amongst them, he may roar:eek: :rolleyes:

I can assure you i am no Richard, i would rather eat ****e and die than be a monster like that!! But if i was, i wouldn't have been in CC today for repossession proceedings...which thankfully were suspended :)

After watching the program I'm sure that many people in debt are more worried than ever about what could happen to them . It brought back the helpless feeling I had before finding this site.Its a shame that the BBC didnt make good use of its airtime and actually helped people in debt . Not even a phone line to call at the end of the show for people in debt . what a wasted opportunity.

Err, Basil & Amanda did not come across as to well informed did they?

No wonder they LOST...

still the BBC gave them a nice big plug on prime time TV;

Good Grief and they are still trading;

I do hope that that viewers stayed tuned right to the end of the programme.

Very dissapointed with Jeremy Vine; BBC.

Clearly the researchers didn't do their job properly.

AC

Thank you, did start my own thread, and I am feeling more confident, but until I get this SD set aside, I will not sleep easy. thanks again, the site is really excellent, with lots of help..... :):)

have a read of these threads, all successful in setting aside their SD's... hopefully that will give you a little more reassurance... Ive been where you are and it makes me angry :evil: that this programme has just possibly put the fear of god into many more people.... You are surrounded by people on CAG with lots of knowlege and experience. you will be supported.....

CCA 1st Credit / Connaught **SET ASIDE WITH COSTS**

OMG Connaught/First credit SD**WON-Setaside plus costs**

Off to court within the week for a set aside on SD - **WON** PLUS COSTS AWARDED

Hearing to have SD set aside**Set Aside**

Me v 1st Credit (Stat Demand)

I saw it and I too was thinking to myself how the lady dealing with Worst Credit should have told them to go stuff themselves.

I wonder if she had to tell them they were being recorded, subject to a making or a TV documentery and that it may be used and they still behaved like total idiots on the other end. Lieing they had not reveived something that had been sent via e-mail and then saying that alone was not enough, even though before it was agreed that it would be.

I can't help but wonder if this is the reason they've gone all quiet on me?

Write to the OFT - as well as any other statutory/regulatory body you are advised to contact. As well as listen to the advice here.

Address your letter FAO Enquiries at:

Office of Fair Trading

Fleetbank House | 2-6 Salisbury Square | London EC4Y 8JX.

Remember to send only copies of any documents you have and keep the originals. They will write asking for your permission to disclose your complaint (and identity) to the trader - whichever DCA it is.

This has been said before, but it's worth repeating.

We will not be intimidated.

'The pen is mightier than the sword'.

Petition to Outlaw Debt Sale and Purchase

- can't read/post much as eye strain's v.bad.

VIVA CAG!!! :)

Furthermore, it is blatantly obvious that members were not happy about the Panorama programme tonight;

COMPLAIN TO THE BBC!!!

AC

Make a complaint

Phone: 03700 100 222*

Textphone: 03700 100 212*

Email: Send your complaint

Cymru: Cwyno

Write: BBC Complaints,

PO Box 1922

Glasgow

G2 3WT

*UK-wide rate charged at no more than 01/02 geographic numbers; calls may be recorded for training.

I'm drafting a letter of complaint as we speak.

JOgs

have a read of these threads, all successful in setting aside their SD's... hopefully that will give you a little more reassurance... Ive been where you are and it makes me angry :evil: that this programme has just possibly put the fear of god into many more people.... You are surrounded by people on CAG with lots of knowlege and experience. you will be supported.....

thanks will read them, I think a lot of people will be worrying again. :)

LilythePink

If you liked what I said, and if it helped in any way, please tip my scales..... thank you:)