Abandoned Car

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2560 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I have just sold my house

but still have in my drive a car left by a friend who used to rent a room from me.

Despite numerous attempts over the last 5 years to get him to do so I have met with no success.

A friend of his did visit a few years ago and removed the battery and by now the tyres have perished.

As I have no paperwork for the car and the owner has moved away from the area and do not know where he is

any suggestions?

Is it in your name? If not just go move it on the road and then inform dvla and local police that there's an abandoned car. He'll get hit with fines for no insurance or tax. Plus points. If he's moved and they can't track him then a warrant for his arrest will be issued for avoiding fines

Or if you are still talking to your friend simply send him a letter giving him 14 days to move it or you'll inform a local scrap yard and have it removed

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D

Thanks.

Have tried to move car but can't push it as tyres have perished and steering wheel locked.

Breakers won't take it as don't own it.

Have spoken to him but although he says he will do something has not.

Just phone a scrappy they'll come and get it for free then tell the owner

Legally you can do that as its on your property

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Trick i used in a weird situation when I couldn't find my car keys and had to move the car.

Get 4 people, Vaseline or fairy liquid under the wheels, push.

It is easier with inflated tires, so pump them up and even if they stay inflated for a few minutes, it will be of help.

You could save some legwork by using another car to pull the scrap out of your drive, of course after the vaseline trick.

Car on the road, not your problem anymore.

Another trick, a bit more elaborated is to get hold of 4 jacks with wheels, jack car up from front and back (not from jacking points, but wherever you get a grip, It's a scrap anyway), push.

Car on the road, not your problem anymore.

Except if you are found to have moved it there yourself, then you can be done for it. It's better just to call the scrappy and tell them to come take it whenever they want.

The owner has very obviously given up with it and doesnt care, so just call the scrapyard and tell them to come take it at their convenience.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

Except if you are found to have moved it there yourself, then you can be done for it. It's better just to call the scrappy and tell them to come take it whenever they want.

The owner has very obviously given up with it and doesnt care, so just call the scrapyard and tell them to come take it at their convenience.

They don't take cars at random anymore.

They wanna see the v5 and registered keeper driving licence.

I think op already tried contacting the scrapyard and was told that only the owner can scrap it.

I wonder what they would do if a car hasn't got number plates and vin number and engine number are ground off.

Have tried to move car but can't push it as tyres have perished and steering wheel locked.

It is easier with inflated tires, so pump them up and even if they stay inflated for a few minutes, it will be of help.

Might have a job trying that.

Any advice I give is honest and in good faith.:)

If in doubt, you should seek the opinion of a Qualified Professional.

If you can, please donate to this site.

Help keep it up and active, helping people like you.

If you no longer require help, please do what you can to help others

RIP: Rooster-UK - MARTIN3030 - cerberusalert

They don't take cars at random anymore.

They wanna see the v5 and registered keeper driving licence.

I think op already tried contacting the scrapyard and was told that only the owner can scrap it.

I wonder what they would do if a car hasn't got number plates and vin number and engine number are ground off.

Actually king, some scrapyards will take scrap cars off someones drive or property. Its not at random. They wont take it off the road if the RK isnt around though.

Not all scrapyards want the v5 or RK's Driving licence, a few will just remove it from the drive, and then contact DVLA for the details.

Again, just ring around. Plenty of scrapyards will come and get it, although a few will ask for collection fee's.

regarding your last point, they would leave it and tell you to inform the police, vosa and dvla.

yep, try another scrappy. You could tell them it belonged to a deceased relative, as it clearly is an abandoned state they arent going to question that. Your onetime friend hasnt kept it taxed or insured so it isnt going to pop up an a database anyway as belonging to someone else