• Tweets

• Well we can't predict what the judge will believe. PE will say that they responded in the deadline and you will say they don't. Nobody can tell what a random DJ will decide. However if you go for an OOC settlement you should still be able to get some money
    • What do you guys think the chances are for her?   She followed the law, they didnt, then they engage in deception, would the judge take kindly to being lied to by these clowns? If we have a case then we should proceed and not allow these blatant dishonest cheaters to succeed 
    • I have looked at the car park and it is quite clearly marked that it is  pay to park  and advising that there are cameras installed so kind of difficult to dispute that. On the other hand it doesn't appear to state at the entrance what the charge is for breaching their rules. However they do have a load of writing in the two notices under the entrance sign which it would help if you could photograph legible copies of them. Also legible photos of the signs inside the car park as well as legible photos of the payment signs. I say legible because the wording of their signs is very important as to whether they have formed a contract with motorists. For example the entrance sign itself doe not offer a contract because it states the T&Cs are inside the car park. But the the two signs below may change that situation which is why we would like to see them. I have looked at their Notice to Keeper which is pretty close to what it should say apart from one item. Under the Protection of Freedoms Act 2012 Schedule 4 Section 9 [2]a] the PCN should specify the period of parking. It doesn't. It does show the ANPR times but that includes driving from the entrance to the parking spot and then from the parking place to the exit. I know that this is a small car park but the Act is quite clear that the parking period must be specified. That failure means that the keeper is no longer responsible for the charge, only the driver is now liable to pay. Should this ever go to Court , Judges do not accept that the driver and the keeper are the same person so ECP will have their work cut out deciding who was driving. As long as they do not know, it will be difficult for them to win in Court which is one reason why we advise not to appeal since the appeal can lead to them finding out at times that the driver  and the keeper were the same person. You will get loads of threats from ECP and their sixth rate debt collectors and solicitors. They will also keep quoting ever higher amounts owed. Do not worry, the maximum. they can charge is the amount on the sign. Anything over that is unlawful. You can safely ignore the drivel from the Drips but come back to us should you receive a Letter of Claim. That will be the Snotty letter time.
    • please stop using @username - sends unnecessary alerts to people. everyone that's posted on your thread inc you gets an automatic email alert when someone else posts.  
    • he Fraser group own Robin park in Wigan. The CEO's email  is  [email protected]
  • Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
        • Thanks
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf
  • Recommended Topics

Welcome Finance - This company needs to be banned.

tightbum
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4559 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

It's such a shame to see the demise of this great financial institution. I feel sorry for the staff.....

NOT!!!!!

the staff can kiss my peachy ass for all i care, i hope they go through the same situations they have put us through......

• Replies 9.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Well They Have The Skills To Be A Collector For A Dca

Being [edit]

Any Dca In Nottingham

Allright

Ill Accept Cagboot On That Statement Even Though True

quite right post but probrably not intelligent enough to be a DCA

To be a DCA you have pass certain tests:

1. Spell there own name correctly..... this is where most DCAs fail....but to be honest anyone can spell t..t

2. Be able to Sell there granny to the highest bidder.....

3. Be able to threaten a single female until she cries.....normally mastered after one training session

4. be able to Act dead hard in front of a 10 year old....again normally mastered after one training session

5. Be able to lie, cheat, have no manners, deceive, threaten and be plain pig ignorant.

... actually come to think of it... i think you may be right post...

Edited by steven4064
editted to match previous post

Hi All

Can anyone suggest anything we can do further to get WF off our credit record? With great help on here (especially postggj), we had a CCJ set aside then Cohens 'discontinued' before it went to trial. However, that still leaves us with a blot on our credit file (no Default tho) of missed payments showing. Also we were surprised to receive a Statement from WF the other day, with added Court Costs! I was told on here that the debt could not be sold to a DCA now - how can that be? And if they are sending us Statements then surely they can just start the whole thing off again?!!!

Any help or suggestions as to where I can get further help on this will be much appreciated.

Thankyou everyone, Pru

Just a thought... maybe we should analyse the frequency and volume of WF disputes over the last few months... I'm curious if they will be increasingly aggressive with their chasing, partly to attempt to sweeten the books for any potential buyer, but also because their dogs, sorry I mean agents, are looking for one more fat commission before the fat lady sings, and they have to sing for their supper... just a thought

I think what is obvious is that they are using every tatic possible to delay any complaints against them. I am just surprised they hjaven't been handed a big fine yet for failing to provide basic details. If they do somehow manage to pull thru the complaints won't just disappear.

Ill Have A Good Look Tomorrow Ghostdebt

Hello Postggj,

Just wondered if you had the chance to look at the agreement in post #6771 yet.

I can't get the figures to add up at all and have tried several combinations.

Many thanks.

-

PLEASE NOTE - I am not a legal expert, my comments are based on information learnt or

obtained and from my own experiences.

-

Case 1 - C L Finance - Court Case 'Stayed' :-). Stay Lifted - N149 AQ Received & Filed. Case Struck Out :grin:

-

Case 2 - C L Finance - Defence Filed. N150 AQ Received & Filed. Case 'Settled by Consent' :)

-

Case 3 - EOS Solutions - No Agreement - Account Closed ~£3500. :grin:

-

Advice & opinions offered freely but informally, without prejudice & without liability.

Use your own judgment and seek advice from a qualified and insured professional if you have any doubts.

Just a thought... maybe we should analyse the frequency and volume of WF disputes over the last few months... I'm curious if they will be increasingly aggressive with their chasing, partly to attempt to sweeten the books for any potential buyer, but also because their dogs, sorry I mean agents, are looking for one more fat commission before the fat lady sings, and they have to sing for their supper... just a thought

Thats happening already, like i pointed out last Friday they have offered me a 50% discount if i pay in one lump sum, they are trying to desperately to swell the Cattles coffers in a lame hope that someone might be silly enough to purchase whats left of the disgusting excuse of a company.

Welcome Finance is dying and i for one am enjoying every second of watching these parasites squirm.

Yes very strangely they have given me a 21 day "Once in a lifetime" "Do not miss this offer to pay off your loan"....Cheeky barstewards, It sounds a bit like a DFS xmas advert...Im certain if i dont pay (and i have no intention of) that they will "extend this offer".I dropped the letter into my solicitor yesterday, he's on annual leave till a week Monday....with any luck Welcome will be history by then !!!

hi eeezzzyy,

i had the same offer from them, 50% reduction of the hp for my car.

i still had over 6k to pay on the car, reduced to 3100.

valid for 31days.

got it reduced again on the 30th day. paid just 2500 to clear hp on car.

Hello, I work in sales at WFS...they're a fantastic company to work for, but I'm guessing most of you don't care about our free vending machines and fresh deli sandwiches...

i wonder if they still have free deli sandwhiches and free vending machines...i bet this chap is long gone...goooooner

Hello, I work in sales at WFS...they're a fantastic company to work for, but I'm guessing most of you don't care about our free vending machines and fresh deli sandwiches...

i wonder if they still have free deli sandwhiches and free vending machines...i bet this chap is long gone...goooooner

probrably not as the bill wont have been paid to the vending machine company....

Cattles, the beleaguered UK subprime lender, said it had defaulted on an interest payment due to its bondholders on Sunday.

In a market statement yesterday, Cattles said that holders of about £400m of a 7.125 per cent bond due for repayment in 2017 had not received the interest payment due on July 5.

The bonds were last quoted at 11.5p in the pound on Friday, according to data from HSBC.

Cattles has been in talks with its debtholders for some time and last Wednesday dismissed six senior executives, as well as announcing the departure of David Postings, its chief executive, following an independent review of the company.

Questions had been raised after the revelation in March that the lender had incorrectly deferred impairment charges on its loan book. The error led the company to underestimate its bad debts by about £700m.

Trading in the shares of the company has been suspended since April.

Cattles' statement yesterday added that it continued to be in "constructive discussions" with its finance providers and that a further update on the situation was expected soon.

The July 5 bond payment was the first of two deadlines faced this month by the company. It has been in talks with a syndicate of 22 banks, led by Royal Bank of Scotland, to refinance £500m of wholesale funding by July 14.

The company had earlier negotiated a standstill agreement under which payments to debtholders would be suspended while a restructuring arrangement was worked out.

Discussions have been hampered, however, by disagreements among debtholders over who would rank highest in payment priority if Cattles went into administration.

The banks believe they rank ahead of bondholders because of a guarantee given to the banks by Welcome, a Cattles subsidiary, that banks and private placement noteholders will receive most of the cash the company gets back from its customers. Bondholders dispute this.

If no resolution is forthcoming in the next few weeks, then Cattles is expected to fall into administration and the debt-holder dispute is likely to go to court.

hehe lovely read i say...

but again the question would be how can cattles operate and collect debt when they are now in breach of there consumer credit licence ...they have defaulted on payments and surely now the oft must stop there licence to operate (and collect debt) which a consumer credit licence allows...to provide and collect debt..

this link states what needed from a company in order to apply for a licence and remain trading with a licence...

The Office of Fair Trading: High risk credit activities and credit competence assessments

come on your clever people lets kick this scumbags into touch

hi all

just had a company called XX recovery on the line they said that they will collect the vehicle tomoz and said that Welcome no longer RAC inspect the cars because they can't afford to. (that was quick response wow seven days from my V.T letter)(no wriiten response of course) (lets see if i get the SAR info just as quick)

I said fine so your agency will have no problem signing a bit of paper to say that the vehicle is damage free.

She said "I'll get back to you"

She then phoned again to say that welcome had told them not to sign the paper and that the vehicle would be RAC inspected at the auction...

I said yea right...no RAC inspection at my address no car...

Welcome still trying to fight dirty right to the bitter end...

Message to the (redundent) welcome finance muppets:

Do you think that I would be that stupid to hand my car over so some local lackey down at the car auctions (who isn't RAC) just so you can take me for a few more £1000's.

Just a question if you can't afford the RAC then why are you paying them to inspect at auction...Oh please, please try harder

YOU ARE WITOUT DOUBT THE BIGGEST FINANCIAL MONG IN HISTORY GET A GRIP YOU SEEDY LITTLE BACK STREET OUTFIT...YOU TRIED TO RISE ABOVE YOUR STATION AND PLAY WITH THE BIG BOYS BUT WERE FOUND WANTING. IN THE WORDS OF THE BEATLES "GET BACK JOJO...GET BACK TO WHERE YOU ONCED BELONGED"...IN YOUR CASE THE GUTTER

Edited by welcome finance warrior

hehe lovely read i say...

but again the question would be how can cattles operate and collect debt when they are now in breach of there consumer credit licence ...they have defaulted on payments and surely now the oft must stop there licence to operate (and collect debt) which a consumer credit licence allows...to provide and collect debt..

this link states what needed from a company in order to apply for a licence and remain trading with a licence...

The Office of Fair Trading: High risk credit activities and credit competence assessments

come on your clever people lets kick this scumbags into touch

well they wouldn't would they, the banks via some sort of subsidary company would enforce the agreements as would the note holders, as well as being liable for any missold insurances and secret commissions etc...i think

Welcome Finance Agreements are in breach of the Consumer Credit 1974 and also Consumer Credit Act 2006.

Anyone wants to see the listed breaches drop me a private message.

Edited by MarkieMark

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4559 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks