Non PO box address for Thames Credit

pulu31
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6085 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello, I am trying to send a recorded delivery letter to Thames Credit but all I have is a PO box 444 address (can't send recorded to a PO box). I would be grateful if anyone had their real address.

Thanks in anticipation.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Hello FreakyLeaky, Thanks for your help. I've also looked everywhere (not found it) and even telephoned them for their 'real address'. They will only give their PO box number!

The lady in the post office told me that I cannot send a recorded delivery mail to a PO box because it requires a signature (at the receiving end).

Regards and thanks again.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

That's what I thought pulu, but no problem in sending from my post office.

I expected Royal Mail to put a note in the recipient's box asking for mail to be collected and signed for.

No problem though. The letter, sent to Howard Cohen Solicitors in Cleckheaton was delivered, and signed for along with 23 others (according to the online Royal Mail advice slip) by none other than......wait for it folks....... THE LEWIS GROUP!

I can just hear the roar from the crowd!

Regards.

Vandermerwe.

Hello again pulu

Details for Thames Credit are:

Wells House

15-17 Elmfield Road

Bromley

Kent BR1 1LT

Telephone: 0208 313-0033

If this is helpful to you click my scales at the bottom left (the grey blob between the green dot and the red triangle)

Maybe I shouldn't really ask you to as good old Google deserves the credit rather than me.

Go to Aktiv Kapital and you'll see Thames Credit occupy three floors at Wells House.

I gather Aktiv Kapital has a somewhat malodorous stench about it to CAGgers.

• Haha 3

Hello Again,

I had a reply from Thames Credit informing me that they were not the original creditor and that they did not provide the original credit facility. They say that they purchased the outstanding debt balance and not the actual Agreement and that they have no obligation to provide me with a copy of the Agreement. In addition they say that there is no reason why their debt collection activities should be suspended.

By the way, they have kept the £1 PO.

Any ideas please?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Hi Pulu

I've been a bit inactive on the site for a few days.

In the matter of debt purchases (to use the legal patois) surely legal obligations transfer to the buyer?

To my mind TC are contradicting themselves. If they are merely acting as a debt collector then I suppose they are entitled to continue with their dubious debt collecting techniques which means you follow site options as well publicised.

If they have, in fact, purchased the debt they have then acquired obligations.

My suggestion is to respond to their letter, (not to P.O. Box)

obviously denying any obligation to them, asking for your £1.00, plus cost of postal order, plus postage etc. to be returned. Recorded delivery, receipt retained etc.)

It could be the beggars get the message, but I don't think the fat lady has sung yet!.

Where's your post now?

Regards.

Van

Hello Again,

I had a reply from Thames Credit informing me that they were not the original creditor and that they did not provide the original credit facility. They say that they purchased the outstanding debt balance and not the actual Agreement and that they have no obligation to provide me with a copy of the Agreement. In addition they say that there is no reason why their debt collection activities should be suspended.

By the way, they have kept the £1 PO.

Any ideas please?

Someone is telling porky pies! :rolleyes:

Section 189 Consumer Credit Act 1974:

“ creditor “ means the person providing credit under a consumer credit agreement or the person to whom his rights and duties under the agreement have passed by assignment or operation of law, and in relation to a prospective consumer credit agreement, includes the prospective creditor;

The clock is still ticking, and your account is now justifiably in dispute.

A word with your local Trading Standards wouldn't go amiss.

Trading Standards Central - Trading Standards and Consumer Protection information for the UK

Ask for a copy of their internal dispute resolution procedure too.

Good luck, Dave.

cag-end-sig.jpg

[Van, I have not posted elsewhere just yet (as a relative newbee, still navigating the site]

You and me too, pulu, if this comes out as it should I've now learned how to quote!!!!

Thanks to pinkdutchess, natch.

Good luck - we need each other!

Van

Sorry for jumping in a little late, but I thought it important to do so if anyone else could only find the PO Box address for Thames Credit.

You can send recorded delivery to this PO Box and it will get to them. I have been sending several recorded letters to it in my own ongoing case, and they've not only responded, but Royal Mail's own online tracker shows all my letters to the infamous PO Box 444 being received and signed for.

In relation to your current situation, diskmandave is quite correct. I have learnt very quickly that with this 'company' there is often a very wide gulf between what they say is enforceable and what the law states is enforceable. If you do respond to them, you may like to mention that without said Agreement, their behaviour may be considered harrasment contrary to section 40 (1) of the Administration of Justice Act 1970, and that any attempts to telephone you may be considered harrasment contrary to section 127 of the Communications Act 2003 (I mentioned the Communications Act in a letter a short while ago. A few days later all of TC's calls to my mobile ceased).