Private Parking Tickets - General discussion points

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4779 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Yes, just ignore. This company does not seem to be able to differentiate between the owner and the driver of the car.

Additionally they seem to be pretending they have some sort of official status by heading that piece of toilet paper with "Civil Traffic Enforcement Notice"

• Haha 1

Great, thanks guys.

Michael Browne, I'd not seen that before so thank you for the link - maybe I should count myself lucky they skipped the first letter and saved me an RSI from opening their junk mail...

Well 2 weeks after my parking Ticket I have now received a letter from Vehicle Control Services - Sheffield stating since I have lost my right to appeal and that I now owe them £120 and if I dont pay up I owe them a further £30 Court fees and £50 Solicitors fees. I must admit if I had not seen this site I would have been a bit concerned at all the red highlighted text. Should I just ignore and wait for the next letter?? :-):wink:

Hi Everyone!

I have been trying very hard to dispute a Private parking ticket received from National Clamps. Basically, National Clamps ticketed my father in laws car. Although he is the registered keeper, he was not the driver. He received an Invoice from National Clamps requesting £80 on the 26th of April. I told him I would act on his behalf as I did not think he should have to pay the ticket. We know who may have been driving at the time but to be honest it could have been about 5 or 6 different people. I wrote to National Clamps stating I had received their invoice however, as I was not the driver of the vehicle, I would not be paying the invoice nor am I obligated to tell them who was driving and to not contact me again. This was sent by recorded delivery on the 28th of April however, my father in law arrived home on the 28th to find a Final Demand! This was dated the 27th of April which only 1 day after their first invoice! We hadnt heard from them after the recorded delivery letter and assumed that was the end however, last week we received a letter from a debt collecting agency explaining that they are acting on behalf of their client to recover monies due to an upaid parking charge. In the letter they state the following:

"As a member of the BPA and its approved operators scheme we adhere to its code of practice. Therefore we now invite you to declare whether or not you were the driver involved in the above contravention or to disclose the identity of the driver so that we can avoid persuing the wrong person. If you choose not to contact us on this invitation and in the absence of any other evidence, we will continue to persue the vehicle keeper."

They also mention they can refer to the county courts for an application of a CCJ and also include a link to previous CCJs they have been successful in obtaining! I then telephoned them and said that in accordance to the BPA code of practice, I had written to National Clamps in appeal of the ticket since my father in law was not the driver. I said that National Clamps have no legal right to take this to a debt collector without acknowledging my previous letter and responding to whether they will continue to persue with the claim. The lady from the debt collectors was quite rude with me and said who was driving the vehicle. I then replied, I am not obligated to tell you that! She said are you aware that it is an offence to not disclose that information? I said regardless, you have no right to persue the recovery of this parking ticket since an appeal was made against it to National Clamps so go back to them and dispute it. She then said I will have to go back to them and we will be in touch. We both hung up!

I am a little worried now as I am not really sure about any offence in naming the driver or not. Can anyone give me advice on whether I do need to disclose this or if there is any law that states I legally am obligated to name the driver?

If they telephone me asking for the name of the driver again, what should I do?

Thanks everyone, this forum is very helpful!

Welcome to CAG Specialk8345.

Just ignore them, they should eventually go away. They will send you a series of ever increasing threatening letters.

It is not an offence to not name the driver with private firms, indeed the position is the observe in that the ticket issuer has the burden to demonstrate who the driver was.

This is unlike tickets issued by the police etc, where you need to disclose the driver.

Do not worry about a CCJ, for them to obtain such, they need to commence legal proceedings, be successful and then you not to pay the judgement within 28 days. There is about as much chance of this happening as you being able to push $hit up a hill with a rubber fork [i know I should not do this, I will report myself].

Edited by GuidoT

If I have been helpful please click on my star and add a comment.

"As a member of the BPA and its approved operators scheme we adhere to its code of practice. Therefore we now invite you to declare whether or not you were the driver involved in the above contravention or to disclose the identity of the driver so that we can avoid persuing the wrong person. If you choose not to contact us on this invitation and in the absence of any other evidence, we will continue to persue the vehicle keeper."

Strange to mention the BPA code of practice about requesting the drivers details, then threatening to pursue the registered keeper if you don't play ball.

They also mention they can refer to the county courts for an application of a CCJ and also include a link to previous CCJs they have been successful in obtaining!

So the system has changed then, you no longer have to make an application then present any evidence that you have, prove to the court that the registered keeper was the driver at the time, that the driver actually saw the signs and that the invoice amount does not amount to a penalty before you get a CCJ, you just have to apply for one now.

I then telephoned them and said that in accordance to the BPA code of practice, I had written to National Clamps in appeal of the ticket since my father in law was not the driver. I said that National Clamps have no legal right to take this to a debt collector without acknowledging my previous letter and responding to whether they will continue to persue with the claim.

Anyone can refer anything to a Mickey Mouse debt collector. Don't get too hung up on debt collectors they are just private citizens with no more power than my cat.

The lady from the debt collectors was quite rude with me and said who was driving the vehicle. I then replied, I am not obligated to tell you that! She said are you aware that it is an offence to not disclose that information?

Even the muppets that work there don't even know what they are talking about, would have loved to find out what offence she was talking about, they really are that stupid.

I said regardless, you have no right to persue the recovery of this parking ticket since an appeal was made against it to National Clamps so go back to them and dispute it. She then said I will have to go back to them and we will be in touch. We both hung up!

I am a little worried now as I am not really sure about any offence in naming the driver or not. Can anyone give me advice on whether I do need to disclose this or if there is any law that states I legally am obligated to name the driver?

None that relates to a ppc, stop being worried it is all bluff and you are falling for it.

If they telephone me asking for the name of the driver again, what should I do?

First make them go through your security, ask them:

Their full name and date of birth

The telephone number they are calling from and their home telephone number.

What medication they are currently taking for their illness.

If they refuse, tell them you cannot talk to them on the phone as it breaches the Data Protection Act and the Human Rights Act.

OR

Just tell them to F@ck Off

Thanks everyone, this forum is very helpful!

regards

Please remember our troops, fighting and dying in our name. God protect them.

I managed to get myself a ticket today and all this info is very useful so thanks very much!

Interestingly though, the nasty heartless parking attendant has forgotten to sign the notice. Does that make it void? Would it be easier to send the notice back with a letter pointing out that they had forgotten to sign it?

I managed to get myself a ticket today and all this info is very useful so thanks very much!

Interestingly though, the nasty heartless parking attendant has forgotten to sign the notice. Does that make it void?

No more void than if he had signed it

Would it be easier to send the notice back with a letter pointing out that they had forgotten to sign it?

No, by far the easiest and most effective way of dealing with PPC invoices is just to ignore them.

Need help, hopefully some on here can help,

recieved a letter telling me i was parked in lidl dundee car park with cctv shots of my car stating £90 or £45 if i pay quick.

must i pay

HELP.........................

Need help, hopefully some on here can help,

recieved a letter telling me i was parked in lidl dundee car park with cctv shots of my car stating £90 or £45 if i pay quick.

must i pay

HELP.........................

As Dudlindel says;

Do not write to them

Do not telephone them

Do not reply to their scamvoices

Do not pay them

Yeah, from a quick review of this forum I think I'll take the advice of doing nothing.

It is just a bit concerning though when you read that in some cases the county court has become involved. I dont want to run the risk of receiving a CCJ!

Do CCJ's result from these cases often? Do you have any experience of SIP specifically, I can see many posts relating to them.

Edited by purplehavana

Copied from above.

Do not worry about a CCJ, for them to obtain such, they need to commence legal proceedings, be successful and then you not to pay the judgement within 28 days. There is about as much chance of this happening as you being able to push $hit up a hill with a rubber fork [i know I should not do this, I will report myself].

If I have been helpful please click on my star and add a comment.

I dont want to run the risk of receiving a CCJ!

To reach that situation, the following has to happen:

1. The PPC issues a court claim

2. They win

3. You don't pay the judgement within 28 days

only then will a CCJ be registered against you. The chances of that happening are infinitessimal.

The chances of that happening are infinitessimal.

but GuidoT has put it far more eloquently:D

There is about as much chance of this happening as you being able to push $hit up a hill with a rubber fork [i know I should not do this, I will report myself].

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4779 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks