Inside a DCA!

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4906 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

If they were just using the site to glean some kind of weapon to use in the future, then I think OTB will have left here somewhat shaken. This forum shows better, and infinitely more accurate advice when given from the 'receiving' end of the DCA industry.

Wherever OTB is, they are in a far darker place than we are.......we are the enlightened ones!

xx

• Replies 871
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

we always new that DCAs spy its cause they no they are wrong and were are rite as usual.

OFT debt collection guidance

Please remember the only stupid question is the one you dont ask so dont worry about asking the stupid questions.

Essex girl in pc world looking 4 curtains 4 her pc,the assistant says u dont need curtains 4 a computer!!Essex girl says,''HELLOOO!! i,ve got WINDOWS!!'.

I think thee interesting thing about all this forum banter and exchanging views between us actually strips the truth to the bones. We have the experience of letters from DCA's, phone calls, the answers, responses, reactions, and nobody totally relies upon one person for the advice. It is spread all over the place in thousands of threads, so nobody can deny the experience we all have. As JonCris states, any DCA coming on here, no matter how well intentioned will be hung drawn a quartered once their 'professional' views begin to unfold. I must admit, having worked in the credit industry myself for some years and I do know a little about DCA's ( :eek:) OTB did begin to expose quiet alot more than I expected until the obviously pre-planned agenda began to kick in. To the likes of we older shower who have been on here for 2+ yrs seeing this day in day out (gotta get a life!) these tactics stick out like sore thumbs..the credit people don't like the way we respond so get hacked off and run...but asElizabeth1 states, he came back for months after ...just shows how addictive we all are! :p

Sarah

addictive were not addictive...............................................does anyone have the number for rehab?

OFT debt collection guidance

Please remember the only stupid question is the one you dont ask so dont worry about asking the stupid questions.

Essex girl in pc world looking 4 curtains 4 her pc,the assistant says u dont need curtains 4 a computer!!Essex girl says,''HELLOOO!! i,ve got WINDOWS!!'.

addictive were not addictive...............................................does anyone have the number for rehab?

LOL - I mean't they were addicted to us - not us addicted to CAG - whatever next woman? - I mean it's ten to one in the morning and I'm still here ! :D

rehab...? good idea....mmm...where's yellow pages? !! :p

LOL - I mean't they were addicted to us - not us addicted to CAG - whatever next woman? - I mean it's ten to one in the morning and I'm still here ! :D

rehab...? good idea....mmm...where's yellow pages? !! :p

Ermm...I think I may need that number...It's 04.30, oops...

Of course, this thread did not show the numerous PM's zipping back and forwards between us "oldies" long before he revealed himself - we knew he was going to, we just were sitting back and waiting for the obvious.

DCA's DO read these threads. i haven't said anything before, although the site team are aware of it, but I received a letter from Clarity stating that they "have been intrigued and interested in some of your postings on the internet" and inviting me to a meeting. Strangely, this was after I had posted about my panic attack and other problems in the bear garden, showing what a fragile state I was in. I am sure this is purely coincidental, however. Bankfodder kindly phoned me and the site team looked through my posts for me, stating there was nothing wrong as far as they could see in my posts. I've subsequently received another letter stating disappointment in my lack of contact. Again, this frightened me a great deal (it normally wouldn't, but hey, I'm only human and have a nervous system on overdrive at the minute). Confidence is slowly returning, however, and I have written a letter today stating I do not intend to enter into any further correspondence until I receive a fully enforceable CCA. I am also reporting them to the OFT, FOS and TS for continuing to pursue the debt without this. Now, if I listened to someone who worked in a DCA, do you think THEY would give me that advice and support?

The point is, threads are read by DCA's. I'm sure others on here have received letters from them. I'm sure, unwittingly, we have read posts and thought they were there to help. Always good to keep an open mind, but your sixth sense will scream at you after making 2,000 posts or so as to when someone is not exactly being straight.

Edited by tiglet
  • Haha 1

All help is merely my opinion only - please seek legal advice if you need to as I am only qualified in SEN law.

Thanks Andrwe1 for making me cry!

I love you guys too - hope the DCA's can see how we will all stick together and support our own, whether they are the one's dishing out the advice or asking for it.

All help is merely my opinion only - please seek legal advice if you need to as I am only qualified in SEN law.

Tiglet, you'll never be alone my friend. You of all people have helped so many. If you're taking a break enjoy it. Don't let these people get at you, you never have to drop to their level and life is too precious to let them get the better of you.

The spirit of the people coming on here is always with you. Go refresh yourself, take a breath and enjoy the life out there.

Thanks for being there for so many.

S

By the way, some little birdie told me that Ken Maynard has built himself a Swimming Pool and extension in his new abode - maybe he's preparing for the Cabot Fan Club to come Visit - I'll send you an invite when mine arrives - you'll have to bring your cozzie though!

Edited by andrew1

Can't we skinny dip?

I have been considering for sometime having "Statute Barred" tatooed on one buttock and "CCA 1974" on the other.

:D That would be funny...

You also mentioned the DCA's quoting from CAG posts, let me tell you of one situation that happened to one of the Fan Club. The solicitors took him/her to court over an alleged debt which was being defended. The Fan Clubber presented the court with a very precise and professional looking defence document which the judge commented on. The solicitor for the DCA pulled out a copy which had been posted on CAG and told the judge that the defendant hadn't got a clue as the defence had been copied off the internet which had been posted on CAG by XXXX (username). To the judges amusement the defendant then claimed " your honour, I AM -XXXX !!and I created the document and posted it :D

Needless to say the Judge sent the solicitor running tail firmly between his legs, awarded costs against the DCA and closed the case!

So they do read these, even the solicitors. A warning to everyone.

:D

• Haha 2

Indeed - but, if what you are saying is the truth and you are prepared to stand by it, then there is no need to be scared.

It is intimidating to be told your posts have been viewed - but hey? What do we expect? Go on - view 'em. Bring them up in court. Go for it. I'll show a few of my own. At the end of the day, what it will prove to a judge is that members are willing and able to seek help and use that help positively.

Do you know what? posting on here tonight, I do feel a fraction of my old self again. I may even bog off for a bit and help some newbies with some simple stuff (I think my brain can just about cope with that!).

• Haha 1

Yes Tiglet that IS the whole ethos of CAG and why it is so powerful. Thousands of people come on here, not all post, but they read and take away with them what we are putting up for view. They then pass this down the line with their challenges to the DCA's and Banks and can you imagine how this multiplies up?

Just take the CCA requests for example, we in the Fan Club got a ribbing from DCA's and some mods on here for pushing people to ask for copies of Agreements. Nobody could see the relevance of them, but to a DCA the additional admin from tens of thousands of people has highlighted the fact that these DCA's don't have them before turning on the pressure. It's a vital peice of the legal process and they go threatening legal action on people when they don't even see sight of them - they do now! Now, they are being pressurised like never before to act. Just like the Default notice arguments by finlander et al. As he say's, these are markers, temporary indicators to other lenders that a person is to be litigated against for not paying. They are not CCJ's but have the same effect, 6 yrs on your credit file and the companies have often settled the account long before and never take legal action, so why have the default left there? People are paying millions above what they should for these defaults that should never be there. It's the likes of this message we have all been passing down the line to the masses which is changing the whole industry and I for one am proud of doing what I have to change the face of the Debt Collection industry through the Cabot Fan Club feck em!. There's a long way to go, but it has truly had an effect and they don't like it.

You take it easy, a few deep breaths of fresh air for a week or two won't do you any harm, then you'll get your old self fully back.

I once sat in a big meeting in my business bank with 7 dignitaries around me Accountants, bank lawyers et al, trying to drum out a deal to save £170,000.....this was in the '80's so a lot of money, you could cut the atmosphere with a knife because my auditor didn't arrive who was a crucial player in orchestrating the deal. deadly silence reigned and I quipped up " Don't know what all the fuss is about, it's only numbers" - it broke the ice and taught me a very good lesson - anything you worry about on finances " is only numbers" - important I know, but they'll never take me away from me and I will always come back......saves me worrying when things are put into perspective. ;)

• Haha 1

I wonder what the response will be to that ..

Although, if I get the SD set aside, it may be funny to do just that ...

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/debt-collection-industry/155477-sd-receivec-post-day.html

• Haha 1

:D That would be funny...

You also mentioned the DCA's quoting from CAG posts, let me tell you of one situation that happened to one of the Fan Club. The solicitors took him/her to court over an alleged debt which was being defended. The Fan Clubber presented the court with a very precise and professional looking defence document which the judge commented on. The solicitor for the DCA pulled out a copy which had been posted on CAG and told the judge that the defendant hadn't got a clue as the defence had been copied off the internet which had been posted on CAG by XXXX (username). To the judges amusement the defendant then claimed " your honour, I AM -XXXX !!and I created the document and posted it :D

Needless to say the Judge sent the solicitor running tail firmly between his legs, awarded costs against the DCA and closed the case!

So they do read these, even the solicitors. A warning to everyone.

:D

That made me laugh!!!

• Haha 1

FSA Waiver on Bank Charges:http://www.fsa.gov.uk/pages/Doing/Regulated/Notify/Waiver/pdf/dir_quart_0709.pdf

If the law says you can request documents, than that is that, it is undisputable ( even if Craprot say that they are not bound by it !)

If they ( the DCA's) cannot conform to the request, well that is their miss-fortune, they should be more accurate in their aquisitions.

Some may say that by persuing this path of questiion is morally wrong, but I would equate the simile of Tax Evasion and Tax avoidance!

It has been remarked on before and in other listings, if the DCA's behaved in a proper and correct manner, they might have better results, it is totally unaccepatble to behave like foul mouthed, undisciplined hooligans.

If they beved as thet did in public, they would be assuredly arrested, chargeds and punished under The Public Order Act amongst others for starters.

So get a recodring device for those telephone calls, and be prepared to use them against these vermin

Rant over

If the law says you can request documents, than that is that, it is undisputable ( even if Craprot say that they are not bound by it !)

If they ( the DCA's) cannot conform to the request, well that is their miss-fortune, they should be more accurate in their aquisitions.

Some may say that by persuing this path of questiion is morally wrong, but I would equate the simile of Tax Evasion and Tax avoidance!

It has been remarked on before and in other listings, if the DCA's behaved in a proper and correct manner, they might have better results, it is totally unaccepatble to behave like foul mouthed, undisciplined hooligans.

If they beved as thet did in public, they would be assuredly arrested, chargeds and punished under The Public Order Act amongst others for starters.

So get a recodring device for those telephone calls, and be prepared to use them against these vermin

Rant over

you are not the first to rant and won't be the last. Get it off your chest amongst friends. There has been a common theme amongst DCA's that they can behave as they choose because they are the angels and you owe money therefore an infidel. WRONG - and now they are beginning to learn that there are laws they have to abide by and they just keep on breaking them. Just use the law when dealing with them and they will eventually learn, long process because once thick - always thick, when they start recruiting intelligent beings with a degree of nous between their ears then maybe, just maybe we might begin to have half decent conversations with them.

There are many case laws which clearly state that if creditors cannot be bothered to get their agreements right then they deserve to lose the booty. Dca's are starting to understand the meaning of that where it hurts - in their pockets especially now so many DCA's are buying debt and the agreements belong to them AS THE NEW CREDITORS!

Rant on....

Agree 100%. If it had not been for the greed and unspeakable behaviour of the DCAs I would never have found CAG and would have probably still been paying them. In my case they seemed unable to differentiate between 'can't pay' and 'won't pay' and instead of letting them ruin my life, I turned the tables:D

BANK CHARGES

Nat West Bus Acct £1750 reclaim - WON

LTSB Bus Acct £1650 charges w/o against o/s balance - WON

Halifax Pers Acct £1650 charges taken from benefits - WON

Others

GE Money sec loan - £1900 in charges - settlement agreed

GE Money sec loan - ERC of £2.5K valid for 15 years - on standby

FirstPlus - missold PPI of £20K for friends - WON