Daughter falls out of cot!

Kerrie78
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6065 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi all.

I'll try to keep it brief, but I have a few complaints!

My husband booked 2 weeks to Corfu with Thomas Cook, from 27/08/07 until 10/09/07. The accomadation was shown by a very small picture in the brochure but the sales advisers couldn't offer him much info on it. (We had to book last minute, 4 weeks prior to flying as he had only just been given the all-clear to fly).

We paid in full, and looked forward to the holiday. here's where the fun starts:

We got to the room, and the fridge and oven were broken, the kettle had to be unplugged from the wall each time it boiled or else it would boil over.

It was classed as a self catering holiday but due to our items not working it was impossible to self cater! Also, even if they had worked there was only 2 plates, dishes, cups, and one saucepan!

Also, the only other thing wrong with the room was that the window was broken and didn't shut properly, there was no shower curtain, and several bulbs were missing. (Oh and the staff didn't even provide toilet roll, you had to buy your own).

We complained to our rep at the welcome meeting and she said she would get them to look at the room but nothing was ever done about it.

The most important of my complaints was that we had booked a cot for our 20 month old. When we got to the room there was no cot. My husband went down to ask and he was given a fabric style travel cot. We tried to construct it and it was broken, yet again we went downstairs and they told us to enjoy our evening and it would be sorted by the time we got back.

After being up since 3am travelling, we got back to the room at 9pm and the cot was still not assembled, the fabric sides would not snap into place. One of the owners tried his best to fix it but it was no good, he ended up cutting into the fabric with a knife to see how the springs were supposed to join. After around an hour of trying we had to put our daughter in it the way it was and try and get some sleep.

At around 2am i heard a bang, and my daughter had climbed over the side of the cot and was screaming the place down. I was horrified incase she had cracked her head on the tiles. I padded all around the cot with our blankets, but again she got right out of it. In the end we had to strap her in her pushchair and my husband was walking her around the gardens at 2.30 in the morning! I bet we were loved that night!!

The next morning we complained right away to the rep, we then found out, that our cot had been given to another family who had arrived at the same time as we had. They had a younger child than ours, so the fabric cot had been intended for them, and the wooden (proper) cot that they had been given had been meant for us. Of course they refused to give it back, and as it was August the rep said that there were no other cots on the resort!

She was adamant that we had to keep the fabric cot and she would fix it despite our strict instructions that it was too small for our daughter and she could easily get her legs over the side and climb out. She basically just didn't want to hear things, she was totally useless and eventually the owner of the complex phoned one of his family members who had a baby and he arranged for us to use their cot for 2 weeks, so he had it transported over to the complex and he built it up for us.

I am eternally grateful to him for that, but we should not have been in that position in the first place. If he hadn't have had a cot Olympic would not have sorted anything out for us. I am disgusted at their lack of customer care.

My other complaints are fairly minor in comparison. We booked a transfer time of approx 1 hour due to having the 3 little ones, but the coach made that many drop offs that on the way there the transfer was 2.5 hours, but on the dway home it took 3 hours! We had purposely booked day flights to leave at 12.45 hours so that the children could get breakfast and my husband could get medication that he has to take each morning with food. But, we were the first people on the coach at 7.30am and then there must have been at least another 15 different stops. It took 3 hours and myself and the baby were sick on the coach (and I am never travel sick!).

Also, we were situated on a main road, which was not mentioned, and the walk into the resort took 40 minutes each time. Again in the brochure it stated 15-20 minutes. The kids were knackered and due to taxis costing 6 euros a time we had to make the walk three times each day, and then get a late night taxi back (we just couldn't afford 24 euros a day for taxis). I may of well booked a trekking holiday!

Anyway, we made the best of a bad job and arrived back home on Monday afternoon. I was grateful to be back, and this is just not how a holiday should be. it was just stressful to the end.

I am definately putting my complaints in writing, but do I address them to Thomas Cook, where I booked, or would they need to go to Olympic because they are the cause of the problems.

Thanks

Settled at 50%

Clydesdale £155. Should have been £310 charges, plus interest :( Husbands Account.

SETTLED IN FULL:

MBNA £1230. For Hubby.

Halifax £39.

RBS £342. For Hubby.

Cap One £200.

Abbey:

:D Settled in FULL April 18th 2007. £5179.83 Paid but what a long battle!

:D

COMPENSATION OF £100 ON 14/04/08 FOR CONTINUED HARASSEMENT.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi.

Any update on this. I haven't heard anything back so far.

thanks

Settled at 50%

Clydesdale £155. Should have been £310 charges, plus interest :( Husbands Account.

SETTLED IN FULL:

MBNA £1230. For Hubby.

Halifax £39.

RBS £342. For Hubby.

Cap One £200.

Abbey:

:D Settled in FULL April 18th 2007. £5179.83 Paid but what a long battle!

:D

COMPENSATION OF £100 ON 14/04/08 FOR CONTINUED HARASSEMENT.