HBOS and OH's card debt

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4093 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

hiya milly

hiya again as my previous post here you can see what ive been up to,,lol

gosh i remember now your pups,,,arghhhhhhhh

i will take a look for that code too whilst going through my sars yet again

catch up laters angel x

Im happy to help with support and my own thoughts, but if I offer any thoughts to your problems please take it as from my life experience only and not of any legal standing. Always take further advice from the legal experts in your final action.:)

my new motto is,,,",Taking back control of your life and home - such peace is priceless"

This is all due to truecall device , have a serious peek at this you will be thankful like I am x laters angel :D

• Replies 710
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

on a seperate note, i have the co-op cashminder account, it works for me as i can shop where i want and i know exactly what i have with the online service, also has telephone which i dont use that much - i find this is fab for me too

Nope, Co-op are my pet hate - actually over and above every other creditor, even the really skanky ones:D

They were my smallest debt by a long shot, but wanted the largest payment (nearly 10x what I offered!), and when they got it they carried on adding interest!!! Barstewards. At least the others are open in their crappiness, co-op hide behind the whole 'ethical banking' bit. Ethical bank my bottom.

Anyhoo, rant over - glad you're back on the radar:)

With still getting statements, I have to say OH still is as well on this account. The really weird thing is though that they keep showing credits to the account...he hasn't paid since July'ish last year!

We have no idea what's going on there - I must remember to put that in the letter (which I still haven't sent:oops:)

It is strange when they don't hassle you isn't it? You forget about it for ages and suddenly just think 'I haven't heard from x for a while'.

What are they up to?...

Time flies like an arrow...

Fruit flies like a banana.

Nope, Co-op are my pet hate - actually over and above every other creditor, even the really skanky ones:D

It is strange when they don't hassle you isn't it? You forget about it for ages and suddenly just think 'I haven't heard from x for a while'.

What are they up to?...

They are by far and away the worse IMHO.

Yes, you worry if they do and worry if they dont.. :D

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

Anyhoo, rant over - glad you're back on the radar:)

With still getting statements, I have to say OH still is as well on this account. The really weird thing is though that they keep showing credits to the account...he hasn't paid since July'ish last year!

We have no idea what's going on there - I must remember to put that in the letter (which I still haven't sent:oops:)

What are they up to?...

hiya quickly back,,,,,,oops to tell you the truth the co op was the only one id not got any probs with guess why i went there, but as its only a basic account no overdraft, and just the simple debit card its fine for me, i can't get into any trouble there lol

but of course understand what you are saying,,,,, re their ethics,,,

ohhhhhhhhhhhhh how very eerie just opened my post remember the halifax card and letters i wrote oh got back a reply must update you later,,,

but the halifax statement now shows a credit and no overlimit charges of 12.00 but still says i owe them lots in the minimum payment and have added only interest.....what is going on?????? me too not paid them anything since middle of last year,,,,,,,,

anyway laters gal.... off to tidy up my paperwork and will be back later

angel x

Im happy to help with support and my own thoughts, but if I offer any thoughts to your problems please take it as from my life experience only and not of any legal standing. Always take further advice from the legal experts in your final action.:)

my new motto is,,,",Taking back control of your life and home - such peace is priceless"

This is all due to truecall device , have a serious peek at this you will be thankful like I am x laters angel :D

What are they doing then??

AFAIK all our accounts have been terminated by them anyway, so why the hell are they sending statements, and more than that why are they concocting fictitious payment info?

curiouser and curiouser said Alice...

BOS did the same wiv me remember, sent out a 10 November statement (alterd by the way) i think in january, its on my thread, loads of weird things:rolleyes: Said the agreemnent wasnt ended and then a few days later a letter from Blair Witch demanding the full balnce , oh and then another statement....

Milly X

CAPITAL ONE (O/H!): Won £1864.63 including contractual :D

GE MONEY: WON £266.00

the plot thickens as regards to the DEFAULT NOTICE reference given L9211, as being the DN............. it does not match this one here on these different threads, both have a reference being L9220:

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/show-post/post-2176963.html

and the Default Letter reference code matches this one too!!!!

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/show-post/post-1736431.html

I would of thought that the reference codes used by HBOS computer would be universal as it seems above So need your help peeps....what does your reference say???

As I said this probably explains why it did not say SENT TO CORRESPONDENCE ADDRESS on my S.A.R. I am believing that this has been manually entered on the collections log as if the computer automatically produced one ( of which I have my doubts as I had only missed 1 payment by the 18 August) it would of matched under deatils of any other automatically produced letter.

so peeps please look at the code for me, on the letters it is normally down the side, 5 digits starting with L.

Me thinks something naught is going on here.........................

Milly XX

Lexis sorry for the hijack

Edited by millymollymoo

CAPITAL ONE (O/H!): Won £1864.63 including contractual :D

GE MONEY: WON £266.00

• 2 weeks later...
the plot thickens as regards to the DEFAULT NOTICE reference given L9211, as being the DN............. it does not match this one here on these different threads, both have a reference being L9220:

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/show-post/post-2176963.html

and the Default Letter reference code matches this one too!!!!

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/show-post/post-1736431.html

I would of thought that the reference codes used by HBOS computer would be universal as it seems above So need your help peeps....what does your reference say???

As I said this probably explains why it did not say SENT TO CORRESPONDENCE ADDRESS on my S.A.R. I am believing that this has been manually entered on the collections log as if the computer automatically produced one ( of which I have my doubts as I had only missed 1 payment by the 18 August) it would of matched under deatils of any other automatically produced letter.

so peeps please look at the code for me, on the letters it is normally down the side, 5 digits starting with L.

Me thinks something naught is going on here.........................

Milly XX

Lexis sorry for the hijack

Hi there,

I am sorry to hop in but as I have noticed your thread and such a similar reply by HALIFAX with their rubbbbbish template letter (your first link)..default notice although with a little smaller amount from nowhere of 348.00..

Have you find anything to good to reply with???

I have my thread if you want to have a look and anyone with lots of experience is welcome (Lexis, Maroon..uk3man....and others)

DD

MMM - finally remembered to look at the DN, and the ref on OH's isL9211

I've also just noticed another blunder on it I think; they state that the payment must be made before xx date, not by xx date. So technically I read that as giving you one day less than is shown on the notice, as you can't pay on the date specified as it would be too late.

What are they doing then??

AFAIK all our accounts have been terminated by them anyway, so why the hell are they sending statements, and more than that why are they concocting fictitious payment info?

curiouser and curiouser said Alice...

Any payments made to the account would extend the period required to be statute barred.. eg if you havent made any payment to the account for say 2 years - statute barred would be 4 years. But if a payment was made yesterday.. then the statute barred would be - 6 years.

If that wasnt on their mind then I would say, it looks as though a payment plan has been put in place and looks good if it is sold on :confused:

MMM - finally remembered to look at the DN, and the ref on OH's isL9211

I've also just noticed another blunder on it I think; they state that the payment must be made before xx date, not by xx date. So technically I read that as giving you one day less than is shown on the notice, as you can't pay on the date specified as it would be too late.

Correct :D

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

BCOBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

I think it just shows how desperate the Banks & CC companies are getting, they are just totally flouting any rule in the book to not have to go to court (or admit they haven't got the agreements) and they are down to dirty tricks methods. Just to think how much work it is causing their legal teams to dream these things up, and if we take them to court how stupid and downright deceitful they have been.

All I can say is "Bring it on boys, I'm ready and waiting" I aint got anything left to lose, you have already taken it !!!

Keefy (:-)The "Moaner":rolleyes:)Boy

Prepared to take on anyone until I win...................

Just opened a letter to OH from Moorcroft. Not had them before and it's always nice to meet new people:)

Amended my Iqor letter as I didn't want to get boring, and am sending this today.

Your letter dated 30th May (a Saturday), sent 2nd class standard, arrived with me today. Despite giving a short time to respond it would seem time was not of the essence for you with regards to delivery.

As I have already told Blair, Oliver & Scott, Robinson Way and Iqor, unfortunately it appears that once again the Bank of Scotland has conveniently forgotten to tell their recovery agents that this account is irrevocably unenforceable, and that neither they nor you have any right or merit to legal action.

