Please comment on the new SAR generator here

BankFodder
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6194 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I think that the text of the letter needs to be tweaked a bit to make it more generic, such as removing references to collecting data etc.

Robertxc v. Abbey - £3300 Settled in full

Robertxc v. Clydesdale - £750 Settled in full

Nationwide v. Robertxc - £2000 overdraft wiped out, Default removed by order of the sheriff

Robertxc v. Style Card - Default removed by order of the sheriff

Robertxc v. Abbey (1) - Data Protection Act action. £750 compensation

Robertxc v. Abbey (2) - Data Protection Act action. £2000 compensation, default removed

The opinions on this post are those of Robertxc and not necessarily the opinions of the group and do not constitute sound legal advice. You are advised to seek professional legal advice.

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Can the people who didn't have an account number please clarify. The account number is supposed to appear on a second page along with any other optional info that was input. Are you saying that you added an account number but it didn't appear on the second page?
One page only (even though it produced two separate .pdf files) and no account number on either...

Alecto, Magaera et Tisiphone: Nemesis on Earth is come.

All advice and opinions given by Spiceskull are personal, and are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

Fantastic, but the 4 mortgage companies i was looking for,

Birmingham Midshires, I Group, GMAC, Barclays Mortgages, werent on there and it wouldnt let me proceed without making a selection from the list..

I Wish you everything you wish yourself.

NatWest Claimed £1,639. Accepted £1,344.

Natwest Paid me again as GOGW £1,656. Yes they can have it back if they say please.

Barclays 1 Claimed £1,260. Won by default. Paid in full

Barclays 2 Claimed £2,378. Won by default. Paid in full

Birmingham Midshires. Claimed £2,122. Accepted £2,075.

I still have problems with the wording of the template, specifically...

Please supply me with all of the personal data that you hold to which I am entitled under the Data Protection Act 1998. In particular, I require a complete list of transactions and charges relating to my history with your organisation.Alternatively, a complete set of statements will be acceptable.

My objection is based on the premise that you are giving them the option of not supplying information that can prove to be useful at the court stage, i.e. by allowing them to give you statements as an alternative you are letting them off the hook for supplying any notations or logs for any charges made.

If they have to supply either the notation or an admission that there are no logs or notations, then that can show that the process WAS entirely automated and therefore their costs would be considerably lower.

it generates the letter twice ... once named *bank name* and then one named *cagsarg*.
The cagsarg letter is actually a collection of all the letters you've done. So for example if you'd done letters to HSBC and RBS they would both be on the cagsarg letter, one after the other, to make printing them all out at once easier.

Nationwide v. Robertxc - £2000 overdraft wiped out, Default removed by order of the sheriff

Robertxc v. Abbey (2) - Data Protection Act action. £2000 compensation, default removed

The opinions on this post are those of Robertxc and not necessarily the opinions of the group and do not constitute sound legal advice. You are advised to seek professional legal advice.

It strikes me as somewhat ironic that in fighting the banks' "standardised" approach to customer relations, in sending out "template" letters that sometimes are not even relevant to the query, that we should now resort to auto-generated template letters ourselves.

There is a danger in this - the banks' will come to expect exact wording, and will develop a response, and therefore the process of individualising letters will need to start over again.

That there are templates in the library, for people to "tweak" is great, but I believe that any auto-generated letters will actually encourage homogenisation of the claims process, and in fact will detract from the "minimum effort required" that we are trying to empower people with...

...IMHO...:rolleyes:

Alecto, Magaera et Tisiphone: Nemesis on Earth is come.

All advice and opinions given by Spiceskull are personal, and are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

It strikes me as somewhat ironic that in fighting the banks' "standardised" approach to customer relations, in sending out "template" letters that sometimes are not even relevant to the query, that we should now resort to auto-generated template letters ourselves.

There is a danger in this - the banks' will come to expect exact wording, and will develop a response, and therefore the process of individualising letters will need to start over again.

That there are templates in the library, for people to "tweak" is great, but I believe that any auto-generated letters will actually encourage homogenisation of the claims process, and in fact will detract from the "minimum effort required" that we are trying to empower people with...

...IMHO...:rolleyes:

I have to say, I personally favour using the standard ICO approved version of the SAR, which basically says 'send me all of the data to which I am entitled'. I guess the problem with specifically asking for things like manual records etc, is that by implication the bank may feel that if it hasn't specifically been asked for, they don't need to send it. I suspect that over time we'll gradually develop a good all encompassing SAR.

Try the new Subject Access Request Generator

Please do let us have your comments so that we can correct and refine.

Post your comments in this thread.

|Hi

this is great can you do other letters in the same way.

thanks Great x

bright

How about a bit more room between 'yours faithfully' and the name for the signature?

Otherwise great aside from the a/c number and room for a joint account holder's name!

Loved it appart from the obvious account number missing problem. Also you can't generate for bank and credit card accounts together, instead you have to restart the process but as I said, great plan!

Barclays - 2 Accounts - WON

Capital 1 - WON with CI

LTSB - WON

LTSB pre 6 years - N1 for non compliance filed

Barclays pre 6 years - Prelim sent

Hi, i tried it as an exercise, whilst it got the Abbey Data Controller bit right, and my address there was no account number shown

Lula

Lula v Abbey - Settled

Lula v Abbey (2) - Settled

Lula v Abbey (3) - Stayed

Hiya,

Fantastic idea. :)

The only thing I noticed is the taborder in the additional addresses. Could it be amended so it tabs through the fields of the first address before it goes on to the second?

Kitty

Tried it again it is my eye sight I was looking under credit cards, It is shown under Banks, great tool but account number was not shown.

Looks like you are working on this from previous threads.

saved me loads of time, cant comment on the a/c number problem as i didnt have them anyway. A really useful tool!!!

GE MONEY- Settled 5/06/07

Capital One - Won 15/06/07

**Treat everyone as you would expect to be treated yourself**

First post and nice bit of work - straightforward questions.

However, I would be inclined to put the account details actually in the letter?

Not saying our banks are disorganised but anything that allows them to say "Oh, another delay as we've lost a page of your letter" will just allow them to take advantage of those who aren't sure of the procedure.

Otherwise nice job, but have to concur with comments that a template request may not be the route to take?

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6194 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks