Fuel Price Protests

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5898 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I was amazed at having to pay £1.00 per litre at tesco's at the weekend!:eek:

How come there is no fuss being made about this? 90p was enough to start the major protests last time.

I don't care how we do it but I think some protest should be made!

Any ideas welcome!

Hi All,

Just thought i would let you know that there are scheduled long term repairs and redevelopments to the Dover access roads due to start at any time now,so any form of protest in and around this area would immediately have a profound effect on the vast amounts of traffic trying to navigate to and from this incredibly busy site.

I agree that the current price of fuel is totally absurd,a clear sign of where gordon browns priorities lay.

Any form of protest must be kept as legal as possible,we see the animal protesters on a regular basis and its amazing the local chaos that a few ladies and gents can cause by walking along a road with a banner and a whistle.

Something very clearly needs to be done,as david cameron has recently stated, this country is in moral decline and has become a fractured nation,many thanks to the idiot called Blair !!

Im in.

Jetbags

Consumer Action Group, the forum for all of us.:)

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Now is the time for *real* action against this faceless and greedy bunch of 'politicians'.

I'm open to ideas, and I'm willing to lead it. Completely independently of CAG of course.

I'm in. Let me know if I can help in any way.

Opinions given herein are made informally by myself as a lay-person in good faith based on personal experience. For legal advice you must always consult a registered and insured lawyer.

Action sounds great but what can some of us do as they have some of us by the short and curlies

I moved to a more rural area as I was priced out of the Home Counties where I grew up. With Diesel in my home town going up a min of 2p per week it's getting to the point where I have to travel to keep a reasonably well paid job that pays enough for me to buy diesel to go to work!

Travel by public transport - good joke! Works well if you happen to live near some that comes more than once an hour doesn't travel round half the countryside to get anywhere and connects with anything!

I will happily sign any petition but boyotting stations only works if you have alternatives or can do without.

If boycotting the fuel stations or any other action would cause you hardship then it would be reasonable for you not to take part. However, small sacrifices by many can often have a big impact.

I have reservations as to whether botcotting the fuel stations would have the desired effect anyway. I think blockades of the depots, and even the threat of them, would have a far wider impact.

Personally, I don't think boycotting fuel stations is the answer.

I think boycotting the country is the answer - Heathrow, Gatwick, Dover - a few well selected points with probably only tens of vehicles could bring the country to a standstill in a matter of hours.

This would have to make 'them' sit up and take notice.

Boycotting or blockading the fuel depots will only affect small businesses really, and the arrogant government we have will just laugh, like last time (remember that t**t Prestcott?).

I think it needs to be more fundemental than just fuel depots/stations.

If you feel that we have helped you, or you would like to help keep this web site running so that others can continue to get their money back, please click the donate button at the top of the forum.

Advice & opinions of Dave, The Bank Action Group and The Consumer Action Group are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability.

Use your own judgment. Seek advice of a qualified insured professional if you have any doubts.

------------

Add me as your friend on FaceBook - I need all the friends I can get :-(

http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=577405151

------------

Hi all,

very interested in joining you all in this and to give some support.

It was on the news this morning that the Transport Industry ? (haulage trucks):roll: are going to start protesting the price increases.

The Haulage indusrty has never let this issue drop. Neither has the agriculural industry. The different organisations within the industries have campaigned constantly. Our business is a member of the RHA (Road Haulage Association) we receive monthly magazines that keep us informed of any actions taken. We need to bring all the organisations together, Caggers and general public. You can only do so much on your own but together acting as one, We might acheive something. The Goverment will have to sit up and take notice

How about a national 'use public transport' day?

It would grind the system to a halt, people would be late for work (if arriving at all), fuel purchases would be down, and it would embarrass this shower of taxing idiots on the world stage - something that I think is a subject close to their hearts.

If you feel that we have helped you, or you would like to help keep this web site running so that others can continue to get their money back, please click the donate button at the top of the forum.

Advice & opinions of Dave, The Bank Action Group and The Consumer Action Group are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability.

Use your own judgment. Seek advice of a qualified insured professional if you have any doubts.

------------

------------

...coupled with a 'if you can't use public transport ('cos their ain't any) then don't go anywhere at all' day.

------------

------------

I Wish you everything you wish yourself.

NatWest Claimed £1,639. Accepted £1,344.

Natwest Paid me again as GOGW £1,656. Yes they can have it back if they say please.

Barclays 1 Claimed £1,260. Won by default. Paid in full

Barclays 2 Claimed £2,378. Won by default. Paid in full

Birmingham Midshires. Claimed £2,122. Accepted £2,075.

The "all motoring costs" blue line in the graph accompanying that article is without doubt the biggest load of horse manure I have seen in a long time

I'd love to see how that was figured out

Petrol - up massively

Road tax - up massively

Servicing costs - up reasonably

Car purchase - roughly the same?

So, overall, how can the costs said to have stagnated in the last 30 odds years? utter, utter, dog do

omnia praesumuntur legitime facta donec probetur in contrarium

Please note: I am not a member of the legal profession, all advice given is purely my opinion, if in doubt consult a professional

My income certainly hasn't went up in fact it has went down. I wonder where he gets the idea that motoring costs have went down. The paragraph I read would make you think he's not totally unbiased.

Just checking around town this evening. Prices varied from 107.9 to 110.9 for diesel. Getting rediculous especially when you consider, just 13 miles away in ROI it's just 84.9

HALIFAX: 13/01/07 Sent S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) letter (marked as rec'd 16/01)

Paid in full in March 07

I note that our very own Dave has joined the facebook group 'Keep petrol Prices High'. Are you aiming to act as a Trojan Horse Dave?

BEFORE starting your claim read through the FAQ's and if there's something you aren't sure of then ask.

If you win, donate to this site

Contents of my posts are purely my own personal opinions, some formed by personal experience and some from research. If in doubt seek qualified legal advice.

No, was just interested to hear what their argument was.

I was the third person to join, I think there's 6 now.

I don't think that there's that much support.

------------

------------

I agree that it is wrong that fuel is allowed to be sold at stupid prices, and i certainly think it ought to be dropped not raised.

BUT look at it this way too. a protest for a few days makes a point. but if the powers that be dont listen and it carries on, people such as myself ( local council employee collecting recycling door to door ) wont be able to do their job. but ( and this is a genuine question ) if that happens, and we cant leave our depot because of fuel shortages, will i sill get paid. I believe i will. but what are the streets going to look like littered with uncollected recycling and refuse.

just a thought :rolleyes:

Please note that although my advice is offered, you should consult your legal representative before taking ANY action.

have a nice day !!

Well I'll be complying with that.

But, then, I don't have a car.

:)

Any help and advice is offered in good faith, based solely on my own knowledge and on experience gathered from this site. I am not qualified to offer legal or financial advice, which you should seek from an expert before making any important decisions. My opinions are therefore offered without liability.

If I've been helpful, please click my scales. :-)