I suggest you pass this account back to the Bank of Scotland, as there is absolutely no possibility of me dealing with you.

I do not expect to hear from you again, save for a letter informing me you have closed your files and passed the account back to the Bank of Scotland. You may include an apology to me for the empty threats you have issued which contravene OFT guidelines if you so wish.

One thing that has recently dawned on me is that they are asking for the full balance - I don't think OH has had a DN for this account...

I may be wrong as he hid all this from me to begin with and just threw stuff away (I know, I know, I've given him hell for it), but there's nothing in the SAR to indicate it from what I remember. Not sure how I can check though without outright asking them for it? Is there a problem with doing this?

Ta muchly:)

If they are asking for the full balance then, yes a DN should have previously been sent. You say there is nothing in the SAR to suggest that one has been sent ? What about the statements, is there a point in time where the was a nil balance on statements from the Halifax ? Or are they still adding interest and charges.

On letters received from anyone. has the balance requested changed in anyway or has it remained the same ?

BCOBS

Hi to all.

I have been reading you posts with interest. There is a tremendous amount of time been invested in replying to all the different DCA, I adopted a completely different approach.

Personally I ignored all communication from anyone, this resulted in different cc companies adopting different approaches, some just gave up, most sold the debt on and I made settlement with DCA's. That was before I was even aware of cca requests and this consumer action web site. I just negotiated directly on my own offering 7% of outstanding balances.

Now my point is, let them go down the court rout, if they cant produce a cca, they will fail, they may still fail for all the other reasons stated but it saves you an enormous amount of time and energy writing back and forth. eg, I kept all correspondence from say Lloyds TSB, all letters were on a 4 month cycle with the same letter repeating every 4 month and 50% settlement offers coming app every 9 month. This means they will torture you with letters because all they have to do is basically push a button.

Your time is valuable. This may not be to everyone's taste but i dont believe they get the message until about 2 years has expired. This forces them to put up or shut up.

Good luck whatever happens.

Hi Murphy69

I've had a read of your thread and you've certainly managed to do away with an enormous amount of debt.

The problem I would have with ignoring everything is that if you do get hauled into court over it, I would suspect it's very much going to be the judges opinion that you've stuck your head in the sand and not attempted to resolve matters. The fact that they send mainly templated letters is neither here nor there - they would not be expected to write individual ones to each customer as to do so would be an insurmountable task for such large companies.

What a lot of people, myself included, seem to do is give it a good crack for a few months, then tell them enough is enough. It's only a little while of hassle but it does kind of ensure you look utterly reasonable if you do find your way into court.

It's very interesting that you offered 7% as an f+f to the DCA's. The two of OH's with BOS show them as being sold at 12% so I don't think they'd be too happy with that as an offer:D That said, they've been sold a duffer in the first place so it may well be that BOS will end up accepting something around your amount if I'm lucky!

Not sure about that CB, I'd have to check...

Oh, while I remember, I had a lovely chat with a lady from Moorcroft today. It went something like this

Her: Is OH in?

Me: Yes

H: Can I speak to him please

M: No, he doesn't talk about financial matters over the phone. In any case you are chasing an unenforceable debt for BOS, and they have been told many times about phoning, so I suggest you stop now.

H: So is OH there then?

M: Did you hear what I just said about not taking phone calls?

H: Can I give you a number for him to phone?

M: NO (suppressed the urge to ask her if she was mentally challenged)

H: Ok, I'll phone back

M: No you won't unless you want me to slap you personally with a harassment claim.

H: Right, well I'll be phoning back in a little while. Click.

I think our phone must have broken at that point as there were no further calls and she had promised she'd phone back:confused::)

Oh well, maybe I'll get to play tomorrow.

I have to say, even if all the accounts we hold were shown to be enforceable, I'd still be 100% happier than I was before CAG. Just being able to tell them to feck off (or words to that effect) when they're being ridiculous, and not being scared when the phone rings is a huge thing.

hiyaaaaaaaa lexis and all

sorry long time ive been trying to play catch up with a lot of home stuff

but im back online later

just wanted to drop you a line and make sure you are okay,,,looks like this thread you are on the ball:D

will pm you later and update you with a little of what ive been upto

take care and have a sunny day laters all angel x