• Tweets

• Similar to what you've said here, just get drafting up based on what's already been sent. The mentions of the CRA2015 will be key. post your draft up here and we can help tweak.
    • Yes, well done. If you have a look at post 9 of dbuk2000's thread there are links to other cases featured on the Parking Prankster's site  https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/466177-ukpc-2x-windscreen-pncs-claimform-forgot-permit-appealed-res-parking-my-own-space-east-croft-house-86-northolt-road-south-harrow-ha2-0es-claim-dismissed/#comments Also have a read of dbuk2000's Witness Statement.  
    • PDF's now merged above... Plus extra redaction!
    • T911, Nick, thanks, I got there in the end! Without boring you with the details, it is precisely the most ridiculous cases that end up being lost - because the Cagger knows the other party's case is rubbish so doesn't do the necessary work on their own case. G24 are well aware of double dipping.  They have either done it deliberately or else have cameras which can't handle multiple visits to the car park which G24 happily leave malfunctioning so the £££££ keep rolling in. Sadly most people aren't like you.  I've just read various reviews for the Retail Park on TripAdvisor and Parkopedia.  Virtually all of them are complaining about these unfair charges for daring to spend time & money shopping in a shopping centre.  Yet no-one is refusing to pay.  They moan but think they have been fined and cough up. G24 are unlikely to do court, but it's not impossible with two tickets. Try to get evidence that you were elsewhere at these times. Often retail parks will intervene, but I've Googled & Googled and cannot find an e-mail address for the place.  Could the manager of one of your favourite shops give you a contact e-mail address for the company that run the retail park? Right at the moment I'm supposed to be teaching someone who runs two shops at the local shopping centre, but I'm not as he has had to go to a meeting with the company that runs the shopping centre, so I know for a fact that these business relationships exist!!!
    • Afternoon DX, The files were in date order. How would I put them into an acceptable format? I'm not that pc literate.  
  • Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf
  • Recommended Topics

Welcome Finance - This company needs to be banned.

tightbum
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4559 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• Replies 9.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Disputing the PPI is easy as most of it was missold .................challenging the enforceablity of the agreement is harder ...................but not much;)

Trouble is I am concerned that there may be an issue if the PPI puts it over £25k and they refund the PPI can it still be found to be unenforceable?

If They Refund The Ppi, You Would Have To Sign A New Agreement Minus The Ppi, Interest Etc

As Long As The Original Ammount Borrowed Excluding Interest Is Below 25k

You Will Be Fine

If The Ppi Element Is Bogus

Andie Knows What I Mean On That One

The Agreement As A Whole Will Be As The Ppi Element And The Loan Are Linked On One Agreement

If One Is Flawed, Both Are

What I Am Being Told Is The Banks, Or Should I Say Bank Is Very Worried Over The Misselling Of Ppi Etc

It Does Not Want To Be Saddled With This As Cattles Have Nothing In Reserve To Meet These Claims

The Auditors Have Been Very Quiet

Even To The Share Holders

They Are Very Jumpy As The Share Income Is Nill To Capital Assett

And This Illegal Commission We Been Doing Battle On

Its Scaring The Hell Out Of Cattles

confirmed

so Lets See What Wed Brings

Due to arrears built up i agreed to a re-write of our sec loan back in October. Stupid thing to do i know but i hadnt come across this site back then. The re-write would capitalise our arrears and we would have a lower figure to pay monthly. We havent missed a payment since but in the last 2 weeks we've had 4 phonecalls asking us if we would like to increase the amount we pay to lower the number of months on the agreement. We're not in a position to increase payment at the mo. Anyway during one of the calls i informed them that we had still not received a copy of the rewrite agreement and also informed them that my wife hadnt signed the agreement either. The Welcome person said that my wife DIDNT need to sign because it was a rewrite...is this correct???

Also i asked how many months the loan was for and was told it was 300 months...

hi nello

please send these cretins a cca request to get a copy of the agreement

if both you and your wife signed the original agreement, both need to sign the agreement to modify the first

did you have, well i know you had ppi etc on the agreement,

you should have had a rebate but knowing welcome like i do

get that request off quick

1 High Street,

Newtown,

Kent

R21 4RH

June 28, 2006

The Loan Company

Company House,

Church Street,

Newtown,

Kent,

R1 7HG

Dear Sir/Madam

Re:− Account/Reference Number 4563210025897412

This letter is a formal request pursuant to s.77/78 of the Consumer Credit Act 1974. I require you to provide me with a true copy of the credit agreement relating to the above account, together with any other documentation the Act requires you to provide.

I expect you to comply fully and properly with this request, within the statutory time limit. You are reminded that should you fail to comply with my request, the provisions of s.77 will apply.

If it is your view that you are not the creditor, s.175 of the CCA 1974 applies in the case of a simple assignment, and places a duty upon you to pass this request to the creditor. In the case of an absolute assignment, you are a creditor as defined by s.189. If you contend that you purchased the rights but not the duties of any agreement, you are reminded that s.189 of the Act is clear that an assignment is of both rights and duties.

Your attention is drawn to ss.5(2), 3(b),6 and 7 of the Consumer Protection from Unfair Trading Regulations 2008 (CPUTR).

I enclose a postal order in the sum of £1.00, which is the statutory fee. Note that these funds are not to be used for any other purpose.

If you are unable to comply fully and properly with this request, you should confirm this in writing at the earliest opportunity, and certainly within the statutory time limit for compliance, and return the fee.

We look forward to hearing from you.

Yours faithfully

Mr A N Other

If They Refund The Ppi, You Would Have To Sign A New Agreement Minus The Ppi, Interest Etc

As Long As The Original Ammount Borrowed Excluding Interest Is Below 25k

You Will Be Fine

If The Ppi Element Is Bogus

Andie Knows What I Mean On That One

The Agreement As A Whole Will Be As The Ppi Element And The Loan Are Linked On One Agreement

If One Is Flawed, Both Are

OK I'm confused now. lol.

Had a car with PPI. Welcome offered a secured loan to pay off the car after 9 months. Took out another loan, was never given a settlement figure, or anything in writing as to what the redemption figures were, but a checque and was told the car is now paid off. The new loan had PPI added. Arguement is, a) was not given any settlement figures on the first loan. b) never given a refund of PPI on first loan c) PPI added for a secured loan on a loan of 15 years, when it only covers 5 years.

So barister says he can go for PPI on second loan. I said what about the first loan, as this was paid off by the second loan? But, I am told this loan is not being questioned.

Confused!!!

may i ask for what reason did welcome offer a secured loan after only 9 months to pay the car off

strange

as a rule a second agreement will cancel out the first so you will not get the protection of the cca 1974 but you have a decent argument with what you have posted above to get the agreement questioned.

if welcome have not followed the corect procedure and only have there best interests at hand.

contact the fos

it will prob need a judge to sort this out

post a link to your thread

I had a dream !!

Last night I had a dream that I had gone into Welcome's local office to talk to the Branch Manager.

I was asked to take my trousers/skirt off before seeing him.

He kept me waiting an hour at least until I told him that I had to leave as I had another appointment.

He wouldn't so I could not leave without seeing him.

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Haha 1

hi

can I have some advice please regarding claim on PPI I wad taken into hospital 6 weeks ago with chest pain and was admitted to the coronary care unit thankfully everthing was okay and pain was probably brought on by stress, my doctor has signed me off I sent claim form back to Direct Group with completed forms from gp and work, today I received a letter from DG stating that they are contacting my gp for access to medical records as my gp stated that I was in hospital in 2006 with chest pains... which I was and at that time was diagnosed with angina. DG are stating that they cannot pay out as there was a pre-existing condition hence the reason they are wanting more information from my gp, my gp is saying that it is stress that I am off work for am a bit at a loss to what happens next and are they correct can anyone advise me please

many thanks

I had a dream !!

Last night I had a dream that I had gone into Welcome's local office to talk to the Branch Manager.

He kept me waiting an hour at least until I told him that I had to leave as I had another appointment.

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Wooohoo Tell us the rest of the dream already dammit!

I need to change my avatar..But cant find a good replacement.

I had a dream !!

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I second that !!!:lol::lol:

Maybe he had a hidden camera under the desk :lol:

Forsure

** One woman crusade against the rip off lenders ! **

just got this of LSE website.....end of last paragraph a bit concerning and may suggest cattles may pull through...hope not though

Publication of 2009 Annual General Meeting Circular

Cattles plc announces that the 2009 Annual General Meeting will be held on Wednesday 29 July 2009 at Saviles, Armouries Square, Armouries Drive, Clarence Dock, Leeds, LS10 1LT and will start at 11.00 a.m. The 2009 Annual General Meeting Circular and accompanying Form of Proxy will be sent to shareholders and others entitled to receive them on 27 June 2009 and copies of these documents are today being forwarded to the Financial Services Authority for publication through the Document Viewing Facility.

Copies of the 2009 Annual General Meeting Circular may be obtained from the Company Secretary, Cattles plc, Kingston House, Centre 27 Business Park, Woodhead Road, Birstall, Batley, West Yorkshire WF17 9TD and will be available on the Cattles website (www.cattles.co.uk/index.php?2009_agm) from 27 June 2009 onwards

hi

can I have some advice please regarding claim on PPI I wad taken into hospital 6 weeks ago with chest pain and was admitted to the coronary care unit thankfully everthing was okay and pain was probably brought on by stress, my doctor has signed me off I sent claim form back to Direct Group with completed forms from gp and work, today I received a letter from DG stating that they are contacting my gp for access to medical records as my gp stated that I was in hospital in 2006 with chest pains... which I was and at that time was diagnosed with angina. DG are stating that they cannot pay out as there was a pre-existing condition hence the reason they are wanting more information from my gp, my gp is saying that it is stress that I am off work for am a bit at a loss to what happens next and are they correct can anyone advise me please

many thanks

THIS IS TYPICAL OF WELCOME DIRECT GROUP

WHAT YOU NEED TO DO IS CONTACT DIRECT GROUP AND WELCOME AND ASK FOR A COPY OF THE NEEDS AND DEMANDS STATEMENT TO SEE IF THESE QUESTIONS WERE ASKED

WHICH I KNOW WERE NOT

LETS PLAY THEM AT THERE OWN GAME

CRETINS

THIS IS TYPICAL OF WELCOME DIRECT GROUP

WHAT YOU NEED TO DO IS CONTACT DIRECT GROUP AND WELCOME AND ASK FOR A COPY OF THE NEEDS AND DEMANDS STATEMENT TO SEE IF THESE QUESTIONS WERE ASKED

WHICH I KNOW WERE NOT

LETS PLAY THEM AT THERE OWN GAME

CRETINS

Arent they supposed to submit the needs and demands statement within a S.A.R ???? I know they didnt supply me with one, just a copy of the credt agreement and a account statement ( I think anyway - Im at work and cannot check ). My complaint is now with the FOS as you probably know, is it worth me re-submitting a S.A.R or wait for the FOS ? They wrote to me the back end of last week advising they now had all the info they requested from Welcome and were awaiting to pass my case to an adjudicator........:)

Forsure

** One woman crusade against the rip off lenders ! **

The Reason They Dont Put Them In The Sar Is Most Of The Time, There Are None

They Were Just After The Commision

No Statement Of Means, As It Forms Part Of The Agreement,

Result

No Agreement

As Ive Said Before

You Could Be A 100 A Day Smoker And A Sky Diver

Would You Give That Person Life Insurance

No Statement Of Means

Ppi Is Crap

Period

Then Dont Get Me Going On Undisclosed Commission Payments Between Welcom/direc/ And Norwich Union

may i ask for what reason did welcome offer a secured loan after only 9 months to pay the car off

strange

as a rule a second agreement will cancel out the first so you will not get the protection of the cca 1974 but you have a decent argument with what you have posted above to get the agreement questioned.

if welcome have not followed the corect procedure and only have there best interests at hand.

contact the fos

it will prob need a judge to sort this out

Thanks, here is my link

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/welcome-finance/206899-taking-welcome-court.html#post2257013

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4559 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks