BEWARE the PM'ing DCA's

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5737 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

This to all 'experienced advicers' on CAG,

Would just like to mention that a number of us (no names mentioned) have recently been receiving PM's from so called 'newbies' asking for certain information about our own cases with DCA's, information about certain companies and certain CCA/S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) regulations etc etc. By the simple nature of these PM's, it is our belief that these 'newbies' could well be MIB - just be on your guard.

Just hate every DCA out there

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks - will do - this is a bit intelligent for the DCA's:p

BANK CHARGES

Nat West Bus Acct £1750 reclaim - WON

LTSB Bus Acct £1650 charges w/o against o/s balance - WON

Halifax Pers Acct £1650 charges taken from benefits - WON

Others

GE Money sec loan - £1900 in charges - settlement agreed

GE Money sec loan - ERC of £2.5K valid for 15 years - on standby

FirstPlus - missold PPI of £20K for friends - WON

This is yet another reason why you should not deal with people via PM and keep things on the open forum. If you do receive PM's from newbies I would recommend that you inform them to post on the open forum. DCA's and those who are only here to disrupt are usually very quickly exposed.

HAVE YOU BEEN TREATED UNFAIRLY BY CREDITORS OR DCA's?

BEWARE OF CLAIMS MANAGEMENT COMPANIES OFFERING TO WRITE OFF YOUR DEBTS.

Please note opinions given by rory32 are offered informally as a lay-person in good faith based on personal experience. For legal advice, you must always consult a registered and insured lawyer.

• 5 months later...

thanks and I agree ..since I am a newbies who have only yesterday dug out the courage to deal with the issues - someone ask me to PM them or post open - how do i know if these people are from DCA?? Anyway, I have PM and just hope all goes well .... a charge has been put on my property ...my worries is whether they will force me to sell house to repay debt ..lost and confused and highly stress out ..

I've had a few possible candidates, but have kept my replies nice and vague...

There's not much they could do to me anyway, to be honest.... so I don't know what they're hoping to achieve. Bezzy mates maybe ?:D

Poor things probably don't have any decent friends which is one of the reasons they may be coming here. It must be like a beggar looking in through a window of a family/friendly home at xmas :-|

• Haha 1

This is worrying as I have put some quite specific information on the forums here when Ive asked for help!

Advice given is my opinion only, I am not a legal or financial expert (far from it).

Guest forgottenone

Oooh ... no surprise to me ... 2 newbies same week PMed me about nothing in particular ... never opened them, either, but kept them in the inbox for later reference ... so I now have a rule. I won't open PMs unless they are from admin/mods or users been on here a while.

MONX. DCAs/creditors always watch this site ... I know for a fact 2 of mine have. Because of certain events which took place straight afterwards. ;)

I think I will BUMP this one up as it is worth saying again so that newbies are aware of a practice that may happen on CAG. If you do receive anything of this nature or are PM'd for advice, suggest that they post their issue on the open forum or PM Site Team with the contents of the PM(bit the forward button and the message will be sent with it).

FSA Waiver on Bank Charges:http://www.fsa.gov.uk/pages/Doing/Regulated/Notify/Waiver/pdf/dir_quart_0709.pdf

This new and rather sinister activity from DCAs doesn't surprise me one bit. Thanks for warning us :)

edit: now that you mention it, I have noticed some posts from new users which seem to have similar structure, tone and titles...including attempts to get other users to share details of their specific cases.

Edited by mexico86

No matter who they are or what they do or dont know - they are still powerless to obtain money off you unless via a county court smile.gif

Yes but a certain Lowlife DCA did infact produce a complete print off of a thread from this site in a court action against one of our members. Thats why I keep my details vague in any posts now.

Of course I will pay you everything you say I owe with no proof.

Oooh Look....Flying Pigs

Yes but a certain Lowlife DCA did infact produce a complete print off of a thread from this site in a court action against one of our members. Thats why I keep my details vague in any posts now.

Not sure how this would be to their advantage though... unless it was another very poor last ditch attempt to intimidate :-?.

You can always give them the Mushroom Treatment.

Dare i ask what that is?

And do you reckon the DCA's are that clever or do you reckon they have passed this "project" on to thier legal dept:D

All comments are well meant but i am not legally qualified only CAG educated:D

In the slight chance i have been helpful please click the scales:)

My humble apologises cant believe i even suggested that:-o

All comments are well meant but i am not legally qualified only CAG educated:D

In the slight chance i have been helpful please click the scales:)