Greenwoods and Moorcroft

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5872 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello again "superstars on the internet"

Around 6 years ago, I started taking out loans with Greenwoods. Obviously with me being a young mum, I loved having extra money with only having to pay back £5 a week. Anyway, being young and stupid, everytime the agent offered me more money, I accepted.

What I didn't understand at the time, was that he was combining the previous balance outstanding with the new one, then adding the stupid interest. (In effect, putting interest on top of interest, on top of interest)

The agent was a bit weird, and I started feeling very uncomfortable when he came round. I started to avoid him. He was even walking around the back of the house to look for evidence that I was in the house, then shouting through the letter box that he knew I was in there. I rang Greenwoods, and stated my concerns and asked if there was any way I could have a different agent. To no avail.....

I knew it was going to happen, but they sent my account to Moorcroft, who have threatened me with all sorts. (You've all seen the type of stuff they send out)

I'm currently paying them £20 a month, but even that's too much for me. They threaten me with door-step callers if I don't make the payments every month. I have about £350 currently owing on the account.

Would it be worth my while sending a CCA request to Moorcroft? Even if it was just to let them know I know my rights, and won't be bullied by them?

I know I signed everytime for a loan, but what are the chances they'll actually supply one?

Thanks in advance for any replies, no matter how big or small

Andie xx

oh you poor soul.

right well dont worry too much about the threats, moorcroft are a DCA and as such have NO legal powers at all, they cannot send anyone around without you express invitation and there is plenty of info inthe dca forum about what to do regarding this threat [just search for door step callers or such like].

as for the cca , there is little past knowledge i can find quickly on here about if its worth it, like you say, you signed agreements everytime, dont know how this fairs toward avoiding paying etc.

to you £350 is obviously alot of money, other than borrowing from a relative, i dont know really what to suggest.

hope someone else comes along with a better idea and help.

keep you chin up

we are all with you.

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Hi

Here is the letter about doorstep callers,(one of the great letters I found on this forum) I used this when they said that they was sending someone to my door.

---------------------

Dear xxxx

Account Ref xxxx

Please be advised that I will only communicate with you in writing. I have noted your repeated attempts to contact me by telephone over the past few weeks/months and these have been duly logged by time and date.

Furthermore, should it be your intention to arrange a “doorstep call”, please be advised that under OFT rules, you can only visit me at my home if you make an appointment and I have no wish to make an appointment with you.

There is only an implied license under English Common Law for people to be able to visit me on my property without express permission; the postman and people asking for directions etc (Armstrong v. Sheppard and Short Ltd [1959] 2 Q.B. per Lord Evershed M.R.). Therefore take note that I revoke license under Common Law for you, or your representatives to visit me at my property and if you do so, then you will be liable to damages for a tort of trespass and action will be taken, including but not limited to, police attendance.

Yours faithfully/sincerely,

---------------------------

You may want to edit it as I'm not sure if you have been receiving phone calls from them.

Someone else will be able to assist you more about the CCA.

Hope this helps

Wikkitt

I have always found greenwoods as a very good company for myself and family and friends etc. when the going get tough thay have always accepted lower payments etc. they recently wrote off my sisters debt with them as she became serioulsy ill at christmas and would not be able to make payments etc due to health.

if you seriously cannot afford £20 a month then complete an income and exp sheet and send it to moorcroft along with the revised payment.

greenwoods are normally spot on with their agreements and certainly would not have given you a loan without one.

You can cca them but i doubt very much if this will help you in anyway.

there is a tmeplate for inc/exp

idax

Please contact a member of the site team if you are offered help off the forum for a a paid or no win no fee service.

Please consider making a small donation to help keep this site running

Click here to donate through PayPal (opens in a new window)

I have never heard of "Greenwoods"... but regardless of whether they're supposedly a good company or not.... they don't have the account now. Moorcroft do...

As such, they need to prove that they have a legal right to collect upon it, so CCA them to find out. Do not sign the request; initial it.... enclose a postal order for the £1 fee (not a cheque) and send off by rec. delivery. Keep the receipt.

If Moorcroft have not furnished you with the Agreement within 12 working days from receipt, stop paying. No need to tell them why... they have enough experience of CCA requests to know the answer...

Yes they have high apr but i was meaning folk that have taken out loans with the company if circumstances change they do agree to reduced payments etc

Please contact a member of the site team if you are offered help off the forum for a a paid or no win no fee service.

Please consider making a small donation to help keep this site running

Click here to donate through PayPal (opens in a new window)

Yes they have high apr but i was meaning folk that have taken out loans with the company if circumstances change they do agree to reduced payments etc

With an APR at that kind of level, I imagine they could !! :rolleyes:

You have to remember that when circumstances change, repayments are not about what a company is "willing" to agree to, they're based upon what you can genuinely afford. Companies often try and tell you otherwise because they want faster repayments, that's all.

P1.

Greenwoods parent company is Provident. They are a bad company as they operate just the same way that provident do harrassement etc.

