Previous manager sent threatening text about contacting new employer

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3511 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi All,

I'm new to the forum and desperately need some advice.

Basically I was dismissed from my job for not being a good "culture fit" - no warning, no disciplinary etc but was told that they were going to help me find a new job

I came into the office on a Sunday and the manager was supposed to help me go through my CV for the employment agency. He called me in the morning and asked if I still had the company owners Ipad (which I brought with me to give back). I was then interrogated as if I had tried to steal the Ipad, and download apps (neither of which are true - and the police were never involved)

So they never gave me any assistance and I had to find another job, which I now have.

I then receive this text from the manager a week after starting my new job

[ATTACH=CONFIG]53337[/ATTACH]

Basically the review was from an unhappy customer who had their goods damaged, and I agreed and "liked" the review

What legal position do I have? blackmail/extortion etc?

I'm not sure how they found the details of my new employer, but no references were requested, and never will be - but obviously he's saying that he will call them and basically tell them untrue information

Please help :(

well, that's childish all round.

why not take down your "like"? bringing any employer, past or present, into disrepute is a foolish thing to do.

Never assume anyone on the internet is who they say they are. Only rely on advice from insured professionals you have paid for!

Send him this text:

You call them and I will be very upset.

When I get upset a lot of my friends get upset and some of them really have a bad temper.

I wouldn't like to be facing them when they're upset.

Goodbye

Now why would an adult want to send such a childish response like this??

I personally don't see what issue your previous Manager has with you "liking" a bad review.

You didn't write the actual review & your entitled like everyone else is to have an opinion. Even if it differs to someone else's....

Now he is being petty & making threats (sure sounds like a responsible act as a Manager NOT!!).

So its okay for him to make threats about contacting your Employer but not for you to "like" something!!

Personally I'd ignore him & get on with your life...

I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy every single minute of it!!

Im in agreement with emmzzi. If you absolutely cant control your actions, then use an anonymous account. What the previous manager did is out of order, but so is what you did. You both parted ways, leave it at that.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D

Thanks for all your replies - I had in the meantime sent a message back saying that I would remove the "like" as it was from a while back, and said sorry that we had to part on bad terms

Unfortunately for some reason this guy has a vendetta against me, and I doubt that removing my like will actually stop him in contacting my new employer

I really need to know what position I hold legally, if and when he tries to do so...

Ignore him. You are now thinking of what if scenarios. If he contacts him off his own back and insults you, causing you to lsoe your job, then thats a whole other matter we can help with. Right now, he has only said IF, and you are thinking it will happen.

Go about your life as normal.

• Confused 1

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

Send him this text:

You call them and I will be very upset.

When I get upset a lot of my friends get upset and some of them really have a bad temper.

I wouldn't like to be facing them when they're upset.

Goodbye

This is to be interpreted / read between the lines.

It would make the manager think: "what's gonna happen to me if I make the call and he loses his job?"

But the op would no be making any threat by sending the text.

It can be interpreted in many ways

It would make the manager think: "what's gonna happen to me if I make the call and he loses his job?"

Not really. To most people it reads as if you are going to get somevpeople to beat him up if he does what he said.

Counter threats just escalates the problem.

Move on.

IF a company receives a bad reference and you lose your job as a result you are able to deal with that as the time comes, which it may well not.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

The SabreSheep, All information is offered on good faith and based on mine and others experiences. I am not a qualified legal professional and you should always seek legal advice if you are unsure of your position.

Um, no. It's as subtle as a sledge hammer. There's no doubt whatsoever as to its meaning.

Never assume anyone on the internet is who they say they are. Only rely on advice from insured professionals you have paid for!

This kind of arms race never ends well. The more you antagonise the manager, the more likely he is to call the new employer. I think the best course of action is to take down the like, tell the manager you have taken it down, say that you enjoyed working there and apologise.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS