Private Parking Tickets - General discussion points

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4780 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• 2 weeks later...

i have today received a bill from Europa for £100 for non payment of a parking ticket? I was parked in the spot at the time quoted and I did payto park. On a closer look at the enforcement notice the claim is for "other" whatever that means. I did not receive a ticket at the time although the claim is for non payment of the fine so have no real idea what its for and obviously as 4 weeks + has gone by I no longer have my parking ticket to prove payment.

do I ignore or follow template letter?

Was really pleased to find this site when I googled Europa as my husband was convinced I had done something wrong when I know for a fact I was parked correctly and certainly didn't overstay what I had paid for and I definitely did not get a ticket at the time.

advice welcome - am furious that these fraudsters are able to waste so much time of law abiding citizens who have to work hard for their money unlike them! Am also furious that DVLA can give our details to fraudsters - what is the country coming to?:-x

IGNORE IGNORE IGNORE Honestly i'm on my 6th letter from UKPC ( same horse different jockey) . The letters will come sometimes 2 a week . Please do not pay these [problematic]. I'm sure everyone else will advise you the same. It is a bit daunting but trust this site. I got done in tesco car park, they fines me initially for 35 then because i didnt pay it went up to 70, then another letter claiming for 70 , then a silly letter with bogus other charges which amounted to 175, but still 70 if i paid within 7 days, then another letter 2 weeks later the same letter ! lol , Then 2 weeks ago a silly pathetic letter, saying ' my client (lol!) is willing to accept a discounted one off payment of £50 !!!! hahahahahahaha what a joke. Even my solicitor laughed. The next letter will be Debt collectors are calling over, which i will use as toilet roll.

IGNORE IGNORE IGNORE Honestly i'm on my 6th letter from UKPC ( same horse different jockey) . The letters will come sometimes 2 a week . Please do not pay these [problematic]. I'm sure everyone else will advise you the same. It is a bit daunting but trust this site. I got done in tesco car park, they fines me initially for 35 then because i didnt pay it went up to 70, then another letter claiming for 70 , then a silly letter with bogus other charges which amounted to 175, but still 70 if i paid within 7 days, then another letter 2 weeks later the same letter ! lol , Then 2 weeks ago a silly pathetic letter, saying ' my client (lol!) is willing to accept a discounted one off payment of £50 !!!! hahahahahahaha what a joke. Even my solicitor laughed. The next letter will be Debt collectors are calling over, which i will use as toilet roll.

yep thats how it went for us as well just completely ignore them do not in any way respond we have had about 6 now including the debt collectors one and now its gone quiet for 2 months.

Thanks my husband thought I should reply & I told him what I'd read on the site saying ignore it - problem is letter in his name and I was driving !

think have convinced him just to ignore it.

Thanks for advice - had I done something wrong and not been so enraged by their cheek I would have probably paid and therefore never found this site.

will update on future corrspondence

thanks again posters such a help

Thanks my husband thought I should reply & I told him what I'd read on the site saying ignore it - problem is letter in his name and I was driving !

think have convinced him just to ignore it.

As your Husband would appear to be the RK then those are the ony details the PPC can obtain from the DVLA in the hope of extracting money from you.

The alledged debt is with the driver who he is under no obligation to name. He has nothing to be concerned about.

End of story.

Blagton

:confused: IM NEW ON THIS SITE... Please can anyone advise me about a private parking ticket (PCN (NW) LIMITED) "£70 reduced to £40 if paid within 7 days", my car got back in July this year. The ticket was for free parking whilst on the premises only. The ticket was not paid because for many reasons i believe I shouldnt pay.

I read these forums on here and it backed up my confidence not to pay, even Martin Lewis the guy from GMTV has a forum and they tell you not to pay either.

I have ignored every letter, and have been on ths site after every letter (5 in total) to make me feel better the letters are from pcn, moorcroft debt recovery & midas legal services threating litigation and court action.

I thought if I ignored ,ignored ,ignored they would go away like it says on these forums ?!?

Now the latest letter I got today has really shook me up, they are going to send a representative round in a few days, APPARANTLY i NOW OWE £140. This really got to me and I snapped and phoned moorcroft debt recovery this morning and told them to stop harrassing me and that I was innocent, I was told to explain that to the represetative who would be coming in a few days time. PLEASE HELP!!??!! :shock:

:confused: IM NEW ON THIS SITE... Please can anyone advise me about a private parking ticket (PCN (NW) LIMITED) "£70 reduced to £40 if paid within 7 days", my car got back in July this year. The ticket was for free parking whilst on the premises only. The ticket was not paid because for many reasons i believe I shouldnt pay.

I read these forums on here and it backed up my confidence not to pay, even Martin Lewis the guy from GMTV has a forum and they tell you not to pay either. I have ignored every letter, and have been on ths site after every letter (5 in total) to make me feel better the letters are from pcn, moorcroft debt recovery & midas legal services threating litigation and court action.

I thought if I ignored ,ignored ,ignored they would go away like it says on these forums ?!?

Now the latest letter I got today has really shook me up, they are going to send a representative round in a few days, APPARANTLY i NOW OWE £140. This really got to me and I snapped and phoned moorcroft debt recovery this morning and told them to stop harrasing me and that I was innocent, I was told to explain that to the represetative who would be coming in a few days time. PLEASE HELP!!??!! :shock:

dont buy any cakes or put the kettle on for the visit whilst waiting the tea will go cold and the cakes will go mouldy

its all part of the scare tactics

even if if it the 0.0000000% of someone actually turning up they have no legal powers whatsoever , tell them to foxtrot oscar , and if they wont leave tell them you are calling the police , its harrasment

now make yourself a nice tea/coffee and relax :rolleyes:

I read these forums on here and it backed up my confidence not to pay, even Martin Lewis the guy from GMTV has a forum and they tell you not to pay either. I have ignored every letter, and have been on ths site after every letter (5 in total) to make me feel better the letters are from pcn, moorcroft debt recovery & midas legal services threating litigation and court action.

Now the latest letter I got today has really shook me up, they are going to send a representative round in a few days, APPARANTLY i NOW OWE £140. This really got to me and I snapped and phoned moorcroft debt recovery this morning and told them to stop harrasing me and that I was innocent, I was told to explain that to the represetative who would be coming in a few days time. PLEASE HELP!!??!! :shock:

Edited by dazzling40

I read these forums on here and it backed up my confidence not to pay, even Martin Lewis the guy from GMTV has a forum and they tell you not to pay either.

I have ignored every letter, and have been on ths site after every letter (5 in total) to make me feel better the letters are from pcn, moorcroft debt recovery & midas legal services threating litigation and court action.

They will - don't panick ;)

Now the latest letter I got today has really shook me up, they are going to send a representative round in a few days, APPARANTLY i NOW OWE £140. This really got to me and I snapped and phoned moorcroft debt recovery this morning and told them to stop harrassing me and that I was innocent, I was told to explain that to the represetative who would be coming in a few days time. PLEASE HELP!!??!! :shock:

That is part of the paper chain and shows you are getting close to the end - regretably all you have done is given them some hope you might pay if they hassle you enough and rattle you a little more.

Should, on the remote, remote, remote, remote (not sure if I've used enough remotes) chance somebody should come and in any shape or form request payment tell them to "Get orf my land", if not you will call the Police and report them for demanding money with menace. Take a picture of them that will really shake them up.

Anyway, that won't happen though so don't worry.

A debt collection agency cannot send "a representative" round to collect this alledged debt nor can they send Bailifs round to collect your priceless Ming Vase as they may suggest. Your credit rating will not be effected.

For anything like that to happen you would:

1. Have been taken to court

2. Lost the case

3. Even then refused to pay the court

As [1] isn't going to happen then the rest doesn't really come into play.

If they now have your phone number you may receive a follow up phone call. As mentioned they will probably see you now as a potential bite.

Continue to ignore - you might receive a few more letters from a so called Solicitor suggesting all manner of things will happen - its there business plan to scare you into paying.

As Kiptower says, sit back and continue to relax in the knowledge you are one step ahead of these crooks and know how they play the game.

Blagton.

;) thanks for your replies, a problem shared is a problem halved, and im feeling a lot better now. i know now i shouldnt have phoned them but i just snapped, they have hounded me all the way through my maternity leave and the amount of stress through them have wrecked some days when all my thoughts have should have gone on my new born baby. i will continue to ignore, ignore, ignore ( it was good though to give them a mouthful down the phone!!!! I didnt give them a word in edgeways !) and if they do phone me back i will think of a way to really wind them up. I suppose what comes around goes around "POWER TO THE PEOPLE" THANKYOU ALLX

In the days before I found CAG and was stupid enough to reply to the PPC, I responded to a threat of a, 'doorstep visit' with a letter containing the following text:

'I am in receipt of your letter kindly informing me that you intend to send a representative to visit me at my home address, as a result would you kindly note the following? If your representative does in fact call I will ask him only once to leave my property, if he fails or refuses I will then use reasonable force to remove him, now as you may or may not be aware the term reasonable has never been defined in law, what I call reasonable your representatives next of kin may think was completly over the top.

Never had a visit from that day to this.

regards

Please remember our troops, fighting and dying in our name. God protect them.

Hi everyone,

Hope you can help me!

Today I parked in my normal car park. A pay and display in Birmingham city centre, privately owned land. When I arrived, the car park was virtually full except for 1 and a half spaces near the end of a row. One car had just arrived and taken up almost 2 spaces, leaving the 1.5 spaces. I duly parked next to the other car, but because of where he was parked, did straddle a white line. I paid my £1 for 2 hours and off I went.

Got a yellow envelope thing on my window, on the front it says "PARKING NOTICED ENCLOSED", then warns about it being an offence to remove etc... Opened up and it's a "FIXED PENALTY NOTICE" from "MIDWAY PARK PROFESSIONAL PARKING MANAGEMENT COMPANY" (their capitals not mine by the way!). It also says that I am (in caps again) "required to pay a penalty of £100.00 within 14 days".

I've had a look around and the advice is to ignore to start with. Can someone advise me on this please? I'm nervous!! The problem I've got is that technically I suppose I was between 2 spaces...

Am I right in thinking they can't call it a FIXED PENALTY NOTICE? Also, £100?!???!??!?!? :shock: Can I claim that is totally unreasonable considering at most I would have cost them 2 spaces by 2 hours??

Thanks for your help!

Nervously,

Tachi

Edited by Tachikoma36

Annoying, isn't it, when you try to be courteous by parking up close to the next car so others may squeeze in, then get hammered because it looks like you were the one transgressing! The only solution is to park in a space and let the other person causing the problem deal with this hassle.

When you've calmed down a bit and read this thread a few times, you'll realise you can ignore them. Expect to get half a dozen letters over the next year or so, so make sure you bookmark this site to keep reassuring yourself when they do appear. At the moment, there doesn't appear to be any difference to the result whether you use the template letters or simply ignore everything. Depends whether you like a fight or the quiet life I guess.

One slight niggling worry might be that if you want to keep using that car park regularly, the attendant might victimise you in some way. I have read one PPC threaten to clamp one of us if we ever went back to any one of their car parks. I don't know what others will advise but I think they are on such dodgy ground if they take that approach it is unlikely. And how would the attendant know you hadn't paid the 'fine'?

Its like having a cold - unpleasant but it'll go away...

DMA

Damn I feel a bit of a fool. Parked in a carpet seller's car park on a sunday evening and had a meal with my wife (in a eatery opposite) - obviously replying to this thread = parking ticket.

Foolish me has just paid it - worried about charges escalating - the usual.

I guess there is no come back - I entered car park at 18:16 and left at 19:44

The notice says 1hr.

The charge was £52 which seems a lot for a bloody spot in a deserted car park on a sunday :mad:

CP Plus Limited - still [causing problems]!

New to posting but a frequent reader. Good work on the Private Parking Charge [problem]! Interestingly, I've just received one from the well known ' CP Plus Limited' of Borehamwood alleging that my vehicle, with information furnished by DVLA bless them, was parked at MOTO Toddington South for 4.25 hours on a given day. However, they may mean that the car was there for 4.25 hours total exceeding the allowed free time by 2.25 hours, the Parking Charge Notice is not clear on that, unsurprisingly. They have demanded £80 as usual or £50 if I pay quickly!

Now, the car in question was locked in it's garage all that day, I never left my house, some 100 miles northeast of the position of the alleged offence, and I have witnesses to support all of the above.

Needless to say I shall not be replying to them, but this unfortunately proves that CP Plus Limited are still at the [problem]. I have contacted Hertfordshire Trading Standards to advise them of the situation.

Keep up the good work everybody!

Not one hour after posting a very helpful lady from Consumer Direct phoned me to confirm my information and she has forwarded the issue to Trading Standards.

Edited by daylyt
Spelling!

Damn I feel a bit of a fool. Parked in a carpet seller's car park on a sunday evening and had a meal with my wife (in a eatery opposite) - obviously replying to this thread = parking ticket.

The notice says 1hr.

The charge was £52 which seems a lot for a bloody spot in a deserted car park on a sunday :mad:

How did you pay ?

If you paid by cheque you could still cancel it.

Blagton

The notice says 1hr.

That's another £52 a worthwhile charity has lost.

Please, don't fall for it again.

regards

Please remember our troops, fighting and dying in our name. God protect them.

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4780 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks