walton v rbos

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4868 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'd say i've made them aware of wrongdoing in previous meetings. There was consensus on one main point though, the F word, Shhhhh.

Paul

felt really alienated until dis!!

post office WON 12/11/06

abbey.LBA sent 30/10/06.MCOL claim submitted 8/11/06.allocation questionnaire sent 16/12/06.schedule of charges sent 16/12/06.WON

2nd abbey claim SAR sent 3/1/07.WON.complaint letter sent 18/1/08

alliance and Leicester.WON

I can't resist, TS are forwarding a letter with a threat to prosecute regarding non compliance . Like i've said nothings set in stone. Close, but no Ciiigar.

I will post the letter as and when.

An appeaser is one who feeds a crocodile, hoping it will eat him last. <br />

Winston Churchill

Is there to be a further update in the Grauniad tomorrow ?

There will be an update but not tomorrow. How many have you had - Grauniad.

Paul

Winston Churchill

There will be an update but not tomorrow. How many have you had - Grauniad.

Paul

Not that many :cool:

Urban Dictionary: grauniad

The Grauniad is a nickname for the UK national newpaper, the Guardian, because of a now ill-founded reputation for typos. The name was given to it by the satirical magazine Private Eye. The Guardian newspaper earned its reputation for lots of misprints in the days of hot-metal printing when it was published in Manchester (it was originally called the Manchester Guardian), and the editions that appeared in London were very early editions brought down by train, before all the errors had been spotted.

Sorry about that, just looked it up.

2. Grauniad

thumbsdown.gif

In the UK, there is a left-wing newspaper called The Guardian which is famed for it's abundance of typos and spelling mistakes which make it through the editing process. One time, they printed their own name as "The Grauniad" and since then it has stuck as an affectionate nickname.

John likes to read The Grauniad.

My Mp emailed last night, he will forward me a copy of his latest letter to the Chairman's office.

Winston Churchill

Interesting media development. Watch this space!

The OFT have also confirmed today that the debtor's name and address must be included in the "true copy" pursuant to a sec 77-79 request. Oh dear RBS.

Paul

Winston Churchill

I had a word with a corporate tax accountant today

She said that if a bank stops charging a customer interest, they would still be making a record of the interest that would have been charged and they would write that off to get a tax reduction.

She thought that might be what RBoS were up to with 2 sets of accounts, nothing f....ulent about it.

Be interesting to see what turns up though ...

Grumpy

She said that if a bank stops charging a customer interest, they would still be making a record of the interest that would have been charged and they would write that off to get a tax reduction.

She thought that might be what RBoS were up to with 2 sets of accounts, nothing f....ulent about it.

Grumpy

I agree, top National media on their case now, and i have been invited to the BBCs studio on Tuesday.

I think the following is interesting.

Cavendish Elithorn is currently responsible for Preliminary Investigation, enquiries and Resource Allocation at the OFT. His team is responsible for analysis of complaints submitted to the OFT and proposing what action should be taken. Cavendish joined the OFT in 2004 working on the market studies programme, and he led the recent restructuring of the OFT. Previously, he was a Senior Manager at Capital One Bank (Europe). Cavendish brings a range of experience to his new role, having been at the forefront of a major programme of change at the OFT and creation and delivery of financial projects for a major international bank.

Paul

Winston Churchill

Paul, interesting from the OFT! I've been contacted by the BBC by a journalist who is wanting to hear the background to my cases - particularly that of the Halifax who have provided me with a 'true copy' of a CCA which is little more than a postal application which they claim was completed by me, yet is in someone else's handwriting!

Bank and credit card reclaims - £9,806

Sainsburys CCA non-compliance with FOS;

Natwest reclaim of £340 in progress;

Egg credit card reclaim in progress

wow bath you can now make your handwriting look different.

well keep us updated.

Paul do u know if it is being aired on tuesday or just possibly filmed.

OFT debt collection guidance

Please remember the only stupid question is the one you dont ask so dont worry about asking the stupid questions.

Essex girl in pc world looking 4 curtains 4 her pc,the assistant says u dont need curtains 4 a computer!!Essex girl says,''HELLOOO!! i,ve got WINDOWS!!'.

wow bath you can now make your handwriting look different.

well keep us updated.

Paul do u know if it is being aired on tuesday or just possibly filmed.

It goes out on the third.

Paul

Winston Churchill

Paul, interesting from the OFT! I've been contacted by the BBC by a journalist who is wanting to hear the background to my cases - particularly that of the Halifax who have provided me with a 'true copy' of a CCA which is little more than a postal application which they claim was completed by me, yet is in someone else's handwriting!

Would you be prepared to talk to another journalist.

I'll pm you further details.

Paul

Winston Churchill

ok can u let us know what channel and what time please when u no as l think we all want to watch a fellow CAGGER in action. remember to try and drop the name of the website in.

Please remember the only stupid question is the one you dont ask so dont worry about asking the stupid questions.

Essex girl in pc world looking 4 curtains 4 her pc,the assistant says u dont need curtains 4 a computer!!Essex girl says,''HELLOOO!! i,ve got WINDOWS!!'.

An email from the beeb earlier after they'd viewed a couple of docs and information regarding Fraud!.

That's fantastic Paul - thank you. As I'm off next week until Thursday I've asked my colleague ************* to take over the reigns on this. I'll let her know everything you've told me so far. When you fax the documents please mark them for her attention. Then if you could send her any other contact details for Trading Standards, Office of Fair Trading etc. But please copy me in to all the emails too.

I've booked a slot in the BBC Sheffield studio for you at 10am.

Paul

Winston Churchill

cool under more pressue now.

They can get away with this much longer they are going to have to admitt defent so.

but on a lighter note at least they are being exposed and ppl now know what to look for.

Grumpy

Does anyone have a link or further information on the tax issue.?

Winston Churchill

Grumpy

If they are knowingly doing this to get charge off againt tax, then IMO it would not be legal.

If they are knowingly doing this to get charge off againt tax, then IMO it would not be legal.

To be honest I was disapointed when she said that it sounded all legal and not unusal. I am hoping it is unlawful, but I think that it might be one of those business expense type losses that they can offset against profits to reduce tax liability.

If they sold the debt to a DCA, they would write off the loss against tax liability. The difference here is they appear to be doing the same with interest not charged.

I recollect that you can even write off bad debts against tax liability immediately, then add anything that you do get as profit. In that case especially, you would keep a separate record of the account, plus interest that would be charged and write that off too.

I am not trying to defend them. I have supported several accounting systems and am used to seeing all sorts of what seems like wierd accounting practices, especially by organisations that use conservative accounting methods i.e. applying potential losses & liabilities immediately and profits only when realised.

I suspect that banks err on the conservative side and end up doing all kinds of accounting to substantiate what they do & avoid claiiming twice but ensure claiming for everything that they can (at the earliest opportunity).

That probably means that most people's alleged debts here are already written off against profit for tax purposes and selling to a DCA would amount to profit for the bank, even though in real terms overall it is a loss. That shows what kind of twisted thinking this kind of accounting can lead to.

Grumpy

But surely if it were that simple and that was what they were doing then they could have been up front to the MP at the outset and could have answered the critics accordingly.

Quite agree

Even if they are hiding details about their accounting practices, what they write off and when, they should have come clean to him.

It might just be arrogance that they don't have to explain themselve to a mere M.P.. They probably wouldn't to a newspaper.

[next sentences deleted]

Grumpy

I think we need to be careful here, for the sake of the forum, and replace the word "illegal" with "unlawful" in some of these posts - there's a world of difference between the meanings, whether it's true or not! ;)

I think we need to be careful here, for the sake of the forum, and replace the word "illegal" with "unlawful" in some of these posts - there's a world of difference between the meanings, whether it's true or not! ;)

My dictionary helpfully defines illegal as unlawful and unlawful as illegal:confused: