Cheekiness towards a DCA

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4991 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Guest Orwell72

The guy on the far right looks like he's just realised he's forgoten something ................................

.................. maybe that he was due to be on "Field duties" this morning

• Replies 8.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Hi,

Apparently I am having a visit from Cabot on Thursday. I have taken the day off work especially, so they had better turn up.

So, do any of you have any suggestions of what to say to them?

Do they prefer tea or coffee? Or maybe something a bit stronger!

How many sugars do they take? What is their favourite cake? Or would they like some nice biscuits?

Jeff.

Hi,

Apparently I am having a visit from Cabot on Thursday. I have taken the day off work especially, so they had better turn up.

So, do any of you have any suggestions of what to say to them?

Do they prefer tea or coffee? Or maybe something a bit stronger!

How many sugars do they take? What is their favourite cake? Or would they like some nice biscuits?

Jeff.

I do hope you have told them that you expect this caller to visit with a properly executed agreement and that if they don't show up (or show up with out the agreement) you will take them to court for loss of earnings???????

• Haha 1

If my advice has been helpful please feel free to click on my scales :grin:

Creditors and DCAs - Letter Templates & Budget Planner (CCA request letter N)and other templates)

Debt Collection Agencies & Statutory Demands, a few strategies

Abbey charges, Won

B-card non-disclosure of S.A.R, WON £30 costs awarded

B-Card, court for harrasement, failed to defend WON £175 http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/general-debt-issues/125554-28-days-later-no.html#post1422508

B-Card charges, partial refund, still fighting

Vanquis-Cabot, GIVEN UP :lol:

HFC & my mum, no brainer, no CCA http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/general-debt-issues/133330-hfc-my-mum.html#post1404514

PLEASE donate to CAG however small. They are fighting for YOUR rights as a consumer. http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/

I have chuckel of mate of mine today, MrMarmite must be well known around the banks, they had a loan with PPI, i sent them a letter politley asking for a refund of £1701.28 begininng of april, they got a reply today saying they coughing up £1980 odd (abbey BTW)

not bad as it only cost mate £1.05 for recorded del letter :D

Creditors and DCAs - Letter Templates & Budget Planner (CCA request letter N)and other templates)

Abbey charges, Won

B-Card, court for harrasement, failed to defend WON £175 http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/general-debt-issues/125554-28-days-later-no.html#post1422508

HFC & my mum, no brainer, no CCA http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/general-debt-issues/133330-hfc-my-mum.html#post1404514

PLEASE donate to CAG however small. They are fighting for YOUR rights as a consumer. http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/

I do hope you have told them that you expect this caller to visit with a properly executed agreement and that if they don't show up (or show up with out the agreement) you will take them to court for loss of earnings???????

Yes! And it will cost about the same amount as they are trying to collect!

Loss of earnings + Inconvenience + extra for gas, electric etc + cost of boiling kettle + cost of coffee, tea, cake and biscuits etc!

Have I missed anything?

Jeff.

Maybe its more like Lord Lucan turning up riding Shergar!! :D

THE PRETENDER AGENDA - August 30,2008 - 2ND ROW!!! WOO-HOO!! :-)

THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR A FAB NITE LEE! xx

Sunderland 011008 - THE BEST BIRTHDAY PRESSIE EVER! 'Aww, it's your birthday! Happy birthday darlin!'

02 Apr 2008, 23:55

OfficialLeeRyan wrote:

i like that!! its simple and good and gets the fans involved aswell x x x

MY SUCCESSES -

1st Credit (Lloyds TSB) admitted no CCA, reply from OFT 130608, reply from FOS 040608, adjudication stage rejected but still no contact....

My mate (Littlewoods/Moorcroft)

300608 -Long running battle,threatening court, CCA letter NO 2 and harrassment letter sent - passed back to Littlewoods early July.

070808 - Passed to Debt Managers, Acct in dispute/BOG OFF letter sent 080808...

140808 - Letter from Debt Managers passing debt back to Littlewoods - RESULT! :D

Oh, and I will have CCTV recording the front of the house.

Just in case they pull the old "we called but you were out" trick!

My guess is they will not show up simply for the reason that its not in their best interest to.

The most they can do is ask you to pay - if you say no, then thats that really & they must leave your premises if you ask them to.

They certainly cannot take anything from your home thats for sure.

Unless you have the full amount to hand over to them - then its a total & utter complete waste of time for the DCA to visit your home :rolleyes:

should be interesting, can't wait till thurs, I had this once with a DCA, had post card through me box saying they will be calling, said what i said in me last post and got nice polite letter back saying they cancelled the visit :D

shame really coz it takes me at least 5 cups of tea for me to get going in the morning, it would "costa" bomb, BTW I said in me letter that i'll ask the caller to wait and watch me take out a summons via mcol so they could take a copy of the summons with them :lol:

Abbey charges, Won

Yes, I never really suspected that they will turn up. The point is they have said they will call, so I have taken a day off work! When I do them for costs etc, I asure they will try and claim that they actually called. It would simply be their word against mine. But I will have the proof that they didn't call!

Jeff.

i thought it was funny when the milkman turned up today and wanted £50 for a point of milk, told him its much cheaper in Tesco

A point of milk. Now that's proper West Country that is.

Fred

Before you criticise another man you should first walk a mile in his shoes. Then, when you criticise him, you'll be a mile away and he won't have any shoes on.

Don't get me confused with somebody knowledgeable by all those green blobs. I got most of them by making people laugh.

I am not European, I am English.

Yup, it's 2 mins down the road from me. Nice mess. 3 kids nicked it, 16 a 15 and a 14 year old. dunno how the cops gonna claim that on thier insurance

I know I'm a bit late on this, but that was in Hampshire. The police in Dorset still drive Morris minors.

Fred

Before you criticise another man you should first walk a mile in his shoes. Then, when you criticise him, you'll be a mile away and he won't have any shoes on.

Don't get me confused with somebody knowledgeable by all those green blobs. I got most of them by making people laugh.

I posted this on my MBNA thread on Friday. Perhaps I should have posted it here:

"Just had a call from MBNA. Bad mistake on their part. I was ironing at the time (no, I didn't burn my ear), but I always stick the music on full blast and the 'phone just happens to be by the speakers. So, feeling in the mood to p*** them off, I asked them to hold on for a minute and put the handset down right by one of the speakers. Then it occurred to me that I have the perfect song for them - Victoria Wood's brilliant 'Wanchors'. Picked it up at the end and lo and behold they'd gone!

I enjoyed that, think I'll go out for a pint to celebrate Friday when my wife gets home."

Regards to all.

Fred

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4991 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks