• Tweets

• Shein has been linked to unethical business practices, including forced labour allegations.View the full article
    • Hi I have to agree with @unclebulgaria67 post#3 For the funding side of moving to a new area and it being private supported accommodation I would also suggest speaking to private supported accommodation provider about funding but also contact the Local Council for that area and have a chat with them about funding because if you are in receipt of Housing Benefit certain Supported Accommodation that meets a certain criteria is treated as ‘exempt accommodation’ for Housing Benefit purposes but you need to confirm this with that relevant Council in your new area especially since it is Private Supported Accommodation as each Council can have slightly different rules on this. If you have a certain medical condition look up the charities and also have a wee chat with them as they may be able to point you to different Grants to assist with moving costs and your question about funding for private supported accommodation as well.
    • Hi Just to be clear a Notice to Quit is only the very start of the Housing Association going down the Eviction route there is a long process to go. Also to be clear if you leave at the Notice to Quit date only and go to the Council claiming you are Homeless they will more than likely class you as Intentionally Homeless therefore you have no right to be given temporary housing by the Council. The only way that works is when the Court has Granted a Possession Order then you can approach the Council as Homeless with the Court Order. As for the Housing Association issuing the Notice to Quit because there investigation has proved it's not your main residence but you have witness statement to prove otherwise. From now on with the Housing Association you need to keep a very good paper trail and ensure to get free proof of posting from the post office with anything you send to them. You now need to make a Formal Complaint to the Housing Association and please amend the following to suit your needs:   Dear Sir/Madam FORMAL COMPLAINT Reference: Notice to Quit Letter Dated XX/XX/2024, Hand Delivered on XX/XX/2024 I note in your letter that you stated that the Housing Association has carried out an investigation into myself and came to the conclusion that I am not using this property as my main residence and have evidence of this and have therefore issued a 'Notice to Quit' by XX/XX/2024. I find the above actions absolutely disgraceful action by the Housing Association. 1. Why have I never been informed nor asked about this matter by my Housing Officer. 2. Why have I never been given the opportunity to defend myself before the Housing Association out of the blue Hand Delivered a Notice to Quit Letter. 3. I have evidence and witnesses/statements that prove this is my Main Residence and more than willing provide this to both the Housing Association and the Court. I now require the following: 1. Copy of your Complaints Policy (not the leaflet) 2. Copy of your Customer Care Charter (not the leaflet) 3. Copies of your Investigation into this not being my main residence.    As well as the above you need to send the Housing Association urgently a Subject Access Request (SAR) requesting 'ALL DATA' that simple phrase covers whatever format they hold that in whether it be letters, email, recorded calls etc. The Housing Association then has 30 calendar days to respond but that time limit only starts once they acknowledge your SAR Request. If they fail to respond within that time limit its then off with a complaint to the Information Commissioners Office (ICO).     
    • Hi Sorry for the delay in getting back to you The email excuse and I do say excuse to add to your account and if court decide LL can't recoup costs will be removed is a joke. So I would Ask them: Ask them to provide you with the exact terms within your Tenancy Agreement that allows them to add these Court Fees to your Account before it has been decided in Court by a Judge. Until the above is answered you require these Court Fees to be removed from your Account (Note: I will all be down to your Tenancy Agreement so have a good look through it to see what if any fees they can add to your account in these circumstances)
    • Thank you for your responses. As requested, some more detail. Please forgive, I'm writing this on my phone which always makes for less than perfect grammar. My Dad tries but English not his 1st language, i'm born and bred in England, a qualified accountant and i often help him with his admin. On this occasion I helped my dad put in his renewal driving licence application around 6 weeks before expiry and with it the disclosure of his sleep apnoea. Once the licence expired I told him to get in touch with his GP, because the DVLA were offering only radio silence at that time (excuses of backlogs When I called to chase up). The GP charged £30 for an opinion letter on his ability to drive based on his medical history- at the time I didn't take a copy of the letter, but I am hoping this will be key evidence that we can rely on as to why s88 applies because in the GP opinion they saw no reason he couldn't drive i need to see the letter again as im going only on memory- we forwarded the letter in a chase up / complaint to the DVLA.  In December, everything went quiet RE the sleep apnoea (i presume his GP had given assurance) but the DVLA noticed there had been a 2nd medical issue in the past, when my father suffered a one off mini stroke 3 years prior. That condition had long been resolved via an operation (on his brain of all places, it was a scary time, but he came through unscathed) and he's never had an issue since. We were able to respond to that query very promptly (within the 14 days) and the next communication was the licence being granted 2 months later. DVLA have been very slow in responding every step of the way.  I realise by not disclosing the mini stroke at the time, and again on renewal (had I known I'd have encouraged it) he was potentially committing an offence, however that is not relevant to the current charge being levied, which is that he was unable to rely on s88 because of a current medical issue (not one that had been resolved). I could be wrong, I'm not a legal expert! The letter is a summons I believe because its a speeding offence (59 in a temp roadworks 50 limit on the A1, ironically whist driving up to visit me). We pleaded guilty to the speeding but not guilty to the s87.  DVLA always confirmed to me on the phone that the licence had not been revoked and that he "May" be able to continue to drive. They also confirmed in writing, but the letter explains the DVLA offer no opinion on the matter and that its up to the driver to seek legal advice. I'll take the advice to contact DVLA medical group. I'm going to contact the GP to make sure they received the SAR request for data, and make it clear we need to see a copy of the opinion letter. In terms of whether to continue to fight this, or to continue with the defence, do we have any idea of the potential consequences of either option? Thanks all
  • Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf
  • Recommended Topics

Barclays Litigation Team Good or Evil? You Decide..

dar£n
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5736 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Enough is E,

Sorry, I forgot to mention that the money was safely in my a/c when I got back from court. The judge adjourned my case when I showed him B's offer letter and my acceptance.

Slick

We could do with some help from you

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?  Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Please give something if you can. We all give our time free of charge but the site has bills to pay.

Thanks !:-)

• Replies 992
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey everyone. I've just been allocated to the fast track (£15k claim!) got a court date of 15th August for a Directions Hearing, but the Judge has also issued an order that Barclays are to disclose their costs before the directions hearing. See here.

Just wondering who people think is the best contact at the moment in the litigation team?

John

Its been 16 days since I sent my settlement letter to PQ and no reply to emails I send him. I emailed Dino and he said he is sure Paul will have put in the request for me but they have a backlog at the mo so how long am I meant to wait and then what?

When's your court Date?

Also just had PQ tell me he couldn't refund the ten charges since my claim and I'll have to claim again. Sorry but those are MY terms of Settlement.

What B*****CKS!

Keep the faith. EiE.

Capstone Mortgage 'Services' - Sub-prime garbage - unlawful behaviour/MULTIPLE consumer abuse, TOTALLY in Defiance of REGULATIONS and the law

http://www.fsa.gov.uk/pubs/final/gmac_rfc.pdf

CONTACT CIB Here

http://www.insolvency.gov.uk/Complaintformcib.Htm

Kevin Hughes(Compliance Manager-main) @ 02920 380 633

Lee Jenkins(prosecuting Amany Attia) 02920 380 643

Mark Youde(accounts compliance) 02920 380 955

Charlotte Allan @ 0207 596 6108 investigating all the Lehman lenders

Jeremy Pilcher 0207 637 6231

NO KAGGA LEFT BEHIND...

"We would not seek a battle, as we are; Nor, as we are, we say we will not shun it"

I've received my settlement letter today. Kate Ashton advised that she had sent it last week, so I suggested she attach it to an email which she did. My Court date is 31/7.

Finding Krysta Campbell who is dealing with the other claim very hard to get hold of even though I've left VMs and sent emails with delivery receipts and read receipts.

Hi can anyone advise?

I am about to send a few emails to Krysta/Dino/Kate etc, I want to be sure that my sums are correct...

So when I first submitted my claim many months ago I had a figure calculated with intest....but surely that figure should increase as time goes by (do I re-calculate) or do you stick with the first amount on your claim? I have also incurred 7 more paid referral fees of £30 each totalling £240 with intrest of £3.01 DO I INCLUDE THESE?

ALSO do i mention the court fee of £120...do we get that back aswell? I have seen your notes on #24 but none of these questions are answered, have spent some time reading through the thread & can't find anything relevant.

I don't want to annoy the litigation team on the first point of contact....

pls help.:?

I added my Court costs to the schedule of charges then added the 4 that I have recently been charged and sent the whole lot to Krysta by email. I also attach an updated schedule everytime I email them, giving them the current settlement figure.

PQ just won't entertain this. I did send him alist of additional charges. He told me I'd have to start again. He will NOT include them in his final figure and I'm going to look pretty unreasonable if I reject the asettlement because of charges that aren't in the POCs. With seven Days to go can I still amend MY POCS.

Keep the faith. EiE.

Capstone Mortgage 'Services' - Sub-prime garbage - unlawful behaviour/MULTIPLE consumer abuse, TOTALLY in Defiance of REGULATIONS and the law

http://www.fsa.gov.uk/pubs/final/gmac_rfc.pdf

CONTACT CIB Here

http://www.insolvency.gov.uk/Complaintformcib.Htm

Kevin Hughes(Compliance Manager-main) @ 02920 380 633

Lee Jenkins(prosecuting Amany Attia) 02920 380 643

Mark Youde(accounts compliance) 02920 380 955

Charlotte Allan @ 0207 596 6108 investigating all the Lehman lenders

Jeremy Pilcher 0207 637 6231

NO KAGGA LEFT BEHIND...

"We would not seek a battle, as we are; Nor, as we are, we say we will not shun it"

I'm in the same position, I've just added up £250 in new charges on my personal account, in less than 6 weeks !

I've e-mailed Tom Hickey, to ask to add them to my claim, we'll see.......:confused:

-------------------------------------------------------------------

:cool:

In the words of QUINCY JONES:

" It's not about your acheivements in life, it's all about the journey getting there...."

I got my Peices of Eight !;)

Hi can anyone advise?

I am about to send a few emails to Krysta/Dino/Kate etc, I want to be sure that my sums are correct...

So when I first submitted my claim many months ago I had a figure calculated with intest....but surely that figure should increase as time goes by (do I re-calculate) or do you stick with the first amount on your claim? I have also incurred 7 more paid referral fees of £30 each totalling £240 with intrest of £3.01 DO I INCLUDE THESE?

ALSO do i mention the court fee of £120...do we get that back aswell? I have seen your notes on #24 but none of these questions are answered, have spent some time reading through the thread & can't find anything relevant.

I don't want to annoy the litigation team on the first point of contact....

pls help.:?

If you used the spreadsheet found here http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/bank-templates-library/182-6-interest-calculation-spreadsheets.html then it auto updates ... if you didnt you can either transfer your details over to the spreadsheet OR you can multiply your charges by 0.00022 this will give you a daily increase rate .... then multiply the daily interest rate by the number of days that have passed since you filed at court ....

New charges it depends on who you are dealing with some will add them onto your claim others wont and you will have to go through the whole process again

Your court fees should be added to your final total as these are reclaimable back from the bank ...

Hope this answers your Questions

saint

PQ just won't entertain this. I did send him alist of additional charges. He told me I'd have to start again. He will NOT include them in his final figure and I'm going to look pretty unreasonable if I reject the asettlement because of charges that aren't in the POCs. With seven Days to go can I still amend MY POCS.

Only at a cost that is unreclaimable its either £35 or £65 .... but if you do amend your POC's the bank has a right to redefend .....

So heres one for you.Talk about cutting it fine,...... I was due in court today....Paul Quin rang me yesterday at 4.30...I had rang the day before and left about 10 messages .....anyway when he did call was very rude and we had a heated discussion....telling me to "Calm Down Madam". The nerve....anyway....I was claiming 2100 and settled at 1720.....he emailed me the settlement letter which I have printed off and signed and sent Special Delivery directly to him. So you guys...how long before I send in the Balliffs....cause I am only prepared to wait 1 more week more for my money.....:mad:

Great just had a reply to my emails & been told P.Quinn is in charge of my case, not good news, i've only read negative things about this guy.

If I end up going to court exactly what costs could I claim, I'm in the channel islands for the whole of the summer & i'd have to fly back for my court date, could i claim this!!!? My only other alternative is to change the date but I don't know how easy that is.......any suggestions? from reading this thread i was really hoping to settle it before court, but with quinn on the case it looks unlikely....

Hi,

Can anyone please help, as advised by jbarton1 I asked the court for an extension, I had to attend and was really panicking. Anyway judge was great and as expected no-one turned up from Barclays. Judge gave me 1 week extension in light of fact that my settlement had not reached my account. PQ informed me that money would take 3 working days (that was tuesday), money is still not in my account. I am really angry and PQ is not answering my emails.

What should I do if by next weeks court date the money is still not in my account? Any advise is extremely welcome!

Babyjaine:mad:

Saintly, sorry for being thick but what is a POC ?

Andrew.

Babyjane,

Set the court in motion, B's cannot ignore court judgements.

I don't like personal criticism but they (BLT) need a rocket up their arse & I can think of one who should get the boot pronto.

Andrew

Saintly 1, whats a POC, sorry to be thick but not heard that one before.

Babyjane, I dont normally like to see people criticised when there is no ability to respond, but I think PQ deserves the boot.

Wait while monday & then go talk to the judge again, they will get the message.

Saintly, sorry for being thick but what is a POC ?

Andrew.

Babyjane,

Set the court in motion, B's cannot ignore court judgements.

I don't like personal criticism but they (BLT) need a rocket up their arse & I can think of one who should get the boot pronto.

Andrew

POC = Particulars of claim ( as on the N1 or MCOL claim form)

I'd set the Court in motion as well, it would appear from the threads that Mr Quinn, thinks he is doing everyone a favour. I've advised Kate Ashton that although I have signed the settlement letter (with the non-disclosure bit crossed out), that if the monies do not appear in my account, I will be attending Court advising the Judge that I agreed settlement, but that they have breached this by not paying me. I'll then send the baliffs into my nearest branch!!

hey all

Mycourt date is on 30th july, So I called today and they told me Thomas Hickey was dealing with my case, when I spoke to him he seemed very polite and friendly and told me that he would try to get back to me one day next week, then he said if I dont call then call me, and he gave me his direct number, fair enough I think, theyre obviously very busy.

HERES THE BEST BIT

In his words 'I dont have your file in front of me so I'll need to look through it and get back to you but chances are we will settle the full amount with you before it goes to court'

As I said, hes very friendly and reassuring. DONT BE SCARED TO CALL THE TEAM.

Barclays Bank - WON :-D

Virgin - Sent N1 form

Lloyds TSB - waiting for court case to end

Egg - WON :grin:

Barclaycard - statements sent for

Halifax - statements sent for

Thanks DOS, my claim started with MSE & my MCOL claim was £2050 interest only added from date of last charge, not individually, subsequent calculations using the sheet on here make it currently £2250, so can I update the amount without it causing me too much hassle??

Thanks for any advice received.

Andrew

Thanks DOS, my claim started with MSE & my MCOL claim was £2050 interest only added from date of last charge, not individually, subsequent calculations using the sheet on here make it currently £2250, so can I update the amount without it causing me too much hassle??

Thanks for any advice received.

Andrew

As the amount is the interest @8% then its no problem :)... just send them the updated SOC :)

Sorry if anyones already posted this or its common knowledge, but i've just done 16 hrs at work and i'm too tired to read all the new posts!!!! :p (and click the smily buttons!)

Anyway... just phoned Dino's direct dial number and he is away on holiday this week and next (poor chaps burnt out!). I spoke to a really polite and helpful man call Greg Thomas who told me that Barclays are dealing with the claim chronologically and will get a call from Paul Quinn about a week before the hearing date. I was told to phone them on the 25th (hearing on 30th) if i had not heard from him!

Is this standard thing or genuine? He said he couldn't do anything until the file had been reviewed.

Possibly been fobbed off, but none the less the legal dept seem a lot happier than the customer service lot!