Welcome Finance - This company needs to be banned.

tightbum
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4597 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• Replies 9.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

hey B-O-2

men in blue dealing yet??

Hi Andi

No not yet, am a bit up to my eyes with DD's Nursery at the moment...you know, when i say CP issues/ofstead and the like....:-x

But have no fear, it's on my todo list for the end of term break...

Received interesting things back off the land reg yesterday, just giving them a few more days to see if anything else turns up!

The one most recent thing i need, didn't turn up, but the previous one dated 2007 did, so its off to see a solicitor i think, then the boys in blue i think.

Still no sar received, the compliance date for that was on Monday, this week. Also still waiting for the arranged phonecall from the "local office" since last Wednesday!!!

Sounds like an interesting guy, Tony Hetherington does ...nice find Andi.;)

ANYBODY WHO NEEDS INFO ON YOUR LEHMANS MORTGAGE

either SPML/PML/LMC/SPPL; the following are DIRECT tel#s,

of the investigating & prosecuting organisations: DONOT say you are from CAG-only directly affected or a concerned citizen.

1. Companies House: Kevin Hughes(Compliance Manager-main) @ 02920 380 633

2. CH : Lee Jenkins(prosecuting Amany Attia(MD) for SPML/PML) @ 02920 380 643

3. CH : Mark Youde(accounts compliance) @ 02920 380 955

4. Companies Investigation Branch(CIB) : Charlotte Allan @ 0207 596 6108

(part of the Insolvency Service) investigating all the Lehman lenders

5. CIB : Jeremy Pilcher('unofficial'-consumer/company lawyer) : @ 0207 637 6231

File YOUR 'Companies Investigation Branch'- CIB complaint online NOW!!!!

http://www.insolvency.gov.uk/complaintformcib.htm

Hi, I need a little help. My husband took out a loan with welcome just before christmas to be repaid over 12 months, we just checked it and it is over 24 months instead (don't ask me how I have no idea) my husband took the ppi too, but for what ever reason they have him as having no dependents (we have 4 kids) and 2 weeks after last months payment being paid he gets a threatening phone call to pay his loan which had already been paid by direct debit. any help is appreciated. MissDemeaner x

Hi, I need a little help. My husband took out a loan with welcome just before christmas to be repaid over 12 months, we just checked it and it is over 24 months instead (don't ask me how I have no idea) my husband took the ppi too, but for what ever reason they have him as having no dependents (we have 4 kids) and 2 weeks after last months payment being paid he gets a threatening phone call to pay his loan which had already been paid by direct debit. any help is appreciated. MissDemeaner x

hi I know exactly what this i like I took out a 12 month loan that magically turned into a 36 month one. how did you take out the loan was it done over the phone?

Morning all. For the credit rating thing, I am guessing its because they are a little thick and pretty busy right now :D

They have been contacted by the CRA and instead of looking out your file and correcting it they have just agreed to delete it...doh!

Funnily enough Andie, I am writing to Tony Hetherington about a British Gas thing lol....great idea, he does NOT like companies like this!

Dipply75

I am in no way a legal advisor and only speak from my own experiences and the helpful advice of those in the same boat! :p

Hey everybody, query Welcome info on your credit report...whether correct or not (will all be wrong if you think about it) and lets see if they all disappear!

Wonder if they are too busy etc to do all the checking and just amend/delete whatever!

Dipply75

I am in no way a legal advisor and only speak from my own experiences and the helpful advice of those in the same boat! :p

Voda is right, something we should all do is to start kicking up a stink collectively.

I spoke about this a while ago on another thread but how about we do template letters for the FSA, Chief Exec of NU, head of DG, David Postings, Consumer Direct, OFT, Trading Standards...anyone else?

Complain about:

Insurances - the advice given/tactics used by the salespeople (FSA, NU, DG)

Misselling - standard paperwork required by the FSA ridiculously non compliant and contains NONE of the information promised or required (FSA, NU, DG)

Commission/Bonus - you understand a commission or bonus was paid to the salesperson responsible for advising you to buy the policies but this has never been mentioned or disclosed (FSA, OFT, NU, DG)

Unfair & misleading treatment - under the FSA Principle "Treating customers fairly" you have a duty to be opne and honest if your dealings with me yet

Any more suggestions? If we draw up a few templates, folk can add or amend to suit and get them all sent and CC a copy of each on to David Postings and the FSA and OFT....the more of us do this the less the regulators can ignore it.

And lets not forget, NU are responsible for the behaviour and advice of its agents ;)

Dipply75

hi I know exactly what this i like I took out a 12 month loan that magically turned into a 36 month one. how did you take out the loan was it done over the phone?

Yes it was done over the phone, but to be fair we just never noticed that the number hwas 24 and not 12 like agreed over the phone. MissDemeaner x

Hi Dipply75,

We have a plan then.

I cannot stand firms like Welcome who treat their customers like ****.

They NEVER reply to my simple questions in writing or indeed by phone now.

Would you be interested in being the co-ordinator of the template letters?

My experience is more in Sales but I know the power of the televised media having used them in the past.

Take care

Voda

Voda is right, something we should all do is to start kicking up a stink collectively.

I spoke about this a while ago on another thread but how about we do template letters for the FSA, Chief Exec of NU, head of DG, David Postings, Consumer Direct, OFT, Trading Standards...anyone else?

Complain about:

Insurances - the advice given/tactics used by the salespeople (FSA, NU, DG)

Misselling - standard paperwork required by the FSA ridiculously non compliant and contains NONE of the information promised or required (FSA, NU, DG)

Commission/Bonus - you understand a commission or bonus was paid to the salesperson responsible for advising you to buy the policies but this has never been mentioned or disclosed (FSA, OFT, NU, DG)

Unfair & misleading treatment - under the FSA Principle "Treating customers fairly" you have a duty to be opne and honest if your dealings with me yet

Any more suggestions? If we draw up a few templates, folk can add or amend to suit and get them all sent and CC a copy of each on to David Postings and the FSA and OFT....the more of us do this the less the regulators can ignore it.

And lets not forget, NU are responsible for the behaviour and advice of its agents ;)

Yeah I totally agree. Something definitely needs to be done about Welcome.

In regards to the Credit Expert thing, should I write a letter or e-mail asking about my credit history and how many entries they have made against my credit file ?

Any thoughts Welcome ( pardon the Pun ) :lol:

Forsure

** One woman crusade against the rip off lenders ! **

Good morning to all my fellow Welcome Fighters.

I needed a break from this thread and WFS and managed the whole day without a single look. Makes for good reading when you get back online.

I agree with Dipply that we should raise some sort of consumer petition and submit to anyone who will listen.

Like I mentioned in several other posts, the contracts are meant to be clear and understanding no matter who you are. You would have to be a genius to work out the agreements. All three accounts people I have handed my agreement to are all stunned at how complex it is. Every single one came back and asked if I had done the maths and why did I sign it without checking it out first. My first answer is desperation and pressure selling.

Anyhow just an idea.

Stewie

I need to change my avatar..But cant find a good replacement.

Good morning to all my fellow Welcome Fighters.

I needed a break from this thread and WFS and managed the whole day without a single look. Makes for good reading when you get back online.

I agree with Dipply that we should raise some sort of consumer petition and submit to anyone who will listen.

Like I mentioned in several other posts, the contracts are meant to be clear and understanding no matter who you are. You would have to be a genius to work out the agreements. All three accounts people I have handed my agreement to are all stunned at how complex it is. Every single one came back and asked if I had done the maths and why did I sign it without checking it out first. My first answer is desperation and pressure selling.

Anyhow just an idea.

Stewie

Wooohooo Ive hit 501 posts!!! Sheesh how time flys when you having fun!!!

I need to change my avatar..But cant find a good replacement.

just found some more x welcome employee ststements, you never know there may be something in them to help us.

I worked for Welcome Finance for about 4 years and i can tell you that they have no regard for their customers. We shamefully treated our customers with disregard and as for the charges (if you review your breakdown you will note they have charged you for any letters/telephone calls they have made) Also they would have continued to charge you interest throughout the period you were not able to make payments.

How Welcome work is each Customer Account Manager is a list of clients to look after and their bonuses are assessed depending on what percentage of their customers do not pay. You are allowed a certain ammount however if you go above this you lose bonus as does your branch/area manager etc so the pressures on.

Anyway in terms of you payment - tell them that you are disgusted with their behaviour and are contacting trading standards (this normally would put the s**tters in our office if a customer threatened this) Also tell them their charges are excessive and illegal (recent legislation regarding bank charges should apply to loans too i think)

Remain strong and tell them that you will offer them part payment full and final as settlement if not tell them you will get a Debt Management Company to deal with your fianances and pay £2.00 a month to pay it off! This should make them come to their senses.

In my 5 yrs working for them we never ONCE took anyone to court for non-payment purely because of the disgusting interests rates we charged the company didnt want bad publicity.

I will check up on here in a few days time to see how you got along and if i can help in any other way.

There is an article on Cattles in the financial pages of the Guardian today.

Something I don't understand about it though, it said that FSA does not regulate Cattles' lending yet on every letter I have seen from Welcome it says that they are regulated by the FSA?

I assume there is a difference between being 'regulated' and regulating the lending part?

I was hoping someone here would be able to explain the difference.

Hi mojo8,

Thank you for your kind offer to help us all.

Your assistance will be very valuable ....:)

Voda

just found some more x welcome employee ststements, you never know there may be something in them to help us.

I worked for Welcome Finance for about 4 years and i can tell you that they have no regard for their customers. We shamefully treated our customers with disregard and as for the charges (if you review your breakdown you will note they have charged you for any letters/telephone calls they have made) Also they would have continued to charge you interest throughout the period you were not able to make payments.

How Welcome work is each Customer Account Manager is a list of clients to look after and their bonuses are assessed depending on what percentage of their customers do not pay. You are allowed a certain ammount however if you go above this you lose bonus as does your branch/area manager etc so the pressures on.

Anyway in terms of you payment - tell them that you are disgusted with their behaviour and are contacting trading standards (this normally would put the s**tters in our office if a customer threatened this) Also tell them their charges are excessive and illegal (recent legislation regarding bank charges should apply to loans too i think)

Remain strong and tell them that you will offer them part payment full and final as settlement if not tell them you will get a Debt Management Company to deal with your fianances and pay £2.00 a month to pay it off! This should make them come to their senses.

In my 5 yrs working for them we never ONCE took anyone to court for non-payment purely because of the disgusting interests rates we charged the company didnt want bad publicity.

I will check up on here in a few days time to see how you got along and if i can help in any other way.

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4597 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks