Cheekiness towards a DCA

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4981 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

4th floor, St Katharine's House,

21-27 St Katharine's Street,

Northampton

Northamptonshire

England

NN1 2LH

DX 702885 Northampton 7

Her Majesty's Courts Service - Home

this is were u can find out court info.

OFT debt collection guidance

Please remember the only stupid question is the one you dont ask so dont worry about asking the stupid questions.

Essex girl in pc world looking 4 curtains 4 her pc,the assistant says u dont need curtains 4 a computer!!Essex girl says,''HELLOOO!! i,ve got WINDOWS!!'.

• Replies 8.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

aint it bout time some one lost their tea towel again, or perhaps brought a new gingerbread "person"

• Haha 1

If my advice has been helpful please feel free to click on my scales :grin:

Creditors and DCAs - Letter Templates & Budget Planner (CCA request letter N)and other templates)

Debt Collection Agencies & Statutory Demands, a few strategies

Abbey charges, Won

B-card non-disclosure of S.A.R, WON £30 costs awarded

B-Card, court for harrasement, failed to defend WON £175 http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/general-debt-issues/125554-28-days-later-no.html#post1422508

B-Card charges, partial refund, still fighting

Vanquis-Cabot, GIVEN UP :lol:

HFC & my mum, no brainer, no CCA http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/general-debt-issues/133330-hfc-my-mum.html#post1404514

PLEASE donate to CAG however small. They are fighting for YOUR rights as a consumer. http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/

well we would do Mr M but i dont think the DCAs are calling anyone.

I know all we seem to be getting is calls asking to speak to XX person @XX prison.

I no there is a over crowding issue but when was a 2 bed house turned in to a prison and how much are they paying us.

All tho they also dont seem to get the message that the owner of the phone is my OH and not a prson person. Keep calling at all times a day ranging from 3am to about 7pm.

Please remember the only stupid question is the one you dont ask so dont worry about asking the stupid questions.

Essex girl in pc world looking 4 curtains 4 her pc,the assistant says u dont need curtains 4 a computer!!Essex girl says,''HELLOOO!! i,ve got WINDOWS!!'.

I am a recent member to this site and have been feeling very depresssed and anxious about my debts

I have luckily received sound advice from some wonderful people on here

I have spent most of tonight reading this thread (look at the time) and I have not laughed to much in ages...... Thanks to all posters on this thread for cheering my other-wise gloomy day. Reps awarded to all when system will allow me

Well I thought at least some-one would reply to me

Not to be OK - No Problem

**Hides back in the dark corner awaiting for the next DCA to ring

Well I thought at least some-one would reply to me

Not to be OK - No Problem

**Hides back in the dark corner awaiting for the next DCA to ring

Hi Vincent!!

Did you have a question that has gone unanswered? Cant find it.

By the wat if the rep was from you thanks very much and take one back!!

well we would do Mr M but i dont think the DCAs are calling anyone.

Cabot are calling me daily despite me serving them with a S10 Data Protection Letter.

well is that not harassement?

just give them one of your tea towel convos that should help them.

I like to confuse them.....

When they ask me my surname

I ask them which one do they want

Maiden, Married, Divorced, Bigamist,

Or living in sin (Do you want his surname)

It only works for females I think

But Im sure one of you blokes can come up with something better

I like to confuse them.....

When they ask me my surname

I ask them which one do they want

Maiden, Married, Divorced, Bigamist,

Or living in sin (Do you want his surname)

Bet it wears out their crayons writing all that lot down!:-)

Cabot are calling me daily despite me serving them with a S10 Data Protection Letter.

My s.10 notice had the same effect on Cabot i.e. none whatever. I suspect that all you can do is start proceedings to force them to comply or respond. They have an office not far from you and I, incidentally - it may be worth finding out if a complaint can be submitted to them.

ODC, why not send them an invoice for all your time etc and then get a DCA to chase up the nonpayment!!

All comments are well meant but i am not legally qualified only CAG educated:D

In the slight chance i have been helpful please click the scales:)

Excel that is a good one.

Dont think it will work as ODC wont get what money ODC wants for the debt as they buy them at a reduced rate and that would mean ODC losing moneyand i dont think ODC likes lossing money.

Hi, are there any good ways to be cheeky to DCAs in writing? Or cause them the maximum hassle possible?

Yes, use the law and when they don't comply, invoke their complaints procedure - when you are not satisfied with that, get the FOS involved (who will charge them for the privilege of investigating) and report them to TS.

That usually gives them a little headache.

All help is merely my opinion only - please seek legal advice if you need to as I am only qualified in SEN law.

I checked the FOS website and they say that in 2008-2009, the first 3 (or 4?) complaints each company has will be handled for free, thereafter each complaint will be 450 quid. I wonder how many complaints MC will have had so far this year...

Yes, use the law and when they don't comply, invoke their complaints procedure - when you are not satisfied with that, get the FOS involved (who will charge them for the privilege of investigating) and report them to TS.

That usually gives them a little headache.

Using the law against DCAs usually gives them a BIG headache because they dont know their Acts from their elbows:lol:

If not, i find the tea-towel query will always give them pause for thought.

All help is merely my opinion only - please seek legal advice if you need to as I am only qualified in SEN law.

were back on to the tea towel querys again are we?

Please remember when referring a complaint to FOS you must have submitted a formal complaint to the DCA/Creditor/relevant party and had it proceed through their internal complaints procdure first. Basically, this is because FOS is designed to be a FINAL arbiter for complaints, not the first port of call. Alternatively, should they not resolve your complaintt within 8 weeks (this includes refusals to respond) you can also register with FOS. The £450.00 charged by the way is payable whether the complaint is upheld or not.

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4981 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks