Anyone had an amazing offer from Aktiv Kapital?

olliepup
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5722 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi all,

Are DC feeling the credit crunch?

Got a letter the other day from Aktiv Kapital saying they understand the credit crunch etc and they would like to offer me a settlement of my £1200 debt for £150 full and final settlement.

Had 10 days to pay, paid it of course and they will update my credit file as fully satisfied.

What's going on?

Hi Olliepup

I would say that if you have £150 and you would like to settle this debt and you are happy with the offer then go for it.

However, if they are offering it I would be wondering why, and I would suspect that the credit crunch wouldn't be the real reason. It may be that they know the debt is unenforceable and £150 is better than nothing.

I would be tempted to CCA them, find out what if anything they have.

As I am relatively new on here I am only giving an opinion based what I have read on the forum.

Advice given is my opinion only, I am not a legal or financial expert (far from it).

Monx to be honest i've paid it, to ditch some debt with that discount is worth it to me.

I know it's not ideal on the default business but hey i won't be applying for any credit anytime soon!

Could do with a few more of them!!

Olliepup

If you are happy with that then fine. If I am honest, if I had an offer like that three months ago when it all went a bit pear shaped for me I would have probably would have paid itl

My DCA were not so nice and threatened to make me bankrupt, If I hadn't stumbled on this forum I would have offered anything to stop them because it would have cost me my job.

Again tho, if you are happy and feel that this has drawn a line under it for you then great.

Not that I am cynical tho I would make sure that you keep that letter and receipt for a couple of years at least. I have read posts from people settled at reduced rates to find other DCA's chasing the same debts a year or two down the line.:)

Advice given is my opinion only, I am not a legal or financial expert (far from it).

Yes i'll keep the letter and their letter for future confirmation!

Legal and receivables have been like that with me, heavy handed until i found this site, i CCA'd them so still waiting.

The account for L and R has been removed from my credit file.

But i'm sure i'll here from them!

I recently received a similar letter, but not to the tune of £150 unfortunately. They are saying that "we may be prepared to significantly discount the outstanding balance in order to achieve an early settlement" etc. and that I should ring them as soon as possible to discuss it or they will "consider escalating action against you."

I have ignored it and sent them a CCA request instead.

• 3 weeks later...

debtors make me laf ak are stronger than ever especially with everoone in debt these days - amazing offers were sent to debtors who pay very low pmts best to clear instead of gettin 1 quid a month - SORRY BUT AK WILL BE RINGING ANS SENDING LETTERS FOR MAY YEARS TO COME - MY HEART BLEEDS FOR YOU DEBTORS

debtors make me laf ak are stronger than ever especially with everoone in debt these days - amazing offers were sent to debtors who pay very low pmts best to clear instead of gettin 1 quid a month - SORRY BUT AK WILL BE RINGING ANS SENDING LETTERS FOR MAY YEARS TO COME - MY HEART BLEEDS FOR YOU DEBTORS

I doubt that you could spell recession, let alone provide a cogent explanation of the implications of the current economic situation. Do you sign letters in crayon?

Troll.

Glad to see that the DCAs are still employing the same high quality staff

:lol::lol::lol::lol:

BANK CHARGES

Nat West Bus Acct £1750 reclaim - WON

LTSB Bus Acct £1650 charges w/o against o/s balance - WON

Halifax Pers Acct £1650 charges taken from benefits - WON

Others

GE Money sec loan - £1900 in charges - settlement agreed

GE Money sec loan - ERC of £2.5K valid for 15 years - on standby

FirstPlus - missold PPI of £20K for friends - WON

Dont feed the troll :rolleyes:

No SP, dissident is even harder to spell than recession.:D

BANK CHARGES

Nat West Bus Acct £1750 reclaim - WON

LTSB Bus Acct £1650 charges w/o against o/s balance - WON

Halifax Pers Acct £1650 charges taken from benefits - WON

Others

GE Money sec loan - £1900 in charges - settlement agreed

GE Money sec loan - ERC of £2.5K valid for 15 years - on standby

FirstPlus - missold PPI of £20K for friends - WON

I do laugh at the way he says his hearts bleeds for us debtors....well i must inform you that its us debtors who's hearts bleed for the DCA's in general coz more & more of us are realizing that they have no power or authority whatsoever without going to a county court 1st.

Everyone now knows that they are just bullies who think they can harrass & scare people into paying up.

The police & the other authorities in general are slowly putting a stop to your dodgy industry Atkivkapitallover & for that, we are laughing our backsides off.

Too many of us know our rights now Atkivkapitallover & the likes of you and DCA's in general find that difficult to accept :)

Don't feed it folks, it will get bigger.

Hunger, replies and money are the only things that keep trolls like this and DCA's going.

Lex

Please help us to help you. Download the CAG tool bar for free

HERE and use the search option for all your searches. CAG earns a few pennies every time !!!

Please don't rush, take time to read these:-

&

This is always worth referring to

Advice & opinions given by me are personal, are not endorsed by the Consumer Action Group or the Bank Action Group. Should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

As Mr Lex states, don't feed the troll. The debt collection business is changing (allbeit slowly). Cabot send out debt advice packs these days rather than their initial we'll take everything, just pay us and don't ask what the debt is about letter. More and more DCA's are being fined by the OFT. 1st Credit are getting more and more hit for costs by their strategy of just sending SD's willy nilly.

DCA's are being forced to comply with the law through pressure brought by websites like CAG. We're still a long way off but their business is changing simply because it's being forced to. Let's keep the pressure up and ignore/avoid the ****** trolls.

• Haha 1

HAVE YOU BEEN TREATED UNFAIRLY BY CREDITORS OR DCA's?

BEWARE OF CLAIMS MANAGEMENT COMPANIES OFFERING TO WRITE OFF YOUR DEBTS.

Please note opinions given by rory32 are offered informally as a lay-person in good faith based on personal experience. For legal advice, you must always consult a registered and insured lawyer.

Too much WKD obviously:eek:

Such a shame the trolls do not know much about what their employer is sending out. The post is factually incorrect as it is not limited to those paying small amounts of £1 etc.

AK do not understand the credit crunch, they are simply using it to their advantage. If you read each word carefully they are only guaranteeing 25% reduction which is common every year, with some hope that debtors will believe it MAY be 75% reduction after a call to AK.

The end of the letter is even more comical, they are now threatening to send accounts to DCA's.

I got a really good offer from them...

They wrote to me 2 months AFTER I was declared Bankrupt, saying that they had bought my debt from Morgan Stanley 1 month ago (i.e. 1 month AFTER I was declared bankrupt!).

Obviously neither party reads the gazette.

Very satisfying telephone call telling them I didnt owe them anything, wouldnt be speaking or dealing with them at all and that they had wasted their money!

SORRY BUT AK WILL BE RINGING ANS SENDING LETTERS FOR MAY YEARS TO COME - MY HEART BLEEDS FOR YOU DEBTORS

I think I have had one from your monkey enclosure, it came out of the blue offering 40% discount! Nice.

I would love a phone call off you (just to tell you to *********) but unfortunately you don't have my number, ah shame. Keep wasting your paper and postage, send me as many letters as you like they will end up where the first one ended up - on the ignore pile :rolleyes: Bunch of amateurs.

ROGUE DEBTOR AND PROUD OF IT :grin:

Edited by jonni2bad
Language, Timothy!

I wanna feed the DCA troll.

Let me fuzzybobble him :grin:

These are video links to show how I deal with Debt Collectors.

Fly fishing for C.A.R.S

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=zPtzK8FqE6k&feature=related

Frederickson International don't accept my card type

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=eiZBULlWW6Q&feature=related

Nah, it's got Thunderbird written all over it.

David

He's been on the white lighting and stella snakebites going by the prebubescent spelling. Makes you wonder how they manage to type when they have no thumbs, due to too much inbreeding.

We really do need to start a new campaign to get more Maccy D's and KFC opened in this country.

Also block the ports in India so it causes a shortage of chavvy sportswear, so no DCA staff will have any clothes to wear to work.

This will have the effect of causing a shortage of DCA call centre staff. Which would be a very good thing indeed.

The only downside will be a shortage of these appearing on here....

:-D.

These are video links to show how I deal with Debt Collectors.

Fly fishing for C.A.R.S

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=zPtzK8FqE6k&feature=related

Frederickson International don't accept my card type

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=eiZBULlWW6Q&feature=related