Central Ticketing? Anyone heard of them???

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4669 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Guest 1594matt

Hi again JetSetWilly.

I've also had a couple of letters from CCS recently.

I'm not quite sure how it works, but I assume that they offer to buy up outstanding debts from other companies for a reduced rate, and then recoup the profits from chasing the full amount, and any additional 'costs'. Is that how they operate?:?

Of course, I have no intention of paying them anything whatsoever, but I have to admit, it does seem rather daunting when you have letters from these people arriving at your door.

Surely though, if this company plan to take it further to recover the debt, it will all come down to how the initial demand was issued, ie: an unlawful, unenforceable ticket, issued by a company that has NO legal standing at all? Am I right? Or am I right?

If anyone has any more ideas or suggestions of how to proceed, there are (at least) two people here, ready to listen!

One thing the latest letter did say was 'IGNORING US WILL NOT WORK' or something along those lines. So I may just call them up and tell them why I'm not paying, and then put it in writing somehow. Any ideas?:)

• Replies 410
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

This is a long thread so I apologise if I'm repeating an earlier post.

The standard tactic with debt collection agencies is to write back to the debt collection collection disputing the debt - any number of different reasons - as per the "sticky" - Parking Charges - all you need to know" - and insist it be refered back to the issuing company.

The OFT have guidelines which all debt collection collection agencies are obliged to follow which state, amonst other things:

* Don't chase debts which are genuinely disputed.

Some of these "debt collection agencies" are just the PPC under another letterhead. [from spare room office across the landing to back bedroom]

Just received my 'IGNORING US WILL NOT WORK!' letter this morning from ccscollect.

In a big bold box at the top of the letter it says; DEBT : £135.00

:razz: Is what i say to that!!

They can send all the threatening letters they like as they will not be getting a penny from me!

Seriously though, I will write back to them following the advice from the sticky.

Am guessing they have bought the 'debt' from Central Ticketing and don't really have the full details.

Is it likely that they will try & take me to court or do they just make threats?

Either way, am not paying!

• 2 weeks later...
Hi Guys,

this is the signage on the car park of my "alleged" offence

parkingel9.th.jpg

Is this legal that they can just add a sticky bit of plastic at the bottom with added prohibitions on??

SwissT

Can anybody explain to me how this sign constitutes a formation of a contract? I doubt it even meets one of the required 4 elements. Well maybe 1.5.

I think it is the old trap of people not understanding the difference between a contract and a licence.

• 3 weeks later...
Guest 1594matt
Let me know how you're getting on matt, nice to know the threads still alive!

If anythin, they've got us to deal with! :D

Hello mate.

Yeah, I'm still fighting this one. As well as a couple of letters, I've also had a digital voice mail message left on my home phone! It sounded like a mobile number too, as though it had been sent by text, and one of those computerised voice things was reading it out.

Anyway, I decided to give CCS a call the other day, which would actually be my FIRST contact with anyone regarding this issue.

I told them in no uncertain terms that I would NOT be paying anything to them, due to it being unlawful, unreasonable, and not to mention completely ridiculous!

'Did you write to Central Ticketing to appeal?' was the reply.

'No, I didn't. I ignored them completely.'

'Maybe if you'd sent them the £60 along with an appeal letter, you might've been had it cancelled.'

'YEAH, RIGHT! Like I'm going to send them £60, just on the off-chance that I might get it back!'

Anyway, I was informed that details of the conversation would be passed on to Central Ticketing, so I'm awaiting their response now.

Anyone else seeing any progress?:grin:

• 3 weeks later...

Hi All,

Thought I would share my experience with Central Ticketing which seems to have followed the same pattern as others in this thread:

Stupid ticket placed on my car when parked on private land (car park in my development). £60 charged because I had parked outside of an allocated bay. Ha Ha.

Wrote long letter explaining circumstances and saying I would not pay 'cos charge unlawful, unenforceable etc.

Received series of ever more threatening letters (and ever more non-sensical justifications of the charge), charge increasing over time.

Finally got letter from Commercial Collection Services, obviously designed to scare the wits out of simple people. Replied to them saying I was disputing charge and not paying.

1 month later, another letter from CCS saying "Ignoring us will not work". Phoned them and spoke to a very bored sounding man who audibly groaned when I mentioned the name Central Ticketing. Conversation as follows;

ME: I dispute the charge claimed by Central Ticketing, I'm not paying

BORED MAN: So you're definitely not going to pay?

ME: No

BORED MAN: In that case we will refer the case back to Central Ticketing where it will disappear forever.(He actually said this!)

ME: (dumbfounded by the admission that the whole thing has been a massive [problem]) err, good.

So in summary, after 5 months of threatening letters and lots of wasted time on my part, the matter seems to have disappeared. Scumbags.:x

Guest 1594matt

Hi Jonson.

Wow, it's incredible that he actually said that! I got virtually the same response when I phoned them, except he didn't say that it would disappear forever. But it seems to have done that anyway; I haven't heard from them for weeks now.

I'm amazed that Central Ticketing and other PPCs like it still exist, because they rely on intimidation by issuing imitation parking tickets to get money from people! I feel sorry for those who have had to shell out all that money, just to line their pockets.

Greedy, thieving scumbags.:-x:-x:-x

Hi Jonson.

Wow, it's incredible that he actually said that! I got virtually the same response when I phoned them, except he didn't say that it would disappear forever. But it seems to have done that anyway; I haven't heard from them for weeks now.

I'm amazed that Central Ticketing and other PPCs like it still exist, because they rely on intimidation by issuing imitation parking tickets to get money from people! I feel sorry for those who have had to shell out all that money, just to line their pockets.

Greedy, thieving scumbags.:-x:-x:-x

Glad to hear you have had a similar result - as you say, makes you so angry, can't believe this area hasn't received more press attention.

• 1 month later...

Hi Chaps,

As of this morning, i've been done too! And yes, it's the same Moorgate retail park in Bury this morning. Despite being impeccably parked and shopping in comet and KFC Apparently, i left the car park temporarily and therefore committed an offence! I've written to my local MP and will speak to Citizens' Advice. I'm damned if i'll give into them without a fight. Any advice from anyone with outstanding cases against them?

Hi Chaps,

As of this morning, i've been done too! And yes, it's the same Moorgate retail park in Bury this morning. Despite being impeccably parked and shopping in comet and KFC Apparently, i left the car park temporarily and therefore committed an offence! I've written to my local MP and will speak to Citizens' Advice. I'm damned if i'll give into them without a fight. Any advice from anyone with outstanding cases against them?

You've not committed an offence. This is a civil invoice. If they use that word on a ticket then they are breaking the law themselves.

Don't initiate contact with them. Wait for them to write to you as the Registered Keeper.

Have a read of the private parking charges sticky (here) at the top of the forum and also Bernie The Bolt's template letters (here). Post any questions.

Just a word of warning the CAB don't always understand the situation with regards to Private Parking Companies so be wary of any advice you get from them on this issue.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This does not constitute legal advice and is not represented as a substitute for legal advice from an appropriately qualified person or firm.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

CAB have been got at over the issue of private parking tickets. Their information system entry is built around information supplied by the BPA. I'm working to correct this. I don't yet know whether it's an innocent mistake or a vested interest of some kind: some bureaus use the services of PPCs for their staff parking.

Post by me are intended as a discussion of the issues involved, as these are of general interest to me and others on the forum. Although it is hoped such discussion will be of use to readers, before exposing yourself to risk of loss you should not rely on any principles discussed without confirming the situation with a qualified person.

CAB have been got at over the issue of private parking tickets. Their information system entry is built around information supplied by the BPA. I'm working to correct this. I don't yet know whether it's an innocent mistake or a vested interest of some kind: some bureaus use the services of PPCs for their staff parking.

Hard one to call which is why I suggested caution as I thought their guide on PPC charges was misleading to say the least. OTH their guide on clamping is not to bad. Contains some useful advice on how to deal with the clampers. They do suggest that you seek legal advice on whether you can claim the charges back from the clampers.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This does not constitute legal advice and is not represented as a substitute for legal advice from an appropriately qualified person or firm.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

• 3 weeks later...

Just to update to my case with Central Ticketing, i've finally had closure (ticket issued for 'abused patron parking' -ie leaving the car park). And despite the general consensual advice in this thread to just ignore the ticket, i didn't but initiated contact, but only gave them the barest of information, and sent them a letter similar to those templates on this site (ie on what grounds have i been issued this ticket, either prove why, because as far as i'm concerned, i owe you nothing) and included the copy of a receipt of a purchase i'd made in the retail park, and got a letter back this morning saiying they apologise for any distress and inconvenience caused and the ticket is cancelled. The fact i'd contacted bury council, and my local MP may have had leanings on them too. Hope this helps.

Guest interesting
Just to update to my case with Central Ticketing, i've finally had closure (ticket issued for 'abused patron parking' -ie leaving the car park). And despite the general consensual advice in this thread to just ignore the ticket, i didn't but initiated contact, but only gave them the barest of information, and sent them a letter similar to those templates on this site (ie on what grounds have i been issued this ticket, either prove why, because as far as i'm concerned, i owe you nothing) and included the copy of a receipt of a purchase i'd made in the retail park, and got a letter back this morning saiying they apologise for any distress and inconvenience caused and the ticket is cancelled. The fact i'd contacted bury council, and my local MP may have had leanings on them too. Hope this helps.

I would suspect the ticket was cancelled because you contacted them and sent in proof that you were a customer of the retail park and all the times tally up.

It seems like a good common sense cancellation - I doubt very much it was because you ccd various people, your case was simple.

The ticket was issued because you left the carpark, but spent money in the stores - so you were a valid customer and the ticket was issued by the attendant who prob had to get his quota for the day and he saw you walking off site (therefore, he may of suspected you were not a customer).

So the ticket was issued incorrectly, 1 letter from you explaining this with receipts and it was cancelled ... exactly how I suspect it should be done.

Good result for you, you did nothing wrong - explained it (instead of just ignoring or taking the stroppy line) and it was cancelled !

At the risk of troll feeding

It seems like a good common sense cancellation - I doubt very much it was because you ccd various people, your case was simple.

Common sense - nah they didn't want the hassle they would have got had the OP got on to the stores involved and complained.

The ticket was issued because you left the carpark

That was reason he got the ticket pure and simple

Good result for you, you did nothing wrong - explained it (instead of just ignoring or taking the stroppy line) and it was cancelled !

So the ticket was issued incorrectly

Yes it was a good result but by the PPC's definition he did do something wrong and it was issued correctly. On the sign it clearly states that if you leave the carpark you get an invoice. (never mind if it's a valid term or OP had seen the sign etc)

1 letter from you explaining this with receipts and it was cancelled ... exactly how I suspect it should be done.

Suspect it should be done (where? In the same world where Father Christmas and the Easter Bunny are real?) But not how you and your friends do it is it?

- explained it (instead of just ignoring or taking the stroppy line) and it was cancelled !

How many people come on these forums with valid representations that have been rejected by the PPCs. We all know that the PPC's very reason for existing is profit (or else why be in business at all) and that representation using valid reasons or logic usually fall on deaf ears.

I suspect that the fact the OP had a valid receipt and had contacted the council and his local MP may also have had some bearing on getting this [problem] ended. He showed he wasn't about to take this lying down. I imagine the retailers would be none to happy about a customer being harrassed in this way. I'm sure that would have been his next port of call, along with the OFT and Trading Standards.

IMO they cancelled because they did not want the hassle and didn't have a valid case in the first place. Usual practice this guy knows what he's talking about so let's move on to the next sucker.

• 7 months later...

Hello

I just received a ticket from Central Ticketing, I parked across my friend's garage overnight as there were no free spaces on her private estate. At 06.18, I got a ticket for 'obstructive parking' despite not obstructing anything except access to mate's garage.

Looking at the posts on this thread, I am tempted to send them a letter politely explaining this, I believe parking restrictions do not start until 7.30am on this particular estate.

Any words of wisdom gratefully received.

Many thanks

Looking at the posts on this thread, I am tempted to send them a letter politely explaining this, I believe parking restrictions do not start until 7.30am on this particular estate.

I'll save you the bother. Your letter back will say "We are satisfied that a contravention took place. Payment of £xx is required."

There is no appeals process. A private company will never cancel one of their tickets.

I'm very sceptical of a poster with 0 posts coming on here and saying they've had a ticket cancelled. Chances are he works for such a company and is encouraging you to contact Central.

• do not pay

• do not contact them

ignore any threatening letters you receive

• they will go away after 4 or 5 bits of junkmail

Edited by Al27

• 2 weeks later...

Aaarrrg! Central Ticketing and their stooges will not leave me alone!

After a text-book comedy ticket issue (parked on my private estate, in nobody's way at 6am on a bank holiday monday) about 18 months ago - I am still regularly (1/month?) getting stupid threatening letters from Central Ticketing stooges.

At the time I wrote to Central Ticketing saying the usual stuff, but then started ignoring them. Since then I have had letters from about 5 different "credit collection agencies" threatening the usual stuff. I started by replying that I contested the claim etc, but just kept getting letters so now I ignore them. One year on they are still going to take me to court if I don't pay in 7 days. The hilarious thing is, the last 5 or 6 letters have all come from the same address, in the same format, but the company name has changed every time!

It's quite amusing, but how can I make them stop??? I'm sure that if I contact them in any way it will just encourage them.

Any thoughts?

Ta

they just keep selling the 'debt' on by now I guess. just put them all in the same pile and be happy they are wasting their time and money. :)

Yeah, but the last 4 or 5 letters have all been from the same place (albeit under different names) - you would have thought they would have given up by now.