Roxburghe/Graham White lose Again in court

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3861 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

My partner was recently taken to court by the old vampire Sobell on behalf of East Kent Hospitals. The claim was entirely wrong in the beginning.. Roxburghe stated in their template threatograms that it related to two different vehicles that was not on the obligatory Northampton County Claim form.

Despite my partner desputing the original Roxburghe letters, they ignored her and threatened her with a Norwich Pharmacal Order, which in short means that they would take her to court to force her to name the driver.

However as the claim related to one vehicle and not the two as sent by Roxburghe, she had no way of knowing who the driver was???

Next the lovely Michael Sobell sent her a letter before claim stating...........Wait for it........That she had admitted being the driver and had not paid despite offering to pay!!!!!!!!!!

Naturally a defence and counterclaim was submitted.

Subsequently when the hearing got allocated in our local court and they needed to pay the hearing fees, Old Mickey tried to drop the proceedings. But unfortunately did not follow the correct procedure. Now as a so called solictor, surely he should know how to follow the Civil Procedure Rules?????

She paid for the hearing fee as requested by the court and sent her bundle 14 days prior to case.My partner had telephoned Roxburge and Graham White asking for their bundle but they were not prepared to talk and stated that "You can speak to Mr Sobell prior to the hearing".

The day after receiving her bundle the old vampire tried to ajourn it, however the judge was having none of it and left a message on Graham White solicitors answer machine (who we all know is not there), and told him to appoint counsel for himself in his absence......Basically the judge was not going to be messed about, and quite right to.

On the day there was no representation from East Kent Hospitals and needless to say the claim was dismissed, judgement for the defendent and costs awarded.

And they call themseleves "Debt collectors of the year 2009" !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This has happened before with this lot, when challenged with "see you in court" they just gave up and didn't bother going to court:-

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=3518043

This just proves that some PPCs just use court papers as another link in the threatogram chain, hoping the motorist will cave in and pay up. If they don't cave in, then the PPC drops the case.

I like this comment from the above link:-

Oh come on! Its a fair old hike to Birmingham CC and don't forget you can't use your Senior Railcard on very many peak time journey's. For a 10.30 start he'd have had to leave West Byfleet by about 7.00am and then there's the hassle of trekking across town from Waterloo to Euston. Mike is getting on you know I think we should cut him some slack as either things are getting quiet - Michael Sobell Ltd is now registered as "Dormant" (as of June 2011) - or he's chosen to retire. And, presumably, forgotten to tell Elite.

This has happened before with this lot, when challenged with "see you in court" they just gave up and didn't bother going to court:-

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=3518043

This just proves that some PPCs just use court papers as another link in the threatogram chain, hoping the motorist will cave in and pay up. If they don't cave in, then the PPC drops the case.

I like this comment from the above link:-

Oh come on! Its a fair old hike to Birmingham CC and don't forget you can't use your Senior Railcard on very many peak time journey's. For a 10.30 start he'd have had to leave West Byfleet by about 7.00am and then there's the hassle of trekking across town from Waterloo to Euston. Mike is getting on you know I think we should cut him some slack as either things are getting quiet - Michael Sobell Ltd is now registered as "Dormant" (as of June 2011) - or he's chosen to retire. And, presumably, forgotten to tell Elite.

He has turned up, I had him in the flesh at my court case in January 2013, where he lost miserably and went home with his tail between his legs.lol

• 3 weeks later...

Update !!!! would appreciate some comments from the site team on this one..... My partner was awarded judgedment against East Kent Hospitals represented by Michael Sobell and Roxburghe who tried to drop the case then get the case adjourned, due to Mr Sobell being ill, however the judge said "Whether or not there is one solicitor or ten, Mr Sobell should have appointed counsel in his absence." After the judgement, he was miraculously able to file for permission to appeal, which naturally was refused by the Court as there was no realistic prospect of success... In my opinion Graham White & Roxburghe are a bunch of clowns who will happily take your money, but will defy a court and not pay what the court ordered. My partner is now at the stage of a warrant of execution. The sad thing is and I say this from the heart, that the warrant has to be in the name of East Kent Hospitals not Sobell.

Hopefully the new parking scheme being introduced, although controversial, will prevent staff, visitors and patients from being targeted from these hyenas of society who fire out random template letters threatening court action that will never succeed, and I look forward to making a donation to the League of Friends who do such a magnificant job to enhance patient care....... shame we cant send the baliffs to roxburghe.

My opinion is, if Sobell & Roxburghe wont pay a court order, why should anyone pay their stupid worthless invoices...... and you can quote me on that in court..... :jaw:

Edited by Scouse Magic
grammar

It would be nice if that warrant was served not on the Hospital, but on the individual who appointed the parking company, and have the money stopped out of their wages.

It would be nice if that warrant was served not on the Hospital, but on the individual who appointed the parking company, and have the money stopped out of their wages.

It would have been the best £100 ever spent to have court bailiffs visiting west byfleet... The problem is EKH have a contract with Roxburghe..What that entails is anyones guess... Lets hope EKH wise up and get rid of this amature set up because very soon they wont need them. In any event its 2 cases to nil to the good guys

Just wanted to share something with you from my case that is on transcript, which made me wonder why did Mr Sobell, the M.D. of Roxburghe and two witnesses turn up at my case..... was it to teach me a lesson ??? an absolote classic.....

Mr Sobell: " I would like to state that there is no evidence that the vehicle was not there on the 10th and 29th May, but there is evidence that it was."

Judge: " Sorry, say that again ?"

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Just one more point, I think it is discusting and cowardly that Roxburghe and Sobell have refused to pay my partners County Court Judgement, and the matter is now in the hands of E.K.H....When I won my case against them, the cheque came from Roxburghe so I dont know what their contractual arrangements are.

My opinion would be that if any other person gets a letter off Roxburghe or Sobell demanding money, write back and advise them to pay their own County Court Judgements first !!!!!

and dont bother with the BPA as roxburghe are on their board as well.

What is obvious, is that Hospital Trusts will get themselves in very hot water when they attempt to use parking enforcement to raise revenue, and use muppets like Sobell & co and Roxburghe to enforce it.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

The bailiff: A 12th Century solution re-branded as Enforcement Agents for the 21st Century to seize and sell debtors goods as before Oh so Dickensian!

• 2 months later...
It would be good if you put up the winning formula to help others in similar situations.

Hi Peanutsallergy,

Just wanted to let you know that the site team have just posted my court transcript and judgement for the 10th Jan 2013 on a 'sticky' entitled 'successful defence to private parking ticket'........Obviously this case related to tickets that were pre Oct 2012 but still lots of relevant points that can be used...Enjoy

• 4 weeks later...

Our old friends Roxburghe are at it again... not content with getting stuffed in court, lying to a judge, failing to represent their client in court along with their beloved Graham White, and refusing to pay a judgement....all of a sudden, the students in the call centre are firing out another wave of crap with the threat of involving GPB Solicitors who astonishingly now share the same Roxburghe address...... the same address where Sobell is supposed to be..........Either GPB are lending their name, or they have no idea who they are involved with....Where has Mr Sobell Gone ????? :mad2::mad2:

Edited by Scouse Magic

Our old friends Roxburghe are at it again... not content with getting stuffed in court, lying to a judge, failing to represent their client in court along with their beloved Graham White, and refusing to pay a judgement....all of a sudden, the students in the call centre are firing out another wave of crap with the threat of involving GPB Solicitors who astonishingly now share the same Roxburghe address...... the same address where Sobell is supposed to be..........Either GPB are lending their name, or they have no idea who they are involved with....Where has Mr Sobell Gone ????? :mad2::mad2:

They proberbly realised he was an ol useless trump, and got some new heavys in now to fear people into coughing up there cash to fill up poxburghes bank acoount up even more

Not on my watch lol.....Its the same old set up as it was when Graham White were supposed to be the "In house solicitors" and all the letters were fired out by Roxburghe... Personally I think old sobell had more of an interest in Roxburghe than we will ever know, even with the Turnbull Rutherford connection........GPB have been enlisted only in may this year as a front to make it look bona fide as Roxburghe not only have lost their CCL, some of their major clients are not impressed by their set up and behaviour to put it mildly

• 3 weeks later...

Is this is same Roxburge who have been trying to get their OFT licence renewed !!!

As you will see from the attached link which appears on the OFT site today the OFT are Minded to Refuse to Renew the licence.

I may have made an error and in which case please ignore. If not...could be interesting.....

http://www.oft.gov.uk/shared_oft/consumer-credit/enforcement-activity/CEA-MTR.pdf

• Confused 1