CCA/true copy dispute with Haliprats

findingthecheese
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4176 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Cor blimey! They like to pass the accounts around dont they!

Im about to go down this road too having had a HFC marbles account be bought by Halifax. HFC provided an app form with no prescribed terms and I was in middle of complaints what the account went to Halifax.

Havnt paid anything to Halifax as a/c was in dispute when it was transferred so I think its about 6 months now.

Im sure it will go out to DCA's anytime.

SAR is due by tomorrow too.

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi underdog13 & joneseyblod!

How are you guys getting on? Hopefully you've been invigorated by the improved weather! :cool:

It's like pass the parcel (or 'poisoned chalice' if you're a DCA)!

I've never been so 'bemused'....! ;)

It'll be interesting to see who they pull out of the hat next.

Don't know about you guys, but I actually felt better when it was passed out to the DCAs - they're sooo incompetent! It's been a real confidence booster witnessing these clowns abandoning their fruitless quests and scurrying for cover! Should I be worried and seek 'professional help'....! :D

ftc.

Hiya Ftc,

the DCAs love the old pass the parcel game, too. I had contact from 3 different firms for the same account in a matter of a few weeks.

Bog off letters are flying out at a rate of knots - I'm beginning to get a collection of my own template letters now:rolleyes:

Hi underdog13,

Good to hear from you! Careful, you might end up with repetitive strain injury!:D I too have a nice 'weighty' file of letters and responses. I never really considered myself a 'letter writer' but know my fingers literally start to twitch everytime I spy a DCA looking envelope...!;)

ftc.

I've also now been contacted by IQOR

(the new name for Legal & Trade)

The address on their letters is:

33-34 Winckley square

Preston

PR1 3EL

Their postal address is shambolic, and anybody trying to send recorded letters to them will often be told by the Post Office that it doesn't exist (?).

However, if you persist, then it will get to them.

(The Post Office clerk will just need to enter the address manually).

I've now had a response to a couple of formal complaints letters I sent, and been given the following contact details:

It appears that their "Complaints Coordinator" is a lady called:

Susan Myerscough

So address any communications for her direct attention, and lets make her work for her salary !

The email for the complaints dept is: [email protected]

Her direct phone number is: 01772 832002

Always best not to call these people if you can avoid it, and try to keep all communication in writing for your own records, and also to avoid being coerced over the phone into saying or agreeing to something you may later regret.

If you do feel you need to talk to them on the phone, or if your actually being persistently called by them, ask to speak to only this person directly, and....

REMEMBER TO RECORD ANY PHONE CALLS, AND INFORM THEM YOU ARE DOING SO.

Edited by photoman
  • Haha 1

All opinions and advice I offer are purely my own, and are offered without any liability. If unsure seek the help of a licensed professional

...just because something's in print doesn't mean its true.... just look at you Banks T&C's for example !

Hi underdog13,

Good to hear from you! Careful, you might end up with repetitive strain injury!:D I too have a nice 'weighty' file of letters and responses. I never really considered myself a 'letter writer' but know my fingers literally start to twitch everytime I spy a DCA looking envelope...!;)

ftc.

Yep, defo in danger of repetitive strain injury - wonder if I can sue them for damages if I do develop it?;)

I know what you mean about building up a file of letters; it's got to the stage where I have my own template letters that I tweak slightly to suit and send off to one after the other.

At least my templates make some sense and are actually relevant - unlike theirs:D

• 2 months later...

Hi everyone!

Sorry for the radio silence.

Just a quick update - Iqor never bothered to follow up.... (shock, horror)!!!

Have now received a lovely threatogram from Moorcroft - with 'intended litigation' not only written in bold BUT underlined too (ooohhh!). :rolleyes:

So it's another quick trip to the post office to fire off my 'bemused' letter.

As ever, I'll let you know the outcome! ;)

ftc.

Good morning all!

Another quick update - Moorcroft have 'yellow enveloped' me! They have chosen to ignore my 'bemused' letter and responded with yet another letter from their 'pre-court division'. Only now they've put 'notice of intended litigation' not only in red and bold, but they've added a surrounding box....!:eek:

Moorcroft's letter is dated 29/06/09 but actually arrived on 04/07/09. They've now added Solicitor's costs (£100), Court fees (£240), Solicitor's costs for entering judgement by default (£35). This is how much my debt 'may' increase by.

They've kindly given me until today to pay the full amount - hold on, I'll just go and get my cheque book......:rolleyes:

My 'bemused' letter was sent by recorded delivery, but proof of postage isn't showing on the post office website yet.

Any advice on what my next move should be? :confused:

• 2 weeks later...

Hi everyone!

I've had another love letter from Moorcroft...:eek:

In their letter they say that they have contacted Halifax who have advised them that they have complied with the Consumer Credit Act and therefore no dispute is outstanding and the balance of £****.** is correct and payable.

They have kindly given me until the end of the week to pay up.

Has this happened to anyone else? Could someone please advise me on how to respond?

BIG THANKS IN ADVANCE.

ftc

Hi ftc,

you can accept the praise - you gained the knowledge and applied it to your advantage, so well done you:)

My fight's going round and round in ever decreasing circles, with numpty creds claiming the earth is flat 'cos they say it is, etc, etc;)

Not really got any further, but holding them at bay so far (touch wood:D)

FTC..

Well done, i've just read the thread through, and watched as i have with many posters, and love the transformation people make, from lost, bewildered, stressed individuals, into people, wll up for the fight, almost welcoming the mail in the morning.. :)

Notice the "radio silence" comments......

Weren't a squaddie in a previous life were you..... :)

Steve.

Thank you scouse12345!

Definitely feels like I am at war with the dcas! :) I notice you have a wee battle of your own going on - follow the excellent advice that you'll receive on this site and you'll emerge victorious!

CAG has to be the best antidepressant on the market! I too love reading through other Caggers' threads and witnessing their transformations. I can't stop plugging the site to my family and friends - someone mentions debt, I shout CAG!!! I also have to say that I find some Caggers' threads and comments so entertaining and funny!

I'm no longer afraid of the big, bad wolf! I realise now that he's just full of hot air.... I have no problem opening my statements now as I know that I'll have advice and support from all you guys!:D

ftc

Hi everyone!

Finally got hold of 'the' letter - only to find that it's not from Moorcroft after all!!!:oops:

It's from my dear 'friend' Susan at iQor!!! I can't understand why she would bother to write to little ole me after the account has already been passed to Moorcroft.

Anyway, I promised I'd post a copy - so here it is....:)iQor letter.pdf

So, I'm still waiting to hear from Moorcroft :sad:

ftc

• 1 month later...

So Moorcroft haven't bothered to respond.....BUT Wescot have decided to send me another threatogram :confused:!!!

Why have Westcot decided to wade in again after all these months? They never bothered responding to my earlier bemused letter, instead they handed over to Iqor, who handed over to Moorcroft, who it appears to have passed the parcel back to Westcot!!!

Any advice on what my next move should be?

ftc

Hi underdog13!

Well they do say keep your friends close but your enemies closer.....!

But threatening to turn up on my doorstep for a little one-to-one time is a little too close imho!

Wonder who will be the next candidate to join da 'dca crew'! :D

Keep up the good work topdog!

ftc