I am fully aware of how greenwoods operate as we had a loan with them and the agent threaten my partner with his life and mine and our new born baby in front of our health visitorshe went mad. It was only because i was in labour and they came to the door and got no answer.

Needless to say it is 4 years plus since i heard from them.

OFT debt collection guidance

Please remember the only stupid question is the one you dont ask so dont worry about asking the stupid questions.

Essex girl in pc world looking 4 curtains 4 her pc,the assistant says u dont need curtains 4 a computer!!Essex girl says,''HELLOOO!! i,ve got WINDOWS!!'.

P1.

Greenwoods parent company is Provident. They are a bad company as they operate just the same way that provident do harrassement etc.

I am fully aware of how greenwoods operate as we had a loan with them and the agent threaten my partner with his life and mine and our new born baby in front of our health visitorshe went mad. It was only because i was in labour and they came to the door and got no answer.

Needless to say it is 4 years plus since i heard from them.

Bl*&dy H*ll, GM !!! :eek::mad:

That's appalling !!.... :mad:

oh my god!!

Im shocked. I did some temping work for them for a little while and one of my jobs was to input the agreements - they will have them, theyre filed meticulously. (I had to do that as well - the joys of temping!!)

I only worked for them for 6 weeks... judging by what ive read on here that was quite long enough....

THE PRETENDER AGENDA - August 30,2008 - 2ND ROW!!! WOO-HOO!! :-)

THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR A FAB NITE LEE! xx

Sunderland 011008 - THE BEST BIRTHDAY PRESSIE EVER! 'Aww, it's your birthday! Happy birthday darlin!'

02 Apr 2008, 23:55

OfficialLeeRyan wrote:

i like that!! its simple and good and gets the fans involved aswell x x x

MY SUCCESSES -

1st Credit (Lloyds TSB) admitted no CCA, reply from OFT 130608, reply from FOS 040608, adjudication stage rejected but still no contact....

My mate (Littlewoods/Moorcroft)

300608 -Long running battle,threatening court, CCA letter NO 2 and harrassment letter sent - passed back to Littlewoods early July.

070808 - Passed to Debt Managers, Acct in dispute/BOG OFF letter sent 080808...

140808 - Letter from Debt Managers passing debt back to Littlewoods - RESULT! :D

Copyright © Provident Financial Management Services Ltd 2005. Written credit quotations are available on request. Available to UK residents aged 18* and over (*subject to change). Applications subject to acceptance. Calls may be recorded. Greenwood Personal Credit Limited. Registered Office: Colonnade, Sunbridge Road, Bradford, BD1 2LQ. Registered Number 125150 England. Greenwood Visa Card is issued by Vanquis Bank Limited. Vanquis Bank can be contacted at its registered office, which is at Colonnade, Sunbridge Road, Bradford BD1 2LQ. Registered Number 2558509 England. Vanquis Bank Limited is authorised and regulated by the Financial Services Authority

Please remember the only stupid question is the one you dont ask so dont worry about asking the stupid questions.

Essex girl in pc world looking 4 curtains 4 her pc,the assistant says u dont need curtains 4 a computer!!Essex girl says,''HELLOOO!! i,ve got WINDOWS!!'.

About us

A reputation for solid, sensible credit; that puts people in control

Greenwood Personal Credit is part of the Provident Financial group of companies. Our customers' needs are serviced by 10,000 agents nationwide who deliver a friendly door-to-door service.

In fact, many agents were customers before working with Greenwood Personal Credit, so they know customers circumstances and can judge their ability to take on a loan and make the repayments.

• 95% of customers are satisfied with Greenwood Personal Credit*
  • You can rely on our offer to be trustworthy and transparent
  • Agents receive commission based on how much they collect, not on how much they lend. So it's not in their interest to offer more than customers can afford to repay
  • There are no hidden charges for administration fees, introductory fees or penalty charges, which other lenders may charge you for separately
  • We lend responsibly. We only lend what we believe people can afford to pay
  • Customers always know what they owe. The amount owed under the credit agreement never goes up and every pound you repay reduces the total amount owed by a pound

As a member of the Consumer Credit Association, Greenwood Personal Credit submits to voluntary regulation through a code of practice, providing customers with the extra reassurance of knowing that this additional protection exists.

Interested in working for Greenwood? Click here to find out more

providentlogo.gifwindow.pngVisit our corporate website to find out more about the Provident Financial group.

* Source: Customer research (commissioned by Greenwood Personal Credit), carried out by Quaestor RMS - an independent research company, September 2005.

rpflogo.gifwindow.pngVisit Real Personal Finance to apply for

a larger loan that is repayable by direct debit.

Don't just take our word for it, have a look at how our customers rate us.

I bet they have only submitted the Good /brilliant customer ratings

the money was took out with them in 2003 so i am just waiting till 2010 and i will be able to say fcuk off SB.

This is because i think payments were made in 2004 but cant remember.

I asked for a new agent and was told they get a fine of £100 for collecting on sombody elses round and day unless the agent is ill or something.

The police were called buy my HV and she demanded they do something. i think the agent was arrested but we have heard no more so it doe not matter.

its the same for provident tho