Wescot staff-rude

Tawnyowl
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5739 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Wescot rang- need to improve manners when talking to public.Unfortunately phone disconnected itself and cut the reptile off in full flow.Anybody else enjoy Wescots attitude when talking to fellow human beings.When she rang the second time i threw it into parrot cage and let them talk to each other for a good ten minutes couldnt believe it.Wish i had taped it.:D:D:roll::-);)

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

They attend courses on how to be assertive and call control, perhaps the difference between assertiveness and confrontationalism needs to be explained to them.
All of which is very good IF they can get speaking to you and you want to speak to them. Not much good if you keep saying ''IN WRITING ONLY'' and refuse to answer their security questions;-)

absolutely, standard rules apply, never speak to them on the phone.

If everyone was made aware of their rights and refused telephone communications, all of the little call centre drones would be out of work.

Such a shame all that training going to waste LOL

If everyone was made aware of their rights and refused telephone communications, all of the little call centre drones would be out of work./quote]

Or they would be employed choosing which threatogram to stuff into an envelope to send to you

Sent very strong letterto Wescot.They took a case on that had allready been settled.Has now gone very quiet.Found the letter on this site.

Nobody got any more comments on this bunch of idiots.

I think you have summed them up very well. I would get cagbotted for saying what I think about the people but I have serious doubts about their parentage.

Received letter from Wescot today- they seem to WORK very fast when sending letters out.

They have suspended all collection activity on the account while they investigate.

As their investigation requires them to contact their client this process may take SEVERAL weeks.

HAVE THEY NEVER HEARD OF THE PHONE- THEY ARE QUICK ENOUGH TO PHONE US.It would only take them 1 minute to clarify.

THEY MAKE ME SICK.

They have been well and truly beaten.XXXXHeads.

Happy Christmas to all -keep up the fight-comments or feelings about DCA

COMPANIES ALLWAYS WELCOME-I have enjoyed reading them and have had a good laugh.Please carry on.Tawnyowl.

• 3 months later...

Have had more dealings with Wescot.Virgin Media now use them.They pass accounts on to them very quickly when paying late.Get the usual polite letters from them.Surprised with Virgin Media using those reptiles.They do get upset when you pay Virgin and not them.

Yeah (WETCOT) official sponsors of the full nappy company.lol

:grin: :grin: :grin: :grin:

Yeah l could give you a full list of complains about wescot and other DCAs but it would take up to much time and thread space

OFT debt collection guidance

Please remember the only stupid question is the one you dont ask so dont worry about asking the stupid questions.

Essex girl in pc world looking 4 curtains 4 her pc,the assistant says u dont need curtains 4 a computer!!Essex girl says,''HELLOOO!! i,ve got WINDOWS!!'.

After dealing with these calls variously by turning off the ringer (cutting myself off from EVERYONE) or paying money that I can ill afford to BT for telephone blocks; I now answer each call with confidance and use the 'silent' treatment described in the sticky if the caller is 'one of them'

I find this works extremely well, requires minimum effort and only a very short script to be kept by the phone. It has now made the calls almost stop which is more than any of the earlier measures did.

I have now had many DCA's hang up on me after repeating over and again 'Hello' and 'Are you there?' without response until they feel too daft to continue.

these companies like to talk to my answer machine quite a lot. It has a bit of a stall on it and as I never answer my phone most evenings by the time they are ready to start speaking my answer machine has done its stuff and is then listenning. quite funny listenning them say hello, hello, over and over again!

Direct Auto Finance & DLC dispute ongoing.

Offer with confidentually agreement from DLC / DAF DECLINED :D

Please PM me if you have any cheap rate or 0800 number for DCA's to add to my list and also to my website

Guest Orwell72
Wescot's dubious telephone tactics getting a bashing here > 08453010229 - who calls me?

can we call them with no facts other than their office address and ask security questions?

or

Call them and asked why they call you

don't give em detail just **** em off :grin:

treat how you wish to be treated !!!

They certainly are a well liked organisation of bottom feeders.Dont forget to pay your Virgin Media bill on time or Wescot will be on to you within a week or two.Even if you pay - pay it to Virgin that really winds them up.The letters will keep coming.They dont seem to communicate with each other.Wescot spies on here -communicate with the people who you buy debts from or act for.You are so sad.Surely you arent as amateurish as you seem.Thats released a lot of pressure. Think i will now relax and have a cup of Yorkshire tea and watch Gardeners World.

useless bunch of nose pickers who dont know the law and even tell you they are chasing a debt for a company that no longer exists.

I used nose pickes as what I wanted to use my not be legally allowed or CAGbotted.

OFT debt collection guidance

Please remember the only stupid question is the one you dont ask so dont worry about asking the stupid questions.

Essex girl in pc world looking 4 curtains 4 her pc,the assistant says u dont need curtains 4 a computer!!Essex girl says,''HELLOOO!! i,ve got WINDOWS!!'.

Best just don't talk on phone tothem.

Can anyone help ? I got a settlement figure from Wescot and paid up.Part of my conditions was that my credit file was updated to show that the account was showing as settled.I have this in writing and also a letter from them saying the account was settled.

They have not updated my credit file with what was agreed.Instead it shows this account was closed with £700 owing and shows the account is still in default instead of settled.

Is it the Information Commissioner i write to ?

Thanks

Is it worth writing to Wescot and telling them what to do as they have made a right mess .Give them a time limit to sort it out otherwise you will complain to Trading Standards and everywhere else you can think of.If you do register it.