• Tweets

• Speaking of the reformatory boys, here they are with all of their supporters, some of whom traveled with them from miles away, all carefully crammed together and photographed to look like there were more than about 80 .. rather like Farages last rally with even fewer people crammed around what looked like an ice cream van or mobile tea bar ... Although a number in the crowd apparently thought they were at a vintage car rally as they appeared to be chanting 'crank-her'. A vintage Bentley must be out of view.    
    • in order for us to help you we require the following information:- Which Court have you received the claim from ? Canterbury If possible please scan redact and upload a full page copy of page 1 of the claim form. ( Name of the Claimant ? Moneybarn No 1   How many defendant's  joint or self ? One Date of issue – top right hand corner of the claim form – this in order to establish the time line you need to adhere to. 29/05/24 Acknowledged by 14/06/24  Defence by 29/06/24  Particulars of Claim PARTICULARS OF CLAIM   1.  By a Conditional Sale Agreement in writing made on 25th August 2022. Between the Claimant and Defendant, the Claimant let to the Defendant on Conditional Sale. A Ford Ranger 3.2 TDCi (200 P S) 4x4 Wildtrack  Double Cab Pickup 3200cc (Sep.2015) Registration No, ******* Chassis number ***************** (“The Vehicle”).  A copy of the agreement is attached   2.  The price of the goods was £15,995.00.  The Initial Rental was £8500.00.  The total charge for credit was £3575.;17 And the balance of £11,070.17 was payable by 59 equal consecutive monthly instalments of £187 63. payable on the 25th of each month.   3.  The following were expressed conditions of the set agreement,   Clause 8: Our Right to End this Agreement  8.1   Subject to sending you the notice as required by law, any of the following events will entitle us to end this Agreement: 8.1.2  You fail to pay the advance payment (if any) or any of the payments as specified on the front page of this agreement or any other sum payable under this Agreement. 8.1.3 If any of the information you have given us before entering into this Agreement or during the term of this Agreement was false 8.1.4 We consider, acting reasonably, that the goods may be in jeopardy or that our rights in the goods may otherwise be prejudiced. 8.1.5 If you die 8.1.6 If a bankruptcy petition is presented against you; if you petition for your own bankruptcy, or make a live arrangement with your creditors or call a meeting of them. 8. 1.7 If in Scotland, you become insolvent or sequestration or a receiver, judicial factor or trustee to be appointed over any of your estate, or effects or suffer an arrestment, charge attachment or other diligence to be issued or levied on any of your estate or effects or suffer any exercise, or threatened exercise of landlords hype hypothec 8.1.8 If you are a partnership, you are dissolved 8.1.9 If the goods are destroyed, lost, stolen and/or treated by the insurer as a total loss in response to an insurance claim. 8.1.10 If we reasonably believe any payment made to us in respect of this Agreement is a proceed of crime. 8.1.11 If steps are taken by us to terminate any other agreement which you have entered into with us.   Clause 9.  Effect of Us Terminating Agreement   9.1 If this Agreement terminates under clause 8 the following will apply 9.1.1 Subject to the rights given to you by law, you will no longer be entitled to possession of the goods and must return them to us to an address as we may reasonably specify, (removing or commencing the removal of any cherished plates) together with a V5 registration certificate, both sets of keys and a service record book. If you are unable or unwilling to return the goods to us then we shall collect the goods and we'll charge you in accordance with clause 10.3 9.1.2 We will be entitled to immediate payment from you for all payments and all other sums do under this agreement at the date of termination 9.1.3 We will sell the goods or public sale at the earliest opportunity once the goods are in a reasonable condition which includes a return of the items listed in clause 7.1.4 9.1.4 We will be entitled to immediate payment from you of the rest of the Total Amount Payable under this agreement less: ( a) A rebate for early settlement ias required by law which will be calculated and notified to you at the time of payment (b) The proceeds of sale of the goods (if any) after deduction of all costs associated with finding you and/or the goods, recovery, refurbishment and repair. Insurance, storage, sale, agents fees, cherished plate removal, replacement keys, costs associated with obtaining service history for the goods and in relation to obtaining a duplicate V5 registration certificate   4, The following are particulars required by Civil Procedure Rules. Rule 7.9 as set out in 7.1 and 7.2 of the associated Practice Direction entitled Hire Purchase Claims:-   a)     The agreement is dated 25 August 2022. And is between Moneybarn No1 Limited  and xxxxxxxxx under agreement number 756050. b)    The claimant was one of the original parties to the agreement. c)    The agreement is regulated under the Consumer Credit Act 1974. d)    The goods claimed Ford Ranger 3.2 TDCi ( 200 PS) 4x4 Wildtrack Double Cab Pickup 3200 cc (Sep2015} Registration No ^^^^^^^ Chassis number ***************** e)     Thw total price of the goods £19570 f)     The paid up sum £1206 5 g)    The unpaid balance of the total price £7505 (to include charges) h)    A default notice was sent to the defendant on 20th February 2024 by Firrst class post i)      The date when the right to demand delivery of the goods accrued 14 March 2024 j)      The amount if any claimed as an alternative to delivery of the goods 7505 22 include charges ]= 5.  A the date of service of the notice the instalments were £562.89 in arrears. 6. By reason of the Termination of the Agreement by the notice, defendant became liable to pay the sum of £7502 7. The date of maturity the agreement is 24th August 2027. 8. Further or  alternative by reasons of  the Defendant breaches of the agreement by failing to pay the said instalments, the Defendant evinced an intention no longer to be bound by the Agreement and repudiated it by the said Notice the claimant accepted that repudiation 9. By reason of such repudiation the claimant has suffered loss and damage.   Total amount payable £19570 Less sum paid or in arrears by the date of repudiation £12064 97 Balance £7505 (to include charges.) ( The claimant will give credit if necessary for the value of the vehicle if recovered.)  The claimant therefore claims 1.    An order for delivery up of the vehicle 2.    The MoneyClaim to be adjourned generally with liberty to restore,  Upon restoration of the MoneyClaim following return or loss of the vehicle. the Claimant will ensure the pre action protocol for debt claims is followed. 3.    Pursuant to s 90 (1)  of the Consumer Credit Act 1974. An order that the Claimant and/or its agents may enter any premises in which the vehicle is situated in order to recover the vehicle should it not be returned by the Defendant 4.    further or alternatively damages 5.    costs.   Statement of truth The Claimant believes that the facts stated in these Particulars of Claim are true. The Claimant understands that the proceedings for contempt of court may be brought against anyone who makes or causes to be made a false statement in the document for verified by statement of truth without an honest belief in its truth. I am duly Authorised by the Claimant to sign these Particulars of Claim signed Dated 17th of April 2024   What is the total value of the claim? 7502   Have you received prior notice of a claim being issued pursuant to paragraph 3 of the PAPDC (Pre Action Protocol) ? No   Never heard of this   Have you changed your address since the time at which the debt referred to in the claim was allegedly incurred? No   Did you inform the claimant of your change of address? n/a Is the claim for - a Bank Account (Overdraft) or credit card or loan or catalogue or mobile phone account? No   When did you enter into the original agreement before or after April 2007 ? After  Do you recall how you entered into the agreement...On line /In branch/By post ? In a garage  Is the debt showing on your credit reference files (Experian/Equifax /Etc...) ? Yes  Has the claim been issued by the original creditor or was the account assigned and it is the Debt purchaser who has issued the claim. Original Were you aware the account had been assigned – did you receive a Notice of Assignment? n/a   Did you receive a Default Notice from the original creditor? They said sent but nor received   Have you been receiving statutory notices headed “Notice of Sums in Arrears”  or " Notice of Arrears "– at least once a year ? None seen   Why did you cease payments? Still Paying,   What was the date of your last payment? Yesterday  31st May 2024   Was there a dispute with the original creditor that remains unresolved? No   Did you communicate any financial problems to the original creditor and make any attempt to enter into a debt management plan? Yes on 12 Feb 2024   What you need to do now.   Can't scan, will do via another means as you cant have jpg
    • Now that is an interesting article which adds afew perspective that I hadn't thought significant - but on reflection of the perspectives offered ... Now Starmer is no Blair, however 'blairite he may be perceived, but the Tories aren't tories and aren't even remotely liberal   The fast 'unannounced and unexpected election call from sunack may well be explained by the opinion linked that he hoped reform would be unprepared and effectively call a chunk of Farages largely empty bluster - making him look even more of a prat, leave scope for attacks on shabby reform candidates and mimimise core vote losses to reform - while throwing the 'middle ground' (relative) tories TO THE DOGS - and with the added bonus of likely pacifying his missu' desire to jogg off to sunny cal tout suite somewhat   thumb in the air - I expect about 140ish tory seats, but can hope for under a hundred Reform - got to admit the outside possibility of 1, maybe 2 seats with about 8% of the vote - but unlikely. I think projections of over 10% of the vote for reform is nudged and paid for speculation - but possible with the expected massive drives from Russian, Chinese and far right social media bot and troll prods targeting the gullible.
    • Commentary June 2024 WWW.ELECTORALCALCULUS.CO.UK Interesting article about just how bad it could be for the Tories.  Also Tories could be hoping on Reform not having candidates in many seats, as they were not ready.  
    • Even a Piers Morgan is an improvement and a gutless Farage Piers Morgan calls for second Brexit referendum WWW.THELONDONECONOMIC.COM Piers Morgan and Nigel Farage have faced off over Brexit and a second referendum in a heated reunion on BBC Question Time.   “Why don’t we have another referendum about Brexit?” he questioned. “I seem to remember when 2016 came around we were told there was going to be control of our borders and it was going to be economically beneficial to this country. And eight years later we have lost complete control of our borders… and economically it seems to have been a wilful act of self-harm.”   ... Piers missed off : after all somebody said a 48/52 decision would be "unfinished business" by a long way - was that person just bul lying (again)  
  • Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf
  • Recommended Topics

HBOS and OH's card debt

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4107 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Ok

On Monday last week I emailed the St Andrews group asking for historic t's and c's for the PPI (they issued the insurance according to details I've found). They asked for further details so that they could find the terms (slightly odd as I just wanted historic terms, I didn't want any personal details, just generic terms.

On Wednesday, after having sent the policy number, they posted another current copy of the terms. The email clearly stated terms relating to the period of either 99/01, depending on when it was started (which they would have known from the policy number).

On Thursday my OH had a phone call saying they couldn't send the details as I'd sent the email and wasn't named on the account. OH confirmed he wanted them, said he just needed the historic docs, and the lady on the phone said she'd get them out. All sounding good so far.

Saturday (can't fault them for speed with this!) a package turns up. It contains all the information they've already sent under the SAR, with a couple of extra pages detailing the emails/phone call. Oh, and no terms whatsover, either old or new.

Apparently this is under the SAR I did, but it is sent in reaction to the completely unrelated email I sent, where I did not mention the SAR etc, just said I needed a copy of the old terms.

Now I have no idea whether they are saying this is part of the SAR (which I sent a reminder for), or whether it's relating to the email/phone call we had with them last week!!

How hard do they need to make this??

I'm going to give them the rest of the 14 extra days I gave them, then if nothing turns up I'll start the PPI claim anyway and base it on their current terms as they appear to be saying they are the ones we need to use!

Time flies like an arrow...

Fruit flies like a banana.

• Replies 710
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

hello everyone

thanks milly, im ready to get my claws into a reply to them this week, oh boy have i got a few choice sentences of my own lol

hey lexis where are you gal, tried to pm you your inbox is full..

hope u are all well

laters angel x

Im happy to help with support and my own thoughts, but if I offer any thoughts to your problems please take it as from my life experience only and not of any legal standing. Always take further advice from the legal experts in your final action.:)

my new motto is,,,",Taking back control of your life and home - such peace is priceless"

This is all due to truecall device , have a serious peek at this you will be thankful like I am x laters angel :D

Hey Angel:)

I've been hiding:D I had a bit of a heavy night on Saturday (I have no recollection of a good portion of the evening:oops:) and then I've been on a go slow this week as the pc's were being 'fixed' by my OH. Of course that means they've been kaput for over a day:rolleyes:

Had a couple of calls yesterday from the lovely BofS. OH answered the first one and had a good 10/15 minute conversation with the woman from collections. Went through everything, said in writing only and she must have tried to give him the number for disputes half a dozen times - what is it about 'in writing only' that they just don't get??

Also re-iterated that as per the letter they received on the 26th, all calls from them would be charged at a fiver after the two days grace I gave them to take the number off the list. She said they don't have notes about that, only that there is an arrears amount. OH pointed out that it was their own problem if their hugely sophisticated system wasn't up to showing proper notes. That didn't register with her:rolleyes:

She also tried to tell him that as he was behind in payments his terms showed they could phone if they wanted (what terms, you haven't sent any!). He did say a good few times that the banking code kind of superceded their companies t's and c's, but that wasn't going in either.

Anyway, she said she'd put a hold on calls for 10 days.

About 4 hours later, after the two texts (to mobile, which they have been informed is a work number) telling OH to phone, he had another call. Asked if there were any notes on the system. There was one. It said 'customer is going to phone disputes department'. OH MY GOD HOW INEPT WAS SHE????

He was to be fair extremely good. He listened to everything, wrote down the notes and read them back - even the bit about the £5 per call which he must have thought OH was a loon to be saying:D - never lost his rag, was highly apologetic for the previous numpty etc. Oh, and he gave his full name which just never happens!

Soooo, I need to sort them out now. I'll wait for the 14 days I gave them to answer my last letter, and if nothing comes of that I'll get another one out to them with the latest load of rubbish they've come up with (including the DN being sent to a known wrong address - they even have our new postcode for the security questions so there's no mistaking it!!), plus a bill for the calls received.

Anyone reckon they'll pay it, or will I have to send the bailiffs in? :D

Hey milly

No, nothing at the moment. The clock is ticking on the letter deadline I gave them, so I'm hoping for something to turn up!

I did make a mistake on the DN though so I'm not expecting anything from this account for that (it was for the other bos account that already issued a DN, that's why I thought it was this one as the other already had one!)

It's funny how this one has gone eerily quiet, but the other one is more insistent isn't it? I wonder why...

ok going to pm you just wanted to run something past you quickly for me ta angel x

Im happy to help with support and my own thoughts, but if I offer any thoughts to your problems please take it as from my life experience only and not of any legal standing. Always take further advice from the legal experts in your final action.:)

my new motto is,,,",Taking back control of your life and home - such peace is priceless"

This is all due to truecall device , have a serious peek at this you will be thankful like I am x laters angel :D

hiya gal

hope you are okay sorry we have missed ourselves on the threads

wanted to ask if you knew who is the top man or woman now at hbos, got my letter ready to send, but cant find stuff since that guy left

just a thought otherwise how do you write when you address to the top people much appreciated

davey has helped me with it since yesterday and ive learned no end

laters angel x

thanks

hiya gal

hope you are okay sorry we have missed ourselves on the threads

wanted to ask if you knew who is the top man or woman now at hbos, got my letter ready to send, but cant find stuff since that guy left

just a thought otherwise how do you write when you address to the top people much appreciated

davey has helped me with it since yesterday and ive learned no end

laters angel x

thanks

Angel, I think the top man is Andy Hornby according to the article in the following link.

HBOS names new chief executive - Telegraph

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

gosh citizenb

fab i was getting all confused last week

thanks for that,

laters and hiya to lexis too, hope all is well with you after your sat bash,,,lol

laters angel x

I'm good now thanks angel:)

It was an Abba evening, so I was resplendent in kinky boots and false glittery lashes:D I very rarely drink as a) it's not something I miss if I don't and b) I'm normally conscious of my health issues. Occasionally though I have a little tipple, and this one consisted of about 3/4 litre of voddy. Seeing as the last time I had a drink was about 18 months ago I got a bit trousered:D

Fine now though after a full day in bed:D

hahaha i just loved your reply :D

hey sometimes you must take a day off all this rubbish we are trying to deal with

life has to go on

anyway im off to bed and will catch up with all tomorrow

got lots of scanning to do,had bits and bobs so must alert you all

take care keep happy laters angel x:smile:

hey lexis:) and hiya angel:)

Sounds like you had a great nite out and sounds just like me and the drink, thats prob why when i do have more than one glass of vino [like 2 lol:D!] it goes straight to my head. [i am not supposed to drink actually as I have a heart defib insitu and am on meds and am supposed to be coherent at all times! ]

hey angel you said you were confused , thats me at the best of times lol!!!

Speak later

Milly XXX

CAPITAL ONE (O/H!): Won £1864.63 including contractual :D

GE MONEY: WON £266.00

I'm good now thanks angel:)

It was an Abba evening, so I was resplendent in kinky boots and false glittery lashes:D I very rarely drink as a) it's not something I miss if I don't and b) I'm normally conscious of my health issues. Occasionally though I have a little tipple, and this one consisted of about 3/4 litre of voddy. Seeing as the last time I had a drink was about 18 months ago I got a bit trousered:D

Fine now though after a full day in bed:D

Hmmmmm, 8-)

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

Right then, response received.

As expected really, essentially according to them:

• it's completely legible (no it isn't)
  • it's a fully executed agreement (no it isn't)
  • it's not in dispute (didn't say it was in that letter:rolleyes:)
  • they haven't served court papers (NIP seems pretty court-y to me)
  • bos are collecting, the debt still belongs to bofs (didn't answer my question)
  • they decline my request to zero the balance (big surprise there)

This is my reply - rather short and sweet for me. I don't feel like going into one at the moment.

Thank you for your clear and concise letter of the 9th February, received today. It actually was pretty reasonable!

Unfortunately, despite being well laid out and apparently actually written by a person rather than someone using a variety of template answers, it still very deftly manages to avoid any of the pertinent questions raised.

The application form you have sent me is still illegible. To comply with the Consumer Credit Act 1974 it must be ‘easily legible’. It is not. I have gone over this on too many occasions to warrant stating it again. It is quite simply not acceptable, however many times you send it to me.

You have at no time included the historic terms and conditions. Again, I have given you the legislation that describes this necessity on more than one occasion.

These two facts mean you have not complied with the Act. This is not something I am willing to argue any longer, so despite having legislation backing my argument whilst you simply have opinions, it would appear we are at an impasse on this point.

This brings me to your statement that court papers have not been served. I am aware that actual papers have not been served. This is plainly due to the fact that there is no legal merit to your arguments. However the Notice of Intended Court Action dated the 23rd October that was sent to me from Blair, Oliver and Scott on behalf of their ‘client’ Bank of Scotland shows an intention to start action. It was in response to this that I requested the signed, executed agreement with all necessary documents and terms, both standard and prescribed, that would show a valid contract. This was made under the Civil Procedure Rules (and within my Subject Access Request, which has also not turned up the requested documentation). The CPR request was made in November, and has so far been ignored by both Blair, Oliver and Scott and the Bank of Scotland.

The application form you have sent is irredeemably unenforceable due to all the points I have raised in previous letters. I will not go over them again. You are aware of these indisputable facts, as am I. The application you have sent is in no way an enforceable agreement or contract. As such, there is no contract for me to be beholden to, so any arguments that you have based on a contract being in place (such as your right to process my data) are without merit.

You confirmed in your last letter that your opinion, and therefore the Bank of Scotland’s opinion, is that the piece of paper you have sent to me four times is a fully executed agreement. It is not, and it would appear that you have failed in your obligations to comply with the various anti money laundering regulations in not keeping such an important document as a contractually binding, valid agreement; if indeed any such document ever existed. This, as I’m sure you are aware, is a very serious offence.

In light of the above I respectfully suggest you re-consider your thoughts on reducing my balance to zero.

I re-iterate I am giving statutory notice under Section 10 of the Data Protection Act to cease processing any data in relation to this account with immediate effect. There is no valid contract in place, and never has been. Therefore you do not, and have never had the right to process my data. Should you fail to respond within 14 days, I will expect that this means you agree to remove all such data.

I would ask that you review this account once more, and respond favourably within 14 days of receipt of this letter.

Edited by lexis200
just finessing a bit (hopefully:))

Superb letter, Lexis.:)

Do you get the feeling that the bods at BOS believe that if they repeat a lie often enough it will become true; or people will believe it to be true? Everyone repeat after me, the sky is green, the sky is green, the sky is green - sigh:rolleyes:

Thanks underdog:)

It's very truncated for me; I was quite proud it was only a page and a half, and that included the addresses and references above the actual letter, and the sig below!

I think you're entirely right you know. If they had a leg to stand on OH would have been in court ages ago. Plus, the letters are increasingly addressing the fact that an unenforceable agreement does not mean they can't collect - they are no longer saying they consider it enforceable.

It seems they are attempting to use so many half truths, and seemingly answer a question whilst actually ignoring the pertinant facts in order to wear you down. Personally I am getting to the stage where I just think sod them. I can't be bothered to quote the legislation and Acts that back my points up, as they just ignore them. If this letter is good to go (I've copied the money laundering bit to rory's thread where he didn't receive any agreement and sent a similar paragraph which I have just adapted for my needs just to make sure I'm not saying anything silly), I'll give them this one more chance to do what I've asked.

After that, if they still say no I'm basically going to tell them that's fine, but they're not getting any money and I won't enter into any correspondence again. Then I'll just ignore everything. I really feel I've given them enough opportunity to be reasonable, and even on the offchance OH does get taken to court, he can at least show a raft of letters trying to sort it out and get the right documentation.

Edited by lexis200

I really like that letter. That's what happens when a consumer gets fed up to the back teeth of reminding a large financial institution of their obligations and legal duties. I feel the same these days in that i am also of the mindset to say 'sod you, do what you like. I'm not bothered anymore'.

What's next? Actually ignore it all or ask the Court for an order for Disclosure under the CPR?

If i can't find a 'no win no fee' Solicitor or one that will do the job under legal aid i am going to write similar letters to all my lot (although with extra amounts of sarcasm.) ;)

:!: -Any advise I give is based purely on my own experience. It should not be solely relied upon as I am NOT a legal expert and any major decisions you make should not be based on my opinion alone -

HFC Bank - Davey vs HFC

Barclays - Monthly payments made

Cahoot - Agreement received, awaiting 2nd agreement after DCA.

MBNA1&2 - Agreements received. (Currently in limbo)

Halifax - Davey vs Halifax/Cabot

MINT - Davey vs Mint

Amex - Davey vs Amex

Cap1 **WON** £1,500 Written Off Davey vs Cap1

Never Sign Anything

Hi davey, and thanks:)

I think I am just going to ignore them completely. They have not been paid anything on this account for several months now, and the last barrage of threatening post that OH had was really back in November. Anything past that has essentially been replies to my complaints and queries.

Personally I think it's the case that they know they're buggered, but won't admit it, which is why their letters are increasingly tending towards letting OH know even an unenforceable agreement doesn't stop them trying to collect rather than the earlier tactic of threatening him with all manner of diabolical punishments if he doesn't pay.

I was going to offer them a f+f if this whole zeroing the balance route didn't lead anywhere, just to get rid of them, but I'm thinking more now that unless they've issued a default (I haven't checked OH's record yet), it's not worth it and they can potter on until it becomes statute barred.

I may yet decide to do the court thing (which puts the fear of God into me:)), but as long as they stay this quiet I'm more tempted to just let it die a death.

hiya lexis and all

sorry been hit and miss this week being here, but i love that letter fab

i been helping my friend on her possesion and eviction legals got a thread somewhere started, cant remember the title, at the mo

im so drained though with all that stuff and my stuff, need to get some inspiration again, i will have a good nights sleep and take care of business tomorrow, thanks for your pm appreciated

i finally got that letter off tonight, was very proud of myself, lets see

not heard from blair and scott for a few weeks, still need to do no doorstep visitors though and send that docs letter do it all in the same letter i reckon saves a bit of postage hahah

anyway i think that there will be millions in this country that have defaults on their files, the banks will soon have to change their way of thinking that they soon wont have anyone to lend or sell credit to, if they go by credit files info, ;)

i heard also the other day that dca will only be able to chase upto 3 years not 6 so thats a few of them that will also go out of buz

anyway im not planning on getting a new mortgage my rate is good, im concentrating on kicking all these sill unenenforceable ones into touch then i can pay over on the mortgage i can with 10% each year and reduce that to nil asap,,,well a few years i guess but hey who needs credit in the future, i wont

so sometimes it about looking outside the box and seeing the best form of action for yourselves and getting to that 6 years statue bar year,,,,lol

roll roll on, will there be anyone left in this country that will have a squeeky clean credit file????

laters guys off for a bit of dinner

angel xkeep smiling:lol:

Hiya angel,

where did you hear about DCAs only being able to pursue for 3 years? Would be really helpful to quote the act, statute or whatever this comes from.

Hope you're feeling better soon - best of luck to you and your friend; fingers crossed for her that she avoids repossession.:)

Hiya angel,

where did you hear about DCAs only being able to pursue for 3 years? Would be really helpful to quote the act, statute or whatever this comes from.

Hope you're feeling better soon - best of luck to you and your friend; fingers crossed for her that she avoids repossession.:)

hiya lexis and underdog

i saw that posted on a thread now once i find it will refer you to it, but i think its something that is being discussed at the moment, and if it becomes law the poster was saying a few dca will go out of buz but only my memory and this week, ive read so much i m goingto have to devise a system to record where snippets like this are for any future ref,,,lol

am feeling better today thank you, lets see what the weekend brings

laters guys angel x