Overdrawn Payments...

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5736 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi There

Not sure if this is the right section but here goes.....

At the weekend I went to check on my bank statement to plan to plan for the rest of the month now all the bills had been paid.

I knew that I had some charges for going overdrawn but I didnt expect £140!!!!

I called Alliance and Leicester and spoke to customer services and was told the fee is £5 a day for each day, which is NOT capped. I expained that I cant afford that the charge in one go and asked if it can divided over two months, to which she replied:

'No - once the charges have been raised nothing can be done' All I can do is to put a note on the account to say you are unhappy with the charges.....

Are they allowed to do this? Is it too late to claim back the charges due to the court case?

The answer is that they are allowed to do this but you can still put in a claim for bank charges while the OFT test case is ongoing.

FSA Waiver on Bank Charges:http://www.fsa.gov.uk/pages/Doing/Regulated/Notify/Waiver/pdf/dir_quart_0709.pdf

Guest Old_andrew2018

Why write to them explaining there was an oversight, they may as a gesture of goodwill refund the charges.

You never know I thinks its worth a try, I once had some MBNA CHARGES RETURNED,.

Andy

£50 overdrawn is not bad. I've been and there other people who have been bumped for 50p overdrawn!!!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

:!: All the information I impart is my advice based on my experience. It does not constitute professional advice. If in doubt, always consult with a professional. :!:

:-) If you feel my post has been helpful, please click my scales. :-)

Thanks for the replies - Will send them a letter tomorrow.

The thing that really bugs me was that I was only £50 overdrawn to start with.

They calculate which way will give them the most penalty payment, then either pay or refuse payment whichever way gives them the most.

Interesting.... I've just had a ding-dong with A&L about a charge for a returned DD.... £50!!! Jeez.

However, they are looking into refunding it but that £5 a day is shocking...

THE PRETENDER AGENDA - August 30,2008 - 2ND ROW!!! WOO-HOO!! :-)

THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR A FAB NITE LEE! xx

Sunderland 011008 - THE BEST BIRTHDAY PRESSIE EVER! 'Aww, it's your birthday! Happy birthday darlin!'

02 Apr 2008, 23:55

OfficialLeeRyan wrote:

i like that!! its simple and good and gets the fans involved aswell x x x

MY SUCCESSES -

1st Credit (Lloyds TSB) admitted no CCA, reply from OFT 130608, reply from FOS 040608, adjudication stage rejected but still no contact....

My mate (Littlewoods/Moorcroft)

300608 -Long running battle,threatening court, CCA letter NO 2 and harrassment letter sent - passed back to Littlewoods early July.

070808 - Passed to Debt Managers, Acct in dispute/BOG OFF letter sent 080808...

140808 - Letter from Debt Managers passing debt back to Littlewoods - RESULT! :D

They told me that if theres anything that could be classed as being in 'hardship' they have a team who can look at it - for instance, I told them (truthfully) my partner is disabled and we would struggle if they took the charges all at once.

If theres anything at all you could use give them a try.

Mrs R :D

THE PRETENDER AGENDA - August 30,2008 - 2ND ROW!!! WOO-HOO!! :-)

THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR A FAB NITE LEE! xx

Sunderland 011008 - THE BEST BIRTHDAY PRESSIE EVER! 'Aww, it's your birthday! Happy birthday darlin!'

02 Apr 2008, 23:55

OfficialLeeRyan wrote:

i like that!! its simple and good and gets the fans involved aswell x x x

MY SUCCESSES -

1st Credit (Lloyds TSB) admitted no CCA, reply from OFT 130608, reply from FOS 040608, adjudication stage rejected but still no contact....

My mate (Littlewoods/Moorcroft)

300608 -Long running battle,threatening court, CCA letter NO 2 and harrassment letter sent - passed back to Littlewoods early July.

070808 - Passed to Debt Managers, Acct in dispute/BOG OFF letter sent 080808...

140808 - Letter from Debt Managers passing debt back to Littlewoods - RESULT! :D

My bank account is now over £1000 overdrawn due to being overdrawn by 1.25. That's with Lloyds TSB. Shocking behaviour!!!

Gemspan

Yeah, but hardly surprising coming from Lloyds The Sh*te *ank [you decide what to put in place of the last *!]

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

:!: All the information I impart is my advice based on my experience. It does not constitute professional advice. If in doubt, always consult with a professional. :!:

:-) If you feel my post has been helpful, please click my scales. :-)

My bank account is now over £1000 overdrawn due to being overdrawn by 1.25. That's with Lloyds TSB. Shocking behaviour!!!

Gemspan

Why not open an account elswhere and tell them where to go.