• Tweets

• OK, relenting on my above irritated post ... It's worth defending it.  At the very least they are likely to offer a deal. Plus  PE have added two completely invented amounts.  The £100 charge has morphed into £125.  Then they've added £50 legal representative's costs although they have no legal representative.  Even if it went all the way to court and you lost, the  judge would likely disallow the made up £25 + £50. Please fill in the sticky as dx asked. Then dx will be on with details of how to defend.
    • Quite interesting that the Conservative East Midlands  Mayor candidate doesnt mention conservative on his promotion LOL   but he does claim that he, a Conservative politician, is the man to fix the 14 years of Conservative devastation of the region - inc 'fixing' problems inc the utter devastation of the roads, bus and train services that his party have  imposed   Must all rotate around the meaning of fixing he actually means .. fixing noun dishonest activity to make certain that a competition, race, or election is won by a particular person:   .. or perhaps he just means 'fixing' - preventing change
    • Yes, absolutely normal for them to waste everybody's time and money by asking for more time – which they are entitled to do, of course – but it is simply a waste of time. They use prepared template defences. They know they are in the wrong but they simply want to make your life tough because they don't care about you. However do keep an eye out. You never know there is just a 1% chance that they could miss the deadline in which case you should apply for judgement immediately.
    • Will check back in when the SAR from MCB is back and get advice on how to raise the formal complaint and what to say x
    • With the best will in the world stop being an idiot.   Feeling bad because of a soulless entity that couldn't give a **** about you.   Life happens, it's how we move on.   SAR to MCB. Once info is back, raise a formal complaint.
  • Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf
  • Recommended Topics

Welcome Finance - This company needs to be banned.

tightbum
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4558 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi post - didn't realise you worked for them, however your explanation of how a 12 month loan turns in to 60 month mirrors my situation. They must have seen me coming. Never mind after a Cohens strike out guess I have had last laugh. Funny thing is I wanted to pay them at a rate I could afford, only looked for Cag help when they wouldn't listen.

I take it your pension is not tied up on those cattle shares??

• Replies 9.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Hi post - didn't realise you worked for them, however your explanation of how a 12 month loan turns in to 60 month mirrors my situation. They must have seen me coming. Never mind after a Cohens strike out guess I have had last laugh. Funny thing is I wanted to pay them at a rate I could afford, only looked for Cag help when they wouldn't listen.

I take it your pension is not tied up on those cattle shares??

KNOCKED BACK ON THAT ONE

HOW DO I REPLY

ILL LEAVE IT

CAGBOOT WILL GO INTO OVERDRIVE

My OH and myself are a bit confused about the HP loan taken out on a car.

The letter my OH received from Welcome says he owes 14k but on his experian report it says 10k so how much does he owe?

I know it's the 14k but why are they then lying to the cra?

I don't get it, can anyone shed any light on this and what if anything should he do?

Hi all,

Just a quick update on things.

I have not had the guts and Bo**ocks to start this fight with welcome evn tho i know what they have done is VERY wrong.

So....... I was at work on Thursday 13th August and i recieve a voicemail message from welcome asking me to give them a call ??????? Upto this point i have been with them for 6-7 years and never ever missed a payment etc a model customer they called me LMFAO.

Anyways when i ring them back to see what they wanted it was to offer me a SUBSTANTIAL saving on my loan account. "We can see from our records that you have never missed a payment and with our interest rate being soooooo high we would like to make you a offer" ??? "You have another 28 payments left of £325 which works out at over 9k" (I'm amazed they managed to calculate that one correctly) "We would like to offer you the chance to reduce your loan acount with an early settlement figure" ???? Since using welcome 6-7 years ago my credit rating has gone through the roof and i generally don't get turned down for anything i apply for now days. ANYWAYS they would like me with my uprated credit status to apply to my high street bank for a loan and they would accept a settlement figure of 5k "SAVING ME A MASSIVE 4k" !!!!! WOW what a saving i thought (NOT).

So guys it looks like they are trying to grab in every penny they can !!

Would anyone like to advise me on what to do ??

MANY MANY THANKS

personally id be tempted to say no..see how much further you can knock them down...

..think the suggestions on here is to offer them 10p in the pound!!!

ANYBODY WHO NEEDS INFO ON YOUR LEHMANS MORTGAGE

either SPML/PML/LMC/SPPL; the following are DIRECT tel#s,

of the investigating & prosecuting organisations: DONOT say you are from CAG-only directly affected or a concerned citizen.

1. Companies House: Kevin Hughes(Compliance Manager-main) @ 02920 380 633

2. CH : Lee Jenkins(prosecuting Amany Attia(MD) for SPML/PML) @ 02920 380 643

3. CH : Mark Youde(accounts compliance) @ 02920 380 955

4. Companies Investigation Branch(CIB) : Charlotte Allan @ 0207 596 6108

(part of the Insolvency Service) investigating all the Lehman lenders

5. CIB : Jeremy Pilcher('unofficial'-consumer/company lawyer) : @ 0207 637 6231

File YOUR 'Companies Investigation Branch'- CIB complaint online NOW!!!!

http://www.insolvency.gov.uk/complaintformcib.htm

Can anyone answer my previous post please?

What can OH do regarding welcome telling him one amount and experian about 4k less?

Could he hold them to the amount they are telling experian do you think or will they just say it's a mistake? Probably eh.

Hi I'm not sure if I am posting in the correct place but can anyone give me some advice? I have a secured loan with Welcome approx £17000 still owed. Tey have been a nightmare from start to finish (long story that I wont go into at this time!!) But they have never given me any copies of the original, agreement that I signed (I have asked a number of times for them to provide them). I suspect that they don't have anything signed by me. So my question is, am I within my rights to insist they provide copies? If they don't or cannot provide "proof" that I took out the loan am I able to contest the loan? Or am I being stupid?? Any assistance greatly received!

Many thanks

Bywaysandhighways

Hi everyone,

I had a shock this morning when I opened my post.....:eek:

I had a letter from the DCU branch in Sutton, Surrey.

Some of you might remember but I have been asking WF for many months to let me have in writing that they would freeze all interest and other charges now that I am on a reduced monthly amount.

I sent them a CCCS income and expenditure statement at that time.

Their letter was headed WITHOUT PREJUDICE and said as follows:

Dear Voda,

Re: Account: xxxxxxx

We are pleased to confirm acceptance of the following arrangement:

Amount Payable Monthly : £xx.xx

Payments Due : 15th, commencing August 2009

Payment Method : Cheque

This arrangement will be reviewed quarterly and is subject to an up to date income and expenditure statement, as discussed during our telephone conversation on July xxth.

We can confirm that interest and charges are now frozen on the above numbered account, subject to quarterly review and receipt of your income and expenditure statement.

Yours sincerely,

LCU Branch Manager

I see that they headed the letter Without Prejudice in case this ever went to court.

H 'mmmmmmmmmmm :(

Finally the letter was dated the 3rd of August and I only received it this morning, the 17th !!!

A payment was due two day's ago.....:rolleyes:

I will call them and ask if they need any stamps ....;)

Have a nice day ....:smile:

Voda

hi new welcome fighter

send a cca request for the agreement

if they dont reply with in 14 days you can legally with hold payment

may i sugest starting your own thread, you will get more help that way

Hi Postggj, I have already sent sar and cca its been more than 14 days I got a letter from them today aknowledging my sarn request and that it is being processed and thamking me for the Eleven pound payment. Nothing regarding cca which is now overdue. The Cca is not even mentioned in the letter. Is this not a breach on their part? What do I do next.

Also I wanted to thank everyone on here for teaching me so much. A handful of you are brilliant? ~( you know who you are !)

oh someone had their idiotic hat on when they send me a letter over the weekend trying to think they scare me with their idiotic threats disguised as legal jargon - get a life...............oh and get looking for a new job!

Seriously!!!

Hi everyone,

I had a shock this morning when I opened my post.....:eek:

I had a letter from the DCU branch in Sutton, Surrey.

Some of you might remember but I have been asking WF for many months to let me have in writing that they would freeze all interest and other charges now that I am on a reduced monthly amount.

I sent them a CCCS income and expenditure statement at that time.

Their letter was headed WITHOUT PREJUDICE and said as follows:

Dear Voda,

Re: Account: xxxxxxx

We are pleased to confirm acceptance of the following arrangement:

Amount Payable Monthly : £xx.xx

Payments Due : 15th, commencing August 2009

Payment Method : Cheque

This arrangement will be reviewed quarterly and is subject to an up to date income and expenditure statement, as discussed during our telephone conversation on July xxth.

We can confirm that interest and charges are now frozen on the above numbered account, subject to quarterly review and receipt of your income and expenditure statement.

Yours sincerely,

LCU Branch Manager

I see that they headed the letter Without Prejudice in case this ever went to court.

H 'mmmmmmmmmmm :(

Finally the letter was dated the 3rd of August and I only received it this morning, the 17th !!!

A payment was due two day's ago.....:rolleyes:

I will call them and ask if they need any stamps ....;)

Have a nice day ....:smile:

Voda

FINALLY!!! lol - persistance pays though well done.

I would however write back

Dear Idiots

Whilst I will be accpeting your offer please note that it smacks of desperation and please do not try to call me mid month to ask me to pay early or via debit card as my response is very likely to offend.

Of course with the heading in big bold letters WITHOUT PREJUDICE lol :D

Not sure if anything is going on at my local WF branch, but passed it today on the way home, and the office looks as if it has been abandoned, with large storage boxes, bag all pile high in the windows!!

A sign of things to come perhaps!

Do Nothing

Welcome Are Stuffed With No Cca

They Can Do Sfa

Shame

Is there any way I can Confirm that they have aknowledged / received the CCA though. I sent them in two seperate envelopes Each containing postal orders. But in the response I have received they thank me for the eleven pounds! This means that they have aknowledged both right...... ? (Sar = £10 + Cca = £1.

If they don't have Cca then are they not obliged to tell me this within a set period? Cos if they dont have it then there must be a way I can have the default removed and my files ammended?

Also ,I'd love to know why the amount they say I owe is different to what is on my credit file with experian??? WTF! I'd also like to find out why they have a payment showing as paid on the Ac earlier this year that I never made???

I'd love some help, Ive been 'beaten up' by them for a long time and I really want them to get what they deserve (let alone a nights sleep without having to worry about getting out of this hole.

THANK YOU ALL.

Ok Dodge

Ill Be Brief

Welcome Have In Total 14 Days To Send You Your Cca

In Law, The Amount Of Time A Creditor Has To Respond And Have Delt With A Complaint Is Eight Weeks Then You Can Escalate It To The Fos

As Said Before

You Need To Send Welcome An Sar To Get The True Picture On How They Are Conning You

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4558 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks