DEBT Collection Agency of the YEAR Awards

andrew1
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6038 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Also note that the CSA is currently advertising its Conference for this year on its Website here:

CSA Website

You can download the PDF Guide to the Conference directly from the Webpage above, and here's the direct link to the PDF:

http://www.csa-uk.com/csa/upload/Conference%20Programme%202007.pdf

It's not easy reading - take a look at the items for discussion, take a look at the Speakers.

Conference Programme, Day Two, Theme 1.

Also Theme 2, Theme 3, Theme 4.

(The speaker for Day 2 Theme 4 - Chief Executive of Cabot.)

But read through the themes. Check out the speakers.

Day 2, Theme 1, 11.15 am:

SCOR - Access to full data is now available to all DBSG

Members. Get maximum benefit.

Gillian Key-Vice, Director of Regulatory Affairs, Experian.

- Just an example.

I want to like the CSA, I really do. I'm struggling though. :mad:

Hope they enjoy the golf and mutual back-slapping.

• Haha 1

We will not be intimidated.

'The pen is mightier than the sword'.

Petition to Outlaw Debt Sale and Purchase

- can't read/post much as eye strain's v.bad.

VIVA CAG!!! :)

• Replies 470
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

- Just an example.

I want to like the CSA, I really do. :mad:

You wanna WHAT? :o you gotta be kidding me?

Remember Mr Maynard head of Cabot is honoury member and outgoing Chief exec ( Outgoing many more things soon :D )

The credit industry is the most self regulating, self backslapping (as you so nicely put it) egotistical bunch of hypocrites I have ever come across. Liking the CSA is like liking eating a can or worms, " didn't we do well, just another few nervous breakdowns, repossessions, suicides this month - statistics are looking good..

This group and many others in this industry should be banned. The whole industry is rotten to the core with cover up and collusion from these boys clubs which are full of self opinionated individuals with a spin doctor in tow.

Of course, I'm not self opinionated at all :cool:

:D It's true, I did want to like/respect them.:oops:

They've got a good Code of Practice:

CSA Website

or download the PDF here:

CSA Code of Practice PDF

I was hoping they'd regulate the DCAs in their membership, and push towards changing the whole Debt 'business' into something more humane.

But they're having a very big 'do'.

Clearly their members like congratulating each other.

Flashing their money around.

No, I don't like 'em any more.

PS: Agree with you Andrew1 ;) xx

We will not be intimidated.

'The pen is mightier than the sword'.

Petition to Outlaw Debt Sale and Purchase

- can't read/post much as eye strain's v.bad.

VIVA CAG!!! :)

:D It's true, I did want to like/respect them.:oops:

They've got a good Code of Practice:

CSA Website

or download the PDF here:

CSA Code of Practice PDF

I was hoping they'd regulate the DCAs in their membership, and push towards changing the whole Debt 'business' into something more humane.

But they're having a very big 'do'.

Clearly their members like congratulating each other.

Flashing their money around.

No, I don't like 'em any more.

PS: Agree with you Andrew1 ;) xx

..but they don't take any notice of their code of practice that's why The CABOT FAN CLUB exists. It's to make the lot of them and their competitors ABIDE BY THE LAW how can anyone expect their own little club to regulate themselves? They need a whopping big hammer dropped from a seriously great height before they will listen and act - something like removing a few of their licenses would be a good start :-x

( and thank you sosumi, I know exactly what you mean ;) )

• Haha 1

sorry nfor my typo ... my favourite form the CSA websites is ;

- learm ways to deal with agrtessive or obstructrive customer ( well after few insult and threat from them ( DCA) well they get result... )

- learn to know how to apply pressure to those who can but will not pay ( i like that because most of the time what they propose u can't afford it ... )

they ar emaking me laugh them ... lol

SCOR

- Access to full data is now available to all DBSG

Members. Get maximum benefit.

Gillian Key-Vice, Director of Regulatory Affairs, Experian.

All in bed together then.

Assignment of Debts

- Rights and duties, Section 77, 78 & 79 and all that. What to watch out for under the Consumer Credit Act in Debt Sale/Purchase Transactions.

Julia Smith, Barrister, Gough Square Chambers, London.

You're $&^"@~# me right? Basically how to fight CCA requests. I like the "And all that" phrase!! Absolutely beggers belief.

Don't write off the deceased

- Deceased debts are collectable. How to proceed if your debtors die.

Richard Fenton, General Manager, Phillips & Cohen.

This made me absolutely sick to the core. This shows what the debt collecting industry is really about.

Motivating staff to maximise collection returns and

profitability of your business.

Ken Maynard, Chief Executive, Cabot Financial.

^^^ No comment neccesary.

In addition ALL 3 CRA's will have stands there. It is also SPONSORED by Equifax!

bump- more of us should write to this CCCS guy and ask him why is he turning the other cheek and siding wiith the enemy - I cant believe he's doing this .... Christ, talk about people in glass houses,

The CCCS are the Salvation Army wing of the consumer credit industry - they are effectively owned, operated and funded by it. They are useful inasmuch as they can often negotiate far more favourable payment plans than you could ever get by yourself. However being who they are they will try to dissuade you from taking the complaint or bankruptcy routes by hook or by crook.

"Why CCJ when you can CCA!"

The CCCS are the Salvation Army wing of the consumer credit industry - they are effectively owned, operated and funded by it. They are useful inasmuch as they can often negotiate far more favourable payment plans than you could ever get by yourself. However being who they are they will try to dissuade you from taking the complaint or bankruptcy routes by hook or by crook.

..and that's why their chief exec Malcolm Hurlston is happy to be giving out prizes to the lucky hard working, professional, glitzy witzy DCA's who show they have screwed enough people throughout the year to warrant adulation... perhaps they should join the sally Army and see what need really means. I suggest as many people as possible write to him asking him to back off :

Consumer Credit Counselling Service

Wade House

Merrion Centre

Leeds

LS2 8NG

.on ya bike Mr Hurlston

Amazing that they can glamourise this industry like this.....I think the sections should include ' The Foot In The Door Award' for persistence in chasing a debt - 'The CCA avoidance award' for the company who is able to obtain the least number of CCA's - The 'Christmas Is Cancelled' award for the most threatening agent......

Shall we all go along with the banners ? have a sit down strike outside the hotel ?

I notice at the annual conference, that at the start of the golfing tournament there is a 'shotgun' start, i'm going to call them to see if I can be the starter and request several dozen boxes of ammunition !!!

So, who's organising our coaches to go there then? How about we stage a mini-mock awards ceremony at a nearby Hotel at the smae time and invite some press along?

Perhaps the OFT would liek to take a stand there ... although it seems very rare that the OFT actually do take a stand on anything.

All help is merely my opinion only - please seek legal advice if you need to as I am only qualified in SEN law.

What we really need just now is a public show of hands on Mr Hurlstons insistence that he should continue and be a Judge. WE NEED YOU TO WRITE OR EMAIL HIM WITH YOUR DISATISFACTION PLEASE He may be judging a handful of dubious dca's, but there are a few thousand judging his decision of impartiality.

I understand he has made it clear why he intends to sit and the reason will be posted shortly. What a sad man...

Can I just get the coordinates? I'll call up the yanks and tell them it's a terrorist training cell having a pre-blitz bash. :D
Im sure you have already looked it up on Google Maps. Apparently there is to be a lecture on ''Making Sure They Pay'' The keynote speaker is a Mr. O.B. Laden late of Tora Bora Loan Company Ltd. He is sharing a room with Ken

Hopefully