Letter before claim - BW / Stockport peel centre - PCN January 2015

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2859 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi,

On the 18th Jan 15 I pulled into the Excel car park at Stockport as my baby had been sick, I didn't park in a space and i stayed in the car whilst my sister went to get my daughter something to put on while I cleaned her up.

I then got a letter in the post from excel saying I owed £100 as had been there more than 15 minutes. I did nothing after taking someone's advise and heard nothing.

I received a final notice letter from BW legal this week and I panicked so I called them to try and challenge the fact that it had almost been 18 months. Then I found this site, have i shot myself in the foot by contacting them?

Hi and welcome to CAG.

Info on BW. They used to be the 'go to' guys by Lowell debt collectors but when Lowell brought their litigation service in house, BW had to start scraping the barrel by taking on parking cases.

In recent times they have started being more litigious by taking ONE case to court, This is as yet undecided but it shows how interested they are in taking court action on behalf of Excel.

Excel are part of the flawed IPC and as such, any appeal made by you would have been dismissed no matter how much you were in the right..

All you can do is ignore them however if a Letter Before Action/Claim arrives, that does need attention and we can help there too.

In the meantime, have a look here and answer the questions

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?462118-Have-you-received-a-Parking-Ticket-%281-Viewing%29-nbsp

If you can, go back to the site and take pictures of the signs. Good reason for this. Usually they are non compliant with PoFA or if the case did get to court, they would present the court totally different pictures to what is at the site.

Have you kept any paperwork? If so, keep them safe. Post them up here as a pdf minus ALL personal information (name, address, reg number, ref number, any barcodes)

If you are asked to deal with any matter via private message, PLEASE report it.

Everything I say is opinion only. If you are unsure on any comment made, you should see a qualified solicitor

Please help CAG. Order this ebook. Now available on Amazon. Please click HERE

You have done no harm contacting BW as they dont have anything to do with anything.

Presume the Peel Centre- read other posts about that location here and you will see that they have a track record for losing court claims over parking there as the signage is terrible and they dont control all of the land.

• 1 month later...

Hi,

In January 2015 I entered the peel centre car park in stockport,

I didn't park in a space as I only pulled in to clean up my daughter who had been sick.

I stayed in the car while my sister went to buy water.

I can't remember if I appealed or not.

A couple of months ago I got a few letters from BW Legal

now have received a letter before claim.

The letter asks for the original £100 payment plus £54 in expenses but further down the letter has a total of £164.00.

What do you advise I do?

I cannot afford to have a CCJ on my record

Thanks

Steph

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

there no 'letter' shouldn't have said 'the' letter

'a' letter.

the peel centre blog on parkingprankster site has al the info too

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

threads merged same PCN date

please keep to one thread

else it makes a mockery of peoples time in already advising

what they have repeated again today before.

dx

and they

Just shows how little they know. It is full of ifs and mays. The Beavis case may be similar to this one but only a judge can decide that. Stating that because the IAS have dismissed your appeal so the judge is likely to come to the same conclusion is BS. Any judge worth their salt knows that the IAS is totally biased and not independant at all.

When a solicitor who deals with parking cases also runs an appeal service, there will always be a conflict of interest. Money talks!

It may be that court papers may be issued. These companies know that it is a risk and that they are only doing it for their numbers game as they lose far more than they gain from these cases. They have as much chance of winning as losing so when a competent defence is issued, they tend to back off.

Excel and this IAS have ignored everything said and I can't see a judge awarding them a win based on the facts of the case.

Everything I say is opinion only. If you are unsure on any comment made, you should see a qualified solicitor

Did you notice that they ask for £164 but only explain about £154 of it?

I don't know what to do!! If I hold off to wait and see and get court papers can I pay it then without it effecting my credit score?

You could but equally you could go to court and if you lost the case, you still have a month to pay. They cannot affect your credit file if the judgement is paid before that.

Sorry! Here is the PDF - its a letter of claim not before claim

[ATTACH]63492[/ATTACH]

Registration number still showing..attachment unapproved.

Andy

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

If you want advice on your Topic please PM me a link to your thread

Registration number still showing..attachment unapproved.

Andy

Sorry. Missed that Ghelyon.gif