Barclays Litigation Team Good or Evil? You Decide..

dar£n
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5738 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Lemon - I'll keep you up to date (check out my thread as that's the one I'll up date). And yes, my claim is for £6,400 ish so it is quite big!

Just putting a load of stuff together to drop into the court this afternoon - I've not been asked for a bundle but I'm producing some additional information to be considered.

Cheers,

KA

Prelim letter received by Barclays: 26/03/07

**************no reply***************

LBA received by Barclays: 10/04/07

N1 filed at court: 25/04/07

N1 received by Barclays: 04/05/07

Offer of £1,885.00: 04/05/07 (turned down)

Offer rejection received by B'clays: 08/05/07

Barclays Acknowledge Claim: 11/05/07

Barclays Defence Filed: 18/05/07

Directions Hearing Date Set: 06/08/07

Case Stayed Until Feb '08

• Replies 992
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

This completely SUCKS!!!!!

My court date is August 23rd & I had already had a verbal full offer 2 weeks ago for the full amount of £7000.

Rob Saunders from Litigation called me on Monday & was so nice, but said..." Unfortunately for you Barclays are having all cases stayed until the outcome of the OFT case, so we wont be settling".

I was gutted.

I feel devastated. 3 weeks man, just 21 days to go.:(

Unbelievable.

Koalaattack, my hearing is also in Plymouth so I will be really, really interested to see how things go for you. Is your claim a high one like mine?

Mega-condolences to all & everyone.

I guess I just have to see this as a bonus now if/when things get resolved in our favour.

EL, which thread is this one? I tried to answer you there, but you have so many, I can't work it out, and I can't see that you have updated it.

Post the link here, and I'll advise you there.

Hi guys,

Sorry to post this hear but does anyone have a link to the latest template for draft directions? I've been looking and can't find one.

I have a directions hearing on Monday and want to submit some info this afternoon, including draft directions. Your help would be really, REALLY appreciated! Please feel free to reply in my thread (koala attack vs barclays) so as not to hijack this one any further.

Thanks!

KA

Prelim letter received by Barclays: 26/03/07

LBA received by Barclays: 10/04/07

N1 filed at court: 25/04/07

N1 received by Barclays: 04/05/07

Offer of £1,885.00: 04/05/07 (turned down)

Offer rejection received by B'clays: 08/05/07

Barclays Acknowledge Claim: 11/05/07

Barclays Defence Filed: 18/05/07

Directions Hearing Date Set: 06/08/07

Case Stayed Until Feb '08

In terms of the Human Rights issue and the 'Reasonable time' for hearing of a trial, what impact would this have on people who have already had cases stayed and are due in court again in the near future?

Surely to be stayed again would be a contradiction of this part of the Human Rights Act?

I ask because I noticed some people in other threads are saying they are soon due in court after their initial Stay has expired, and these people especially should eb looking at focing the court to act?!?

Peter

Sign my petition to the Prime Minister here:

PETITION

Thanks

Peter

!!!WON!!!

Mods, would it be worth using a similar tactic to organisations such as the NSPCC who have a link page that has an automated 'e-card' that sends to your local MPs/Ministers/the Court Service,

The NSPCC example can be found Campaign to help end cruelty to children - Support the NSPCC?

If too complex, how about having a Template Letter of Objection for everyone to copy and paste into an email (Plus a link to TheyWorkForYou.com: Are your MPs and Peers working for you in the UK's Parliament? etc).

Long shot but I think it's important to keep our voices heard despite efforts to mute such by this national Stay fever.

3 Active Claims:

Barclays Refund of Bank Charges (Sole account) - Applied to lift court ordered Stay

Barclays Refund of Bank Charges (Joint account) - Awaiting court date

Barclays Refund of Bank Charges (Joint account) Pre-6 yrs- LBA sent.

3 Wins :

Barclays t/a The Woolwich (Data Protection Act breach costs & compliance)

HSBC (on behalf of brother)

Settled Out of Court - £3,874.76

Alliance & Leicester (on behalf of friend)

Settled Out of Court - £723.41

welsh.... i sent a letter to my MP once concerning these charges and his attitude stunk, he was such a waste of time, i even got a letter from Ed Balls [dont laff thats his name] also waste of time.

there is a thread some where

hang on

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/barclays-bank/72321-letter-mp.html

http://www.findmadeleine.com/

http://news.sky.com/skynews/madeleine

If I dont reply to a direct question please feel free to PM me.

Hi Bookworm,

I do have alot dont I!!!!

There are 3 x Woolwich/Barclays

1 x Barclaycard

1 x Capital One

1 x GE

Phew!!!

I have posted the above on my Electric Lemon v Barclays £5000!!!!

for you to reply to.

Many thanks,

Leccy:D

Have just spoken to Dino although Tom Hickey is my port of call. He was very nice but said that due to the recent oft test case my personal claim will definately stayed and he will seek clarification on my business claim. They have no intention of sending any bundle as per the court directions but will send a representative on the day!

Crikey - have just been on the phone with Tom Hickey for 10 mins - he called me after Dino had passed a message on. He seemed very nice and very apologetic about the forthcoming stay that I will probably get for my two claims but said it is totally up to the judge on the day and that they had had a stay refused down south this morning by one judge and the case went ahead with conditions attached. He did say on the plus side that by the end of the test case I would have accrued quite a lot of interest!! Does he think they are going to lose by any chance!

they had had a stay refused down south this morning by one judge and the case went ahead with conditions attached.

This is important!

Anyone know who this is or what they proposed to the judge?

PETITION

Thanks

Peter

!!!WON!!!

I think he'll go stum now - he's basically given a bit too much away there!

But we'll see!

I have emailed a mod to let them know about this, and added a link from the main forum to gauge response - after all I may just be getting over excited over nothing much!

Peter

PETITION

Thanks

Peter

!!!WON!!!

Have just spoken to him again and he now says that the stay was granted but with certain conditions but that isn't what he said before. He said the judge had said that he wasn't going to do the same as everyone else and just follow on and that he would make up his own mind!

It was Tonbridge Wells Court in Kent.

brilliant!

Thanks for that - useful to know.

Conditions are good - especially if they are time based, and force the bank into providing information in that time.

Use this if you can at court - you now have the court name - you could ring the court and find out the judges name, and maybe what happened (what the conditions were!)

Peter

PETITION

Thanks

Peter

!!!WON!!!

Hello again guy's, just to remind you all from post #707, the judges have all been told to stay unless they can see any reason or special circumstance to continue.

We've been stayed just until the 23rd August as we leave the rosey UK on 1st Sept.

I can't wait to get back to court and hopefully watch the judge order Barclays to prove costs.

There has to be an ending in our case then because it is so timebound, i'm not sure what else can happen, MOH won't even let me approach barclays for them to re-consider settlement now as she want's it all out in court, and the Judge was definately leaning towards us, recommending un-reasonable costs, which i assume is a wasted costs order as well.

I'm not sure if it does help anyone but we will push as hard as we can on the 23rd and see what happens. I'm not sure how they will defend bearing in mind they have presented no bundle and the barrister that was present said they wouldn't pay for him to attend court again.

Is it just another loophole, that they don't attend, get awarded against and still don't have to prove their charges?

How much more manipulative of the British Justice system can you get. They really do take the p*** out of the judges.

:D B & Q Store Card *Settled* - £365 (912 AUD)

:D First Direct 1 *Settled* - £1089 (2722 AUD)

:D First Direct 2 *Settled* - £469 (1172 AUD)

:D Goldfish *Settled* - £372 (930 AUD)

:D Barclays *Settled* - £903 (2257 AUD)

This is an important post and thread for all who have been affected by the recent OFT/FSA case and subsequent court stays:

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/general/108220-fsa-review-waiver.html#post1050043

Use this letter and send it to your MP, your MEP, a favourable Lord, The FSA, the OFT, the PM and any other organisation, person, or body taht you can think of!

Reclaim the right!!!!

Peter

PETITION

Thanks

Peter

!!!WON!!!

Hello again guy's, just to remind you all from post #707, the judges have all been told to stay unless they can see any reason or special circumstance to continue.

This is not correct. I am sorry to say that your judge misunderstood or misled you. It may be that at the court where you are, this is what they are choosing to do, but they are plenty of courts which will not do so, and in my court, when I went there on Wednesday, it was very much business as usual. The reports we are getting from up and down the country indicates that most courts are carrying on as normal. And as for the Litigation team perpetating the story, well, there's a surprise. Not. :rolleyes:

:!: People, if you come across threads which have been settled or won in court since the OFT announcement, can you please report them hitting the report.gif button, clearly indicating that this is a post OFT one? We need to rebuild confidence as much as possible, and the sooner people see that banks are stil paying, the sooner we can derail the sense of doom and gloom on the forum. Thanks in advance. :)