Child Born 1986-2003 ?? Children's tax of up to £1058 - Anyone any info

jaxads
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5601 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi, ive just stumbled across this forum/thread, Im usually found loitering with the debt collection bods. My child was born 2001, having read up tho it seems I wont be able to claim as Ive missed a deadline even though I didnt know about the right to claim til now anyway - is this correct?

Just in case it helps anyone here, I am in dispute with the tax credit office anyway. They are claiming back overpaymetns from me but tell me I cannot claim for the child care capacity even though they had the info, they just didnt act on it for 2005/2006 although they did for 2006/2007.

Apparently the European Court for Human Rights Article 6 states that both parties have to be allowed `Equal Alms`. ie if they can claim back from me for that year then I can claim off them for that same year or they will be in breach of your article 6 rights.

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi BW - have just seen your post. I've not got a scanner so am not able to upload and email. However, I would be able to fax if you wanted to pm me a fax number. jaxads x

jaxads

Halifax - £2281, successfully refunded all charges after LBA letter & telephone call.

Have been offered the difference between the £20 and £12 charges from Capital One -- am sending LBA for remainder.

GE Money - Received settlement of £441, being total charges requested. No interest though.

CCA'd Bank of Scotland / Blair Oliver Scott to produce CCA Agreements on two Credit Cards - well in default, although still chasing payment!!!

EOS Solutions "ceased action on account" on behalf of a friend.

All in all, quite busy at the moment and enjoying every minute of it
:eek:

Update on the thread - I spoke to our tax office yesterday who are still working on post for the end of February - so they're about 8 weeks behind .......:rolleyes:

jaxads

Halifax - £2281, successfully refunded all charges after LBA letter & telephone call.

Have been offered the difference between the £20 and £12 charges from Capital One -- am sending LBA for remainder.

GE Money - Received settlement of £441, being total charges requested. No interest though.

CCA'd Bank of Scotland / Blair Oliver Scott to produce CCA Agreements on two Credit Cards - well in default, although still chasing payment!!!

I finally got round to posting a letter to them on Monday asking if I am entitled to this money, so I shall prepare myself for a very long wait then:rolleyes:

Also I have just found this site:

TaxCredits.org.uk

It also has a claim form on there you can download and fill in but I had already sent a letter to them when I found the site so I shall see what they say first.

Good luck all with your claims:)

Penny.

Yes -- that's the form you fill in if you want a company to act on your behalf and they charge you £97 if you're successful :eek:

jaxads

In reply to post 25 I found this little bit of info a while ago when i was looking for figures etc:

Youth Information Child Tax Credit (CTC)

It does mention families with seperate parents, etc. Hope it gives you a little bit of info.

Kerrie

Settled at 50%

Clydesdale £155. Should have been £310 charges, plus interest :( Husbands Account.

SETTLED IN FULL:

MBNA £1230. For Hubby.

Halifax £39.

RBS £342. For Hubby.

Cap One £200.

Abbey:

:D Settled in FULL April 18th 2007. £5179.83 Paid but what a long battle!

:D

COMPENSATION OF £100 ON 14/04/08 FOR CONTINUED HARASSEMENT.

• 2 weeks later...

Good luck all -- I've just rang tax office again and they're still way behind .............

jaxads

Hi jaxads, can you tell me what code the form is? Is it still 11CTC?

This could be a godsend, been trying to scrape for money for driving lessons so maybe????

Dipply75

I am in no way a legal advisor and only speak from my own experiences and the helpful advice of those in the same boat! :p

Hi - yes it was the 11CTC.

Good luck (both with relcaiming the tax and with the driving lessons!!)

jaxads

• 2 weeks later...

Still no joy with mine and its been 4 months now. I have spoken on the telephone with my MP's case worker and she is looking into it but I have had no feedback from her yet. I also faxed a complaint for them to deal with but that'll probably take another 2 weeks to be put on the system aswell!!

I will post when I hear anything back from the MP.

Have any of the people who sent letters around the same time as me (January) heard or recieved anything yet???

Thanks.

Settled at 50%

Clydesdale £155. Should have been £310 charges, plus interest :( Husbands Account.

SETTLED IN FULL:

MBNA £1230. For Hubby.

Halifax £39.

RBS £342. For Hubby.

Cap One £200.

Abbey:

:D Settled in FULL April 18th 2007. £5179.83 Paid but what a long battle!

:D

COMPENSATION OF £100 ON 14/04/08 FOR CONTINUED HARASSEMENT.

I've tried ringing our tax office again, but the lines are all busy -- with a message to ring back later -- I'll bet they're busily dealing with all our claims :D. I think they need to employ more staff :rolleyes:

jaxads

I've just read this thread, and as my daughter was born in 1987 and I was working during the relevent years I thought I'd ring the tax office and check whether I had received this.

What a waste of a very long phone call.............lots of annoying music.....then the tax office said I didn't need them but another department....so I was put through to them, lots more annoying music. Then lots more security questions, then I was asked when I received my last CTC payment, I said I didn't know...she couldn't answer my query unless I answered this. I again explained that I wanted to know if I was eligible for the refund or whether my tax code had been adjusted. I was told to phone the company and ask them.......what company? I asked. The company who told you about this, there is no company I stated. Well said she, you need to ask them...ask who? says me. The company says she....WHAT COMPANY? I was getting a little fractious now!

She then stated that whatever was published in the newspaper was not from them....I said oh just forget it you obviously don't have any understanding of what I'm talking about.

So 35 minutes later I'm none the wiser, but as stressed as hell :mad:

Hi Borisbeaver --- how long did it take?? I still cannot get through to our local office - constantly engaged!!!

jaxads

Well I have just come across this also I gave my local office a call and have been advised of my tax code and that I should put in a claim with the youngest child date of birth along with p60 however if I can not find this include it in the letter I have been asked to write and will start a new thread should I receive a responce.... every lil bit counts;)

I'm fighting back and ready to go :D who will be my first victim? LBL, Brighthouse.

..."If you have no confidence in self, you are twice defeated in the race of life."

I am not here to insult or offend...just to offer advice and seek advice as all this is a learning experience, such is the cycle of life...for those that would wish to insult me for my thoughts or deeds...Stay Blessed for I know my heart is pure with no ill thought towards YOU. :cool:

Nationwide Won:D Benefits returned £577

:) Just come across this and have three kids two of which born 96 and 98 and have no idea what tax code hubby was on during 2002-03. Can you just fill in the form CTC11 and they will find out when processing or do I need the info before hand. Where do you get this form from, can I just phone up local tax office and request one from them. thanks in advance.

Hi - phone up your local tax office. Mine couldn't send me a form, as they didn't have them any more, but said for me to collect one from another local tax office (which was closer to me anyway:confused:). They only had one form left!!

I didn't put in a tax code or send off a P60 - mind you, I did that on 16 April and still haven't heard anything back -- will have to give them another ring I think.

good luck x

jaxads

Does it matter that I wasn't the one working and it was my hubby, tax office won't tell me about him but will they still now about this refund claim thingy and know what forms i need to fill and send. i know the number of his local office cos had to phone them yesterday about P60 details it miles away from us.

Well just phoned them and told they no longer have forms and any claim for this had to be in writing. Just to send a letter detailing hubby details, NI number, date of birth address etc dates of births of the kids I want to claim for and send it to them and they would do the rest. So get that sent tomorrow and see what happens. Prob find out we have already had this allowance but if we haven't then be nice to get something back for a change. :)

You would send the letter to your local tax office. However, I finally managed to speak to someone yesterday -- who told me that I'd already had my allowance!! She confirmed my tax code on the phone there and then - she said she couldn't understand why the last person I spoke to didn't tell me the same. Saves the waiting as the tax office is about 8 weeks behind with its post!

jaxads