• Tweets

• Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf
  • Recommended Topics

Welcome Finance - This company needs to be banned.

tightbum
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4559 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• Replies 9.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Losing the will to live/fight!

My solicitor wrote to welscum 12th May with letter before action, although we are still waiting for a reply to our SAR sent in Feb. WElscum have now replied to the letter before action saying they deny liablility for mis selling of PPI.

Can somebody please clarify if my secured loan is for 180 months and my PPI cover is for 60 months and was added as a lump sum premium at the beginning of my loan is this a definate case of misselliing, just getting nervous as I think we may have to go to court and if we lose will have to pay their costs.

Also If I have the paragraph ' interest will be calculated at the rate of interest on the daily balance outstanding of the total amount of credit and the Acceptance Fee. It will be paid as part of your monthly payments'

Will this mena it could be covered under the unenforceable agreement thingy that you are all talking about?

Thanks All:)

I hate to be the voice of doom and reson BUT.......

before everyone gets excited about their agreements being unenforceable remember all cases regarding enforceability are on hold and therefore none of this is goiong to stand up in court - and do you really think Welcome are going to let it go without a court order???

I highly doubt it!

I also have to say my honest opinion is I think that as long as you have been "informed" of the acceptance fee having interest applied I think they are going to be ok - this is coming off someone that has that on her agreement so would dearly love it not to be true but I don't want to give out false hope to anyone!

However....I'm the next Cagger in court so will be prepared to test this.

With regards your question confused - if you are small claims track I believe you are not liable for costs each side is responsible for their own.

I hate to be the voice of doom and reson BUT.......

before everyone gets excited about their agreements being unenforceable remember all cases regarding enforceability are on hold and therefore none of this is goiong to stand up in court - and do you really think Welcome are going to let it go without a court order???

I highly doubt it!

I also have to say my honest opinion is I think that as long as you have been "informed" of the acceptance fee having interest applied I think they are going to be ok - this is coming off someone that has that on her agreement so would dearly love it not to be true but I don't want to give out false hope to anyone!

However....I'm the next Cagger in court so will be prepared to test this.

With regards your question confused - if you are small claims track I believe you are not liable for costs each side is responsible for their own.

Andie, can you give us a link to this. It was my understanding this was media speculation and the DJ issued a statement to that effect.

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

Hi citizenB

the theory is in this thread page 331 or just after

Sorry, I cant find it. Perhaps you can copy and paste it to a new post so it shows up here then I can get someone in to look at it for you.

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

BCOBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

it just seems to me that they have either mislead us to the amount of APR we are actually paying or .................I don't know what else the or could be to be honest.

and even if we are informed that we will get charged on interest surely by putting the wrong APR down thats misrepresentation of the figures but the original APR and the way the loan is written is covering up the interest on the fee.

see this is the rambling of a mad woman....:eek:

try looking at this citizenb, its might just be the ramblings of a mad woman though :D

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/show-post/post-2247087.html

hopefully got the right way of doing this

Pefect, post 6609 has been brought to the attention of the site team for you.:D

BCOBS

hi citizen B - are you asking to provide the link about enforceability cases being on hold??

I will try and find it but I'm sure I got it off a newspaper website so maybe you are right and it it media speculation but let me so if I can find it.

Something however tells me i've seen a thread on this site about it too.

ok...this is what I have found... I put in the loans for my OH one i have the break down of fee on the other I don't, anyway it seems they have either messed up on the APR or they are doing something else i have yet to fathom...having used 2 different APR calculators.

loan 1 total credit 1347.29

interest 667.42

repayments £83.95.......this is the calculation from the APR calculator

If I were to add the acceptance fee at £3.13 payments would go up per month to £87.08

the amount from welcome is as follows:

total credit £1347.29

interest £593.29

acceptance fee £75

repayments £83.98

not a bad difference of 3p on the repayments but the £75 was not included in APR calculator and the difference between welcomes interest and the calculators interest is approximately £75

do you see where I am going with this? does this make a difference? it in effect means the APR is wrong on the contracts (doesn't it??)

I was going to look at this but there isn't enough information. I have three questions:

1. is this over 24 months?

2. are there different amounts for the first and/or last payment?

3. what APR are Welcome quoting?

Andie, can you give us a link to this. It was my understanding this was media speculation and the DJ issued a statement to that effect.

these are what i found

Daily Express | YourMoney :: Debt-cancelling firms hit by new legal ruling

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=8519&d=1241606430

I'd love to be wrong on this so if anyone has a link to that statement that'd be great :)

just raided the works pc

younmanaged to read the judgement andie and dipply

what you think

The judgement is quite clear, the acceptance fee cannot lead a 'double life'. It is either a charge for credit and listed as such - in which case you do not pay interest on it

OR

it is credit, which must be included in the Total Credit - and you obviously pay interest on it.

They have it doing both. They even state in their precious T&C's that they charge interest on the 'Total Advance', which includes the acceptance fee!

The front of their agreement says one thing and the T&C's say the other!

It lists Section 9 (4) of the Consumer Credit Act, which actually states:

"For the purposes of this Act, an item entering into the Total Charge for Credit shall not be treated as credit, even though time is allowed for its payment"

:D

Dipply75

I am in no way a legal advisor and only speak from my own experiences and the helpful advice of those in the same boat! :p

This acceptance fee thing has had me puzzled for a while now.. please help put me out of my misery, or bear with me if i am having an air-head moment....

You guys keep mentioning the £75 acceptance fee...is this the standard fee charged on secured loans, car loans...what gives??

The reason i ask... on our 1st and subsequent 3 rewrites thereafter the acceptance fees were all £235.00...then all the interest etc added on by the looks of it..

b-o-2

ANYBODY WHO NEEDS INFO ON YOUR LEHMANS MORTGAGE

either SPML/PML/LMC/SPPL; the following are DIRECT tel#s,

of the investigating & prosecuting organisations: DONOT say you are from CAG-only directly affected or a concerned citizen.

1. Companies House: Kevin Hughes(Compliance Manager-main) @ 02920 380 633

2. CH : Lee Jenkins(prosecuting Amany Attia(MD) for SPML/PML) @ 02920 380 643

3. CH : Mark Youde(accounts compliance) @ 02920 380 955

4. Companies Investigation Branch(CIB) : Charlotte Allan @ 0207 596 6108

(part of the Insolvency Service) investigating all the Lehman lenders

5. CIB : Jeremy Pilcher('unofficial'-consumer/company lawyer) : @ 0207 637 6231

File YOUR 'Companies Investigation Branch'- CIB complaint online NOW!!!!

http://www.insolvency.gov.uk/complaintformcib.htm

dad of holly - got your PM - person of interest is away this week but wheels are in motion and the 2 weeks after should be very interesting. And yes the very top of the site tree knows :)

Thanks Andie.... look forward to hearing more... am looking foward to it.

I know brassed=off, its a blooming headache lol.

The £75 seems to be for smaller unsecured loans and £235 seems their standard for secured/car etc.

Dipply75

I am in no way a legal advisor and only speak from my own experiences and the helpful advice of those in the same boat! :p

This acceptance fee thing has had me puzzled for a while now.. please help put me out of my misery, or bear with me if i am having an air-head moment....

You guys keep mentioning the £75 acceptance fee...is this the standard fee charged on secured loans, car loans...what gives??

The reason i ask... on our 1st and subsequent 3 rewrites thereafter the acceptance fees were all £235.00...then all the interest etc added on by the looks of it..

b-o-2

cant speak for others but my acceptance fee was £75 and that was for car hp... £235 sounds very steep... i only paid that to the brokers, (not welcome), when i bought my house and that was refunded on completion... Not sure how they justify that once let alone 3 times.

Edited by dadofholly
extra info

Andi

You'll like this one...had the welscum heavy on the phone again the other day, after they had spoken to OH 10 mins earlier...LMFAO!!!!

branch manager.... think he was on work experience ...bless!!

Wants the name of our solicitors...so he can speak to them directly..wonder why??

He doesnt want to mess our credit rating up....Joker!!

He wanted so much to give me the phone number for compliance dept...Huh!! Like they are going to do something for a change??

Had a great 10 minutes on the phone... with the donkey..slowly..slowly me dangling carrot!!!:D

Anyway told the Ass to do his worst..take me to court please...see you there..cant wait...and hung up!!!

B-O-2

of the investigating & prosecuting organisations: DONOT say you are from CAG-only directly affected or a concerned citizen.

cant speak for others but my acceptance fee was £75 and that was for car hp... £235 sounds very steep... i only paid that to the brokers, (not welcome), when i bought my house and that was refunded on completion... Not sure how they justify that once let alone 3 times.

Hi Dipply / dadofholly

The 1st loan was for 8k secured, so when you put that in context with what they charge for cars, i.e 8K for a banger then £235 is very steep!!

We didn't use a broker, it was done direct with welcome in their flea pit office...Makes you wonder though.

Wonder what other caggers with secured loans can come up with re this acceptance fee ??

B-O-2

dipply sending you a pm

Hi steven4064,

1. is this over 24 months? yes

2. are there different amounts for the first and/or last payment? set payments throught the length of the loan...nothing has stated otherwise

3. what APR are Welcome quoting?

51.20% unless you look at the 42.6% in the other financial information.( I haven't compared the difference with the acceptance fee on and off of that amount though)

having checked with another member their results came up the same, they had a £75 acceptance fee too and their difference between the APR calculators interest and welcomes interest was £75.15. this is without adding the fee to the original total of credit.

Morning all :)

Brassed off, got your pm. Hmmmmm :cool:

Hi The wife. apologies if you've told us this already but have you done a SAR to welcome?

If you've had a full statement off them I bet you will see at the very start they list what you borrowed, then ADD the acceptance fee, THEN start calculating and adding interest. Their own statements are proof.

Dipply75

the subject access has been sent, am waiting for it to arrive let alone be sent back.

we already have a break down of payments and it shows the acceptance fee being paid at £4.43 cash advance at £59.05 and insurance at £20.51.

I have been using that particular account because it has all the details we need including IPT payments (sort of) so I can play around with the figures knowing what its based on..which is where my thoughts have sprung from.

I don't get brainwaves very often and they are often short lived.. LOL

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4559 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks