Welcome Finance - This company needs to be banned.

tightbum
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4559 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• Replies 9.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

don't you think they had enough of our hard earned dosh???

Not to help them out, to buy the debt portfolio. Then we either follow the superb Cattles business model or alternatively hire a civil servant to leave the data disk on a train somewhere. I've got nothing to do with Welcome but I'd chip in :D.

The second would be to sell them to companies that are prepared to buy them, the latter being aware of the problems they are likely to be inheriting. It will be their call as to whether they think they will be able to collect enough money to make a profit on their purchase.

The last lot were sold for 2p per £1....they go to profit if they collect in 2%...

Originally Posted by IainHL

The second would be to sell them to companies that are prepared to buy them, the latter being aware of the problems they are likely to be inheriting

I seriously doubt that!

Really Steven? Can there be anyone in the debt collection industry that is unaware of the toxic bag that would be a Welcome debt portfolio?

The last lot were sold for 2p per £1....they go to profit if they collect in 2%...

That is a gobsmackingly low percentage. :eek:

I think I'm with dawnytrish on this, it gives a starting point for a F&F. Thanks for the information gandalf.

Really Steven? Can there be anyone in the debt collection industry that is unaware of the toxic bag that would be a Welcome debt portfolio?
It happens all the time - debts are sold off in lots of 100s or 1000s at a few perce in the pound. The buyer onlyhas to persuade a few punter to pay up to be quid in.

Lol...I don't think it quite works like that. They're in it to make a profit...the 2p:£1 ratio probably goes on the basis that to break even they need to collect in 2% of the entire book they've bought. So the assumption will be that they will want to collect 1:50 of the loans in its entirity to break even...don't forget they will only sell debts that would be too costly to continue persuing, overseas skips..amongst them.

Not to help them out, to buy the debt portfolio. Then we either follow the superb Cattles business model or alternatively hire a civil servant to leave the data disk on a train somewhere. I've got nothing to do with Welcome but I'd chip in :grin:.
i think you'd have to buy them in serious bulk to even have a sniff at a debt portfolio...:p

If you want to short settle, you're best speaking to the branches...though realistically they tend not accept less than 75% of the total balance....though they have gone lower. You are probably going to get more vigorously persued by MKDP as they ONLY focus on bad debts...best not to let it get that far.

Edited by gandalf haggins

This is a message for anyone having trouble with Welcome

If the agreement you have includes insurance, we are pretty sure the agreement will be in big trouble.

The reason for this is that we are pretty sure that Welcome paid themselves a commission on that insurance - by that, I mean that they paid Norwich Union (or whoever) a certain amount for the policy but then charged you more.

Of course the agreement doesn't tell you that and therein lies their problem.

You see, the law is pretty clear. Hidden commissions are a big no no. They have the potential to make the whole agreement void (that's even better than unenforceable). Even if a court didn't declare the agreement void, they would have to declare it unenforceable anyway.

This is because, a commission is part of the cost of credit not part of the loan amount. THerefore, the loan amount, the cost of credit and the APR are all wrong on the agreement. They are also terms prescribed in schedule 1 of the Consumer Crecit (Agreements) Regulations 1983. the fact that they are wrong makes the agreement unenforceable under s61 of the CCA 1974.

Details of the amount Welcome paid for the insurance policy are contained in a document called the underwriting sheet. Ask Welcome for a copy. They won't give it you, but if push comes to shove you can get a court to order them to give it to you. Any case they might then try to make against you will go out of the window.

Glad to hear what some of us already suspected being more or less confirmed. Sounds like a fellow cagger may have got a bit of a result.

How does this work though if as in my case i had a hp aggreement for a car through a broker.

Welcome claim no misselling by them as it was the broker who sold the insurance and they only provided the finance. (not strictly true as the insurance was one of theirs and direct group have admitted this)

BUT - i do have evidence they provided the broker with a commission for the finance of the car AND the insurance.

can i still chase them for undeclared commission - and who do i go for the broker, welcome or both?

I don't have a result yet but my suspicions have been greatly increased (not proven yet mind - watch this space).

If you have evidence that the broker got paid a commission which is not declared then you should go after the broker for hidden commissions. It is the broker that has the position of trust and it is they that have acted unlawfullly if they broke that trust. have a look at the case of Wilson v Hurstanger

This is a message for anyone having trouble with Welcome

If the agreement you have includes insurance, we are pretty sure the agreement will be in big trouble.

The reason for this is that we are pretty sure that Welcome paid themselves a commission on that insurance - by that, I mean that they paid Norwich Union (or whoever) a certain amount for the policy but then charged you more.

Of course the agreement doesn't tell you that and therein lies their problem.

You see, the law is pretty clear. Hidden commissions are a big no no. They have the potential to make the whole agreement void (that's even better than unenforceable). Even if a court didn't declare the agreement void, they would have to declare it unenforceable anyway.

This is because, a commission is part of the cost of credit not part of the loan amount. THerefore, the loan amount, the cost of credit and the APR are all wrong on the agreement. They are also terms prescribed in schedule 1 of the Consumer Crecit (Agreements) Regulations 1983. the fact that they are wrong makes the agreement unenforceable under s61 of the CCA 1974.

Details of the amount Welcome paid for the insurance policy are contained in a document called the underwriting sheet. Ask Welcome for a copy. They won't give it you, but if push comes to shove you can get a court to order them to give it to you. Any case they might then try to make against you will go out of the window.

This is correct and Postggj knows why I can't say how i know - but BELIEVE me I KNOW!!!

I had a call from Nottingham today to advise me that the Sunderland branch would be closing and my account moved to head office.

My reply to this news was "Happy Dayd" the guy on the other end of the phone didnt know what to say to that.

dum dum dum another one bites the dust.....*gladiator style lol*

I am a consumer just like you, please get a second opinion or investigate yourself on anything I advise as I am in no way legally trained. Everything I know has come from the Mighty CAG and fellow CAGGERS. :cool:

If I have helped in any way please click my reputation star and make a donation to CAG to enable us all to continue to help each other :cool:

Hi my daughter took out a loan with Welcome finance in 2007 for £2000 she paid 9 payments (£1546.320 and settled the load by paying £2649.57 in Sept 2007 which means she paid over £2000 interest for 9 months. This included PPI which she was told she had to have the insurance to secure the loan and she is now in the process of requesting repayment of PPI. The breakdown of the settlement is quite confusing as it states default interest/interest reversal £1546.32 interest on settlement £204.21 can anyone explain this as they wont even though we have written on numerous occasions, the latest 2 months ago and I was informed last week that they were short staffed and the letter that was received 2 mnths ago has not been scanned onto my daughters file because of the staff shortages but they were hoping to recruit in the next couple of months

you need to start your own thread BP.

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Cattles PLC - Interim Management Statement

LINK DIDNT WORK

RNS Number : 1898M Cattles PLC 19 May 2010

19 May 2010

CATTLES plc

INTERIM MANAGEMENT STATEMENT

INTRODUCTION

Cattles plc ("Cattles") today provides its Interim Management Statement covering the period since 31 December 2009.

Cattles announced its audited results for 2008 on 12 May 2010 and intends to announce its results for 2009 in the near future. Shareholders should be aware that again Cattles will be reporting a significant loss for the year ended 31 December 2009 and a negative value for shareholders' funds. As stated on 16 December 2009, the shares are likely to have little or no value.

The cash collection performance of the Welcome Finance ("Welcome") loan book has been as forecast for the first quarter of 2010. Shopacheck and The Lewis Group have made satisfactory starts to 2010.

CURRENT TRADING

A summary of the performance in 2010 by each of the Group's businesses is set out below. All numbers are unaudited.

Welcome

Welcome has historically provided direct repayment loans to over 500,000 customers from a nationwide branch network. On 16 December 2009, the Cattles Board announced to shareholders its recommendation that there should be no further lending in Welcome and that instead the book should be collected out.

On 5 February 2010, Cattles announced the closure of circa 70 Local Management Branches and Local Collections Units nationwide. Welcome entered into a consultation process from that date with staff affected by the proposals, of whom approximately 450 received notice that they were at risk of redundancy and subsequently 382 will leave the business.

On 7 May 2010, Cattles announced a proposal to close 18 branches nationwide and a contraction in the current operations management and their support staff in line with the smaller number of branches. Welcome entered into a consultation process from that date, with staff affected by the proposals, of whom approximately 155 received notice that they were at risk of redundancy.

Welcome's cash collections in the first three months of 2010 were £145 million. Cash collections since this date are in line with management's expectations. Net loans and receivables at 31 March 2010 amounted to £1.1 billion (31 December 2008: £2.2 billion). The reduction reflects cash collected in the 15 month period with no significant further lending, and further impairment of the book.

Shopacheck

Shopacheck provides short-term home collected loans through a nationwide branch network and at 31 March 2010 had 222,000 customers (31 December 2008: 235,000 customers).

Shopacheck continues to lend to new customers. Shopacheck has made a good start to 2010 and its cash collections for the three months ended 31 March 2010 were £38.5 million. Net loans and receivables at 31 March 2010 were £58 million (31 December 2008: £80 million). The reduction in net loans and receivables reflects the seasonality of the lending and a tightening of credit criteria.

The Lewis Group

The Lewis Group, a UK leader in debt recovery and investigation services, provides these services to external clients and both Welcome and Shopacheck. In 2010, The Lewis Group has refocused its strategy on contingent debt collection and by the end of 2010 its commitments to acquire further debt will have been completed. Debt purchases in the three months ended 31 March 2010 were £5.5 million.

Cash collections in the three months to 31 March 2010 were £26.2 million. Purchased debt balances at 31 March 2010 were £144 million (31 December 2008: £154 million).

RESTRUCTURING

Cattles is currently engaged in ongoing discussions with representatives of its key financial creditors in order to progress proposals for a consensual restructuring. Those discussions have been constructive and demonstrate continuing progress towards a consensual restructuring.

On 12 May 2010, the Court of Appeal heard the appeal of Party A and the subsequent cross-appeal of the Royal Bank of Scotland Plc of the decision of the High Court on the application of Cattles to seek a determination in relation to whether the terms contained within certain cross-guarantee documentation operate to subordinate the Company's claims against its subsidiaries, including Welcome Financial Services Limited, to the claims of certain bank creditors. This appeal and a cross-appeal were brought as part of consensual discussions between all parties.

On 13 May 2010, the Court of Appeal unanimously handed down a decision that upheld the decision of the High Court which is explained in the Company's announcement dated 14 December 2009. The cross-appeal in relation to the Cherry v Boultbee issues was stayed.

After judgment was handed down, Party A sought permission from the Court of Appeal to appeal this decision to the Supreme Court. The Court of Appeal did not give such permission and Party A has 28 days from 13 May 2010 to appeal to the Supreme Court for permission to appeal the Court of Appeal's decision.

ENQUIRIES

Margaret Young, Executive Chairman, Cattles plc Tel: 020 7269 7252

Jamie Drummond-Smith, Finance Director, Cattles plc

Paul Marriott, Financial Dynamics

This information is provided by RNS The company news service from the London Stock Exchange

Dear All.

Who really cares where they move or who they are, they are one of many that have scammed us all and now the tables have turned, many more will go down if we all fight.

Keep up the good work, I am not paying them nothing.

Mash

XXXX

pointless threat-o-gram

be better if you post this on your existing? thread so we know the history

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4559 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks