CCA REQUEST TO MBNA my journey by Maz

angel_1
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5374 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

hey after the day ive had, as you both know lexis and GM huge thanks

i m happy with anything with ALCOHOL in it,,,,:D

later dudes angel x

Im happy to help with support and my own thoughts, but if I offer any thoughts to your problems please take it as from my life experience only and not of any legal standing. Always take further advice from the legal experts in your final action.:)

my new motto is,,,",Taking back control of your life and home - such peace is priceless"

This is all due to truecall device , have a serious peek at this you will be thankful like I am x laters angel :D

• Replies 194
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

oh lexis that takes me back 10 years,,,lol

angel x:lol:

Im happy to help with support and my own thoughts, but if I offer any thoughts to your problems please take it as from my life experience only and not of any legal standing. Always take further advice from the legal experts in your final action.:)

my new motto is,,,",Taking back control of your life and home - such peace is priceless"

This is all due to truecall device , have a serious peek at this you will be thankful like I am x laters angel :D

• 2 weeks later...
hey after the day ive had, as you both know lexis and GM huge thanks

i m happy with anything with ALCOHOL in it,,,,:D

later dudes angel x

Same here angel! anything with alcohol fine with me! Snap ive just received a MBNA default notice as well:eek:

Im happy to help with support and my own opinions but as i have no legal qualifications If I offer any thoughts to your problems please take it as from my life experience only and not of any legal standing. Always take further advice from the legal experts in your final action,

Very interesting info from PT on another thread - hope he won't mind me pasting it here, just in case anyone missed it:-)

let me expand slightly

The law as we all know requires a "A term stating the rate of any interest on the credit to be provided under the agreement"

So on the MBNA agreement it says £1000, £3000 & £5000 yes?

and under each amount of credit it says the various rates , Yes?

So what if your credit limit isnt there?

What if your credit limit was £10,000? £15,000 ???

there is nothing within the agreement to qualify the rate of interest if your credit limit isnt set out on the agreement? with me so far?

So MBNA may try and argue that the full details are found in a set of terms and conditions somewhere which we dont know about blah blah blah

Well that angle fails at the first hurdle as the Agreement Regulations , at Reg 2(4) requires all this info to be set out as a whole and not interspersed with other info so it cannot be set out elsewhere

so if your credit limit was different to that stated on your agreement KERCHING:wink:

does that help???????????????

Edited by citizenB
put quote marks round text :)

hiya underdog

many thanks for this , i did see it on other threads and now finally got around to mine

i understand this better now thanks

by the way one of mine been defaulted, terminated i hope cos its gone to a dca and now lewis,,,, so what happens now if i dont pay them anything, we go around and around the circle,,,,oh they would like my 10.00 for info,,,not likely oh dear,,,,

laters guys angel x

hy underdog

that actually might buy more time and could in fairness see if they actually send the same document through,,or if its funny in any way we can look at this in more depth

im going by memory now cos i have to do dinner

but yes, after default from mbna,told me would be selling debt i think the letter from lewis has this little bosx saying notice of assignement with an amount owed

i suppose no harm in requesting cca that would really be interesting,,,,hmme

will be back later,,,,thanks angel x

Hi Angel

Just popping on here to see how you doing! That sounds a good idea to cca lewis and will be very interesting to see what they come up with! Dont you let those **** get to you Luv from sunflower:)xx

Im happy to help with support and my own opinions but as i have no legal qualifications If I offer any thoughts to your problems please take it as from my life experience only and not of any legal standing. Always take further advice from the legal experts in your final action,

hiya all

am a bit confused,,,cos are cl finance and lewis group entwined,,,cos different letters arrive with diff names

so im thinking they are i think ive read they are

so as ive had a letter telling me that they will send out a person to visit so they can then inform their legal team and im to take it very very seriously,,,,

should i -

1. send a no visit to my home letter, no phone calls and only in writing..

2. Do not acknowledge any debt to their company, and what letter do i send?

3. or is a letter requesting my cca with 1.00 enclosed from this company now appropiate?

4. a previous letter did say i could send 10.00 for all info they hold on me,,,but ,,,,,,,,, rather do the cca route if that is more appropiate

what other info you need pls ask as this is my first dca so unsure still of proceedures,,,

am out for a bit will be back laters thanks angel x

hiya all

am a bit confused,,,cos are cl finance and lewis group entwined,,,cos different letters arrive with diff names

Apparently there is a link between these two.

so im thinking they are i think ive read they are

so as ive had a letter telling me that they will send out a person to visit so they can then inform their legal team and im to take it very very seriously,,,,

should i -

1. send a no visit to my home letter, no phone calls and only in writing..

Yes, send letter for no visits

2. Do not acknowledge any debt to their company, and what letter do i send?

Is there any chance you can either type up exactly what is in the letter or scan it in ? You certainly dont want to be acknowledging a debt to them so yes head your reply with I do not acknowledge any debt to your company.

This link will take you to a letter you can send

http://www.consumerforums.com/resources/templates-library/86-debt-collectors/574-letter-when-account-has-been-passed-on-whilst-agreement-request-is-in-dispute.html

3. or is a letter requesting my cca with 1.00 enclosed from this company now appropiate?

Have you already requested a CCA from the original creditor ?. If so, then you dont really need to request it from this crew.. A letter advising that the account is in dispute with the original creditor and you are surprised the account has been passed on to a third party should suffice.

4. a previous letter did say i could send 10.00 for all info they hold on me,,,but ,,,,,,,,, rather do the cca route if that is more appropiate

You only want to send a SAR request to the original creditor. It is unlikely they would pass over much paperwork to a third party so you will get nothing of any value from the DCA

what other info you need pls ask as this is my first dca so unsure still of proceedures,,,

am out for a bit will be back laters thanks angel x

:D

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

hiya citizenB

many thanks for your speedy reply and clarifications

so i will scan the letters when i get back in later today

just to update you this is one of the mbna ones that ive disputed with mbna about it not being clear copy of what they sent me of the credit agreement, which they just responded i had to send to fos,,,but i havent as yet,,,

,maybe i should say that this is still my dispute with mbna that what they have provided cannot be read legibly and am still awaiting on a clear and legible copy.....would this still render it as Being in Dispute? thanks

if so, then of course will act on that letter you linked me to,,,

speak later today cheers angel x

Hi Angel

I was referred to your thread by Lexis

OH has also an application form with illegible T and C

The application bit is legible but the T and C that are on a seperate sheet but are ' supposed ' to be on the back are 95% illegible.

How can that be if they were scanned or photo copied at the same time ?

They have informed me that this is the best they can provide and they have fulfilled their obligations under S78.

Now threatening to get the ' legals ' in

• 1 month later...

hiya summerbreeze

sorry for my delay in responding got that many threads, lol

im going to give you a link cos there is that many probs with mbna they are truely horrible mine have been sold on to dca's now

arghhhhhh

anyway will link you something in a bit for you to look at laters okay

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/debt-collection-industry/196098-mbna-agreements-application-forms.html

laters just for viewing for the time being, but it shows what others here are getting and going through

laters angel x

Edited by angel_1
added the link for viewing

Hi Angel!

Just popping on to see how you are getting on! I am glad you are still giving them a good old fight:DKeep your chin up! Luv sunflower:)xx

• 3 months later...

HELLO ALL

sorry caps on,,,, not shouting,,,,

been offline a while and i must tell you just the usual threats from these

but in a few weeks time i will be back on the case, so to speak,

so will update you all then

have a fun day and thanks for looking in

laters angel x:)