DEBT Collection Agency of the YEAR Awards

andrew1
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6017 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• Replies 470
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I would love to come to the protest - even though I live in London, can get a train up to Brum... might have to stay overnight though...

The forum questions on the website are really rather ghastly, have a read of them - especially the petition - what a waste of space and a petition!

I really should post onto them and see what reaction I get from asking a simple question - ie how do I CCA somebody or SAR somebody... that should be fun.

Go for it sillygirl.

I've posted in CAG meets to see if there is any interest to going along - we won't get inside, but continuous presence outside should show a point if there are enough of us.

All help is merely my opinion only - please seek legal advice if you need to as I am only qualified in SEN law.

I think protesting outside their party would just give them a good laugh. If people want to really **** them off then dedicate themselves to expanding this site. Would it really get much media attention picketing their party? Maybe it would... I'm no publicity guru. There is nothing more in the world they would hate than this site expanding. The bank charges are small fry to this. About £1700 per person on average I calculate. Someone coming in here in serious debt could cost them much, much more than that. Make them struggle with the mortgages for their mansions. Oh dear. Then, they might start treating debtors correctly. THEY WILL ONLY UNDERSTAND THE FORCE OF FINANCIAL PRESSURE.

What sort of world do you want your kids to grow up in?

Too true.

But enough people outside will get media attention and therefore can spread the message of the CAG site, therefore attracting new members.

It won't bother the DCA's in the short term (you're right - they probably will laugh) but could empower a lot more people in the long term and also highlight the issue to a greater extent in the media.

Debt is a big issue at the moment, big issues sell papers - see my thinking on this?

All help is merely my opinion only - please seek legal advice if you need to as I am only qualified in SEN law.

Of course I see your thinking. If people think it will work fantastic. I'm honestly not qualified to have an opinion on that. I'm just thinking there is no point going just to annoy them. Unless of course thre is going to be egg and tomato throwing. Then i'll be coming lol. :-D :-D :-D

This thread here is typical of their arrogance, as posters moan about having to comply with CCA2006

Credit Today online

• Barclays: WON!!! It took four months but was totally worth it!
  • Cabot: I'm still waiting for an enforcable agreement, more than a year after requesting it. Go on, Uncle Ken, take me to court if you dare. You know you want to!
  • Elephant.co.uk: VICTORY - they admitted there was no debt!
  • Ashbourne Management (gym membership): Finally got my default removed and out-of-court settlement; I'm not finished with them yet!

<--- If I've been helpful please remember the scales ;)

THEY WILL ONLY UNDERSTAND THE FORCE OF FINANCIAL PRESSURE.
Yes every time the FOS sting them for £ 400:-D

big issues sell papers - see my thinking on this?

Soon it will be the DCA employees who are selling the BIG ISSUE

Now,now, we have guests remember. The way that anyone can get to these Debt Collection Agencies is to use what they do not - THE LAW -. What we are doing is eating from the inside outwards. No placards, No Sannies, No eggs and Tomato's, remember these people in debt Collection agencies are hard, they feel much of the time that the law does not apply to them, in fact most of the people who are customer facing don't even know what the laws are regarding Consumer credit, they just do as they are told. This is not a glib statement - I actually know. They are not educated into Credit. How many people do you know who went through school, or University saying they were training to be a Debt Collector or Credit Controller? Usually these people 'happen' upon credit and have a personality that works well in it. Their bosses are acutely aware of what they are getting away with, but allow it to happen because it works and they make loads of money out of it.

May I just make one qualification to the above.

There are some extremely professional, well educated, and experienced Credit Managers, and Credit Control personnel out there with a considerable amount of experience in managing risk and ensuring their employers do not get exposed to financial disaster. I have seen many household name companies saved through astute Credit management methods as a result. What we are speaking of here is the rough end of the business - the Consumer Debt Collection Agencies who employ hard characters ( they need to have a certain tougher approach just by definition of what they have to do ) but what we are so unhappy about is the blatant ignorance and disregard for the laws of this country and the ignorance of those laws by these staff members. Their management do not play by the rules and haven't done for years - but now, since the advent of forum like this, people are beginning to have a voice, sometimes misguided, but a voice they have - we are not the Credit managers or the people trained to do their job, we are just unsuspecting lay people who until recently had never heard of the Consumer Credit Act or the Law of Property or knew much about the Data Protection Act other than it existed. Now, we are empowering ourselves and asking what right do the DCA's actually have to collect or harass us - not many knew for example that we could stop those 10 telephone calls a day with one letter referring them to the Communications Act or the Wireless & Telegraphy Act which stops these calls instantly, or that they need a copy of the original agreement before threatening court, or a ccj before bailiffs are used. We didn't then - We do now.

So we are at a point where people like me are telling others how to do it. We are also warning from the inside, DCA's beware, we are looking at a number at present - Thames Credit - you are next! be warned. Maynard can tell you what you'll be suffering, Wescots you are not far behind - so too Robinson Way & Lowells. You won't see us until we are there then you'll have wished you had taken notice. Then there's the Solicitors attached to the DCA's, like Cabots Hodsons, we call them the Hodsons Fools in the Cabot Fan Club - they are hopeless, we run rings around your people in court because you do not do things the way you should. Some have even thrown Barristers at us and they've been sent scurrying off with their tails between their legs only because they just haven't got it right.

It's like asking for people to dinner - Prepare and it goes well, blag it and you fail. So who wants to be next ?

All we ask is that the training starts now, you back off from your deliberate harassment and unlawfully trying to collect debts that are statute barred or ones with no agreements to support the debt and instead work with people to get out of their difficulties not scare the living daylights out of them with unattainable threats and demands.

Yes, there will always be the people who will not pay under any circumstances, this forum is not about getting away without paying, If you read through these threads you'll see many people are caught up in all kinds of difficulties and are honest law abiding citizens who have just had a bad time.

You have been self regulated, self congratulating and full of your own importance for far too long, but just like the banks, the tide has turned for you now and you are just going to have to get on with the new way of life because it has only just began and there's no turning back. If you don't take this as fair warning and build it into your dso's you'll be insolvent before you can say ? ---- Ken Maynard! :D

Don't forget it's his birthday on the 10th, lets all send him a Cabot Fan Club Card

Sarah ;)

• Haha 2

This thread here is typical of their arrogance, as posters moan about having to comply with CCA2006

Credit Today online

Kate Griffin from Lloyds sums it all up there doesn't she in post 2. They have to abide by the law and that means ' boring' for her at least.. pity about her, perhaps she should look at the credit Today job pages :-D

Just for the record I wouldn't throw eggs and tomatos. I would only do things I could be certain of getting away with and then rub it in their faces afterwards. As for 'hard', well, so they employ some thugs with no brains. I wouldn't expect anything else from them.

Just for the record I wouldn't throw eggs and tomatos. I would only do things I could be certain of getting away with and then rub it in their faces afterwards. As for 'hard', well, so they employ some thugs with no brains. I wouldn't expect anything else from them.

Hey, you're beginning to sound like one of them "I would only do things I could be certain of getting away with" :D

The rest is what we are about to stop !

Sarah xx :p

I think this is spot on Sarah:

Now,now, we have guests remember. The way that anyone can get to these Debt Collection Agencies is to use what they do not - THE LAW -. What we are doing is eating from the inside outwards. No placards, No Sannies, No eggs and Tomato's, remember these people in debt Collection agencies are hard, they feel much of the time that the law does not apply to them, in fact most of the people who are customer facing don't even know what the laws are regarding Consumer credit, they just do as they are told. This is not a glib statement - I actually know. They are not educated into Credit. How many people do you know who went through school, or University saying they were training to be a Debt Collector or Credit Controller? Usually these people 'happen' upon credit and have a personality that works well in it. Their bosses are acutely aware of what they are getting away with, but allow it to happen because it works and they make loads of money out of it.
And Tiglet - I think you're right about Call Centre staff having to depersonalise the people they harass.

What they do has profound implications morally and ethically. If they can't separate 'debtors' from what they've convinced themselves is 'everyone else', they wouldn't be able to sleep at night. They depersonalise, then use that as justification for the things they do 'at the coal face'.

'At the coal face' - good grief!!

I write occasional articles for a national magazine, for professionals in health care. It just so happens that the deadline for my next article is the weekend of the Conference for Debt Buyers and Sellers. Which means the article will be published in October.

I don't think anyone here needs to guess what I'll be writing about ;) And I'd urge anyone who has any contacts in the media, to alert them to both the Conference and the 'Debt Collector of the Year' Award ceremony.

These people expect small protests. They can easily dismiss them, and don't forget they are making a lot of money. They can easily 'massage the truth' about the nature of the protest. Think how well-presented their websites are! Misinformation is clearly something they're very polished at doing.

Let the media know.

I can let several thousand professionals know what I've experienced. But it will be after the 'Conference'. and it's a drop in the ocean compared to legitimate protests, properly worded, backed by the honest experiences of 100,000 plus CAG members!

Let the media know. :) :)

We will not be intimidated.

'The pen is mightier than the sword'.

Petition to Outlaw Debt Sale and Purchase

- can't read/post much as eye strain's v.bad.

VIVA CAG!!! :)

I'm still intrigued as to who is going to win these awards. It's not as if the said DCA isn't going to want to shout about their win from the rooftops, so finding out won't be a problem.

Even with this thread and all this publicity the main man at the CCCS is still going to judge...Kinda says it all really.

We all know these awards are run by DCA's for DCA's, and the winners voted for by the DCA's - so it's just a bunch of overweight, overpaid men ****ing each other's ****s...Feel sorry for the one who gets KM ;-)

Just hate every DCA out there

On another note:

Correct me if I am wrong, but aren't a lot of potential news stories bought to the National Press's attention via Email? If that's the case then surely a simple Email to all the tabloids regarding this story wouldn't go amiss.

If 40% of the people who contact the CCCS for help are people who are being unlawfully hounded by Cabot Financial and other DCA's, then surely there are legs in the fact (as far as a news story goes) that the guy who runs the place is giving out awards to these said DCA's ? Don't forget just how many readers the 'Sun' has.

Just a thought :-)

Just hate every DCA out there

Well you'll have to wait until November for the result, by which time most of us will be cringing at the thought of Christmas and in preparation of the festive parties.

I think a link to this thread would be appropriate in the other forum, thanks for thinking about it.. the odd email to the newspapers would be ' interesting ' to say the least.. my email address gives me away and I'm not ready for celebrity status quite yet :D - so any offers out there?