Civil Enforcement Ltd (again!)

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4783 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

You're right, these letters do cause a bit of bottom-twitching, but the advice is still the same, IGNORE.

To put your mind further at ease, Newlyn and CEL are one and the same. Its all mind games. I actually did go as far as sending Newlyn a letter (see below), but in hindsight I probably shouldn't have bothered.

I am in receipt of your letter dated 18th Jan 2008.

I write to advise the debt is in dispute and I have made final representations with your client. I will not accept any further contact from you regarding this matter and have made my position with your client quite clear in the past. With this in mind you have two options – you should stop contacting me or take legal action without delay. Should you persist in contacting me, given that I have made my position in the matter clear, you will commit the criminal offence of harassment which will then be reported to the police.

to all when the silly letters come your way just think how much it cost them to send out all this rubbish.they will not take you to court as they will lose.all the ppc`s do is contact the land owner then pay a small fee to manage the said carpark then throw out tickets like their at a wedding.

dont pay even when the solicitors letters turn up (normaly g.white) you get two from this clown, then as if by magic it all goes away,poof, puff of smoke, gone

Has anyone on this forum ever reported a PPC/"Debt Collector" to the Police; and had them do anything about it - or are the Police just as ineffectual as the PPC's?

All of these are on behalf of a friend.. Cabot - [There's no CCA!]

CapQuest - [There's no CCA!]

Barclays - Zinc, [There's no CCA!]

Robinson Way - Written off!

NatWest - Written off!

Thanks Redwoodsteve, thats comforting to know they are the same ppl, i will continue to IGNORE, in ties of woe, i may write on here and panik.

Im standing firm.

Just out of intrest, Newlyn send me a outstanding bill of £238, did yours ever escalate more than that?

regards

Can I do that if....

I was actually in a CEL managed car park at the Goldstaone Retail Park in Hove for over the two hours their notices apparently state (the Enforcement Notice advises that my car was parked there from 08:50 - 12:30)... yet I never actually left the retail outlets on the site?

I'd dropped my son off for a two hour exam he was sitting in Hove and rather than drive 13 miles back home and then have to drive all the way back an hour later to pick him up I decided to wander around the shops at the Goldstone have an early lunch in Burger King and read a book while I waited. I went in three superstores, ambled around and had a pretty relaxing morning.

I'm afraid I never noticed any signs warning of remote car parking monitors and although I've actually been to that retail park on many previous occasions I've never stayed as long before. The car park wasn't full. It wasn't even half full...

Then I get a Parking Contravention Enforcement Notice from CEL asking for £150 for parking my car in the carpark of the stores where I'd just spent a morning browsing and lunching!

My only previous interaction with superstores that support this sort of car park restriction has been where they have installed BIG customer notices and ticket machines where you pay a token parking fee and then you get your voucher refunded at a tillpoint. If that sort of scheme had been in place I would never have:

1) Missed the notices specifying the limited time period and

2) Parked there at all - the local Coop superstore has a Costa Coffee and comfy seating which I'd have preferred to Burger King AND they have and a FREE car park!

The Goldstone stores have lost my patronage after this.

What I am VERY worried about though is the effect ignoring something like this might have on my credit rating??? I've never had a bad rating or not paid a debt ever before and I'm so nervous...

What I am VERY worried about though is the effect ignoring something like this might have on my credit rating??? I've never had a bad rating or not paid a debt ever before and I'm so nervous...

Your credit rating will not be effected. The only way that could happen is if the case goes to court (very unlikely), you lose ( very, very unlikely) and you refuse to pay whatever the judge orders.

Do not contract the company and ignore any correspondence from them. You have not broken any laws and you do not owe them a penny.

It's a [problem]. All you have is an unenforceable invoice.

• do not pay

• do not contact them

ignore any threatening paperwork

ignore any junkmail from their powerless debt collectors

• they will give up after 4 or 5 letters

Your credit rating can ONLY be affected IF you are taken to court AND you lose AND you refuse to pay within 28 days.

More chance of hell freezing over.

This is a mail based [problem]. Number 1 reason people pay is because they don't know about CCJs and that they think the charge is in someway legitimate. Your fears over CCJs is exactly the response these con men are trying to elicit.

What I am VERY worried about though is the effect ignoring something like this might have on my credit rating???

The effect on your credit rating is ZERO.

I've never had a bad rating or not paid a debt ever before and I'm so nervous...

You don't have a debt now, you just have begging letters.

regards

Please remember our troops, fighting and dying in our name. God protect them.

:-) Thank you everyone for your reassurances.

I have decided am going to ignore this demand for money.

I think that if I'd been dangerously parked, or had used the car park inappropriately (e.g. parked there while I went off somewhere else entirely unrelated to the businesses on the site), or the car park had been full and my staying there so long had prevented someone else accessing the businesses I might feel that the demand had some validity.... but I did none of those things.

I'm sure that businesses like CEL might have a useful role to fulfil if they applied common sense. And businesses and landowners who use the services of companies like CEL need to be mindful that the public are well able to go elsewhere for goods and services should they encounter such poor treatment as the sort I received at the hands of CEL last week!

:-) Thank you everyone for your reassurances.

I have decided am going to ignore this demand for money.

I think that if I'd been dangerously parked, or had used the car park inappropriately (e.g. parked there while I went off somewhere else entirely unrelated to the businesses on the site), or the car park had been full and my staying there so long had prevented someone else accessing the businesses I might feel that the demand had some validity.... but I did none of those things.

And you would be wrong. CEL are not interested in ensuring parking is available for everyone who needs it at the various locations, they in it for the money they can [problem] of people, full stop.

I'm sure that businesses like CEL might have a useful role to fulfil if they applied common sense.

It is nothing to do with the application of commen sense or fairness it is purely about [causing problems] money from the unwary.

And businesses and landowners who use the services of companies like CEL need to be mindful that the public are well able to go elsewhere for goods and services should they encounter such poor treatment as the sort I received at the hands of CEL last week!

Agree completely.

regards

• 2 weeks later...

Hi its me again...

With regards to my ongoing battle with CEL and parking at The Hub in milton keynes.

I receieved some more response from Newlyn...the first one is a letter of recipt to say they recived my letter.

The other one: NOTICE PROIR TO COUNTY COURT PROCEEDINGS...it says

You have failed to pay the above parking ticket, and this may be registered in the county court.

This action will allow balliffs to remove household effects and cars from your property, and may effect your credit rating.

(this is word for word)

Then it says, i have 14days from the date of this letter, whic was 21/5/10.

Anyone else had this?

Im panicking, help please.

Im on maternity pay, barely covering bill as it is, and they want me to pay £238.13.

I have recived NO parking ticket, and no invoice.

they are trying to put the scare tactics on you

its all they "MAY" not they will

its not a matter of they will register it , there has to a court hearing BEFORE anything can happen with baliffs

Thanks,

Im so nervous, fed -up and its getting me down. All this started in feb!

Its like when i read the forum responses, i get more confirdent again, and thisnk f*ck em...then i get letters thorugh, and its takes me 10steps back again.

sorry to rant-getting to the end of my tether!

I hope so, i was reading another resp, where it says they got a few from newlyn then a g. whites solicitors and then nothing...unfortunately not for me they keep coming....

They do read these forums and if 2+2 = 9 (that's the dca working out), and they get an idea of who it is and you sound nervous, they will probably try a bit longer.

That statement about bailiffs being able to remove goods is pure harassment and intimidation. They have to win first and then rely on you ignoring the decision, then the court decides what action to take. When you get letters like these, you know view will IN nowhere near a court. So relax.

I hope so, i was reading another resp, where it says they got a few from newlyn then a g. whites solicitors and then nothing...unfortunately not for me they keep coming....

If they thought they had a chance in hell of a win at court you would have had papers ages ago. It is all bluff designed to frighten the unknowing into paying a [problem] invoice. Look at their letters again they are nothing more than begging letters.

There is nothing to panic about, you know what to expect from these clowns so just do what most do, laugh at them. Any problems post back.

regards

Hi I agree with the above posts, they cannot register a debt at court. They have to instigate court proceedings (possibility 0.01%) they have to win (again 0.01%) you have to then ignore the courts decision and not pay they then have to ask the court to send in a bailiff etc,

dpick

Since my original post on here on 10 May, and following the advice of fellow CEL victims to ignore the demand for payment, I have heard nothing from them. Do I feel relieved? Do I heck as like. It feels like the Sword of Damacles is hanging over me... and I'm just waiting for the big drop of another demand or a solicitor letter or even a court notice...

I totally agree that we should be able to ignore them because they are legally very grey, and I feel, in my case, that I have been totally victimised. However, the stress is terrible. I wish there was some way to sue them!

However, the stress is terrible. I wish there was some way to sue them!

The stress is terrible because you are taking their threats seriously instead of laughing at them. They will no doubt get great comfort that their threats do work from reading your post.

Just put their begging letters in a draw and when you feel like a good laugh take them out now and then and re read them.

regards

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4783 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks